School Daze: A Poetic Story of a Desperate Pupil

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>School Daze : A Poetic Story of a Desperate Pupil</span>

Five hundred fifty four pages, three and six hundred fifty-nine thousandths inches thick, seven and two tenths pounds, 311,298 words, 1,556,490 letters and punctuation marks. The statistic rolled over and over again in my head. Most claim it to be folklore, but there is definite room to argue. My mother claims that I weighed less when I was born.

Ninety-three percent of summer had faded into the past, along with beach visits, hockey games, and glasses of lemonade. Sure you could drink lemonade all year round, but no one can deny that it just isn’t the same. Four cups of cold H20 over one cup of the high-concentrated fructose powder. How it did make my days! The sweet savory sugar slurped down with every sip; an alliteration of the senses, I say. A joining of the greatest forces of pleasure churning into an all-powerful unit of joy.

“It’s just water and powder,” she’d say, mocking my utmost enjoyment. But it wasn’t just water and powder, it was bliss. A purple rose in a sea of daises. A sun gleaming in a twilight sky. And soon, it would be gone.

One-hundred fifty four school days to two-hundred eleven off days seemed an unfair ratio in favor of education. It wasn’t until you experienced those one-hundred fifty four long, monotonous days, one thousand seventy-eight unending hours, sixty four thousand six hundred eighty minutes of unadulterated torture, three million eight hundred eighty thousand eight hundred ticking seconds, that you understood why off days stood with such an advantage.

Now just six measly days of autonomy before reentering the enemy organization and undergoing intense, enforced training by its tyrannical leaders. No water breaks, no sleeping, measly portions of nearly fodder. Unethical organized activity! It should be a federal offense!

And now I just stare, my forty-twenty vision exercising its greatest feats. It is worse than imagined. The statistic came back... Five hundred fifty four pages, three and six hundred fifty-nine thousandths inches thick, seven and two tenths pounds, 311,298 words, 1,556,490 letters and punctuation marks. Mechanical. Had I been unconscious, it would have rolled off the tongue with the same aptness. Three and six hundred fifty-nine thousandths inches thick. I grabbed for my pocket measuring apparatus and put it to use. And it was. Three and six hundred fifty-nine thousandths inches thick unerringly.

I outstretched my clammy hand a felt the thickness and magnitude for the first time. It alone seemed to completely and utterly suck the life out of the room. And to think I would have to use this contraption to engender the aspirations of my superiors! Not in this life! I shun their aspirations. I shun their beliefs. I shun them! Let them sit upon their thrones and gawk at their naïve recruits! Let them sing their hypnotic melodies and release their wrath upon the underling! Not I. Not this year; I refuse!

Of course, my mother would never allow it. I would have to revolt against her will; rise up to my own beliefs and standards. We live in a democracy! Why not exploit the right of a protest? I could snub her bossing methods; dodge her accusing digit. What does she know? She doesn’t even attend. But it is clear I cannot outsmart her authority.

Sabotage? Am I mad? Give the golden transport flat tires? Kidnap the first in command? Place the educator’s desk into a wood chipper? It could work. Yes, if I play my cards correctly, I could gain manipulation over the establishment and obliterate the entire system! It’s full-proof! Along with other despairing pupils, I could build an army that could bring the institution into total annihilation! Ha ha ha!

Little Billy Fontaine was just a six days away from the first day of third grade. Sure school was quickly approaching, but he had a plan that could not fail. He quietly removed his bunny slippers, crawled into bed, and drifted into a daze, for the two hundred and forty-second time this year.

+++++++++++++

Hope you all enjoyed!! Please R/R ;)

Ohhh that was just hysterical. I loved it! I like the whole almost .... satiracal feel of it.

“It’s just water and powder,” she’d say, mocking my utmost enjoyment. But it wasn’t just water and powder, it was bliss. A purple rose in a sea of daises. A sun gleaming in a twilight sky. And soon, it would be gone.

That's just a perfect description! :D *sigh* purple rose in a sea of daises ;) Wonderful.

Of course, my mother would never allow it. I would have to revolt against her will; rise up to my own beliefs and standards. We live in a democracy! Why not exploit the right of a protest? I could snub her bossing methods; dodge her accusing digit. What does she know? She doesn’t even attend. But it is clear I cannot outsmart her authority.

:lol: that made me laugh. Cute. I can totally remember thinking that. My mother NEVER understands. I'l so for the protest :lol:

Little Billy Fontaine was just a six days away from the first day of third grade. Sure school was quickly approaching, but he had a plan that could not fail. He quietly removed his bunny slippers, crawled into bed, and drifted into a daze, for the two hundred and forty-second time this year.

Ohh the poor boy, wait till he gets to high school :lol:

That was a wonderful short fic. Snappy and to the point. I like it :smiley: Good luck in the contest :smiley:
--Mandy :angelic:

that was adorable. i had no clue it was a little boy until the end :lol: the little prankster :P

i was only confused a little about htis part. is the boko 659,000 inches thick? :blink:

Tenderbear said:
Three and six hundred fifty-nine thousandths inches thick. I grabbed for my pocket measuring apparatus and put it to use. And it was. Three and six hundred fifty-nine thousandths inches thick unerringly.
[post="963117"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Alias Anna said:
that was adorable. i had no clue it was a little boy until the end :lol: the little prankster :P

i was only confused a little about htis part. is the boko 659,000 inches thick? :blink:
[post="988414"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

No no. It says "Three and six hundred fifty-nine thousandths." As in 3.659 inches thick. 659,000 inches thick would be one BIG text book. :D

Back