Season 3 Reaction to 3.17 "The Frame"

What did you think of 3.17 "The Frame"?

• 5 - One of the best Alias episodes ever!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4 - It was great!

• 3 - It was good

• 2 - It was OK

• 1 - It was bad

• Total voters
I thought it was only an ok epi. Really, the acting was not very good. And when did Vaughn's Mr. Winky and the boys get chopped off, b/c he's being very wishy-washy. :lol:

I can see helping your wife- WHO YOU DECIDED TO SEPERATE FROM- through a tough time. It does not mean he has to go and sleep in the same bed with her, after he JUST told her he wasn't happy and it wasn't working. I mean come on. Not to mention calling Syd and saying they can't go out for coffee. HELLO- make up your mind already. It's not even like I need to see S/V back together tomorrow, just make up your mind already Vaughn! And for the writers--- The love triangle is getting annoying!

alias47 said:
And for the writers--- The love triangle is getting annoying!
THANK YOU. That episode did absolutely nothing to advance the love triangle plot, except prove even more what a wuss vaughn is. it's cool that we got to see a different side of lauren, when she was trying to kill her father but couldn't. But i don't like her mom at all, she just bothers me. Was happy that there were lots of Spy daddy scenes! And I loved sydney's hair. I feel so sorry for that girl! how sad was that shot of her sitting alone on the couch curled up on one side? :( Someone needs to give that girl a hug!

sycofancy said:
Could this be? Two good episodes in a row??
LOL! Yeah, this episode was great! Lauren's mom totally surprised me. Damn it Vaughn, how the hell did you fall for Lauren's trick?! Grrr! Oh, and am I actually feeling bad for Sloane? Someone help him!

Can you imagine what it would be like if Syd and Vaughn DID get together? Vaughn still believes he would have to work w/ Lauren (in his eyes, she is still only NSC) and Jack would probably have a few things to say about that, but then again, that could be humorous.

I am still wondering how Vaughn is so important to the "passenger" as Sark says. I wonder why it was so important to keep tabs on him. I hope it is a huge, shocking reveal! (And I don't give in and get spoiled!)

This was an good episode. Although I believe the next episode will be wat better. Wow was I ever shocked to learn Lauren's mom is covenant as well. And as for Vaughn I could understand his concern for his wife but you did have to stay with her out of convence. I mean he wa way tp predictable and I can't believe Sark and Lauren's plan worked. OOh and I thought the scene where the go over the balcony was cool. But JJ we need more action!!!

Do you think that maybe there is a prophecy saying that Vaughn and Syd are meant to be together and thats what his relationship to the passenger is? Because the covenant is going to the odds to keep them apart?

Okay, first of all I loved the episode. Hated Lauren, that STUPID COW!!

Vaughn is rubbing on my last nerve here. I mean he goes and asks Sydney for coffee and she says yes, and then he goes and goes back to Lauren, AKA daughter cow.

Stupidity 101 for the CIA when it came to Senator Reed's death. After all why would he ask for people to be investagated when he was the 'mole.' And why would he kill himself? Doesn't seem like the Covenant would take someone so weak.

Didn't like Syd with bangs.

Sydney really needs a friend right now. Come on Weiss lend a shoulder to cry on. Or if all else fails, bring on the shots!

Lauren's mom was a big shock to me. I was like wtf!!

That's all for now. I'll be back!

It was a pretty good episode.

Jack is 190 lbs.

Poor Sloan. He IS smart.

Nice to see Peggy Lipton because she was on Twin Peaks which is one of the greatest show ever.

Nice bangs Syd.

I havent gotten through all the pages yet but it seems like the ones who dont like the episode (or the whole season) are being too critical. No TV show is perfect, and every episode isnt going to be the best one in the history of television. I just got into Alias, and I bought season 2 without seeing any of season 1 and only a few episodes of the current season. I have to say that I dont really think this season is going all that bad, besides the fact that I would like to see Syd&Vaughn back together. Some of you have said that this season sucks, but I disagree. After just finishing all of season 2, I am still hooked on Alias and as long as it stays on the air I dont think that is going to change anytime soon. And for the ones that say the whole triangle thing is getting annoying, I somewhat agree but I also disagree. I know some of you dont really tune into the show for the relationships but I think a lot of people do (not just for that but its a nice extra). I think having couples on the show keeps a lot of people interested, and I think its a vital part to it. I am getting a little annoyed with the triangle mostly just because I want S&V together. I think as soon as Vaughn finds out Lauren's evil and she becomes fully evil (or w/e you wanna call it, and its not a spoiler, just a hope I guess) I think the show is gonna get better for the people that arent really liking it right now.

I think thats all I have to say about that, sorry if I offended anyone, I'm not trying to be mean I'm just trying to say that you shouldnt expect perfection on tv and just give the show some time to get back up to what you liked so much about the previous seasons.

Overall I really liked the episode. I was getting kinda confused b/c I was watching my s2 dvd during commercials and I was mixing up what was happening on tv and what episode I was on on my dvd. I felt so bad for Sydney when Vaughn said they wouldnt be getting that cup of coffee, and that biotch Lauren has Vaughn so brainwashed its making me mad (but not as much as its making some of you other people, hehe). I dont think I can make it 2 weeks without a new Alias so I guess I'll have to watch my dvds again. This show rocks!

I thought that it was great! However, I think that every episode rocks! ;) I do not know how much more I can take of Lauren...evil, evil witch! I do feel sorry for Sydney, but I am not mad at Vaughn...a little disappointed but not mad. They both have been through a lot, and I cannot wait for some redemption! :D

^_^ It crushed me to see Syd in pain at the end... I want her to have happiness, someone new and some new friends. Stop torturing Syd and give her a life, something to look forward to. It also crushed me to see her w/ bangs. :thinking:

I don't understand what Syd and Vaugh got (and then was stolen) in the underwater cave. I hope they wrap up this Rambaldi story, it's gone on too long.

I think the writers had to quickly "re-do" season 3 because Irina didn't come back and I think so much has been lost from season 2 which was incredible. When are we going to revisit the "Lost 2 years"? (n) :boxing:
Syd will get them! She always does, she's my hero and nobody messes w/ Syd - not even the weenie Vaughn

Weenie :lol: ! that's a good way to discribe him alright!! :lol: :lol: :D

Yes, you are right, she is every body's hero! I would really hate to see some <!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->stupid "sister<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree--> come along and fight like her and; good GOD no, beat her up!!!!! that would make me mad as HECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: :cuss: :madfire: :mad:! I want Syd to be UNIQUE!!!!!! I was upset that the fake Francie was beating Syd in that finale 2 years ago! Why can't they leave Syd with her uniqueness! They have taken EVERY thing from her already!!! i.e. Danny, Francie, Will, 2 years of her live, Vaughn, her DANG ovaries for crying out loud! Come on now, leave the woman with some thing, sheesh!!!

They are making Lauren her conterpart but since <!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe--> Melissa will be a recurring character instead of original<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree--> that will be up to <!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->little sis<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree--> now isn't it?

I hope Syd gets to Kick some serious butt, if not I am walking!!!!!!!! My mum left at the middle of the second season and SHE was a avid watcher! I don't want Jack or Syd's character to change--Vaughn's did and in some way Dixon was too! The rest I don't know too much about, WHY? Because they keep bringing on people with out any bleeding explanation!!!!!!

Sorry, I kinna went off topic a bit. :blush:

Used the spoiler tag for things I wasn't sure about; rather err on the side of caution, you know?

The episode was ok...i was really mad at Vaughn. I loved Syd's bangs!

I totally agree... and Syd looked great in bangs!! I could understand Vaughn though, but not completely, you can support someone without getting back together!! But since:

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->We won´t have to see them together after next episode, (atleast I hope not since he finds out about her being eviiiiiillll!<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

I thought Syd was acting a little strange, she didn´t seem to show much feelings at all, until the end of the episode. ´But then it made sense, that she shows up a facade of being okey, even though she isn´t..

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->I can´t wait to see next episode, when Vaughn finds out about Lauren..<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

In the beginning I really hated Lauren, but even though I´m a real Syd and Vaughn fan, I´m warming up to Lauren, since she´s started to show that she does have a conscience. (But I wouldn´t want her with Vaughn though..)

I'm kind of new to this, but I liked this episode OK. I think Vaughn is getting torn apart more and more. He has always done what he thinks is right, even if it goes against his feelings. Isn't that part of Lauren's job, to tear a man apart from the inside? Sark says that to her in one of the episodes. I also think there is no way Jack just went with that story about suicide! He suspects Lauren and her mom. t
Does anyone else think that they try too hard to make it look like JG and MV don't have chemistry? It is way too forced. ACT NORMAL!!
Lauren's face at the end was creepy!

BurningStar said:
I don't understand what Syd and Vaugh got (and then was stolen) in the underwater cave. I hope they wrap up this Rambaldi story, it's gone on too long.
They were "keys" that fit perfectly into each side of that box with Irina's name on it. The box, that if open, can be a threat to Sydney.

IMO- they haven't been focusing enough on Rambaldi! The season's been too focused on the love triangle and Lauren. <_< They need to get back on track... I mean, this is Alias... not some damn soap opera.

I totally agree! If they can focus on what they need to do to keep the prophecy from coming true, that would be more interesting than circling a love triangle that seems to have lost its steam. Not that I want steam all of the time ;)

Back