Season 4 Rate: Nocturne

What did you think of "Nocturne"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
OK I dunno WTF that was......

But it friggin ROCKED!

Sydney's hallucinations were better then "Consious" last season. I truly hope the whatever Jack and Sloane were saying during her little FREAK OUT moments, have something to do with the rest of the season.

Dixon? Yeah he's acted like that before, never really "felt" his emotions. Dude he laid down the law to Sloane. I was expecting him to like reach over and start pounding him over the head yelling "WHO'S YOUR DADDY?! HUH?"

Jack with the whole lips shaking and stuff when he was talking to Syd in the van creeped me out and I LOVED IT.

Dude, I TOTALLY hope the writers realized that SYDNEY fricking BIT Vaughn during their little fight. And they both saw the spider at the end. Maybe they both still have Nocturne. Hmmmm.......

Wadia was great! "Am I spending the night?"

Marshall was hilarious once again. "Daddy loves you BOO BOO"

Overall, great acting, a little weird, but the ALIAS team pulled it off!

Loved the eppy too!

Alias hour goes by faster than any other in the entire week.

Even though each is self-contained...they always throw in a "tickler" for what's to come...i.e. Dixon's feelings revealed to Sloane (did you see the look on his face!)....can't wait to see that explosion! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

And thank you Lawrence Twilling (director of this ep) for a steadier camera this week! I didn't have to take my dramamine this week.

woah :blink: what a freaky episode - I thought it was really great - for the first time this season the actual plot had me hooked!! (y) the drug storyline and how it unfolded with sydney developing symptoms was really cool!!! (y)

best bits:
-sydney's hallucinations were so cool - how they seemed to be the actual goings on and then you would hear something like jack and vaughn organising to kill syd and you're like oh right its not real again. :P Very interesting!!
-dixon telling sloane he is still "toxic" - I hate when they cover up for ages that the whole team hate Sloane - it was nice to hear someone other than Sydney speak out against him and remind us that she is not the only one who hates him. (y)
-s/v fight!!!!!!!!!! :woot: awesome!!!!!!!!! I've waited a long time for that!!
- the vampire(!?) club - for a moment when syd was walking around in her cape following that guy I thought it was gonna turn into the opening scene from Blade!!! :Ph34r:
-syd and spy daddy having some quality (if a little freaky) quality time!!!
-s/v on the ice and at the end with the spider bringing luck :love:
-wadia - staying over!!! :woot: too cute.

definitely the best episode so far I think :smiley: and as azalea said

To me, this felt more like Alias than anything so far this season.

replying to other quotes:
-a few people talked about syd biting vaughn - she didn't bite him - he pulled away! ;)
-
I especially liked it when Syd and Vaughn were in the hospital in the end and Syd brought up the thing about Lauren, and Vaughn said, 'Don't worry about it, you weren't yourself when you said that'. the ironic part is, that was the most Sydney anybody has seen of her so far (including all past episodes up until this point). it was Sydney without her defense barriers talking, albeit a freaked out one. she truly is afraid of Vaughn leaving her again.
so true (y) I was a little suprised vaughn brushed this off - especially as at the start of the epi he was asking her what she was afraid of............I guess maybe he had aklready gotten his answer and didn't want to discuss iut further.

dude this was on effed up ep! I was soo disappointed in it...I mean it was great acting and all and seeing Syd being nuts and showing her fears was awesome...but I wanted more S/V interaction. They just seemed soo not together. I dont know..it was just werid

but the scene with Jack and Syd was heartbraking..sooo sad.

What an episode. I think the premise was great, the story telling about her fears and weaknesses, but the drug to do it was a little weird. It seems to me like they are starting to get back into the story telling! Going to be a good rest of the season.

Waow! That was great, weird, interesting and different episode. I loved the whole episode and Jennifer Garner was just wonderful.
I loved that everybody got some screen time.

Syd: “Then I think you better tie me up.”

I think it was interesting to finally get into Syd’s head. To see what she’s afraid.

Sydney: Will you hug me?
Jack: Of course I will.

The best moments on the show, for me, is always the moments between jack and Syd. They have one of the most interesting TV/movie father/daughter relationships I’ve ever seen. They finally went on a mission together…. :jump: :jump:

Sloane (while Sydney's hallucinating): But we both know at some point, I'll betray you and the people you care most deeply about...they'll die.

There were a couple of times in this episode, where I felt that it was showing a bit of the future. Which, I found very interesting ^_^

Dixon (to Sloane): I'll be there. I'll be waiting.

I love Dixon and he just stole the show. The interaction between him ad Sloane was just fantastic (y)

Vaughn: "I know you wanna take things slow, but what are you afraid of?"

I loved the Vaughn/Syd fight, not because it’s was anything special but because it’s not everyday you get a change to see them fight :lol: She so kicked his ass.....

I loved when Marshall talked to Carrie and his kid hehe that was great.

I could definitely see some X-Files/buffy moments a couple of times. Which, I don't mind, course I love both shows a whole lot ;)

I don't really mind that there is no cliffhangers, course I can see that there's a bigger arc going on. I love this season :D

It was a good episode. I enjoyed it. It was kinda freaky at the beginning. I did enjoy Wadia. Of course, I can't believe that he almost stayed over when we haven't even seen them kiss yet. Shouldn't we see that first? Syd's hallucinations about her dad were the best. VG was so freaky. Also a definite foreshadowing of Sloane's betrayal. Of course he's no good! And the hockey was good too.

Here are my complaints:

-Another stand-alone episode! We need an overarching storyline! Episodes need to connect. There's not even enough character development that connects the episodes, IMO.

-There should have been a Jack/Syd scene after all that. She did try to kill him. The whole father/daughter relationship aspect of the show is missing and I hate that. I enjoy that more than Syd/Vaughn stuff.

-I also think that it would have been really cool if she'd actually shot Jack (and wounded him). That would have had an interesting impact on their relationship.

I thought this ep was great. It was scary and a little wierd. I felt like I was watching CSI there for a minute when that guy was laying there with his brain exposed.

I think Vaughn will address what Syd said maybe later. At least he knows now what she is afraid of. OF course, she needs to remember that everyone thought she was dead and Lauren was a planted by the Covenant to marry Vaughn. He only betrayed her to a certian extent not to purposely hurt her.

I loved Dixon telling off Sloane. That was beautiful! Do you think Sloane realizes that everyone working for him hates his guts......haha!

So weird, but good, actually I voted great! Even though this episode was a bit Buffyish, I finally got a daddy moment!!!!!! :D I have been waiting for them to reconnect and yeah Syd was totally tripping out, but still what you saw from Spy dad was real...the hug, the concern for his daughter......he ROCKS!!

And the other part of this episode that gave me lots of satisfaction was Dixon speaking his mind to Sloan at the end!! You go Dixon! :cool:

I voted great! Loved Dixon telling Sloane off and letting Sloane know that he's not fooled by his facade. Loved S/V Hockey/fight scene and Syd revealing to Vaughn what she's really afraid of when it comes to him at least. Loved daughter/father moments and the reveal that Syd really does have deep trust problems when it comes to her father and probably everyone. Loved Wadia.

I think in last scene Vaughn knew that it wasn't the time to talk to Syd about what she said regarding him during their fight scene.

I loved the hockey scene. That was great. Also liked it when Syd beat the stuffing out of Vaughn, but my favorite scene was when Dixon told Sloane off! That was a outstanding scene in my opinion.

MissingSark said:
-There should have been a Jack/Syd scene after all that.  She did try to kill him.  The whole father/daughter relationship aspect of the show is missing and I hate that.  I enjoy that more than Syd/Vaughn stuff.
ME TOo! Remember back when she decided to get to know her father better, and asked him to dinner, and he was a no show. Later in the season then they slowly started get closer anyway. That was the greatest. These days it's all about him killing mom… Who knows if it actually happened…

Last night episode was really good because we got to see a different side of Sydney Bristow, that we never really get to see. Her emotins really showed last night when she was talking about her fear about Vaughn and her. It really showed that she also had demons to deal with, and not just Vaughn. :smiley:

Okay so the frist like 30 mins of the eppy really didnt strike my fancy (thought I loved the hockey scene, it was like good old season 2 again....) but as it went on I liked it a little better. Especially when Syd and Vaughn fought, I thought that was the greatest! But what the heck....she bit him....did they just throw that in for fun or is he gonna be sick now? oh oh oh and I loved the previews for next week..."sisters, sisters..." haha

okay my rant is over now

Obsessed with Jen said:
You guys actually POST while watching the show? 

When I read through most of these comments I thought it was funny too. That a lot of the first posts were people posting during commercial breaks. I have a TV tuner, and watch it on the computer, but wouldn’t think of posting during a commercial break. It ruins the flow of the show, and you can’t really have an opinion until it’s over.

I honestly really enjoyed the episdoe. I watched it at 2 in the morning (had to tape it because of the Duke game) all by myself and it really freaked me out.

I definitely liked the Syd/Vaughn, Syd/Jack, and Weiss/Nadia scenes...and I liked how it was based on Syd's fears.

But there was something that bothered me. Did anyone else think that this episode was inconsistent to Welcome to Liberty Village?

In WTLV we had all these awesome SV shipper moments and at the end it definitely seemed like their relationship was moving forward. Then this one theyr'e taking things slow again...I still loved the shippy moments and the kiss at the end was great (I do agree that he should've tucked her in and kissed her on the head). I know that WTLV was moved up and was supposed to be aired later on in the season, but it seems like they should've compensated for the relationship in the other episodes.

I'm definitely not complaining though, I thought it was a great eppy. Just was curious if anyone else felt the way I did. :smiley:

👋

Hey first time reviewing. There were a few things that was nice to see again last night and questions that I wanted to discuss with you all.

LOVED:
S/V at the hockey rink

J/S sharing a private moment

Dixon finally became a MAN and stood up to Sloane

but questions????

1. Vaughn found more than one vial of the antidote, why did he bring back only one?

2. Should they have tested the antidote before giving it to Syd, what if they would have been wrong?

3. Vaughn got bit and didn't get sick...Marshall said that it takes a few days for the symptoms to develop...hope Vaughn is not gonna be sick.

4. Syd appologized for the things that she said to Vaughn...but she never said anything about almost shooting him....did she know that there was no bullets in the gun?

CJ

This espisode just caught me off guard. It just didn't seem like an alias episode, but then again alias does come up with the weirdest things. I really enjoyed the epsiode after i got over the shock of him bitting her!!!!

Back