Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Sci-Fi Riddick

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Tim, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Tim

Tim Creative Writer

Two stills have appeared. :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and so the end of the trilogy appears.

2. astonwest

astonwest Writing Fool Writer

Can't wait! :)

3. Jetshroom

Jetshroom Rocket Ranger

They're trying to return to the style of Pitch Black which I think is good. I didn't really like Chronicles of Riddick at all. That said, I also heard he lands on a planet and has to walk through the dark fighting monsters to get to <destination> so that makes it kind of identical to the first one.

I think there's more that Riddick can do.

4. Azhria Lilu

Azhria Lilu Rocket Ranger

I'm soooo looking forward to this - especially as I've heard Dave Bautista is also in it (forgive me the moment of lust :D).... It's going to be eye-candy central with Dave, Vin and Karl.

5. Mirelly

Mirelly Mouthy Cow

How good to see this franchise still has some legs. Mister Diesel can do no wrong in my eyes -- even managing to prove that an action hero can do comedy without looking like an idiot (The Pacifier cf Kindergarten Cop & Stop or My Mom Will Shoot :p ).

6. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

Vin Diesel has posted a teaser trailer to his Facebook account and the Pitch Black comparison really becomes apparent. Going back to the more simplistic action of Pitch Black could turn out to be a good thing to act as a quasi-reboot of the franchise and let the story line veer away from Chronicles of Riddick (which could be argued was just a retelling of Schwarzenegger's Conan The Barbarian).

Hey, it worked for Star Wars & Return of The Jedi! Since 'destroy the Death Star' was the premise of movies #4 & #6, anybody want to take bets on what happens in movie #8 in 2017? :D

Oh, for those interested ;), here's the teaser trailer....

7. Jetshroom

Jetshroom Rocket Ranger

That's different, it'll be Boba Fett's Death Star, not Darth Sidious'. Completely changes the context.

Plot Synopsis:
    Outraged at his maltreatment by Han Solo and Luke Skywalker, the now immortal Boba Fett has learned to use the dark side of the force and used it to divine the plans to the death star. He has built it in secret within the Sarlacc Pit on Tatooine and has embarked on a mission of revenge against the enfeebled Han and Luke. Meanwhile, the children of Han and Leia and Luke and (wife?), now with kids of their own, have embarked on a galactic road trip. Taking them to all the significant locations from their parents' past. Hijinks ensue.

On topic, I actually like how this new Riddick movie looks. Wasn't a fan of Chronicles.

8. Birdman

Birdman Birdman

I liked both the previous installments a great deal. With all the felgercarb coming out of Hollywierd the last few years (decades) it's easy for me to have low standards I guess, lol.

9. Silas

Silas Cadet

I saw it a few days ago and really enjoyed it. I almost liked it as much as the first one. It's Vin Diesel and Katee Sackhoff!

10. Birdman

Birdman Birdman

Yep, I thought it was pretty good too.

11. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Cadet

I enjoyed the movie it was a good night out. But have to say i loved the 2nd one the scale and the design were epic. hope to see more of the Necromunda

12. Birdman

Birdman Birdman

I'm betting we will see Riddick go after Vakko in the next installment. I hope he finds his home planet too, the ycould do some cool stuff with this story line.

13. Cimmerian

Cimmerian Cadet

Yes that would be great! Furia has had a big build up, so better be more than just a bunch of ruins when he does find it.

14. astonwest

astonwest Writing Fool Writer

I keep wanting to see these movies, and never end up getting the chance to do so...hopefully I get there before it's out of the first-run theaters.

15. Azhria Lilu

Azhria Lilu Rocket Ranger

[MOVIE]Riddick (tt1411250)[/movie]

16. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

... and a quasi-reboot it was. It was handled gracefully though as to how Riddick goes from being the new ruler of the Necromongers to being back on a planet running from bounty hunters. Unlike some other franchise that just forget earlier movies even existed, Riddick ties together elements from both Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick.

With Vin Diesel now controlling the franchise I would be interested in seeing a 4th movie as it would be more of sequel in the lines of Pitch Black versus the big budget Chronicles.