RENT! - OMG!! I Just Saw It!

OMG! I just got back from seeing RENT! It is the best broadway show I have ever seen adn I ahve seen 10. It was awesome!!! AHH I can't get over how amazing it was! Have any of you seen it? Tell me your opinions!

i saw it last year and it sucked. i saw it with manly pope as roger and he cant sing or act to save his life. i was SO disappointed...the original soundtrack is still the best.

oh wow, Gab, sorry to hear you didn't like it -_-

i've seen it three times now and i think i love it more each time i see it! i absolutely love the soundtrack ^_^

i actually liked the cast they had when they came to madison rather than the original cast.
i thought the voices were much more suited... but it's still an amazing musical

All i have to say is this: telephone answering machine...soooooo annoying in my opinion.

Original Cast: Idina Menzel = Amazing!

I wish I wasnt underage when she was playing Maureen! But I sadly was too young to be allowed to see that musical when it opened! :(

quick side note: MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Come on mooo with me! MOOOOOOOO! :gotmilk:

:lol:!

allaliasallthetime said:
What is it about??I've heard some good things about it.
[post="962900"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

It is about a group of people who never had to pay rent and now all of the sudden they do. They live in NYC and most of them are pretty poor. There is an actress, a filmaker, a songwriter, a stripper, a landlord, a transvestite(sp?), and more! It deals with a lot of mature-adienced topics like aids, drugs, homosexuality, and suicide. There are also a lot of sexual comments in it that are one of the many things that make it hilarious! It is an aweosme show! The best one I have seen so far and I have seen 12.

This was one of the first cds I put onto my ipod. The music and characters are fantastic. You are so lucky you got to see it because I have wanted to forever!

At last! Finally some people who have seen and heard of this FANTASTIC show!!!

I love it!

Christmas Bells are ringing... :D

FYI...they are filming Rent the movie with OBC (well...actually there's a new mimi and joanne if I am not mistaken) right now. They were in NYC last week (a friend of a friend got pictures with Idina, Adam, and Chris Columbus)...mainly filming in San Francisco though...they were like filming in the actual places mentioned in the musical...avenue b!!!! :smiley:

I'm making it my business to see it once Drew Lachey is gone...which I believe is really soon...if he isn't gone already...I remember it was sometime mid-march-ish.

Take me for what I am!

AHHHHH...Idina is fabuloso!

i know i havent seen the musical but i have the extended edition sound track and im absolutely in love with the musical i was so excited when i saw it i was in the movie and talking to my friend then i heard seasons of love started playing ((my favorite song)) and i started freaking out i was so excited!!!!

so whats ur guy's favorite songs???

for those people out there who said that they liked it but the soundtrack was better...or those who said they saw it but it wasnt very good....go see the movie anyways!!! it has the original cast but two (mimi and joanne) but its amazing....and the two newbies are also equally as good!!!

Back