Running for Freedom

awesome update
loved it
so glad she let him explain
hope it doesnt follow the shows story line!!!
please say hes gonna be ok
thanx for the pm
cant wait for more

Why is it that parents never listen to their children... I hope nothing happens to Vaughn....

I can't wait for the next update.

Happy new year!!

°°NiCkY°°

I wished Syd would have taken Jolie's call a little more seriously...
I'm glad Jolie had such a great birthday...
I thought it was hilarious the way Jolie talked to Syd about talking to Vaughn and giving him the chance to explain, but I was surprised that she said her mother was acting like a bitch...
Thanks for the pms...
Can't wait for more.

I'm going to be seriously upset if this goes the way of season 5. Not that I'd stop reading, I absolutely love Jolie and the universe you've created around her character. But PLEASE don't let Vaughn die or "die." Can't wait for the update!

Sorry it took me so long to finally reply

If I was an author I would publish it. I think you are a wonderful writer. Please keep PMing me when you update because this is COOL.

DON'T KILL VAUGHN. (gets down on knees, bawling, and grabs onto derevkointraining's legs and won't let go, while screaming and hollering please.)

Smiles, sorry, I'm moody today.

Love,
Nadia

Romance Fiction:
Time is Precious

Thanks for the feedback...

I think you're all going to be upset with this chapter but please, TRUST ME...the next update will start to clear some things up for some of the characters and it slowly gets better. Just trust me and go with me here... :smiley:

Thanks for the R&R!!

Recap:
“Vaughn. You wanted answers. Look at the risks I took trying to find answers about my mom. We’ll take it one day at a time. Look – Lehman.”
“Okay. Here I go.” Vaughn started to get out of the car but Sydney grabbed his arm.

Chapter 5:

“You know what… put the thin bulletproof vest on under your shirt…just to be safe. Jolie really seemed upset and I think we should be cautious.”
Vaughn gave Sydney a strange look but complied with her request. “I’ll be right back. I love you, Syd.” Then he walked over to meet Lehman. “Hey. Here it is. Can you decode it?”

“It’ll take a while. When I am done, I will contact you. Do not attempt to contact me.” Vaughn nodded.
Suddenly a third car drove up. Sydney noticed this and jumped out of the car where she was waiting. Lehman tried to run but a man jumped out of the car, shot him and took the book. Another man started shooting at Vaughn while Sydney started to run over, watching in horror.
The man stopped shooting, satisfied with his job, got back into his car with the other men and left. Sydney finally made it to Vaughn who was lying on the ground, panting.

“Honey, are you okay?” she asked tearfully. “When I saw you go down…” She noticed blood on his arm.
“They got me in the arm but I am okay otherwise. I KNEW someone was going to come after me. This isn’t good, and they have the book.”
“Let’s get you to the hospital.” Sydney helped Vaughn up and they made their way back to the car.
During the drive to the hospital, Vaughn was quiet.
“What are you thinking?” Sydney asked, glancing at him as she drove.

“I’m thinking that we need to have a very drastic plan so I can continue my work…”
“And this plan would be…”
“Sydney, you are not going to like this.”
“Just tell me.”

“Okay. We need to make the world believe I am dead. I need to drop off the grid completely, separating myself from everyone I love until I can finish this work.”
“WHAT?”
“Seriously, Syd. We just tell people I got shot…have a funeral, everything. Then I can move about quietly without really being in real danger.”
“Vaughn…”

“I think this is the only way, Syd.”
“So I’m just supposed to raise our two young children while you go off gallivanting to find your answers? And what about Jolie? You think she can keep it a secret that you are alive?”
“No. Which is why she will need to believe I am dead. We can’t tell her. I can’t talk with any of you. I know this sounds horrible, but…”

“This is INSANE.” Sydney screamed as they pulled up to the hospital. “We’re going to have to talk about this…” she said as Vaughn was led away by doctors to treat his arm.
Sydney sighed and sat down on a chair. She knew Vaughn was right but how could she go on without him? But she knew what she had to do. Sydney took out her cell phone and dialed a familiar number.
“Hi…Dad? Look…can you, Mom and Jolie come out to Rome? Something has happened…”

~~~

Jack slammed the phone down and bellowed for Irina. She came running into the living room.
“Jack, what is it?”
“Go to Nadia’s and get Jolie. The three of us have to get to Rome right away. Something happened to Michael. I’ll make arrangements.”
Irina stared at Jack but didn’t question. Within a half hour everyone was on the way to the airport. Jolie was strangely calm and silent.

“Jolie, are you okay, sweetheart?” Irina asked, concerned.
“I warned her. I warned Mommy. I told her something was going to happen to Daddy and he needed to protect himself and she didn’t listen. I warned her.”
Irina looked at Jack and he just shrugged. He had no idea what Jolie was talking about.
Irina put her arms around her. “It’ll be okay…” she said, somewhat unconvincingly.

><><><

Rome – hours and hours later

Sydney was pacing in the waiting room anticipating her parents’ and daughter’s arrival any moment. She and Vaughn had a long talk earlier and finally compromised that his plan was the best way to keep everyone safe now that he had got himself back into this mess. While Vaughn did secret work, Sydney would use APO’s resources to locate the man who shot at him and stole the book. Sydney would use the cover that she wanted revenge for Vaughn’s “death.” The hardest and most heartbreaking points were that communication to each other would be limited, he would miss the pregnancy and possibly the birth of his child and Jolie would also have to believe he was dead.

Finally Jack burst into the waiting area with Irina and Jolie trailing behind. “Mommy…” Jolie cried, running straight into her mother’s arms. “Where is Daddy? Is he alive? Can I see him?”
Sydney looked at her daughter. “Daddy is very hurt, sweetheart. A bad man shot him. He had surgery but the next 24 hours are critical.”
“So he might die?”

“We don’t know, honey. But I think he is awake now. Why don’t you go tell him you love him? Mom, can you take her in? It is room four.”
Irina gave Sydney an odd glance but took Jolie by the hand and led her into the room.
After they were safely out of earshot, Jack pulled Sydney aside. “What is going on?” he hissed. Sydney quickly filled him in on everything. Jack looked floored. “Well, now I know why you wanted me to put the extraction team together. They are standing by for when Vaughn, um, dies?”

Sydney nodded. “Remember, Dad, as few people as possible can know about this.”
“I know. “
“I’m going to go in now.” Jack nodded.
Sydney walked into the room and saw a tearful Jolie holding Vaughn’s hand. Irina was sitting in a chair, watching. When Sydney walked in, she excused herself to find Jack. Sydney walked over to her husband and daughter.
“I’m scared, Mommy.”

“I know…” Sydney put her hand on Jolie’s shoulder. “Mommy is scared too.”
Vaughn fluttered his eyes open. “My two girls…” he croaked.
“DADDY.” Jolie cried. “Daddy…talk to me.”
“Hey, princess…”
“Daddy…you have to get better…” Jolie sniffed tearfully.
“I love you, sweetheart. Be good for your mother. Take care of your baby brother or sister. I will always be with you…” Vaughn shut his eyes again.

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, DADDY…” Jolie cried, trying to climb on the hospital bed.
Sydney held her back. “Shh…he is just going back to sleep. Daddy has a lot of medicine running through him right now. Go find Grandma and Grandpa. Go.” Sydney pushed Jolie out of the room. She ran out in tears.

Vaughn carefully opened his eyes again. “Well, that could have gone better…” he tried to lighten the mood.
“I hate this Vaughn. Seriously. This is THE WORST idea.”
Vaughn gently squeezed Sydney’s hand. “We’ll be okay. This will be over before you know it. Let’s talk about baby names…”

Sydney and Vaughn threw some names around for a while and finally settled on one for a boy and one for a girl. “You know, I hate that you will miss this pregnancy too. I really don’t know if I can do this alone.”
“You can. Just remember you HAVE to find Renee…”
“I know.’ Sydney looked sad. “Okay, we have to start this plan… are you ready? Drink this…” She gave him a cup full of what looked like water and kissed him deeply. She stared into his eyes. “I love you. I’m going to miss you so much.”

Vaughn lifted his hand to stroke Sydney’s cheek. “We’ll be in communication though. I love you too, Syd. And our babies.” He closed his eyes. Tears were rolling down Sydney’s cheeks like rivers.
Two minutes later, Vaughn’s machines started going crazy and doctors started swarming the room. Jack, Irina and Jolie tried to run in but were stopped and a doctor pushed Sydney out of the room. They all stood at the window and watched as Vaughn’s heartbeat slowed and finally stopped.

“DADDY…” Jolie screamed and kept on screaming. She was struggling to free herself from her grandmother’s grasp but Irina held onto her firmly. Sydney had tears running down her own cheeks. She knew that Vaughn would really be alive but to her, living without him was just as bad as him being dead for real. She turned and stared at Jack, who gave her a look back.
Finally Jolie stopped screaming and sobbed violently. Sydney took her from her mother and stood there rubbing Jolie’s back, not really knowing what to say. The next few months would be interesting, to say the least.

“Sydney…We’ll meet you at the car.” Jack said and led Irina out of the area. Sydney stood there with her daughter for a few minutes and sighed. Then she went to find the doctor to fill out any paperwork she had to take care of.
Irina turned to Jack in the elevator. “He’s not really dead, is he?”
“I don’t know what you are talking about, Irina.”
“Don’t LIE to me Jack. I can’t believe you are putting that sweet little girl through this. There better be a DAMN good reason.”

Jack looked at Irina. “You’re right. I’ll tell you later. But you can NOT tell Sydney I told you or that you know.”
Irina nodded. She understood all too well what kind of situation this was. Sydney was, after all, the same age as Jolie when Irina had faked her own death. Hopefully, Vaughn wouldn’t have to stay away from her family as long as she had.

><><><

Five Days Later

It was the morning of Vaughn’s funeral and Sydney was standing in her bathroom talking to herself. She was stressed and upset, not knowing if she could handle this. She had barely slept in the past few days, feeling lost without Vaughn’s embrace at night. Jolie hadn’t spoken to anyone since Vaughn died in front of her and barely ate. She was acting like a walking zombie and there was nothing Sydney could do to make it better. She sighed and finished getting herself ready for the funeral. Then she walked down the hall to her daughter’s room.

She looked in and saw Jolie sitting on the bed in her little black dress, hair neatly brushed, with her kitten next to her. She was holding the LA Kings jersey her father had given her two years ago in her hands and staring at it.
Jolie, sensing her mother’s presence, looked up. “We have to get one of these for the baby…”she finally spoke for the first time in days. “Daddy would have wanted that.”
Sydney teared up and walked into Jolie’s room. She got up and rushed over to her mom, throwing her arms around her.

“We will, Jolie. We will. Now come on, we have to go.” Jolie walked back to her bed and kissed her little kitten before turning to face her mother again.
Wearing matching faces, mother and daughter stared at each other. Finally Sydney went and picked her up and the two headed out to the car.

~~~

The “Funeral”

Sydney sat in the front of the church where a pastor was saying words she didn’t even hear. A million thoughts were swarming through her head as she looked at the small child next to her who had a steady stream of tears falling out of her eyes. Irina was grasping Jack’s hand and also looking at Jolie. Then she raised her glance and met Sydney’s eyes. In that moment, Sydney knew that her mother knew the truth, and knew her mother would help Jolie through all of this as well. Sydney gave her mother a half smile. Irina returned the smile and turned to face forward again.

Sydney put an arm around her daughter and pulled her close. Her heart was breaking into a million pieces knowing how upset her daughter was. Vaughn had been her world and treated her like she was his little princess.
The pastor finished and began to walk toward the door, followed by Dixon, Marshall, Weiss, Jack, Tom Meyers (Sarah’s father), and another agent who were carrying the coffin.

Sydney, Nadia, Irina, and Jolie, three generations of Derevko women, stood up and walked hand in hand behind them. They watched the coffin be placed in a van and started walking toward the burial plot, followed by the rest of the funeral guests.
Twenty-five minutes later the coffin had been lowered into the ground and buried, and the guests started to filter away after paying their respects to Sydney.

Jolie was standing off to the side alone, staring off into the distance. Kim and Tom Meyers walked up to Sydney, holding Sarah, who was Jolie’s best friend.
“Sydney…words can not express anything right now,” Kim said as she put a hand on Sydney’s arm. “You and Michael were such good friends to us. Please, let me know if I can help in any way at all, and Jolie is welcome at our house any time and she is more than welcome to stay over whenever.”
“Thank you Kim. Hey, Sarah…why don’t you go give Jolie a hug?” Sydney said to the small girl who was looking sad herself in her father’s arms. Tom put Sarah down and she slowly walked over to Jolie as Sydney continued to converse with her parents.

Sarah stopped right next to Jolie but didn’t say a word. She simply took her best friend’s hand in her own and stood with her. She noticed Jolie wasn’t even crying anymore…just standing there like a statue. It scared her a little but she couldn’t even imagine what her friend was going through.
Finally Jolie turned to look at Sarah. “Thank you.”
Sarah nodded and the two little girls hugged. Sarah then noticed her mother motioning for her to come over because they were leaving.

Sarah stepped back. “I have to go. But I love you, Jolie. You are my best friend here.”
Jolie nodded. “You’re my best friend too.” She managed to smile for a split second for her friend’s benefit and then turned back to stare into the distance. Sarah took that as her cue to leave and sadly walked back to her parents.

Finally everyone had left except the immediate family. Jack and Sydney gave each other a glance before both looking at Jolie, who had continued to stand by herself and stare off into the distance. Weiss walked over to her and knelt down.

“What have you been thinking about kid?” She didn’t answer her uncle. Weiss looked back at everyone and shrugged. So he stood and picked up the little girl. “Come on, we have to go. But I will take you back here whenever you feel like you need to come visit your dad, okay? And I know I’m not your dad, but I’m always here for you and I will take you to hockey games and play hockey with you and be the best uncle I can.”

Still getting no answer, he started walking back toward the family and they all made their way back to their cars. He placed Jolie in Sydney’s car and shut the door. Sydney came up behind Weiss and put a hand on his shoulder. “Thank you for trying.”
“I feel so bad, Syd. She is so broken right now. She won’t even speak.”
“I know. It’s hard for all of us.”

“Well, we are all here for you guys.”
“I know, Eric. You are the best brother-in-law I could have asked for.” Sydney hugged Eric and turned to Nadia who had walked up to them and hugged her as well.
Irina came over and also hugged Sydney and then poked her head into the car and spoke a few words to Jolie in Russian, who still didn’t respond. Jack then came over and briefly hugged Sydney.
“We’ll get through this…” he whispered into her ear. Sydney nodded and everyone drove off to their houses.

~~~

As soon as they pulled up to their house, Jolie jumped out of the car and ran into the house and up to her room. She changed into a pair of sweatpants and the Kings jersey and threw herself onto her bed, sobbing.
Sydney heard her sobs and went upstairs. She let herself into her daughter’s room and sat down on the bed and began rubbing small circles on Jolie’s back. She sat there until the cries subsided and smoothed her hair back. “Sweetheart, I’d like it if you came downstairs and ate something with me. Anything you want…”

Sniffling, Jolie got off the bed and shuffled down to the kitchen. She plopped down in a chair at the table and made no effort to say what she wanted. So Sydney made her a peanut butter and marshmallow fluff sandwich and chocolate milk and placed it in front of her daughter while she made some toast for herself.

Mother and daughter ate in silence. When Jolie finished her food and milk, she silently left the table.
At least she ate,” Sydney thought. Leaving Jolie be for the rest of the day, Sydney sat down and began to plan out how to go about finding Renee Rienne. Around nine, Sydney was physically and emotionally exhausted so she went upstairs and changed into her pajamas. Then she went to check on Jolie, who was lying on her bed reading a book. She went and kissed her daughter on the head.
“Why don’t you call it a day and go to sleep?”

Jolie closed her book and looked at her mother. “Mommy, can I sleep with you tonight?”
Sydney nodded and took Jolie by the hand into her room. Jolie climbed into the big bed and snuggled down under the comforter. Sydney also slipped into bed and put one arm around her daughter and held a book in her other hand, reading for a while before shutting the light off and closing her eyes on a truly awful day.

><><><

Around eight in the morning Jolie woke up in her mother’s arms. She saw that Sydney was still fast asleep so she scooted down a bit and put her head next to her mother’s stomach.

“Hey little one…I’m your big sister,” she whispered, addressing the baby for the very first time. “We had something bad happen in our family the other day. Our Daddy left us, but not on purpose.” She kept whispering to the baby. Sydney, hearing whispers, opened her eyes but didn’t move once she realized what Jolie was doing. Instead, she pretended to be asleep just to listen to what her daughter would say.

“I really really wanted to hate you but I can’t now. We have to stick together as a family. Me, you, and Mommy. I’ll protect you. I wanted you to be a boy but now I hope you are a girl. I’ll tell you all about Daddy and teach you everything he would have taught you, like hockey. So you better like it. And remember I’ll always be here for you. You are our last gift from Daddy so don’t be a brat for Mom, okay? I think I’ve been a big enough brat in the past month for both of us. But now Mommy needs us.” Jolie finally stopped whispering and slipped out of bed and left her mom to sleep a little longer.

She didn’t see her mom crying silent tears as she left the room.

TBC...

** I promise it gets better.. I swear!! Don't stop reading!!

YOU"RE SO MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSO sad and Jolie was so miserable. It's hard not to hate you for making Jolie so pitiful and seriously that made me cry. I'm ashamed of myself, I almost never cry, and I want to yell at you for hurting her so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You made my jaw drop :jawdrop: at how well written it is and wonderfuly written, I cannot wait for the next update and thanks for the pm.

But, keep reading and I'll keep waiting for the happy ending that WILL happen.

Love
Bawling Nadia :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Romance Fiction:
Time is Precious

YOU"RE SO MEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was SOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSOSO sad and Jolie was so miserable. It's hard not to hate you for making Jolie so pitiful and seriously that made me cry. I'm ashamed of myself, I almost never cry, and I want to yell at you for hurting her so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You made my jaw drop :jawdrop: at how well written it is and wonderfuly written, I cannot wait for the next update and thanks for the pm.

But, keep reading and I'll keep waiting for the happy ending that WILL happen.

Love
Bawling Nadia :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Romance Fiction:
Time is Precious

sorry bout the double post

Nadia

omg that was so sad!!!!
im crying right now!!!!
the saddest part is little jolie
:(
so cute when she started talkin to syd stomach to
so adorable
awesome update
sooo good
thanx for the pm
cant wait for more so that u can fix this!!!

she scooted down a bit and put her head next to her mother’s stomach.

“Hey little one…I’m your big sister,” she whispered, addressing the baby for the very first time. “We had something bad happen in our family the other day. Our Daddy left us, but not on purpose.” She kept whispering to the baby. Sydney, hearing whispers, opened her eyes but didn’t move once she realized what Jolie was doing. Instead, she pretended to be asleep just to listen to what her daughter would say.

“I really really wanted to hate you but I can’t now. We have to stick together as a family. Me, you, and Mommy. I’ll protect you. I wanted you to be a boy but now I hope you are a girl. I’ll tell you all about Daddy and teach you everything he would have taught you, like hockey. So you better like it. And remember I’ll always be here for you. You are our last gift from Daddy so don’t be a brat for Mom, okay? I think I’ve been a big enough brat in the past month for both of us. But now Mommy needs us.” Jolie finally stopped whispering
Hearing Jolie say that was :love:, but made me :cry: :cry:

Jolie at Vaughn's funeral :depressed:
I think they should have told Jolie
If anyone could grasp the importance of keeping
the fact that Vaughn is alive a secret it would be Jolie...
I can't imagine how she is feeling especially since she
has only had Vaughn for two years...
Can't wait for more.
Thanks for the pm...

Oh yeah, how many chapters are in this story?

I think they should have told Jolie
If anyone could grasp the importance of keeping
the fact that Vaughn is alive a secret it would be Jolie...
I can't imagine how she is feeling especially since she
has only had Vaughn for two years...

They felt they were protecting Jolie b/c if she got kidnapped and tortured, a child might not be able to withstand keeping info a secret. Extreme thought, I know, but that was my reasoning.
But just you wait until tonight's update...and Thursday night's update... mwa ha ha ha aha ha ha :devil: Jolie becomes like, super girl LOL.. and finds out many, many things that the little girl was not supposed to know. She's gonna be okay, I PROMISE!

Oh yeah, how many chapters are in this story?

There are 18 chapters and an epilogue

But just you wait until tonight's update...and Thursday night's update... mwa ha ha ha aha ha ha Jolie becomes like, super girl LOL.. and finds out many, many things that the little girl was not supposed to know. She's gonna be okay, I PROMISE!
Can't wait...
I'm gonna have to reread this cause I just reread One day and have Lilybelle on the brain...gotta get back to Jolie :D

OK guys... here's the next part

Recap:

“I really really wanted to hate you but I can’t now. We have to stick together as a family. Me, you, and Mommy. I’ll protect you. I wanted you to be a boy but now I hope you are a girl. I’ll tell you all about Daddy and teach you everything he would have taught you, like hockey. So you better like it. And remember I’ll always be here for you. You are our last gift from Daddy so don’t be a brat for Mom, okay? I think I’ve been a big enough brat in the past month for both of us. But now Mommy needs us.” Jolie finally stopped whispering and slipped out of bed and left her mom to sleep a little longer. She didn’t see her mom crying silent tears as she left the room.

Chapter 6:

As soon as Jolie left, Sydney sat up and looked at a new picture of Vaughn that she had placed by the bed. She picked it up and held it gently, staring at her true love. “Oh, Vaughn…I wish you could have seen how mature and sweet our little girl just was. I think the next few months will be okay…even without you. God, I miss you…” Sydney slid out of bed and went into the bathroom to wash the tears off her face before she went to say good morning to her little princess.

After finishing in the bathroom, she walked down the hall and stopped in the door of her daughter’s room to watch her. She was on the floor playing Solitaire with cards. “Hey, pumpkin.”
Jolie looked up and actually smiled for the first time since her birthday. “Mommy!” She jumped off the floor and ran over to her mom who picked her up easily.
“You are in a better mood…” Sydney said quietly.

“Well, I realized Daddy wouldn’t want me to just sit around and cry all day. And this new baby needs positive energy and I now know I have to be that good role model.”
“I’m so proud of you.” Sydney said, kissing her daughter’s cheek. “But you are allowed to be sad and miss your Daddy. It wouldn’t be normal if you tried to close it out of your mind.”

“I know. I’m not. I’m just saying he wouldn’t want me to sit around and cry and not speak to anyone.”
“You’re probably right about that. Mmm, I love you so much. You know that, right? And I know you will be the best big sister.”
Jolie beamed at her mom. “I love you too. Are you going to work today?”
“Nope. I have today off.”

“Good. Am I studying with Grandma today?”
“Not today. You have today off, too.”
“Cool. Then can we do something today? Just us?”
“That would be nice. What did you have in mind?”
“Anything. I just want to be with you.”
Sydney smiled widely and pulled Jolie closer to her. She knew they’d make it until Vaughn came back.

><><><

The next few months passed by. Sydney took on more hours at APO so she could locate Renee faster. She was also busy training some new agents that Jack hired, Rachel Gibson and Tom Grace. They were her junior agents, fresh out of school and eager to learn. Tom was catching on quickly while Rachel needed a bit more encouragement, but Sydney saw promise in her.

Jolie continued her home schooling with Irina. There were occasional days of sadness but everyone was slowly pulling together and moving forward. The hardest day by far was a mere six weeks after the funeral at the end of November on the day of Vaughn’s birthday.
It was a Sunday, so Sydney and Jolie just spent the day hanging around the house, not really speaking about Vaughn, yet acknowledging the day anyway.

They had been sitting on the couch watching a movie but Sydney got up and went to her room for some reason. Suddenly, the house phone rang. Jolie noticed her mother didn’t pick it up after two rings so she answered.
“Hello?” Silence. “Helloooo?” Silence. “UGH.” She hung up the phone and sat back down on the couch.
Then her mother’s cell phone, which had been left on the couch, went off.

“MOM? Your cell phone is ringing!” No answer. “MOMMY?” Finally, Jolie just decided to answer it, figuring it was her grandfather or aunt.
“Sydney Vaughn’s phone. Who is speaking please?” Jolie asked sweetly. She was greeted with silence. “Hello?” More silence. “Okay, listen, asshole. Stop stalking my mom!” She thought she heard a gasp on the other end but the line quickly cut off.

Jolie threw the phone on the couch in frustration and stormed upstairs. She banged on her mom’s door. “MOMMY.”
Sydney flung the door open quickly. “What’s wrong?” she asked, flustered.
“Okay. I answered our main phone and no one said anything and then your cell phone went off and I called for you but you didn’t answer me so I answered it and it was more silence. I think someone is stalking you.”

Sydney was floored. She had a feeling she knew who had called both times but obviously couldn’t tell her daughter. “I’m sure it was just a weird coincidence, honey. I wouldn’t worry about it too much.”
“Whatever. If we get any more calls I’m moving to Grandpa’s. I don’t want a stalker near me.”
Sydney just shook her head. “Come on, let’s go finish the movie.” She led her daughter downstairs.

~~~

Somewhere

Vaughn realized it was his birthday and he missed his family a lot. So he took a chance and called his house, figuring Sydney would answer. However, his precious daughter picked up and although he longed to talk to her, it would traumatize her. So he stayed silent and just listed to her little voice until she hung up.

Once she did, he called Sydney’s cell phone, again figuring she would be the one to answer that phone. However, he was surprised when Jolie answered that as well. Then he got the shock of his life when his little girl called him an asshole. He opened his mouth to yell at her but bit his tongue just in time and hung up. He made a mental note to talk to Sydney about the language Jolie was picking up. He remembered when she called her mother a bitch. “Weiss,” he thought. “It has to be coming from him.” He made a second mental note to give his friend a stern lecture, and maybe a good ass kicking, when he finally returned.

><><><

Another few months went by before Sydney finally located Renee in London. Despite being almost seven months pregnant, she got ready to head out there to meet her.
“Jolie? Come here to say goodbye, please,” Sydney called. A moment later her daughter appeared, looking solemn. “What is wrong?”

Jolie looked at her sadly. “Can I come too?”
Sydney shook her head. “Not this time. I need to meet Renee myself first. Besides, she works in a bar and you can’t go in there.”
“Don’t go,” Jolie said softly, looking down. “Does it matter? We don’t need to get revenge for Daddy. Just stay here with me.”

“Jolie…I can read you like a book. What are you really thinking?”
The little girl looked up at her mother with her big green eyes, much like her father’s. “I’m scared you won’t come back. Last time you and Daddy went away…he didn’t come back.” A big tear slipped down her cheek.

Sydney put her hand on her heart. “Oh, honey…” she knelt down to Jolie’s eye level. “I’m not going to leave you alone.” She took Jolie’s hand and put it on her heart. “You are what keeps my heart going, Jo. I’m coming back. Two days. You can call me as much as you need to. And I’ll call you when I can. I love you.” She looked deep into Jolie’s eyes. “I love you.”

Jolie hugged her mom. “I love YOU.” The she moved so she could speak to her mom’s stomach. “Keep Mommy safe, Baby.” Sydney kissed her daughter and then walked into the living room where her mother was.
“Mom…she is afraid I am not going to come back like Vaughn.”
“I know. Don’t worry, just go. We’ll be okay. Be safe, Sydney.”
“I will.”

><><><

LONDON

Sydney walked into a dark bar, dressed in trendy dress and wig of short dark brown hair with bangs, and made her way to the bar stools.
“Can I help you?” a rough looking woman asked.
“You’ve been a very hard person to find. But I did, which means others can.”

“Sorry, Miss. I don’t have a clue what you are talking about.”
“I know who you are, Renee. We need to talk.”
“I have nothing to say to you.” The woman reached down, possibly for a gun.
“It’s about Michael Vaughn.”
“You’re Sydney.”
“Yes.”

“How did you find me?”
“I know everything.”
“Then you should have walked away.”
“You don’t know me very well…”

Renee sighed. “It’s no accident you found me here. The people who killed Vaughn – they own this place. There’s an operation center in the back. I haven’t gotten in yet, but judging the way that man over there is looking at us, you just blew my cover. You should go. Walk out, slowly.”
“And you?”

“I didn’t spend three months getting in the place to just walk away. We can access their servers. That might give me a window into their operation. I’m going there.”
“Then I am coming with you.” Sydney said firmly. Renee stared at her and picked up her gun with a small towel. She motioned to Sydney and the two of them headed toward the door.

“You know the rules. You’re not supposed to be back here,” a guard said.
“You are going to want to move now,” Renee threatened.
“Sexy. So I’m bein’ threatened by a waif and a pregnant chick.” Suddenly he was thrown back against the wall by a punch Renee threw.

“Feeling sexy now?” Sydney grabbed the man’s hand and places it on the biometric scanner to open the door. “GET UP.”
Renee positioned the man in front of the door as the door opened, shooting through him to kill a man inside the room. Someone pushed an alarm button. Renee shot the other people in the room and ran over to a computer. Sydney and Renee watched in horror as they saw the screens flash DATA DESTRUCTION IN PROGRESS and DELETING FILES.

“The data is being destroyed Renee, I can’t stop it!” Sydney screamed, typing frantically.
“Me neither, let’s go.”
“Wait.”
“What?” Renee followed Sydney’s gaze on wires that led to a hidden camera inside a cabinet. She then yanked out a hard drive.
“Got it.” The two of them ran out of the bar and into an alley.

“It doesn’t look fried. The data should be intact,” Sydney said, panting.
“It’s probably encrypted,” Renee said as she slipped her wig off, revealing long beautiful light brown hair.
“Encryption won’t be a problem. I don’t know if Vaughn ever mentioned, but I work with a genius. He’ll be able to crack the encryption. I’ll upload it for you. Here, take this. It’s a secure line. Dial 9. Wait for the tone, dial 8-1-6…”
“You are NOT bringing this back to the CIA,” Renee said.

“No, we’re an off-the-books division. It’s different.”
“Not for me. I don’t know them.’
“But I do. You can trust them.”
“Who says I trust you?”
“Good point.”

“What did Michael tell you about me?” Renee asked.
“Not that much. Just that… you’ve been working with him for years and you were the one who told him about Prophet Five. I understand why you’re reluctant. I mean, you’re number eight on the CIA’s Most Wanted List. I get it. But you have to understand, these people killed my husband, the father of my children. I’m gonna enlist every resource available to immobilize them. And if that means that this is the last time you and I see each other, that is fine by me. Just… tell me how you wanna do it.”

“Number eight?”
“Yes.”
Renee gave a small smile. “I’m slipping. I used to be number six.” She paused. “You’re exactly like Michael said you were. Fine. Do it your way. Give me the phone.” She grabbed the phone.
“You called him ‘Michael’…”

“Yeah.” Renee smiled. “Don’t worry. He was crazy about you. How is that beautiful little girl by the way? The last time I saw him he showed me a picture. She was…four?”
Sydney smiled back. “She’s good. Jolie. Six now, and is quite a handful.”
“Just like her mother, I suppose? Goodbye, Sydney…” Renee turned and slipped into the night.

><><><

Sydney’s House

Irina watched her granddaughter stare out the window in the living room, waiting for her mom to get back from London. Jolie had a look of sadness about her, like she did ever since Vaughn “died,” despite acting happy in front of the rest of the family. It was only when she thought no one was watching that her true feelings leaked out.

She knew Jolie was worried that her mom wouldn’t come back. And she was sick of how slow APO was working to find Prophet Five and what they wanted. Irina wanted her family put back together and for her granddaughter to be truly happy again. She knew she could do a better job than Sydney was doing. She had the connections, despite taking the past two years off from her life of evil. And most importantly, she wasn’t pregnant and trying to take care of a little girl as well, which she knew was slowing Sydney down.
Knowing she had to do something, Irina slipped away unnoticed by Jolie and went to call Ivan Curtis. The phone rang a few times before she heard his greeting.

“Hello, Ivan,” she said in her Russian dialect.
Irina? Is that you?
“The one and only.”
I thought you went off the grid.”
“I did. But I have a purpose. I know you are searching for the members of Prophet Five so you can finally achieve Rambaldi’s end game. So why kill Michael Vaughn?”

Vaughn was getting too close. He would have found them and eliminated them and the Horizon.”
“Have you gotten any further on your search after his elimination?”
No. The book only provided minimal help. We need the microchip. We believe his girlfriend has it.”
“Girlfriend?”

Yeah…that brown haired girl. Sydney Bristow. She’s a real pain in my ass.”
Irina froze, listening to his words. She knew that Curtis was going to plan something for Sydney if he believed she knew information. The one thing he didn’t know was that she was her daughter.
“Let me help you. I have been following Sydney for years and can get information on her easily. Where are you right now? I’ll come out and help you with your plans.”

Why am I not surprised you have tabs on one of the most elusive CIA agents?
Irina chuckled. “Do I have to answer? You know how good I am at my job.”
Right. Well, my team is in Madrid, although we’re about to lay low for the next five days. You can meet me at the following location.” Curtis went on to tell Irina where he was and she promised she’d be there by the next nightfall.

After hanging up with Curtis she called Jack.
Bristow.”
“Jack. Sydney’s coming back tonight; I’m actually at her house right now. I’m just calling to tell you that I have to go out of town for the next week. I’m going to visit Katya.”

All right. Just don’t go causing any international scandals or anything. Tell Sydney when she gets home. I’ll see you tonight before you leave then.”
“See you later, Jack.” Irina hung up the phone and headed to the kitchen to prepare dinner, thinking about everything she’d need to pack tonight when she got home. Then she formed her plan of how she could use Curtis and his team to find Prophet Five quickly, so Sydney could stop with her work and take care of the new baby and Vaughn could come home. Lost in her thoughts, she absent-mindedly stirred the pasta sauce until she heard Jolie’s euphoric shriek for her mother and headed out into the foyer of the house.

~~~

“Hello? Anyone here?” Sydney called as she walked into her house.
“MOMMY!!” Jolie came flying into the foyer. “How did everything go?”
“Fine, fine. Where is Grandma?”

“Right here. Welcome back, Sydney.” Irina walked in from the kitchen. “Everything okay?”
“Yeah. I have some new things for Marshall to play with.” Sydney smiled. “Renee is…interesting.”
Irina gave a knowing smile. “Glad you are back safely.”

“Me too,” Jolie said, hugging Sydney’s leg, giving her a big grin.
“OH MY GOD. What happened to your teeth?” She gasped, gripping Jolie’s chin in her hand and staring into her daughter’s mouth, which was now missing two front teeth.
“I lost them!” Jolie proclaimed proudly. Sydney looked up at her mother who rolled her eyes.

“And, how did you lose them exactly?” Sydney questioned, having a feeling there was more to the story.
“Uhh, well…” Jolie blushed.
“Her uncle hit her in the face with a basketball,” Irina broke in. Sydney looked horrified.
“But the teeth were loose anyway... he just made the process faster!” Jolie insisted.

“Oh, sweetie, are you okay? When did this happen?” Sydney asked.
“Last night. I’m fine. I got $20 bucks for them too!”
“WHAT?”
Irina cleared her throat. “Jolie, do Grandma a favor and go into the kitchen and stir the pasta sauce for me?”
“Okay!” She skipped away into the kitchen.

“Eric felt really bad and threw $20 dollars at me to put under her pillow for her teeth.”
“Great. Now she’ll always expect that! What happened? Is she okay? I am going to kill Eric!”
“Nah. They were her first teeth. You can say it was a bonus for being a first timer,” Irina joked. “It worked with you!” Sydney shook her head. “Anyway, we were over at your sister’s last night and Eric was outside playing basketball. Jolie walked out to see him and the ball just hit the hoop the wrong way and bounced backwards…onto her face.”
“Oh no…”

“There was some blood… a few tears. Nadia was screaming…both at Eric and in general that her niece was bloody and crying. But we got her cleaned up and some chocolate ice cream definitely helped.”
Sydney sighed. “Is it weird that I am actually upset I missed that? I mean, they were her first teeth!” Sydney’s mind then thought about how this was another first Vaughn missed. “Our family just can’t win…” she thought to herself.

“You’ll get a first of hers one of these days,” Irina said, reading Sydney’s mind. “By the way, Eric and Nadia are coming over for dinner, so don’t hurt him too badly.”
Sydney smiled and went upstairs to change while Irina went back into the kitchen. She sat on her bed and once again picked up the photo of Vaughn. “She lost her first two teeth, Vaughn. We both missed it, though. She’s growing up so fast…” Sydney felt tears spring to her eyes and willed them to stop. She put her other hand on her stomach and lay back onto the bed, still holding the picture, wondering how to handle trying to help Vaughn while raising her kids and not missing important things. Suddenly she heard a knock on her door.

“Come in.” Jolie poked her head through the door. “Hey munchkin, come here,” Sydney said, patting the bed.
Jolie ran in and hopped up next to her mother and snuggled under her arms. “I missed you.” She noticed the picture in her hand. “Mommy, you’re always holding that picture and talking to it.”
Sydney smiled and closed her arms around her daughter. “I missed you too,” she said, ignoring her daughter’s statement about the picture. “Are you sure your mouth doesn’t hurt now?”

“Yeah. I’m sure. Mommy…can I come with you on these missions one day? I hate when you leave.”
“Honey…this is only the second time I’ve left you, ever.”
“I know, but now with you trying to do Daddy’s thing for him…I know you’ll be gone more and I don’t think you should and I don’t want you to. Can’t you just send Uncle Eric?”
“No, honey. I’m the only one working with Renee.”

“Then I want to come.”
Sydney sighed. “Maybe one day I can take you with me if it is not going to be dangerous. You have to ask Grandpa though.”
“Oooohh.” Jolie looked disappointed, knowing it was a slim chance that Jack would let her go.
“SYD!” Suddenly Nadia came into the room. Sydney sat up.

“Hey, Sis. I’d get up but this extra weight is killing me!”
“No need. How was the trip? Everything okay?”
“Yeah. Except I came back to a toothless child thanks to that husband of yours.” Sydney smiled playfully at her sister.

Nadia grew pale for a second and then blushed. “I’m soooo sorry, Syd.” Then she looked at Jolie. “You are okay now, right, sweetie?” Jolie nodded at her and held out her arms to be picked up. “Oh, come here, you monkey,” Nadia said, grabbing her niece. “Let’s give Mommy a chance to change. We’ll see you downstairs, Syd.”
Sydney changed and went downstairs to join the rest of her family who had gathered for dinner. They ate, laughed and joked like a normal family and for once, no one mentioned APO, Renee, or missions.

><><><

APO

A few days later Jack had everyone gather in the conference room. He pulled a photo of a man up on the screen. “This is Ivan Curtis, the man responsible for Vaughn’s death. He is in Madrid right now and I want to send a team in to interrogate him. He works for a man named Gordon Dean who runs a secret organization out of Europe and we believe it is linked with Prophet Five. Right now it is imperative that we find Dean and find out why they wanted Vaughn so badly that they had him killed. Dixon, Weiss, you will be going in and I want Agent Grace going with you.

“Dad, I...”
“Sydney, you are not going. End of story.”
Sydney nodded and Jack finished his session and dismissed everyone. Sydney walked with him to his office to talk privately for a few minutes.

~~~

Jolie, who had a few days off from home schooling due to Irina going away, was sitting in her mom’s office, bored and waiting to go home. Sydney was off talking with Jack in his office and Jolie was told to wait. She started playing with the buttons on her mom’s phone until she heard her mom and grandfather talking. She paused to listen and put the phone on mute just in case.

“I miss him so much, Dad.”
“I know. But I’m here for you.”
“It’s not the same. Vaughn should be here. He should be going to the doctor with me, and helping me get ready for the baby, and he should be here for Jolie. He is such a good father.”
“I know, Sydney.”
“It’s just hard. I’m six months pregnant and I am trying to get ready for a baby and chase after a six-year-old and deal with Prophet Five. I need him back. I need his help.”

Jack sighed. “You should know we are moving him to another location.”
Jolie’s ears perked up when she heard this. “Moving who?” she thought.

“Okay. Where?”
“Belize. He’s going to be posing as one of those wealthy recluse types who live in the resorts. The address is encrypted on this paper.”
“Thanks, Dad. I should get back to Jolie now. We need to get home.”
“I’ll walk you to your office.”

Jolie quickly figured out how to shut off the phone and made it look like she had been innocently playing on the computer. “My daddy’s alive?” she thought, completely confused. “But…he died. I saw. Was it faked? Why would they keep him away from us? Why would they tell me he was dead? I need to find him.”

A moment later Jack and Sydney entered the office. “Hi, sweetheart,’ Sydney said.
Jolie smiled in response and looked at her mom closely. She wasn’t carrying any papers or files so the address was either still in her grandfather’s office or in the pocket of her mom’s sweater coat. She guessed the coat because there was a good chance her mom was bringing the code home to decipher tonight. “Are we going home now, Mommy?”

“Yes.”
Jolie walked over to her grandfather and hugged him. “Night, Grandpa.”
Jack smiled down at his granddaughter and watched her and Sydney walk out the door.
When they were settled in the car, Jolie looked at her mom. “Mommy?”

“Yes, sweetie?”
“Would you lie to me?”
“What?”

“Would you keep any really big important secrets from me that might change my life?”
Sydney looked confused and glanced at her daughter through the rear view mirror. “What are you talking about?”
“Just wondering.”

Sydney sat silently. “Where is this coming from? Did she find out about Vaughn? Impossible. Only Dad, Mom and I know he is alive.
“Mommy?”
“Sweetie, I would always tell you things you need to know.”

TBC...

coming up:
a reunion of some sort...

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE KNOWS SHE KNOWS SHE KNOWS!!!!!!!!!!! BETTER START TO WATCH THE WHISKEY SYDNEY, AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT WANT TO KEEP PERSONAL FROM YOUR GENIUS DAUGHTER.

I love how you write and keep us going. i'm so deep into this fic, i keep a window with it open in it all the time!!!!!!!!!!! You are an great writer and I can't wait for this to be finished?

Thanks for the PM, btw, and thanks for writing

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT

OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SHE KNOWS SHE KNOWS SHE KNOWS!!!!!!!!!!! BETTER START TO WATCH THE WHISKEY SYDNEY, AND ANYTHING ELSE YOU MIGHT WANT TO KEEP PERSONAL FROM YOUR GENIUS DAUGHTER.

I wish I had the brains of that 6 year old and I'm 13

If you don't update soon again, I'll kill you!

I love how you write and keep us going. i'm so deep into this fic, i keep a window with it open in it all the time!!!!!!!!!!! You are an great writer and I can't wait for this to be finished?

Thanks for the PM, btw, and thanks for writing

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT

Nadia

Time is Precious-Romance Fiction

Don't have time for a real review, but I'll just say Jolie is just too dang smart...
Be back later to review properly...
Thanks for the pm.

Edit: Note to Syd...never leave your genius child alone when you are talking about her supposed dead father and there are ways she can over hear...

I thought it was hilarious how Jolie cussed out Vaughn on Syd's cell phone...that little girl is just too grown...

a reunion huh??!!!
between who??!!!!

time to find out!
OK, since I am like, super pathetic, and I really like this next part, I'm doing an extra post tonight before I go to bed... I hope you all enjoy this. It's kind of the start to a HUGE turn in the story.

AND i know this part is REALLY far-fetched, and could never happen in real life, but remember in the original story, Jolie was raised to be a super genius... so this kid can like, do anything. Just go with it, ok?

Thanks for reading and please review!

Recap:
“Sweetie, I would always tell you things you need to know.”

Chapter 7:

While Sydney was down in the kitchen making dinner, Jolie took the opportunity to use a camera toy that Marshall had given her. It looked like a pen, and worked like a pen, but it was also a small camera. Jolie placed the camera on her mom’s nightstand, next to the picture of her dad that Sydney kept talking to all the time, and left the room. She went back to her room and turned on a small controller that had a viewer on it. The screen showed her mom’s bed.

“Perfect, it works.” Jolie smiled to herself and knew she’d be spying on her mom tonight.
After getting Jolie ready for bed, Sydney retired to her room and pulled the encrypted address out of her pocket. She sat down on the bed and stared at the paper for a few minutes, mumbling to herself. Then she picked up the pen that was on her nightstand and started making notes.

Meanwhile, Jolie was watching from her room and carefully listening to what her mother was mumbling. She got a clear view of the encryption when Sydney picked up the camera pen to take some notes.
At the same time, both Vaughn women realized what the address was. Jolie went to write it down quickly while Sydney ripped up the paper and flushed it down the toilet. Jolie happened to glance back at the controller and saw her mom was getting ready to exit the room.

“Shoot! She’s coming to check on me.” Jolie quickly turned off the controller and hid it and the paper in a drawer. She hopped into bed and shut her eyes, hoping she could fake sleep.
Sydney quietly entered her daughter’s room and gently sat at the edge of the bed, staring at her daughter for a few minutes. She sighed.

“I wish it could be different,” she whispered and stroked her daughter’s silky hair. She leaned down and kissed her cheek.
As soon as she left, Jolie opened her eyes. “I’m going to find my daddy.”

><><><

Jolie accompanied Sydney to APO the next day as well, instead of spending the day with her best friend. Sydney thought she was just being clingy but Jolie had specific goals for the day. Her first stop of the morning was to try and con Marshall into making her a fake passport and ID.
“Hi Marshall! How’s Mitchell doing?”

“Oh, hey, Jolie! He’s great. Just great. What’s going on? You at APO today again?”
“Yeah…cause it is SOOOO much fun,” she said, pretending to be sarcastic. “Hey, you are the one who makes all the fake ID’s and passports, right?”
“Yep! That’s me.”
“That is SO COOL. I want a fake ID. Can you show me how you make them? Can we make one for me for fun? Please?”
“Why would you want that?”

“I dunno. It looks fun. Come on, Marshall… what’s the harm?” Jolie tried her puppy dog face, which broke him like a record.
“All right. Sure, it only takes a few minutes anyway. But don’t tell anyone I am doing this for you, okay?”
“Promise. This is so much fun!”
“Okay, so here is how I do it…” Marshall began to walk Jolie through the steps of making a fake ID and passport. She carefully noted every detail into her brain. When they were done, Marshall deleted the alias he created. “I’m sorry I really can’t print these out for you and everything.”

“No problem! It was fun to watch.”
“Actually, I have to make one for your aunt right now. Why don’t you stick around?”
“Sounds great.” Again, Jolie watched the process, and how everything got printed and put together. She made a mental note to come back when Marshall was out to lunch or at a meeting and make her ID.
At 10:45, Jolie got her chance. Jack called everyone into a meeting and Jolie knew she had at least a half hour. She crept out of Sydney’s office where she was supposedly reading and slipped unnoticed into Marshall’s area. Working swiftly, she created her alias and promptly deleted everything once it was printed out.

“Hello, Katie Miller,” she whispered to herself, pleased with the incredibly common name she created. Back in her mom’s office, she pondered how to go about purchasing airline tickets. She couldn’t use her mom’s credit card and any flights made on behalf of APO would raise suspicion. Finally, it hit her. Her grandmother had given her a secret credit card to hold onto for any emergency that could ever come up. Sydney didn’t know about it, and it would take a few weeks for the statement to get back to Irina.

“Bingo.” Jolie hopped onto the computer and proceeded to look up various flights. She decided to fly on American Airlines and first go from Los Angeles to Las Vegas and then onto Houston. From Houston she’d take a plane to Belize. She then called American and using a voice modulator to sound more grown up, explained there was a young child who was going to meet relatives in several cities before meeting her uncle in Belize. The American Airlines employee was very helpful and booked the flight pattern. A special note was entered into the computer that the six year old was flying alone with permission of the parent.

Jolie thanked the woman and hung up smiling. In three days, she would be with her dad again. She loved being a genius.

><><><

Two Days Later

Jolie fussed about in her room, deciding what clothes to bring and which of the fun little toys Marshall kept giving her she needed. Finally placing everything in her large backpack, she called a cab company to come pick her up in the morning to take her to the train station where she would take the subway to the airport, knowing she’d barely be noticed on the subway. She checked to make sure she had the petty cash she had “borrowed” from the APO supplies and her fake identification. After writing a note to leave for her mother, Jolie put on her pajamas and got ready for bed like it was any normal night.

Leaving her room, she went to find her mom. “Mommy?”
“Down in the living room,” she heard Sydney call. Jolie headed downstairs and found her mom curled on the couch with Scout. She went over and snuggled into her mom’s lap as best she could since Sydney’s stomach was huge. Sydney wrapped her arms around her daughter and smiled down at her. “Hey. What’s going on?”

“Nothing. Just wanted to spend some time with you.”
Sydney gave her a look. “Uh huh…okay, you got ready for bed without me telling you to and you are being all cute and cuddly. What did you do?”
Jolie giggled. “Nothing, I promise.”
“Why don’t I believe you?”

“Look into my eyes, Mommy. You can always tell when I am lying.” Jolie stared right at her mom.
Sydney laughed. “Okay, whatever. Want to watch some TV with me?”
Jolie nodded and curled up against her mom. A half hour later, she was sound asleep and Sydney sighed. “Okay, let’s see if I can manage to carry you upstairs.”
Sydney started to try and stand up with her daughter in her arms but her jerky movements caused Jolie to wake up.

“Mommy, what’s wrong?” she mumbled, sleepily.
“Oh, shhh…honey, I was trying to stand up to carry you upstairs since you fell asleep.”
“Don’t do that, Mom. You’ll hurt yourself. I can go up myself.” Jolie pulled herself off her mom’s lap. Sydney took the little girl’s hand and led her upstairs, tucking her into her bed.
“Sweet dreams, little one. I love you.”

Jolie looked up at her mom and yawned, causing Sydney to smile. “I love you too, Mommy.” She reached up for a hug and Sydney obliged, kissing her daughter’s face a few times as well. Jolie smiled and shut her eyes.
As soon as Sydney left the room, Jolie sat up and set her alarm clock to go off at 4:00 in the morning since the cab was coming at 4:30.

~~~

4:00 a.m. came and Jolie was up in a flash. She quietly washed her face in the bathroom and got dressed in a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and grabbed a zippered sweatshirt. Sneaking down to the kitchen, she helped herself to a few donuts and grabbed some granola bars and a bottle of water to take with her.

Grabbing her backpack and the note, she made her way downstairs and left the note where her mom would find it. She slipped out of the door and walked to the edge of the driveway so the cab wouldn’t honk when it arrived. It showed up right on time and Jolie was soon on her way to finding her father.
“You by yourself, kid?” The cab driver asked the little girl huddling in the backseat.

“For now. But I’m going to be with my Daddy.”
The driver smiled and thought about his own little girl, tucked away in her bed at this hour of the morning.
“Well, you have a good time with him.”
“Oh, I will.” Jolie said with a big smile, and hoped she was right that he was still alive and praying he would give her answers as to why he’d stayed away.

~~~

Sydney woke up around 9:00 a.m., surprised she had slept that late as she was usually woken up earlier by her daughter making noise somewhere in the house. Pulling herself out of bed, she walked down the hallway, only to find Jolie’s room empty. Calling her name, Sydney headed downstairs. She checked the kitchen and living room before spotting the note on the hallway table.

I went on my own mission. Be back soon. I love you.”
Sydney ran to get her phone and called her father. “Did you send Jolie on a mission?” she asked as soon as Jack picked up the phone.
A mission? What are you talking about?

Sydney explained the note she found to which Jack had no answer. After calling Nadia to see if she knew anything, Jack called everyone into APO to figure out where and why Jolie had decided to disappear.
They all concluded she had done this voluntarily but had no idea where she could have wanted to go.
“Do you think she found out about Vaughn?” Sydney asked Jack, pulling him aside.
“How? We were so careful, weren’t we?”
“I’m worried, Dad. She’s a smart kid but she is only six. So many things could happen to her...”
“We’ll find her.”

><><><

Many hours later

It was around 9:30 p.m. when Jolie finally arrived at the resort in Belize. “Okay, I’m here. Now how do I find my Dad?” she asked herself, yawning. She headed into the reception area and sat down in a dark corner to think about how she would find him. She knew he wouldn’t be staying under his name. Luck was on her side, however, as two of the receptionists apparently loved to gossip.

“Maria, have you seen the new guy who moved into the residential suites? Quirin Bernhard? He’s CUTE.”
“Ah, he just got here like two days ago, right? Is he the one who spent the past few nights at the bar, sulking over something?”
“Yeah. More like brooding. He doesn’t talk much.”
“Maybe he lost someone.”
“Maybe he is just mysterious. Have you seen his eyes? Bright green!” Jolie’s ears perked up. They HAD to be talking about her dad.

“Is he in the bar now?”
“Yeah. Oh, wait! No – look! He’s coming!”
“Hi, Mr. Bernhard,” the two women said, smiling.
Jolie turned to stare in their direction. She saw the man smile at the two receptionists and gasped at what she saw. “Daddy…” she whispered out loud. He had a lot more facial hair than she had ever seen on him but it was her father. Tears started to form in her eyes out of happiness and frustration that she lost four months of her life with him. Feelings of anger then washed over her when she realized how certain people lied to her about her dad being dead, but anger wasn’t important now. Getting to him was, so she pushed those thoughts aside and carefully followed him down the hall to the elevators.

The elevator doors opened and Vaughn stepped in. Jolie stayed out of sight until the last second and then flung herself into the elevator right before the doors closed.
Vaughn turned to stare at the person who jumped onto the elevator and turned pale when he saw who it was. Staring up at him was his precious little girl, looking tired and worn out, but with a look of amazement on her face.

“Daddy?” she asked, timidly.
Vaughn put his finger to his lips. “I’m sorry, I think you have the wrong person,’ he said, winking at her. When they reached his floor, he walked out of the elevator. “Why don’t you come with me and I can call the front desk and help you find your dad?” Taking the small girl by her hand, he led her down the hall and into his suite.
As soon as the door closed, Vaughn turned to look at his daughter who was standing against the door. “What are you doing here?” He asked with panic in his voice. “Did someone send you? How did you get here?” How did you know I was…”

“Alive?” she finished. “I didn’t…but I overheard Mommy and Grandpa say you were moved a few days ago so I dug around to find the information and left to come find you myself.”
“YOU CAME BY YOURSELF?” Vaughn yelled, causing Jolie to tremble against the door. He saw he was scaring his daughter and took a deep breath. “I’m sorry, honey. Come here.” He knelt down and opened his arms. Jolie stared at him doubtfully for a second but then rushed to him and threw her arms around his neck.

“DADDY!” She cried, tears streaming out of her eyes and onto his shirt. “Daddy…Daddy…” she kept saying over and over.
Vaughn rubbed her back and picked her up. “I didn’t think I’d ever get to hold her so soon…” he thought to himself, enjoying his reunion with his daughter, despite fearing for her safety and his own life. “Shhh, princess. It’s okay, I’m here. I’m here.” He kept rubbing her back while walking around the suite.
Ten minutes later she calmed down and Vaughn forced her to tell him how she got there. Jolie poured out the whole story of spying on Sydney to get the address, tricking Marshall into showing her how to make an ID, stealing money for travel, booking plane tickets and sneaking out of the house.

“Mommy doesn’t know where you are?” Vaughn asked, horrified. “Oh, this is not good. This is NOT good. Jolie, honey, I know you were mad and confused about what you overheard but you should not have done this. You could have put all of our lives in jeopardy and your Mom is probably on the verge of having a heart attack right now, which will not be good for the baby.”
Jolie’s lips trembled a little. “I just wanted to be with you again, Daddy…” she said in a small voice, looking up at him.

Vaughn’s heart melted when he stared into that little face and he couldn’t stay too mad. “Oh, princess. I know.”
“Why did you guys fake everything?”
Vaughn sighed, and recalled how Sydney told him how upset Jolie had been after his “death.” He knew she didn’t speak or eat for days. Finally he told her the entire story and why he went into hiding.
“You could have trusted me not to tell, you know.”

“I know, Jo. But we needed you to believe I was really dead in case any of our enemies kidnapped you and tried to torture you for information. If you didn’t know anything, you would have been safe, and that is all we cared about.” Jolie put her head on Vaughn’s chest. He looked down at the miniature version of Sydney and realized just how much his girls meant to him. He hugged Jolie tightly. “I have to contact your mother.”

“She’s going to be so mad at me. How did you guys speak all this time?”
Vaughn explained they were using a comm system that was placed in everyday objects. They could speak directly or leave recordings for the other to get later.
“So THAT’S why Mommy was always talking to a picture of you,” Jolie said. “I knew something was weird about that picture.” She smiled widely and Vaughn finally saw her missing teeth. He smiled back.

“I heard the times you would talk to me sometimes as well when you had accidentally pushed the button when you picked up the picture. I loved hearing your voice.” Then something snapped in Vaughn’s mind. “Although, I think we need to have a serious talk about your language skills. I definitely did not enjoy when you called me an asshole over the phone. Where did you learn that word?”

Jolie looked puzzled for a minute. “That was YOU calling us on your birthday?” Vaughn nodded. “I thought it was a stalker! I was so scared.”
“Well, you definitely didn’t show it. Tell me…where did you learn that word?”
“My lips are sealed.” Jolie said with a smile. “I am not talking.”
“We’ll see about that,” Vaughn said, tickling his little girl and reveling in the sound of her happy giggles. He had missed that. “Well, I better not hear you using those words ever again.”

“Okay! Okay! Stop!” Jolie gasped between giggles. Vaughn stopped and pulled her close again.
“Oh, I’ve missed you. Okay, listen, you’ve had a long, long day. Go change your clothes and wash your face while I contact your mom.”
“Okay…tell her not to kill me, please?”
Vaughn shook his head and pointed toward the other room. Jolie went, and he decided this warranted a cell phone call rather than using the comm.

~~~

Sydney was frantically pacing APO, trying not to stress out too much and cause harm to the baby. She heard her cell go off and ran to her desk.
“Caller unknown?” She said out loud, glancing at the caller ID. “Hello?”
It’s me.”

Sydney sighed and slid into her chair. “This is not a…”
She’s here.”
“WHAT?”
Vaughn quickly filled Sydney in on the details he had and said it appeared both he and Jolie were safe and no one had followed her.

“I am going to kill her. Seriously. How could she think about pulling a stunt like this? I really hope this other baby is NOT as smart as our daughter because I can not handle two children with the ability to disappear like a professional.”
Vaughn chuckled. “I already gave her a stern talking to.
“Oh, please. She has you wrapped around her little finger…you probably tried to yell, and then she cried, and then you consoled her.”

Well, yes, but I did tell her she could have put all our lives in danger. How are we handling this? Should we make arrangements to send her back? She can’t stay here, you know.
“I know. Let me talk to my Dad. I have to see if we’ll send someone to get her or have her travel alone again. Hmm…call me in the morning? 7:00 a.m. your time. We’ll have a plan by then.”
Okay.”
Sydney paused. “Where is she?”
Getting ready to go to sleep. Do you want to talk to her?

“No. I’m so mad I’ll just yell and I don’t want to do that right now. I do understand why she did what she did. If I were her, I probably would have also.”
Understandable. I should get off the phone though. Sweetheart, I miss you.”
“Me too. I love you.”
I love you too.” Sydney heard the phone click and sat for a second before calling her dad.
“Dad?”

><><><

Vaughn hung up the phone and went into the bathroom where Jolie was finishing up. He stood in the doorway and marveled at how, in just over five months, she had gotten taller and even more beautiful.
“How mad is Mommy?” Jolie asked, turning to him.

“Plenty. I have to call in the morning and find out the plan to get you back home. You can NOT stay here you know, and I will probably get moved again.”
Jolie hung her head. “I know. I’m sorry.” She looked up at him. “But I just HAD to see you again.”
Vaughn went over and picked her up, bringing her into the bedroom. He gently placed her on the bed. “You need some sleep.”

A small hand gripped onto his shirt. “Stay with me, Daddy?”
Vaughn kissed his little girl. “Sure. Let me go change and I’ll be right back.” Vaughn went to change out of the dress pants and shirt he had on and slid into lacrosse shorts and a t-shirt. He sat down on the bed and took his little girl in his arms, lying down against the pillows.

“Okay, just shut your eyes. I love you, my little princess.”
“I love you more than the world, Daddy.” Jolie mumbled before drifting into a deep sleep.
Vaughn looked at the little angel in his arms and was happy she took such a risk to get to him, because having her in his life again for just one night was worth it.

><><><

Jack was fuming. He had summoned his team back to APO at 10:30 that evening after Sydney told him what Jolie had done.

Flashback
“Dad?” he heard as his picked up the phone in his office.
“Have you heard anything?”
“Yes…um… I’m going to come tell you in person but you should call the team and get them back here.”
“All right.”
A few minutes later he had made his phone calls and Sydney appeared in his office. She sat down in the chair opposite him and finally told him what her daughter did.
“Is she INSANE? She is going to be in big trouble when I get my hands on her…” Jack started screaming as soon as Sydney was finished.
“Dad, calm down. We need a plan…”

Rachel, Tom, Dixon, Marshall, Weiss and Nadia all filed into the conference room at 11:00 p.m., wondering what had developed. They all knew Jolie had disappeared from earlier in the day after Sydney found the note. All were apprehensive at what had been found out since then.
Sydney and Jack came into the room and shut the door, activating an anti-eves dropping device at the same time. They took deep breaths and looked at each other.

Finally Sydney spoke. “We have something we have to share with you all and this is of the highest security clearance and none of you are to speak of this or acknowledge that you know any of this at all. It is for the safety of my whole family and if any of this information gets leaked out, it will be considered treason. Before we start, we all need you to initial and fingerprint these documents.” Sydney passed out a confidentiality clause to each of them and everyone quickly complied.

After gathering the papers, Sydney spoke again. “I’ll just come out and say it. Michael Vaughn, my husband, is alive.” Marshall, Weiss, Nadia and Dixon all looked shocked while Tom and Rachel, who weren’t around during the funeral, looked puzzled.
“Excuse me…what?” Weiss broke in.
Sydney shot him a sympathetic look and continued to fill everyone in on what happened in Rome and why they faked Vaughn’s death and how he had been in hiding ever since for his safety. She explained that he was the reason she had been pushing herself to bring down Prophet Five so fast.

Then Jack broke in and explained that Jolie had found out and she took it upon herself to find her father and she was with him right now. Nadia sighed with relief upon hearing her niece was all right.
“Tom and Rachel, since you are the least known among all of us, we are sending you on a plane to Belize immediately and you will pose as a young married couple with a child. The child is obviously Jolie, who you will call Karen, and she will meet you in the restaurant during breakfast. You will then bring her back here.” The two youngest agents nodded. “I know I don’t need to remind you that you are privileged to be part of such knowledge and this mission as young new agents and if any of this information gets leaked, you will be put in jail. This is not only a professional matter, it is personal. This is my family whose lives are at stake.” Jack continued, causing the two agents to squirm in their seats. “That’s all. Wheels up in an hour. Get going.”

Tom and Rachel quickly fled to get ready and Jack held the other agents for a minute longer.
“I’m really sorry, everyone,” Sydney said. “We didn’t want to keep this secret from you but the less people who knew, the safer it would be.” She braced herself for her family and friends to yell and be mad at the situation. Instead, she was greeted with silence for a few minutes.

“Sydney, I think I speak for the team when I say we understand the situation and are relieved to know that Vaughn is alive and well and will be returning to us one day.’ Dixon spoke and the rest of the agents nodded in agreement.
Sydney sighed with relief. “Thank you.” She hugged Nadia who had come up next to her.
Jack smiled at the scene. “All right everyone, let’s help Tom and Rachel get going and you may all go home afterwards.”

Sydney went over to hug her dad. “Please don’t be too tough on Jolie when she gets back. She just wanted to see her father.”
Jack rubbed Sydney’s back and thought for a minute. “She’s not getting off easy but maybe I’ll lay off the torture devices.” He grinned down at his beautiful daughter, who smirked back at him. “Go home and rest, Sydney. You need it, and so does the baby.” She nodded in agreement and left, saying she’d be there early in the morning to call Vaughn. Jack shook his head, worrying that she was pushing herself too hard but knowing he couldn’t stop her.

><><><

Vaughn woke up at 6:30 and sat in bed staring at his little angel who was still in a very deep sleep. He stroked her hair and kissed her cheek, knowing it would be the last time for more months to come.
A few minutes before seven he slipped out of bed and took a different cell phone than the one he used the previous night out to the terrace to call Sydney.

Hello?” he heard, after dialing the number.
“Morning, beautiful.”
She chuckled. “I wish. I look like a whale.”
“I’m sure you look like a gorgeous whale then.”
Thanks,” she responded, voice dripping with sarcasm.
“So what’s the plan?”

Sydney filled him in on Tom and Rachel, who were going as Seth and Debbie Brown, on vacation with their daughter Karen. He was to guide her toward the restaurant where she would find her “parents.” She said Jolie knew both of them and would be fine. He was told to leave her backpack at the front desk where “Seth” would later pick it up.

“Sounds easy enough. What about me?”
We’re working on a new location for you. By the way, we filled in the team about the situation and everyone sends their best and can’t wait until you’re back.”
“I miss everyone. Tell Weiss he’s getting his ass kicked for teaching my baby words like ‘asshole’.”
Sydney laughed. “Okay. How is she?
“Still asleep. But otherwise, fine.”

All right. We should get off the phone. Bring her to breakfast at 10:00 a.m.
“Will do. I love you.”
I love you too. Stay safe.” Sydney hung up her phone.
Vaughn went back inside and saw Jolie stirring. “Daddy?” she asked, looking around.

He was at her side in a flash. “I’m right here, honey.” She greeted him with a huge smile.
Then she turned serious. “So when am I leaving?” Vaughn told her the breakfast plan and she looked at the clock. “That’s less than three hours I have with you,” she whined.
“Jo, think of it as three hours you have with me instead of none at all if I really was dead. Come on, go take a quick shower and we’ll have some fun before you go.”

Jolie jumped out of bed and took a very fast shower. She threw on a pair of jean Capri pants and a tank top and Vaughn pulled her hair into a pony-tail. They ordered some room service and hung around on the terrace, talking and laughing. Finally, it was 9:50 a.m.
“Princess, we have to go. Please put all of your things in your bag.” Vaughn was greeted with a sad look but Jolie went to do what she knew she had to. Taking her by the hand a minute later, he picked up her bag and they walked down toward the restaurant area.

They stopped behind a large hedge. “Baby…I have to go drop your bag off at the front desk. You need to go inside and find Tom and Rachel. I’ll try to swing by the table if I can in a little while.” Vaughn dropped the bag and knelt down to his daughter’s level. “Sweetie, I’m not going to lie and say I am not mad at what you have done, because I am, but I am really happy I got to see you and now that you know, we can communicate as well. Okay? And I’ll be back before you know it.”

Jolie nodded sadly. “I love you, Daddy. Stay safe and come home soon.” She threw her arms around him and covered his face in kisses.
Vaughn held her tightly for a few minutes and finally pushed her away and told her to go. He watched her walk off and brushed a few tears out of his eye before heading to the front desk.

~~~

Jolie slipped into the restaurant and spotted Rachel and Tom in the back right corner. She made her way over to them.
“Oh, there she is!” she heard Rachel cry out and saw her get up and head towards her. “Sweetie, you’ve been in the bathroom for a long time. We were worried.”

“Sorry?” Jolie said with a slight attitude, letting Rachel take her by the hand. She sat down at the table and picked at the chocolate muffin that had been ordered for her.
“You okay, Karen?” Tom asked her, noticing how sad she looked. Jolie nodded in response and looked down at her plate. Tom and Rachel exchanged glances and Rachel put her hand on Jolie’s arm and smiled.
“It’s okay.”

Jolie gave her a half smile and continued to pick at the muffin. A few minutes later, a man approached their table.
“Excuse me, I believe your little girl dropped this when she left the restroom area.”
Jolie looked up and saw her dad standing next to the table, holding out a small stuffed dolphin. She grinned broadly and took the stuffed animal from him.

Tom and Rachel looked at each other. Finally Tom spoke. “Thank you, sir. She can be so forgetful sometimes. I’m Seth Brown, and this is my wife Debbie and our daughter Karen.”
“Quirin Bernhard, nice to meet you,’ Vaughn said, shaking Tom’s hand. Then he went over to Jolie and put a hand on her shoulder. “You take care of that, young lady. You don’t want to lose it in case it is from someone special.”

“No, I don’t. Thank you so much,” Jolie responded, her green eyes sparkling in a way that Tom and Rachel had never seen before. “Can I give you a hug?”
Vaughn glanced at Tom and Rachel who shrugged, and knelt down. “Of course.”
Jolie slid off her chair and gently hugged her father. “Thanks again,” she said, pulling back quickly like she knew she should.

Vaughn stood up. “Well, you all have a nice day now.”
“Bye, thanks again,” Rachel called after him. She turned to Jolie and whispered, “Is that him?”
Jolie nodded, still looking radiantly happy as she watched her father walk out of the restaurant. Tom and Rachel smiled at each other, enjoying the sight of this happy little girl.

Minutes later they paid the bill and left the restaurant, grabbing Jolie’s bag from the desk along the way. Then they headed to the airport to wait for their direct flight home.

~~~

“We have the package,” Tom was saying into his cell phone while they were in the airport. “Our flight is in a half hour.” He clicked his cell phone shut and went to stand by Rachel who was holding the sleepy six-year-old in her arms. Jolie was still very much worn out from her big adventure the day before, and upset about leaving her father again.

“Rachel?” A sleepy voice mumbled into her ear.
“What is it, sweetheart?”
“Why do you think these bad people want my Daddy so badly?”

Rachel stroked Jolie’s head for a minute before answering. “Maybe he has information that people want. Or maybe he is the key to unlocking whatever Prophet Five is after.”
“I wish they would just stop. I want my Dad back.”
“I know, I know. One day he will be back.” Rachel shot Tom a look and he came over and took Jolie from her.

“Hey kid,” he said. “We’re gonna help your mom however we can to end this, okay?”
“Okay,” the little girl whispered, putting her head on his shoulder. Tom held her tightly and they all boarded the plane.

><><><

After landing in Los Angeles, Tom, Rachel and Jolie headed right for APO. Rachel noticed the little girl was a little squirmy and had a look on her face like she was going to be sick.
“Jolie, are you okay?”

The little girl glanced up at Rachel. “I’m scared. Mommy and Grandpa are going to be really mad and yell, a lot.”
“Just hold your ground, kid,” Tom said. “Look them straight in the eye and say ‘Well, you lied to me!’ Stick up for your decisions.”

“Tom!” Rachel admonished him.
“What? The kid shouldn’t take felgercarb for what she did. She was lied to.”
“She’s six.”
“So?”
Rachel sighed. “Jolie, it will be okay.”

Jolie glanced toward Tom and saw him wink at her through the rearview mirror. She smiled.
When they got to APO, Nadia ran over to them and grabbed her niece. “Don’t ever disappear like that again!” She said, covering her with kisses. Sydney followed and told Nadia to take Jolie into her office and wait there.

“I take it everything went well?” She asked the younger agents.
“As far as we know. At least this went better than trying to locate Curtis in Madrid a few days ago. That was a royal disaster. Anyway, here is her bag.” Tom said, handing over the backpack.
“Thank you.”

“We met him,’ Rachel broke in. Sydney raised an eyebrow. “He came over to the table and pretended Jolie dropped something so he could give her a gift goodbye. He seems really nice and Jolie lit up when he was there. I’ve never seen her so happy before. Her eyes were sparkling.”

Sydney sighed. “Jolie and Vaughn were incredibly close. They bonded right away when we found her and she had him completely wrapped around her finger.” Sydney lost herself in thought for a minute.

Flashback:
On the way home from Kolomna, Russia, Sydney found Jolie & Vaughn cuddled together, fast asleep. She stood silently, watching the two of them sleep for a few minutes before walking over to where they were sitting. She gently put her hand on Vaughn’s arm. He jolted awake.
“Shh.” Sydney put a finger on his lips. Vaughn looked confused for a second and then realized Jolie was asleep on his lap and a smile formed on his face.
Sydney went to pick her up but he shook his head.
“Leave her,” he whispered. “I like feeling like a dad.”

Snapping out of her daydreams, she kept talking. “ It was adorable but Jolie never was the same after we told her he died. I mean, she’d smile and laugh around us since then but never quite like she used to be. Despite what she did, I am relieved she knows the truth. Maybe she’ll slowly start acting like herself again. Anyway, thank you both for a job well done and bringing her home safely.” With a nod, she walked away toward her office.

~~~

Nadia was sitting in Sydney’s office, holding her niece tightly and listening to her story of how she found out about her dad and how she got to him and what she did when she got there.
Nadia was amazed at how this little six-year-old pulled this off, but was incredibly disappointed in her niece for even doing it. Yet, she understood.

“Sweetie, I probably would have done the same thing to find Irina if I had had the resources you have when I was younger. I can’t blame you too much. But I am going to warn you that Mommy and Grandpa are very, very angry.”

“I know. I’m probably going to be grounded for life,” Jolie said sadly. As she was saying that, Sydney walked into the office and simply plucked her off Nadia’s lap, took her by the hand and led her into Jack’s office.

TBC...

Yay!! Two chapters you're the best!!

I'm so happy she found Vaughn, what she did was wrong and dangerous but she could finally see her daddy :D

Awesome update. Can't wait for more.

°°NiCkY°°

There is no denying that what Jolie did was wrong...
but I gotta say, they have their hands full...she is just too smart...and she's only six!!!!
wait till she's a teenager...

“I am going to kill her. Seriously. How could she think about pulling a stunt like this? I really hope this other baby is NOT as smart as our daughter because I can not handle two children with the ability to disappear like a professional.”
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

“I’m sorry, honey. Come here.” He knelt down and opened his arms. Jolie stared at him doubtfully for a second but then rushed to him and threw her arms around his neck.

“DADDY!” She cried, tears streaming out of her eyes and onto his shirt. “Daddy…Daddy…” she kept saying over and over.
Vaughn rubbed her back and picked her up. “I didn’t think I’d ever get to hold her so soon…” he thought to himself, enjoying his reunion with his daughter, despite fearing for her safety and his own life. “Shhh, princess. It’s okay, I’m here. I’m here.” He kept rubbing her back while walking around the suite.
:love: :love: They are reunited...

But I am going to warn you that Mommy and Grandpa are very, very angry.”

“I know. I’m probably going to be grounded for life,” Jolie said sadly. As she was saying that, Sydney walked into the office and simply plucked her off Nadia’s lap, took her by the hand and led her into Jack’s office.
UhOh :madfire: :madfire:

I'm just glad that Jolie found out about Vaughn and got to him and home in one piece...
Thanks for the extra chapter and the pm...

Back