Season 3 Reaction to 3.17 "The Frame"

What did you think of 3.17 "The Frame"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
OMG!! ok i just watched it with a fellow alias watcher and heres are list of stuff 2 be said

1. bangs-likey for friend -me hatem!
2.get the damn cup of coffee!! (whoever said that was a genius!!)
3. marshall best line ever "an evil genius"
4. me-knew immediately that laurens mom was evil (seemed too innocent!) her-not nice but not sure about covenant
5.my bro was in the room and he was bawling adn he doesnt even like the show that much!!
6. almost cried! (we were screaming at the tv!!)
7. Vaughn was crying-was he not!?!?!?!
8.me-like syds couch!
9.me-almost turned off the tv @the beginning of ep cause it was total felgercarb!
10. the friend- not total felgercarb exactly, but not brilliance either
11. me-thought that vaughn was on drugs @beginning cause he was sososoo thin and pale! (on friends when chandler -the actor- was on drugs he looked the same) now we think that it was a cold or a flu! jenny needs 2 take care of her man better~
12.Us-highlight of ep was the dancing, singing bunny commercial. call us suckers for stupid humor.
13-us cup-o-coffee was perfect~like season2 not too corney not too hokey not too "inspector gaget" like the "robot rambuldi scanning device" last time!!
14. looks bad next 2 weeks-so it will end up being good (hate weird time)
15. VAUGHN LEAVE "THE DEVILISH COW" FOR OUR SANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY BRAIN IS TURNING TO GOO WAITING!
16. the friend- my final oppinion= This was a really good ep once it got on it's wheels,

This episode...was like: "Great its bad enought Lauren can't act, but we gotta deal with an equally bad acting mother?"

Vaughn...real idiot...he's needs a good reality smack.

I love SpyDaddy!

AND ABOVE ALL: No matter how many "evil" people they try to cast on the show...NO ONE can measure up to Irina Derevko.

Jen's new bangs...I dunno...but it was a cute change...but I think she looks better without...makes her look to juvenile...doesn't quite go with the "CIA Look".

LAUREN'S MOM IS EVIL?!?!

Yes, totally surprised me! If I could get past the ending with poor Syd crying...once again....I might be able to discuss this ep. :angry:

That girls heart has been stepped on enough. I want to see some happy Syd in these last eps or else JJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :madfire: :boxing:

Overall, the ep was great. Lots of action. The over the banister scene was good. Nice of Vaughn to offer to destroy the prisms to save Syd, then ask her to coffee, then go back to Lauren...then slap Syd in the face by retracting his coffee invite....thought I was past that....guess not! :mad: 🇳🇴

I think Jack is still on to Lauren...no doubt he'll be watching her very closely and looks like Syd will catch on quickly also (from the promo.) :Ph34r:
2 wks til ep 18....it's gonna' be a long wait...especially with that ending. :help: Lauren's stupid look at the end like she thinks she is going to hold onto a man that is in love with someone else....bleh! (n)

I liked Syd with bangs....thought she looked more down to earth

To sum up the promo....looks like Syd goes on an op and Lauren is also there...both disguised of course but Syd tells Spydaddy that she thinks something is fishy and she thought she saw Lauren. Vaughn is telling someone on the phone that he knows the woman he is married to while watching her go down the escalator....looks like her ship is about to sail.....to hell! :Punkrock:

Well, that was another very good episode. Not as good as last week excitement-wise. Since I'm not a S&V shipper I didn't find the angst story interesting. ;)

I see more people are understanding that Vaughn makes Sydney a weak little girl, rather than the effective agent that we know that she should be. JJ should just kill him off and bring back Will. :D

I like how Jack handled his suspicion of Lauren. The anti-Lauren people were kidding themselves that Jack would confront and then kill her. :P

The Senator's wife being bad? Well, I figured out that she had more to do than just be a housewife. As soon as I saw Lauren hesitate shooting her father, I figured out that Mrs. Reed was an enemy agent. Geez, JJ! Irina marrying Jack, Lauren marrying Vaughn, and now Mrs. Reed and the Senator! If you confirm my suspicion that Carrie is the mole, then everyone in the CIA who is married has an enemy spy for a spouse! JJ has issues about marriage! :P

I figured out that the map was for underwater when Marshall said that they couldn't find anywhere on Earth that matched it.

I predicted using the oxygen tank as a propulsive device when they said that they couldn't use it for breathing.

I sort of feel sorry for poor Sloane - perhaps the feeling will pass! I know that Sloane will get cleared in time to prevent his execution. But it is nice to dream! :lol:

I thought this episode was pretty good. I liked the first scene with Weiss and Vaughn just b/c it's always nice to see them not in suits. And the cheetos comment was just hilarious.

Was freakin' shocked when Lauren's mama turned up evil. Maybe her and Syd can join a support group together.."Agents Whos Moms are Not Very Nice" BUT...Lena is a much better actress than that lady was.

I almost cried right along with Syd when she heard Vaughn went back to the cow. Stupid boy. Would a cup of coffee kill ya?!?

Note to Syd: Please don't ever call Weiss Eric again. Freaked me out.

And for those of you who think Jack has just given up on Lauren..have faith. SpyDaddy will send her back to pasture to graze with the rest of the 'convicted of treason' cows.

Ania (from buffy) is right, bunnnies are evil....Lauren is an evil bunny.... :D and no I am not all right...I am thinking wierd things.

aaah!!!! why is vaughn soo stupid?! why cant he see through her very very very fake evil act. just get the freakin' coffee with sydney. i almost cried tears of joy when he told sydney, "lauren and i are seperating." then he takes it all back and makes all of us shippers very very very sad and mad. i hope jack doesnt stop his investigation. spydaddy is the greatest. hopefully he finds out about her very soon... say the next episode? haha, so then maybe vaughn will too. one final thing... what's up with her having bangs? i mean it's cute and all, but it just doesn't suit her. oh well. i agree with mystery_chick... this show drives me up the wall too. grr...
wallbash.gif

agentjbristow47 said:
does anybody know the exact quote syd said to sloane about her smiling at his execution?
I loeved that quote...I think it went along the lines of syd saying that if he betrayed him that the letter of disertation would be eliminated and that he would be killed but lethal injections and that she would be one of the witnesses and that she would be smilling there.

<QUOTE><QUOTE>
saw the ALIAS thing and was really suprised </QUOTE>

I know! I was lying on my couch, and the next thing I knew, it was over. I was like, "Dude, it's over already?" and i looked at my clock and it was 10. And what's up with the stupid writers, they said there were gonna be no more weeks w/out Alias. LIARS. </QUOTE>

Totally sympathize with you, Sarah Vartan. All the way.

Oh and yeah, that part where Vaughn went back to the cow? TERRIBLE. And that little devilish grin-into-the-pillow? THAT SCARED ME! Oh well, she will be gone next ep! GONEEEE!

hotpot said:
Heh - I just need to say that I totally meant to post that last post in Anti-Lauren! I was in Anti-Lauren going "Where the hell is that post???" whoops!
LMAO suzi!! The funny thing is, I saw it and read and thought that I was in the Anti-Lauren thread. Because of the flood-control warnings, I'm reading a book at the same time and not paying much attention, and I forgot what thread I was in. And then I was like, why are all these people talking about the episode instead of Lauren hate? :rotflmao:

Is it just me or did the acting in this ep seem really bad?!
1. The evil mom and Lauren reached new heights of fakeness. When Lauren came rushing in and supposedly had just found out about her dad she wasn't even crying! Uggh...
2. In the plane with Syd and Vaughn the whole "I'm sorry for you and Lauren...." and "When we get back we should get a cup of coffee." I don't know it just seemed really awkward or something. Also in the cave it was really sweet when Vaughn offered to destroy the keys but it just seemed like the line sounded weird or out of place. Oh well. maybe it's just a reaction to extended exposure to a certain bovine. Vaughn, buddy, I love you but how could you be such an sucker?! 🇳🇴

Mountaineer101 said:
Is it just me or did the acting in this ep seem really bad?!
1. The evil mom and Lauren reached new heights of fakeness. When Lauren came rushing in and supposedly had just found out about her dad she wasn't even crying! Uggh...
2. In the plane with Syd and Vaughn the whole "I'm sorry for you and Lauren...." and "When we get back we should get a cup of coffee." I don't know it just seemed really awkward or something. Also in the cave it was really sweet when Vaughn offered to destroy the keys but it just seemed like the line sounded weird or out of place. Oh well. maybe it's just a reaction to extended exposure to a certain bovine. Vaughn, buddy, I love you but how could you be such an sucker?! 🇳🇴
Thank you! Finally someone I agree with. I said the same things in my post on page 9.

Rather enjoyed this ep.

Lauran is an Evil b****, but DAMN! I love her anyway.

Was I suspossed to feel bad for Syd at the end? Because I didn't. At all.

Sark is cool and all, but Bomali (or however you spell it) is so much cooler IMO.

Can't wait for next episode.

*sigh* I think I have to agree with what chels said somewhere back there, at least to a certain extent-this is just not getting better....that just sux. :mellow: I hate to be a drama queen so I'll try and keep this simple but, I started watching alias the year that I moved-that was really hard for me, and then I started watching this and obsessing over every intricate and purposeful clue and detail, I loved following the story, I loved and still love the actors (not including the cow), and that led me to all of you and I had something to relate to ppl with. I still love coming here, but this just sux man.

I think I still have to believe that if they would just get the cow off, things could go back to normal though.....maybe. cuz I mean if you think about it, she's affected everything from scripting to plots to screen time for the real characters, in some way.

poo. that eppy made me feel like felgercarb. I'm gonna head to bed...

Back