SD-1 Refugees #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Waterlily, I think that you should audition as the interim-replacement for Dave Barry for his weekly humor column . . . he's going on sabbatical in a few weeks . . .

eta - Hi :eek:ldhi:, tredder!! :hug:

:eek:ldhi: Hey guys! :hi:

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I know I sure did! I'm not going to be hungry again atleast for another week or so. ^_^

Well I'm going off to bed now. Got a LONG and hectic day ahead of me tomorrow. After Thanksgiving day sales alway make me a little crazy. :o_O: But the deals are worth it..(y)

Night! :asleep:

:yawn: Good morning thread :eek:ldhi: :D

Let me get this straight. American French toast is not actually the same thing as French toast. But French toast has "subtleties." Because American (non-French) toast is just a slice of bread that you stick in the toaster for a few minutes, then slather on margarine and, if you desire, jelly. What, DSGE, would you call that? Toast americain or something?

I think i would call that a Tartine :lol: What we call toast is used for paté or foie gras or for small appetizers... ;) But it can depend of the type of bread you use too... :P :lol:

We aren't the kind of family that prays before every meal. We're more the type of family that only ever prays before meals on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easter. As a result, Littlest Sprout, at the tender age of three, doesn't have a lot of praying under his belt. So when we sat down for dinner this afternoon, and I told the sprouts not to eat anything until we'd said grace, it shouldn't have been all that surprising that he'd quickly shout out, "Grace, grace, grace!" and shove a forkful of sweet potatoes into his mouth.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's something i could do... :lol:

:eek:ldhi: thread! Good morning! :sun: :sun:

ETA:
Happy turkey day!

Anyone know the status of sd-1? I get an error page now and I don't have a link to sd-3.

BamBam, here's a link for all of your sd-3 needs:
SD-3

In case anyone wants to know, the Web address is www.sd-3.com. Pretty easy stuff. :lol:

Morning everyone! hugs!!

5x5- Glad that you had a good day yesterday.

A Kitten. YAY!!!! A suggestion- BideaWee, has a location in Manhattan. They are a non-profit, no kill shelter that I volunteer at, here in Long Island. They usually have many kittens to choose from. This is not particularly kitten season though. The cats and kittens are already vet checked and have their shots and are already neutered there as well. Spring is usually the start of kitten season, but give them a call. They have a website too. I am sooo happy for all of you. big hugs!!

Har

Har said:
Morning everyone! hugs!!

5x5- Glad that you had a good day yesterday.

A Kitten. YAY!!!! A suggestion- BideaWee, has a location in Manhattan. They are a non-profit, no kill shelter that I volunteer at, here in Long Island. They usually have many kittens to choose from. This is not  particularly kitten season though. The cats and kittens are already vet checked and have their shots and are already neutered there as well. Spring is usually the start of kitten season, but give them a call. They have a website too. I am sooo happy for all of you. big hugs!!

Har
[post="1082353"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:eek:ldhi: Har! Thanks so much for the suggestion--it's a good one! We'll definitely check it out. (You know, I remember the Bide-a-Wee commercials from when I was a kid. Are they in Port Washington? :thinking:)

I would love to have a kitten, but I'm also open to getting a younger cat. I know kittens are the more in-demand animals to adopt but it all depends on who connects with us!

ETA: Two things:

My 500th post! :shocked: :shocked: Boy, I talk a lot! :lol:

Har, this is your big cooking day, isn't it? Hope it's a good, good one for you.

Hi everyone! Sorry I left so abruptly on Wednesday, but Jo-hubby was in need of my immediate attention and then, well, you know how it goes. Before I knew it, it was bedtime! :asleep:

Thanksgiving was here yesterday and went well. But, today is putting up the Christmas Decorations day and jo-hubby is still :asleep: , so I'm free to catch up with everyone.

Har! Today is your cooking day huh?? What are your fave things to cook?

And 5x5, I hope lil 5x5 is feeling better. Did you watch the parade on TV? I saw very little of it (trying to get house/dinner ready) but I heard it was good.

Anyone fighting the mobs at the mall today?

Jo :D

jo12 said:
And 5x5, I hope lil 5x5 is feeling better. Did you watch the parade on TV? I saw very little of it (trying to get house/dinner ready) but I heard it was good.

Jo :D
[post="1082390"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
:eek:ldhi: jo! :hug: Good luck with decorating today! Mr 5x5 refuses to accept that Christmas is just around the corner until it's actually December, so we'll decorate on Friday night. Christmas decorations are a really big deal--we have boxes and boxes full!

There is no way in hell anyone could pay me to go near a mall today. I'm not a fan of malls to begin with, so add the crazed crowds and the protesters outside our mall today (protesting the plan to build the Nets arena) and I want to stay as far away as possible. In fact, we're going to the children's museum today. :lol:

There is no way in hell anyone could pay me to go near a mall today.  I'm not a fan of malls to begin with, so add the crazed crowds and the protesters outside our mall today (protesting the plan to build the Nets arena) and I want to stay as far away as possible.  In fact, we're going to the children's museum today. :lol:
[post="1082417"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

A Children's museum sounds like fun! I've been to the one in Philadelphia and Ann Arbor MI but that's about it. Our kids always loved it.

I used to go shopping early on the day after Thanksgiving, but it was NEVER worth it. Now, I just don't care enough to even try. My best friend goes every year with her family and shops from dawn til dusk. No, I'm not kidding! It's a tradition while the men go and shoot deer. (Deer hunting is a huge thing here in MI)

I'm not taking out all the Christmas boxes this year. I don't feel like putting it all away after Christmas. Too lazy :cool:

Jo

jo12 said:
[post="1082390"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I was actually planning to be at Best Buy at 5:30 this morning, but then I discovered I could get what I wanted on Best Buy's website for the same sale price! :smiley: The $5.99 for shipping was well worth not having to stand in line at that hour of the morning and fight the crowds!

There are actually a few things I may venture out for today, but I'm waiting until around 8:30 or 9 to head out. I need to hit the grocery store, too, but that place is pretty dead the day after Thanksgiving - everyone has tons of food and they're all at the mall anyway! :lol: All I had to cook was yams, and we went to hubby's aunt's house for dinner, so no leftovers here. Which is kind of a bummer - we both wanted something to eat around 10 last night and thought a turkey sandwich would have tasted mighty good! LOL I may have to cook a small turkey or a chicken this week. ;)

Amy! How smart of you to check online. I've been doing that this morning, but they don't have all the same stuff at other stores (target, Kohl's, etc.) so you are lucky to have found what you want!

Glad you had a great turkey day!

Hi to prime too 👋

Jo

Aliasfix said:
Check this site:  Black Friday (such an ominous name!)

They list every sale for every store, and if you can get it online, there's a link.  Very handy!
[post="1082449"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Thanks - I'll go take a peek now!

Jo

What I hate is I keep seeing sale items that I want for me! No one else I know is shopping today, so I can't say - hey - here's an idea for me for Christmas - it will be gone! And I'm not supposed to be spending money on myself - I have gifts to buy! :lol:

But Sears and Target both have some really good deals on clothing that I'd sure like to take advantage of.

Aliasfix said:
What I hate is I keep seeing sale items that I want for me!  No one else I know is shopping today, so I can't say - hey - here's an idea for me for Christmas - it will be gone!  And I'm not supposed to be spending money on myself - I have gifts to buy!  :lol:

But Sears and Target both have some really good deals on clothing that I'd sure like to take advantage of.
[post="1082471"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I wish I was at the sales however I have no cash currently without breaking into the bank account....rrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back