She Will Be Loved

Title: She Will Be Loved
Author: Julia47Thorne
Rating: pg-13
Summary: Syd and Vaughn are best friends from childhood. Now in highschool, Sydney's problems change from broken Barbie's to unworthy sometimes violent boyfriends. Vaughn is always there to wipe her tears, but he secretly wishes they were more than 'just friends'. Could they be something more?

Chapter 1

Seven year old Sydney Bristow sat at a picnic table located on the edge of the playground at her elementary school. It was a hot day in California and she was wearing a light pink sundress, her chestnut hair pulled into pigtails. Contently playing with her newest Barbie doll she didn’t notice one of her classmates, Lauren Reed join her at the table. Everyone in Sydney’s grade new that girl was a brat. Today Lauren wore a dress similar to Sydney’s except it was blue and from Lacoste. Both Sydney and Lauren’s parents were of the rich upper class. The two girls were a like only by the amount of money their family possessed. However their upbringings were completely different. Lauren’s parents had brought her up to be a snobby rich girl who was used to getting anything she wanted when she politely asked. She had her parents wrapped around her little finger, so she got used to getting what she wanted even when she was told no by throwing a huge temper tantrum. Sydney on the other hand was brought up to be a nice girl who was always polite. Even thought she got mostly what she wanted, she had no need for an attitude or a temper. This particular day Lauren had noticed Sydney had gotten a new Barbie and she suddenly wanted it. She wanted the brand new Malibu Barbie and she would stop at nothing to get it, and if she didn’t, she would make Sydney suffer. Rebecca had sat down opposite Sydney and was eyeing her new doll. Sydney was aware of her staring and looked up.
“Hi.” Syd shyly, still clutching her Malibu Barbie in one hand.
“Hey Syd, Wow you got one of those new Malibu Barbies?” Lauren replied holding herself back from grabbing the doll out of Sydney’s hands. Sydney’s only reply was to nod her head. She wasn’t big on talking to people that intimidated her.
“Do you think I could play with her?” Rebecca asked with a fake angelic look plastered on her face. She should have been smarter to know that Sydney knew a fake look when she saw it.
“I don’t think so. My mommy told me not to let anyone else play with her cause she’s new.”
“Well, is your mommy here? I don’t see her anywhere.” Rebecca was sure she had Sydney wrapped around her little finger.
“No, I don’t see her here, but I don’t want you to play with my Barbie either.”
Rebecca was fuming, her last nerve ready to burst. She clenched her teeth down, holding in a scream. Rebecca’s sudden change of mood was evident and Sydney slowly started edging her way off the bench.
“Sorry Lauren, I just don’t want you to.” She tried to be polite and get away from her as fast as she could, but it was too late. Rebecca lunged forward, snatching Syd’s Barbie out of her hand and ripping its head off. She then threw the remains onto the picnic table, scratching the perfectly painted plastic, and with a final huff she stormed off to the swing set in search of something else she wanted or someone she felt like making miserable. A shocked and devastated Sydney was left at the table gently picking up her once flawless Barbie. A hard, painful lump formed in her throat and silent tears blurred her vision and even though she tried to blink them away they wouldn’t stop. Lightly shaking from trying to keep her sobs quiet so no one would notice, she sat facing away from her classmates on the same picnic table. This didn’t go unnoticed by her best friend Michael Vaughn. He jumped off the jungle gym and walked over to Sydney. He put his hand on her shoulder, which caused her to jump a little and look up at him. Michael Vaughn was eight years old. He had dark blonde hair and piercing green eyes that you believed could look into your soul. He had cheek and chin dimples and a smile that was contagious, as was hers. Mikey, as she liked to call him was always there for her when she needed him. He was the one that always understood her and knew how to make her smile when she was crying. Mikey took a seat next to her and waited a minute before speaking.
“Syd, I’m sorry stupid Lauren broke your Barbie.” He offered a smile that made her smile as well.
“Why does she have to be so mean Mikey? I didn’t do anything to her.” She pouted, her bottom lip sticking out slightly on the verge of tears again.
“I dunno Syddie, but please don’t cry! If you do I won’t be able to see your dimples that match with mine!” She giggled softly, her dimples finally appearing from her cheeks.
“Mikey you always know how to make me laugh. Promise me you’ll always be there for me?” She said, looking straight into his eyes.
“Yeah Syd, I’ll always be there for you, always.” He smiled pulling her into a hug.
“Pinky promise?” Syd smiled, holding out her pinky to him.
“Pinky promise.” He agreed and linked pinkies with his best friend.

:thinking: what do you guys think? please reply & be nice! :smiley: thanks

First! I like it so far. What's the time progression going to be? I like the idea of Sydney and Vaughn being friends as children. Please PM when you update!

awwww cute!!! :D

“Why does she have to be so mean Mikey? I didn’t do anything to her.” She pouted, her bottom lip sticking out slightly on the verge of tears again.
“I dunno Syddie, but please don’t cry! If you do I won’t be able to see your dimples that match with mine!” She giggled softly, her dimples finally appearing from her cheeks.
:love:

Pm me please

Aly..x

“Mikey you always know how to make me laugh. Promise me you’ll always be there for me?” She said, looking straight into his eyes.
“Yeah Syd, I’ll always be there for you, always.” He smiled pulling her into a hug.
“Pinky promise?” Syd smiled, holding out her pinky to him.
“Pinky promise.” He agreed and linked pinkies with his best friend.
Aww little Mikey to the rescue :lol: Great start. Please add me to your PM list.

Chapter 2

10 years later

They were 17 and 18 and both seniors in high school now. They were still friends ever since that day on the play ground. Michael was always there for Sydney when she needed him. Over the years her troubles had changed from torn off Barbie heads, to abusive boyfriends and family problems. He hated seeing her in pain, both emotionally and physically. Michael didn’t see how anyone could hurt someone as kind and beautiful as Sydney. She definitely didn’t deserve any of it and if he could have it his way, she would never have to worry or be scared about anything because he would be her significant other and love her with everything he had. But even though she has been hurt before, she keeps running back to bad guys who take advantage of her and scare her into staying with them. Michael knew that one day, he would finally make her see that she deserves more than what she has and he would tell her how much he’s loved her ever since he can remember.

It was Monday, the start of a new week and a pile of new drama at Beverly Hills high. Sydney finished applying the last bit of cover up to her wrist that her recent boyfriend had bruised. She tried to put that ordeal, and all of the others behind her, but it was hard to pretend like nothing ever happened. Her so called boyfriends start out being sweet and caring, but end up getting violent and abusive. She couldn’t remember the last time she had a boyfriend that didn’t hit her. Every time Syd’s boyfriend would get to violent she’d try and leave them but they wouldn’t let her until someone else intervened and got her out of the mess. The weird thing was that once she finally ended the troubled relationship with them, they didn’t bother her anymore. That was a big relief for her because the last thing she needed was some crazed lunatic stalking her. She put the finishing touches on her outfit and headed out to her car and drive to school. Sydney saw Michael pull out of his driveway just around the corner and beeped her horn a few times to get his attention. He looked over in the direction in which the honking came from and saw Syd. Whenever he saw her it made him want to cry, because he knew how much she was hurting inside. However, he didn’t want to bring anything up anymore, it was just too painful. He smiled and waved to her and she waved back with a full dimpled smile and continued driving the journey to school.

On the way to school, the sun was blazing into Sydney’s eyes so she got out her Chanel sunglasses and put them on to block out the intense rays. She finally got to school, beating most of the traffic and managed to get a good parking space at the school parking lot. Michael wasn’t too far behind her and pulled his car into the empty space beside her. They both grabbed they’re bags out of their cars and greeted each other with a friendly hug.
“Hey Syd, how are you doing?” He wanted to ask her why she would waste her time on such jerks, when he was standing right in front of her.
“I’m ok. Trying to deal with everything ya know?” She questioned. He nodded.
“Well, you know I’m always here if you need to talk. Remember our pinky promise in first grade?” He smiled.
“Oh my god! I totally forgot about that, even though we’ve kept our promise ever since. I can’t believe we actually stuck to that.” She laughed, remembering that day so clearly.
He chuckled, “I know, but I’m glad we stuck to it. We might not have been as close.”
“Yeah, I’m so glad we’re best friends!”
He agreed even though deep down he wanted to be something more. With that they both headed in to school, starting their week unaware of what the following weekend would bring.

It was Friday and school had already been out for several hours. Sydney was getting ready for a date with her boyfriend. It was the same boyfriend that had grabbed her wrist and plagued it with an ugly bruise. She decided to put that all behind her, for tonight at least. Maybe he changed. Sydney heard Noah’s car pull into her driveway and she quickly bounded down her winding staircase, knowing Noah didn’t like when she was late. They were going to a movie that night and then for a walk afterwards. The movie went by great, Noah was halfway decent and treated her fairly better than he has in the past. The walk after the movie however was different. The sky turned dark and it began to downpour. Sydney suggested they go back to the car, but Noah refused, telling her it was nothing but a mist and kept walking, ignoring the rain. They started off fine, until another guy looked at Sydney and smiled and Noah didn’t like it. Even though Sydney didn’t flirt back or even look at him, Noah took it out on her.
“Do you know that guy?” Noah spat with rage boiling in his voice.
“No, I think he goes to our school, but I’ve never talked to him before.” She was telling the truth, however Noah didn’t believe her.
“This happens every time we go out. Guys always check out MY girlfriend. I’m getting sick and tired of it now. I wanna know right now, what you do with these guys? Why they always check you out?” She saw his eyes turn dark and that scared her even more. He now had her by the wrist, holding on tightly.
“I don’t do anything!! I don’t even know who they are. Noah you’re hurting me!” She cried out frantically, starting to cry.
“STOP LIEING TO ME! WHY CAN’T YOU EVER TELL THE DAMN TRUTH?!” He went over the edge and wrapped his hand around her throat, constricting around her neck. She gasped for air and he held on until he thought she passed out. He dropped her to the ground like she was nothing and stormed off. Waiting a few minutes, Sydney lay there on the cold wet asphalt, coughing violently. Once her breath regulated she got up slowly and felt her throat that was burning and knew there would soon be a bruise there. Rain was still pouring down heavy and at first she forgot where she was. Remembering she had no car, she walked back to her street and instead of going to her house she ended up at Michael’s. She threw handfuls of rocks at his window, trying to get his attention. She was about to give up when his window opened and he saw her, drenched from head to toe and wearing nothing but a dress. Without saying anything he came downstairs opening the front door to his house. Immediately as the door swung open, Sydney lunged herself into his arms and clung to him as violent sobs took over her body. He didn’t need an explanation; he already knew it had to have been Noah that made her like this. Since she had no clothes to change into, he grabbed an old pair of his pajama pants and a sweatshirt that were too big for her, but she didn’t care. After she changed, Michael already had two cups of hot chocolate waiting for them in his living room. She smiled, feeling safer than ever to know he always took care of her. She walked over to the couch and curled up next to him as he draped his arm over her shoulders. They shared a silence as she stared into her hot chocolate, until he broke it.
“Syd?” Michael asked quietly.
“Yeah?”
“Wanna tell me what happened?”
“I don’t really wanna talk about it tonight. Is that okay?” She said finally looking him in the eyes. Fear still evident in her once sparkling eyes. He nodded understandingly and pulled her closer to him so she could rest her head in the crook of his neck. She sighed contently as he ran his hand through her wet hair putting her to sleep. Once she was asleep, he carried her to the guest bedroom and tucked her in; giving her a light kiss on the forehead before whispering those three words that would change everything.

I don't understand why Sydney puts up with the abuse.... I hope Vaughn is able to change her around...

Great start. Can I get a pm when you update?? Thanks. :smiley:

Back