Season 4 Rate: Nocturne

What did you think of "Nocturne"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
I put down "good". I'm just going to split the goods and the bads:

Good:
I loved the whole Dixon/Sloane parlay-- finally Dixon is being used for good reasons--not just a backburner character. I think there are a lot of stories that can can arise from Dixon's side.
The Syd/Vaughn fight-- although I wish in the hospital scene Vaughn would have had a bruise somewhere on his face (not being mean to Vaughn, but realistically speaking)
The artsy filming-- I really really really was in awe with the "Sloane transposed on Vaughn" hallucination. The darkness, the movements just fit so well in the scene.
The boldness with the suicides-- Cahill and Strerecu-hallucination. Boldness is what made season 1 & 2 amazing.
The fact that this is probably one of the last self-contained episodes. Woohoo, to extended storylines!!!! WTF, is Sloane up to anyhow?

Bad:
The ice rink scene...it seemed so rehashed. I really loved it in S2, but it lost its magic in this episode.
Is it me, or did Jack seem weak in the episode? Spydaddy, don't go all soft and mushy now.

I LOVED this eppie!! LOVED!!
The Dixon smackdown on Sloane was GOD!!
Im wondering what the Sydney look meant at the end... was it just that what she said to Vaughn was true, and he just thought it was the hallucinations or what?? IM CONFUSED!! Not really, but id like to get inside her brain and see what she was thinking at that moment.
I CANT BELIEVE SHE ACTUALLY TRIED TO SHOOT VAUGHN!! I just thought it would end with Jack waking up and stopping her, but she actually pulled the trigger!! That seriously rocks. Even though im the biggest Syd and Vaughn shipper, it still rocks.
LOOOOOVE!!

i thought it was the best ep this season!!!!! :woot:

while i love welcome to liberty village( for obvious reasons) :lol: i thought this epi was fab!!!!!!!!! :D

it was soo cool and different!!!!!!!!!! i thought it was brilliant :D

syd hallucinating and dixion slamming down sloane..awesome :D

i thought the confession from syd to vaughn was very dramatic and i thought it was good that she finally told him how she felt ;)

this eppy scared the hell outta me!! :blink: :eek:
esp during that part before and when she got bit!! ewwww
loved the Jack/Syd interaction in the van when Syd thought Jack wanted to kill her..gosh that was soooo good.
loved the part when Syd beat Vaughn (I'm still a S/V shipper, no doubt!) but I felt that was Syd's way of punishing Vaughn for betraying her. she had to let that out of her system.
all in all, great eppy (y), very dark and different indeed!!

what about weiss's comment

"Look she almost said yes." into the reference of him staying the night with Nadia.

Hilarious

What if some of what jack said wasnt a hallucination, kinda like 1/2 and 1/2 reality/hallucination.

- raptor

i loved this episode.....one of the best i've seen, but then again i'm kinda a alias newbie.....

i whould have to say the syd. and vaughn fight secne was really great and intense.....how many ppl have been wating for it?
i liked the fact the episode was kinda "dark"....

little late to react but I lurved this eppy!!!!!!!!! best so far (of season 4 of course)

I said it was great. :smiley: maybe not quite up there with the TBT and ATY, etc, though.

You gotta be kidding me with the stuff in this season. Everything is so forced. What's wrong with the writers from previous seasons? Sure, they went a little ape-sh#t with a few things last season, but i've been watching the recently purchased season three and it doesn't lack a thing for me! It's even better than i remember it being the first time! I love Buffy and Angel, but i can pick out the wit that fits those particular shows, and is now trying to be filled into these. I'm sure it will get "better" soon, but it can't possibly get any worse right now.
And Jack did appear weak in this episode. Nothing wrong with the acting, but Jack's character has been totally underwritten this season...as has Sloane's and some of the other characters. That's why I question a change in the writers, because they don't have the nack for every character right now the way that they've been written in the past. Tough luck I guess.

I thought it was a great episode! the fact that she seriously tried to shoot Vaughn was cool and it wa awesome what she said about him and Lauren! Guilt Trip!! I thought the episode was really weird and out there but it was still really good....Wadia Is Awesome!!! omg they were sooo funny....

Edit: I also loved that fact that Syd told Nadia about ehr temperature and not Vaughn first. Its like a real best friend relationship now!! I thought that was really cute even though it was aboutn soemthing seirous.

~*Sydney_Bristow*~ said:
poor vaughn! How can HE get beat up?! he probably wasnt fighting back though because he didnt want to hurt syd.  ^_^  :love:
[post="1212972"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think its clear like the sun that he didnt fighting back because he didnt want to hurt her...really guys its very obvious. :doh:

Yay - I really liked this episode! It is the first one this season that I thought was really great! :smiley: I laughed when Syd kept imagining her father and Vaughan saying mean things! I know it was supposed to be serious, but it was amusing to me. I wish they'd leave the shows at cliff hangers like they used to though... I don't find myself getting as excited for the next episodes anymore.

:angry: Is it Alias or X-Files?? I watch Alias for the intelligence, the strategy, and the excitement of the missions. NOT to see bloody vampires and violence.

~*Sydney_Bristow*~ said:
poor vaughn! How can HE get beat up?! he probably wasnt fighting back though because he didnt want to hurt syd.  ^_^  :love:
[post="1212972"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Maybe he just can't fight back at all :whistle:

EnRoute said:
:angry:  Is it Alias or X-Files?? I watch Alias for the intelligence, the strategy, and the excitement of the missions. NOT to see bloody vampires and violence.
[post="1213937"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Amen -_-

I thought the thermometer was a pregnancy test! and it was an immaculate conception...

*sigh*

Oh well... at the end i thought he was gonna say the three small words but... no. sadly.

One word best describes this episode: creepy.

It played sometimes more like an episode of the X-Files for me, which in my opinion is no bad thing. I like the approach. It was well-paced and genuinely had the ability to tingle the spine: the tarantular in the cup; Syd pouring blood on herself; Cahill's demented drawings. It felt different to the Alias that's gone before, but then this whole series so far has. This kind of ep makes you realise stand-alone Alias CAN work.

Things I loved: the ending, with Syd hallucinating Jack & the Vaughn fight; the little Weiss/Nadia moment about him 'staying over'; the wonderful Dixon speech to Sloane, one we've waited for since the end of SD-6 & surprisingly, Sloane's reaction. Was that sadness?; most of all, though, Syd hallucinating Sloane. His words "we both know, at some point, i'll betray you. And the people you care most deeply about...they'll die...". I wonder...

All in all, good ep. (y)

I thought this episode was one of the best Alias episodes EVER. For once, Sydney didn't play the hero, but she was the victim, and boy, did she do a wicked job playing one! There were a few great Syd/Vaughn and Syd/Jack scenes too, and a lot was revealed between Sydney and Vaughn and Sydney and Jack. The acting was amazing, and this episode was darker then anything the writers have ever done, and it was pulled off well. This is by far the best stand alone episode in my opinion, and gets 5 stars from me. It had everything a good episode should have! (y) (y) :woot:

This episode was creepy.Hallucinations,blood..Sydneys deliriums about what she thought jack dsaid to her,and Vaghn,it was heartbreaking.Neither jack or Vaughnin reality newer want to hurt her.jack and Vaugh played good together in this episode.Luckily,ending was happy.Dixon and Sloane,that was bad!wonder what Sloane was thinking?

Back