SD-1 Refugee Thread-The Sequel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh prime, that's so wonderful!!!! Oh my gosh - what a whirlwind for you these few days but for them to have removed all they need to for him to be healthy... that's incredible. :smooch: :hug: :clap: :groupwave: I have no idea what the smileys are, still. :lol: :happydance:

Thank you, Prime, for coming by to keep us updated. It really is the best news I've heard all week!

I get to go home tomorrow!! I don't mind Texas, but it's weird not living in your own house, you know? If I had my own place, with my own bed, it would be different. I mean, I have my own bed here -- I don't have to share with anyone, but it's not my bed, you know?

I'm excited.

:eek:ldhi:

I went running at sea level today :lov ely: All that oxygen! : lol:
I had to drop :fire man: off at the airport today : ( I hated that... we kind of enjoyed that those airport scenes were past us!
:lol:

:console: Hope he had a safe flight!

I applied for two jobs today - probably out of my league, but oh well, nothing lost by applying, right? Both are with a biomedical lab in Cambridge, one as a PA and the other as an Accounts Officer. I never mentioned about the third job, did I? Ages ago, I enquired about an Italian language job which Dad had spotted online, advertised through a recruitment agency. It turned out I couldn't fit the hours in with my current job, so I didn't pursue it (plus the commute would have been the same difficulty or worse than my current one). Well the lady must have kept my details, as she rang my house Monday afternoon, and as I was out, she tried my cellphone (my old one, I've since changed it). I managed to contact her on yesterday, and it's for an Italian Market Analyst with Reuters (the Data division, rather than the news). It's still in Devon (so same county), but a different town. Problem is, the job is in a town east of [city], and I live in a village on the west of [city]... so I either need to learn to drive and then have a fairly longish drive each day, or move to the town and rent somewhere there. It's not a lot more money than I'm on now, but a) it's using my Italian, b) it's sounding more interesting and challenging than what I'm doing now, and c) people know Reuters, so it might have more clout than my current company (although in the road industry, people will know my company).

I'll keep you posted!
Good luck! :smooch:

Those must have been some superpowered :telepat h:'s because psych wasn't too bad. : relieved: I talked to one of the girls in my class after since we finished at the same time and we both had a lot of Cs in a row and Bs in a row. : relieved: And we answered similarly for the short answer. 😌

And I'm done, I'm done, I'm done, I'm done. :t hud: :g roupwave: :rea llyexcited: :j ump: : reallyexcited: :ha ppydance: : confetti:
:confetti: Doesn't that feel great?

I used to partake in the 12 of 12 business. I did it a few times, anyway. I always forget to do it myself, but I enjoy sneaking peeks at other people's lives. I rarely comment, though. I only comment if I have something worthwhile to say. Otherwise, I just feel dumb. : shrug:

:eek:l dhi:
You shouldn't feel dumb at all! I usually don't comment on everyone's page, just a few. :nod:

Time for bed :yaw n:. Didn't manage to get much done other than read nearly all the 12 of 12 posts, and shower :lo l:.

But it's past my bedtime and tomorrow's an early morning, so night folks! :scoo ter:
You'll have at least one new one tomorrow. :whistle: :lol: Sleep sweet!

: relieved: Surgery is over... they got the cancer (and a gallbladder full of gallstones), and there was no metastasis (which does mean spreading to other parts of the body). He'll be in intensive care for a couple of days, but things look good. :reli eved: :c ry: : relieved:

Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers... : group:

I'll be back a little later tonight. : hi:
That's wonderful news Prime. I hope he heals up quickly! :telepath:

:blush: I meant to leave some :telepath: for Helen about her job search, but I think I forgot. I'm sorry, Helen. The Reuters job sounds pretty awesome! :w00t: Good luck!

Dudes... the crazy fans of Jericho have gotten CBS to use the show as a midseason replacement! :w00t: We're guaranteed seven episodes! And the first season comes out on Sept. 25! This is great news.

Wednesday is turning out to be a very good news day! :nod:

Thank you, Prime, for coming by to keep us updated. It really is the best news I've heard all week!
I get to go home tomorrow!! I don't mind Texas, but it's weird not living in your own house, you know? If I had my own place, with my own bed, it would be different. I mean, I have my own bed here -- I don't have to share with anyone, but it's not my bed, you know?

I'm excited.
Oh yeah, I totally know what you mean. Are you done there for good?

:console: Hope he had a safe flight!
Thanks! He did, he's back home and he said Kitty was completely uninterested in him but is waiting for me to come home :lol:

Oh Mellie! Guess who is on David Letterman tonight?!
Bear Grylls! :whistle: It's so funny, I'm so related to my sister.. I looked through her yearbook and several people signed her yearbook with, "Dear [sisternsspense] Grylls,..." :lol: I didn't even know she watched the show!

I'm so glad surgery was successful, prime :hug: :smooch: 😌

If you guys don't mind, could you send up a prayer or two for my brother? The one in Iraq? Today (well, where he is) the 14th, is his birthday. He's away from everyone, has the flu, and it's 120 degrees :( He's been away for many days without contacting us because he was on missions, but now he's back at his base and feeling awful. Thank you :hug:

my prime said:
😌 Surgery is over... they got the cancer (and a gallbladder full of gallstones), and there was no metastasis (which does mean spreading to other parts of the body). He'll be in intensive care for a couple of days, but things look good. 😌 :cry: 😌

Thank you again for all your thoughts and prayers... :group:

I'll be back a little later tonight. :hi:
I know you know this already...but I am so incredibly :woot:-ful that things are looking so good. 😌 :happydance: :groupwave: :hallelujah:

And some great big :smooch: :smooch: for you :love:.

I'm back to work. Will someone do me a favor and kill me, please?

:hi:

:eek:ldhi:

😌 Surgery is over... they got the cancer (and a gallbladder full of gallstones), and there was no metastasis (which does mean spreading to other parts of the body). He'll be in intensive care for a couple of days, but things look good. 😌 :cry: 😌

Oh Prime! I am so happy to hear that the surgery went well! I've been praying for you guys all day. Lots and lots of healing :telepath: for your dad and lots more 🙏 for him, you and the rest of your family. :hug: :smooch: You're in my thoughts and prayers.

So, finals are done and I think I pulled a 4.0! :woot: And, um, there were some MAJOR developments with that cute guy in my classes today....

Alrighty.... so I've been talking to this guy a lot lately and I was really sad that the term was ending. Today was the final for one of the classes I had with him, so it was the last day I'd be seeing him. Or so I thought. :whistle: We both got there early so we went into an empty room and were going to do some last minute studying, but we ended up mostly talking. When it was time to get to our class, I went and sat in my usual seat and, instead of him sitting in his usual seat which was across the room, he came and sat next to me. Needless to say, I was happy. :lol: Anyway, we both finished about the same time and so we walked out together. While we were walking he asked me when I was moving back to Washington and I told him it wouldn't be until Labor Day weekend. He then asked me what my plans were for the summer and if I'd be around. I told him I was just planning on working but that I would definitely be around. He was like good because I really want to hang out with you so here's my number... call me and we can do something!!! :woot: I was super happy because I had been debating whether or not to casually give him my number, but I didn't want to look stupid or anything you know? So he made it easy! :lol:

So yeah. That's my news. I'm happy. :D

ETA: Apparently spoiler tags don't work over here... :thinking:

ETAA: Lots of 🙏 and :telepath: for your brother as well, Nsspense. I hope he gets to feeling better soon. :hug:

Oh yeah, I totally know what you mean. Are you done there for good?

If you guys don't mind, could you send up a prayer or two for my brother? The one in Iraq? Today (well, where he is) the 14th, is his birthday. He's away from everyone, has the flu, and it's 120 degrees :( He's been away for many days without contacting us because he was on missions, but now he's back at his base and feeling awful. Thank you :hug:
Not for good. I'm not officially done with my job until late August. :( It's not so bad. I just want my bed and my dog, dangit! :rolleyes:

Oh, yes. Consider it done. :telepath: 🙏 :telepath: 🙏

Hooray, Lucky! :w00t:

Surgery is over... they got the cancer (and a gallbladder full of gallstones), and there was no metastasis (which does mean spreading to other parts of the body). He'll be in intensive care for a couple of days, but things look good.

That's wonderful news, Prime.

Just rubbed my nose and it's started to bleed. :o_O:

Oy, the money we are getting back from refinancing the house and my dad wants a riding lawnmower. Not a cheap lawnmower a very expensive lawnmower about 32 hundred. My mom had told him that we will only have 300.00 left from that money (after paying all the bills off) She also wanted to do is pay the insurance and put some money away. This riding lawnmower is a commercial and to me it looks like a huge black bug. Send my dad to sears a big, big mistake. I wish we can tell him that we should just buy a normal size riding lawnmower just like the one we have now.

riding lawnmower That's what my dad wants.

Thanks! He did, he's back home and he said Kitty was completely uninterested in him but is waiting for me to come home : lol:

Oh Mellie! Guess who is on David Letterman tonight?!
Bear Grylls! :whis tle: It's so funny, I'm so related to my sister.. I looked through her yearbook and several people signed her yearbook with, "Dear [sisternsspense] Grylls,..." : lol: I didn't even know she watched the show!

If you guys don't mind, could you send up a prayer or two for my brother? The one in Iraq? Today (well, where he is) the 14th, is his birthday. He's away from everyone, has the flu, and it's 120 degrees : ( He's been away for many days without contacting us because he was on missions, but now he's back at his base and feeling awful. Thank you :hu g:
Good, and I'm sure both he and Kitty miss you lots.

Ooh! I'll have to Tivo that! Thanks! The new shows start Friday, right? :smiley: She must be a big fan if she's already using Grylls as her last name. :lol: Too funny!

Aww, that's not the place to be sick! :Pinch: :telepath: I hope he's feeling much better soon! :telepath: I'll definitely be thinking about him!

I'm back to work. Will someone do me a favor and kill me, please?

: hi:
Absolutely not! We'd miss you too much! :smooch:

So, finals are done and I think I pulled a 4.0! :rea llyexcited: And, um, there were some MAJOR developments with that cute guy in my classes today....

Alrighty.... so I've been talking to this guy a lot lately and I was really sad that the term was ending. Today was the final for one of the classes I had with him, so it was the last day I'd be seeing him. Or so I thought. :whist le: We both got there early so we went into an empty room and were going to do some last minute studying, but we ended up mostly talking. When it was time to get to our class, I went and sat in my usual seat and, instead of him sitting in his usual seat which was across the room, he came and sat next to me. Needless to say, I was happy. : lol: Anyway, we both finished about the same time and so we walked out together. While we were walking he asked me when I was moving back to Washington and I told him it wouldn't be until Labor Day weekend. He then asked me what my plans were for the summer and if I'd be around. I told him I was just planning on working but that I would definitely be around. He was like good because I really want to hang out with you so here's my number... call me and we can do something!!! :reallyexcit ed: I was super happy because I had been debating whether or not to casually give him my number, but I didn't want to look stupid or anything you know? So he made it easy! :l ol:

So yeah. That's my news. I'm happy. : D
Congrats on being done with exams! :woot: for getting your guy's number. That's always fun! :smiley:

Alrighty.... so I've been talking to this guy a lot lately and I was really sad that the term was ending. Today was the final for one of the classes I had with him, so it was the last day I'd be seeing him. Or so I thought. :whistle: We both got there early so we went into an empty room and were going to do some last minute studying, but we ended up mostly talking. When it was time to get to our class, I went and sat in my usual seat and, instead of him sitting in his usual seat which was across the room, he came and sat next to me. Needless to say, I was happy. :lo l: Anyway, we both finished about the same time and so we walked out together. While we were walking he asked me when I was moving back to Washington and I told him it wouldn't be until Labor Day weekend. He then asked me what my plans were for the summer and if I'd be around. I told him I was just planning on working but that I would definitely be around. He was like good because I really want to hang out with you so here's my number... call me and we can do something!!! :reallyexc ited: I was super happy because I had been debating whether or not to casually give him my number, but I didn't want to look stupid or anything you know? So he made it easy! :lo l:

ETAA: Lots of :Pra y: and :tel epath: for your brother as well, Nsspense. I hope he gets to feeling better soon. :h ug:
Oooh yay! How nice that he made it easy for you! :woot:

Thank you :hug:

Not for good. I'm not officially done with my job until late August. :( It's not so bad. I just want my bed and my dog, dangit! :rolleyes:

Oh, yes. Consider it done. :telep ath: : pray: :tel epath: :P ray:
Ok, I thought it was for the whole summer.

Thank you :smooch:

Ooh! I'll have to Tivo that! Thanks! The new shows start Friday, right? : ) She must be a big fan if she's already using Grylls as her last name. :lol : Too funny!

Aww, that's not the place to be sick! :Pin ch: :t elepath: I hope he's feeling much better soon! :tel epath: I'll definitely be thinking about him!
Yes! They start Friday and I think he begins in the Everglades.

Thanks! :hug:

Oh, 5x5, I'm sorry you have a lot to do :Pinch: I hope it goes super fast! :hug: No, we will not be killing you or anything close to that, I'm sorry. You are stuck with all of us. Nothing can be done about it :smiley:

Aw, thank goodness. :hug: :telepath: I'm glad things are looking up.

Oh, 5x5, I'm sorry you have a lot to do :Pinch: I hope it goes super fast! :hug: No, we will not be killing you or anything close to that, I'm sorry. You are stuck with all of us. Nothing can be done about it :smiley:
It's true that we cannot kill you. I'm terribly sorry, but you provide us with great entertainment and comfort. You must stay with us. :( :lol: I'm sorry you have so much to do, though! :( :console:

G'night, JSF. :hug:

Linds, I'm glad you were able to get things worked out. I hope you have a good day tomorrow. :hug: :smooch:
Thanks. It feels quite nice to have one less stressor on my mind. My day was okay today. Kinda boring, but I feel guilty about that because the staff at the Adult Day Program (its like group therapy that runs 5 days a week from 9-3:30) were so so nice and helpful. But I really really miss the psychiatric unit. I only get 5 more days there this semester and its just not enough. I really hope I get this job at forensics because I'll be getting more experience in a similar setting. I also miss having my teacher there all day long. She's so nice and helpful. I really like her.

I'm glad your father is doing okay. Many many :telepath: 's for him to make a speedy and full recovery. It was in his colon, right? I hope he didn't have to get an ostomy. That's never fun. :telepath: :telepath:

just 🛴-ing by to leave some 😌 :clap: for Prime..I am so glad things went well..and lots of :telepath: that the rest of his therapy goes well

quiet tonight

I've been busy searching for pictures of me and my father to put in a frame for father's day. It was so hard to find one. Its pretty sad how few pictures there are of the two of us. But I found an okay one, scanned, enlarged and cropped it and printed it out. My printer isn't very good, but I hope it will look good enough in a frame.

Hi everyone, does anyone know what happened to SD 1? I got no email about it going down etc, and I've been following several great fanfiction stories over there. Sniff now I can't read them any more. Anyone know if it's down for good?

I would tell you, but some people dont want us talking about it.

Has anyone seen Luke around? He got totally slapped around at the SD temp boards. I'm hoping he isn't too hurt.

Oh, if anyone wants to hang around the temp boards, here's the link: http://z6.invisionfree.com/SD1_Temp/index.php?act=idx
I'm just posting it becuase I think a lot of people lost the link. There was a thread for chatting in there, but it got deleted.

I would tell you, but some people dont want us talking about it.

Has anyone seen Luke around? He got totally slapped around at the SD temp boards. I'm hoping he isn't too hurt.

Oh, if anyone wants to hang around the temp boards, here's the link: http://z6.invisionfree.com/SD1_Temp/index.php?act=idx
I'm just posting it becuase I think a lot of people lost the link. There was a thread for chatting in there, but it got deleted.
Thanks, Linds. I've lost all of my favorites on firefox and even that link. :hug:

Someone has a birthday coming up tomorrow. I noticed at myspace. :smiley:

eta: I thought I was register there and I guess not. :Ponder:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back