Politics Should the government be able to ban dvd burners?

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
These government people are getting on my nerves <_< One day ban DVD burners, the next conduct brainwashing? :P ^_^
I love the brainwashing part. some days I wake up and think I have been programmed to be a computer programmer (I have watched alias to much cant you tell).

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
I predict in fifty years we will all have microchips in our brains! :P
I had a computer teacher in high school who said that we are going to have barcodes and like the usb flash drives on the back of necks in like 20 years. oh course this guy listened to a little too much pink floyd and might have done a little too many drugs in his day.

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
Hmmm :confused: Reminds me of a little show called Dark Angel. I almost considered getting a tattooed barcode on my neck for some reason after watching it  :lol:
:lol: Kris you really thought about doing that ?! :rolleyes:

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
Hmmm :confused: Reminds me of a little show called Dark Angel. I almost considered getting a tattooed barcode on my neck for some reason after watching it :lol:
let me know if you ever get that done :lol:

Sophie said:
:lol: Kris you really thought about doing that ?! :rolleyes:
[post="941619"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
^_^ It sounded like a great idea the time... :lol: Hey, I'd still do that now if it weren't for my fear of needles and my low tolerance of pain ;)

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
Hmmm :confused: Reminds me of a little show called Dark Angel. I almost considered getting a tattooed barcode on my neck for some reason after watching it  :lol:
[post="941542"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I have seen people with barcode tattoos but not in the neck though.

I doubt they will be able to ban the dvd burners. Most counties would have to agree on banning them if they were gonna get them out of the market.

Discord said:
I have seen people with barcode tattoos but not in the neck though.

I doubt they will be able to ban the dvd burners. Most counties would have to agree on banning them if they were gonna get them out of the market.
[post="946452"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I have seen people with the barcodes, most of them are fan's of a band called slipknot and did it to be "cool". as for the dvd burners, i guess i dont care now because i got mine and it kicks ass. if the us banned them I would just move to canada, I love canada.

Dreila said:
You're obviously wrong, because no one is going to take the time to ban DVD burners, MP3 players and all other things that people want in today's society. Such things just can't happen in today's world. Maybe it'd be possible in Thailand, but not in the USA. The idea might come to mind, but it'll never happen.
[post="937832"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I find it rather facinating that you randomly picked Thailand out of all countries where something like this could happen. They happen to have alot of bootlegged stuff in general. :rolleyes:

Well I have a DVD burner and I'll be damned if they burn it...a member from congress can personally come down here and pry it out of my computer and reimburse me. I mean there are going to be people who choose to swap files...there are going to be people to bootleg stuff. They can always do it the old fashion way. When people use to bootleg things with camcorders.

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
Me too! Actually a friend of mine got me a temporary tattoo of a barcode once for Christmas, but I lost it.

okay, we have a dvd burner my mom likes copying her music cd's just in case like they get stolen or ruined she'll still have a copy and won't have to buy it again, she'd like to that with dvd's also. And make home videos and put them on dvds. I don't see why they have to ban them. I think it's ridiculous.

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN.

Just like they try to do with iTunes and music services, they'll try to put digital protections on it, and even then I don't think they'll be able to do it.

DVD burners are here to stay. It's our right as a consumer, plus, the main use of DVD burners is to burn our own video, not copyrighted stuff.

I got DVDXCopy, yes I do! (I haven't really used it, but hey, I got it!) :D

I seriously doubt they will be banned. Even CD-burners will not be banned. To be honest with you i really don't know how the music industry survives with all the bootlegging going on. Do it do it? Hell yes!

I will never pay 18$ for an album that contains 2 good songs. I've bought maybe 5 albums where 80% of the songs were decent. I do not feel bad about this and please don't try to preach to me.

The musicians dont even get money off their CD sales, actually they do but it's something like 0.25$ per CD, so in turn i'm crippling the corporations who distribute the CD's in the first place.

The way i see until you start selling a quality product, for a reasonable price i will keep doing it.

Ahh, all this bootlegging reminds me of when they tried to ban alcohol, ha, good one. Next thing you know, they’ll say you have to be 21 to burn dvds / disks.

You know, they should try banning bootlegging and then there will be people bootlegging bootlegging, oooh, okay this sounds like a bunch of nonsense now,

I agree with you Sofie, they are messing with us
:o_O:

OK I think they should and they shouldn't because some people use them to download dvd's and burn them through a dvd burner and if all people did that then the movie making company wouldn't make ANY money because only one person bought the dvd and spread it through the interent but some people use them to make copies so the originals dont get ruined..so its a either or situation

DVD Burners should be legal!! There are millions of other products out there that have the potential of being more harmful and illegal then a simple dvd burner.

G$f3arl3ssG$ said:
Me too...and then I thought about the whole pain and how it would look when I was older...but I did have a temporary barcode tattoo that I got free in a packet of crisps.

VaughnsAHottie said:
OK I think they should and they shouldn't because some people use them to download dvd's and burn them through a dvd burner and if all people did that then the movie making company wouldn't make ANY money because only one person bought the dvd and spread it through the interent but some people use them to make copies so the originals dont get ruined..so its a either or situation
[post="969444"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Uh hu. I agree. Personally, if I copied a CD or DVD, it would be because I was going to take it out in a portable CD or DVD player, and I wanted to keep the original safe. But others might not use it for that.

i use my dvd player to make copies of dvds but if i like the movie alot i'll still go spend the money to buy it. maybe these companies that produce dvd burners and the ones that make the media should give some money to the movie producers because i doubt if it wasnt for the movies most people wouldnt even buy the dvd burn unless you feel the need to burn your hd to multi dvds, i have done that to back up my computer before reformating.

I doubt they can ban DVD burners. There are just too many fair uses for the DVD burner. I use it to back up my drives, and I just made a wedding DVD for a friend.

Back