Season 4 Season 4 Self Contained?????

Do you want season 4 to be self contained?

• Yes, I want to watch 1 episode on dvd and be content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO!, What was JJ thinking, I love cliff hangers! :wub:

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris27

Cadet
Greg Grunberg said on Alias Media that season 4 eps will be self contained... that is stupid that is what makes ALIAS so fun and addictive to watch. You want to see what happens next and you get involved in the storyline. Self contained eps would be boring. Wouldnt this make it lose fans cuz ppl wouldnt get as caught up in the show!? Plz tell me this isnt true!?

That would defeat the purpose of waiting until January so that they can eliminate gaps between episodes. Alias is an arc-driven series and if they suddenly depart from this, they're likely to irritate/infuriate their fan base. Sounds like more network tinkering to me . . . First, getting rid of cliffhangers, now self-contained episodes? Why bring in someone like Bell if you're going to do that? I sincerely hope that he's mistaken or spreading disinformation. -_-
✌️

I am praying that that is not true! I hope that JJ knows better than to do that..how could he not know that that woulod make the fans angry!!!

Yeah I hope this is faulty info. It also said that they will begin filming for new episodes this month... arent they gonna wait till like December or January to start filming for the next season since that is when it is starting now? So it makes me think that it may not be true and this information is wrong.

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>personally, i think that its good for them to have time between the episodes. Usually at the end of each episode, there is some suspense, and its kind fun waiting untill next week to see what happens to the characters, it makes it more fun. And now we have to wait untill JANUARY. Thats 6 whole months without ALIAS. i dont know what im going to do without it. besides, nobody really said that they wanted the pisodes to be like this, so why did he go and decide just to make them like this on his own? JJ Abrams should have at least asked the ALIAS lovers and viewers what they thought of that. I think that most of the people would think that it should be like last season...and that it should be on sunday nights. some people cant watch ALIAS at 10:00 on wednesdays. its great on sundays at 9:00...thats not too late. JJ, ASK US, THE VIEWERS, WHAT WE WANT NEXT TIME YOU GO AND CHANGE THE TIME, DAY, AND DATE OF THE BEST SHOW EVER, ALIAS. thanx! :D </span>

verdantheart said:
That would defeat the purpose of waiting until January so that they can eliminate gaps between episodes. Alias is an arc-driven series and if they suddenly depart from this, they're likely to irritate/infuriate their fan base. Sounds like more network tinkering to me . . . First, getting rid of cliffhangers, now self-contained episodes? Why bring in someone like Bell if you're going to do that? I sincerely hope that he's mistaken or spreading disinformation.  -_-
✌️
woah, V what?
they are getting rid of cliffhanger?!?!?!

ok and i just read the little thing they have @ alias -media
and ok getting rid of rambadli - ok this is a goodthing
making eppys self contained... NO! see the part of alias that makes it good is all the suspense. they have to have some interlocking storyline there or all the fans will get bored. i understand that they could kinda wanna do that b/c now someone cant just sit and watch an eppy with out being confused as all hell but still..
i think we need a better definition of "self contained"

Not counting the season-enders, they haven't had many episode-ending cliffhangers since the first season.
;)

aliaslover4life91 said:
<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>personally, i think that its good for them to have time between the episodes. Usually at the end of each episode, there is some suspense, and its kind fun waiting untill next week to see what happens to the characters, it makes it more fun. And now we have to wait untill JANUARY. Thats 6 whole months without ALIAS. i dont know what im going to do without it. besides, nobody really said that they wanted the pisodes to be like this, so why did he go and decide just to make them like this on his own? JJ Abrams should have at least asked the ALIAS lovers and viewers what they thought of that. I think that most of the people would think that it should be like last season...and that it should be on sunday nights. some people cant watch ALIAS at 10:00 on wednesdays. its great on sundays at 9:00...thats not too late. JJ, ASK US, THE VIEWERS, WHAT WE WANT NEXT TIME YOU GO AND CHANGE THE TIME, DAY, AND DATE OF THE BEST SHOW EVER, ALIAS. thanx! :D </span>
The problem was it was more than a week--it was sometimes 3 weeks. And by complaining so loudly about the gaps (and people I heard a LOT OF VERY LOUD COMPLAINING!!!) you said just that--that you wanted the gaps removed, which meant a later start date--that, or a lousier show (lots fewer locations). And, what do you mean "like last season"? With sub-par writing? With people griping constantly about the waits? I'd rather they take their time, get their act together, and put together a product equal or better to the first two seasons.
;)

Ack - so by self-contained, they mean it will be like the 1/2 hour sitcom where the certain episodes main problem will be solved at the end of the hour? Um, how about ... no.

<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->Hey guys -- good news -- it isn't true. ^_^ I freaked out about it too, and there was a lengthy debate at the Alias_TV Yahoo! Group about it... We just recently got some relieving news from "spoilers" at SD-1. Which is why this is in a spoiler tag. :lol: Click here: Board Message<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

Ta da! :D

Les

Most TV dramas, especially the popular ones (Buffy, Angel, even CSI to a degree) have storylines that continue episode to episode, mostly connected with the character's personal experience and perspective rather than the action. Many people don't like a convoluted X-Files approach where the plot is one question on top of another until the answer is ten more questions. Many people might not like the particular direction of a plot line (ummm... I think someone mentioned the Vaughn/Lauren marriage) and in a strictly serialized format (also like 24) it takes a month of episodes or more for them to get their foot out of the plot they stepped into... sometimes they hurry and it looks foolish... and sometimes they never correct it.

I don't think "self-contained" means Sydney shooting the bad guys at the end of every episode like the old Gunsmoke. I think it means on the action side that the characters... okay, Sydney... will be given a critical job that HAS to be completed (not just find the code on the disk in the wall at the fortress) to save something important, not just Vaughn.

Or maybe they can change gears completely and go for an entire episode of something different without inching forward a dozen loose ends. Jennifer Garner's acting (as well as everyone else’s) might actually get a workout in a broader range.

verdantheart said:
Not counting the season-enders, they haven't had many episode-ending cliffhangers since the first season.
;)
oh i c - but still i LOVED those eppy cliffhangers in first season they kicked!

Leslie said:
<!--spoilerbs--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>SPOILER </td></tr><tr><td id='SPOILER'><!--spoilerbe-->Hey guys -- good news -- it isn't true. ^_^ I freaked out about it too, and there was a lengthy debate at the Alias_TV Yahoo! Group about it... We just recently got some relieving news from "spoilers" at SD-1. Which is why this is in a spoiler tag. :lol: Click here: Board Message<!--spoileres--></td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'><!--spoileree-->

Ta da! :D

Les
Ah, thankies for clearing that up. Someone needs to learn the distinction between self-contained and better continuation. :lol:

I wouldn't mind to have one running story line and then one story each ep. i think it might be good. but hten again, it could kill ALIAS.

WHAT WAS JJ ABRAMS THINKING!!! I love the cliffhanger endings, but if it makes the show better, i shouldn't complain.

We haven't even been getting "cliffhanger" endings. A cliffhanger is NOT a story arc--which is what we have had . . . stories that continue throughout the season. We haven't had many cliffhangers since the first season, when, BTW the ratings were higher (hint, hint?). One of the few cliffhangers we had this season was when Sydney was forced to stab Vaughn to save his life. In season 2, it was when Sydney was trapped beneath the ice. However, in season 1, they happened on a weekly basis, from Jack being handed a gun and told to kill his daughter, to Sydney being hauled away because she's fingered as the woman of the prophecy. ;)
✌️

no :wtf: is abc or whoever came up with this insane idea?!??!

unless they mean like 'more selfcontained' as in more than this season... its gonna suck real bad :thinking: :(

The network's too focused on gaining ratings rather than keeping fans <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back