Sloane: Leader of the Covenant?

I don't know about this. You never know with Sark because he goes with what/whoever is best for him. But, we know Cole is with the Covenant and I thought he and Sloane hated each other. How could they work together?

if sloane and irina are working together, their relationship obviously isnt going very well since katya told him to "back of irina".

It doesn't add up. If Sloane wanted to make a baby using Syd's DNA he would have had plenty of chances when she was Julia Thorne, if he was head of the covenant.

No he wouldn't have because they never had Rambaldi's DNA. That is what "Julia Thorne" was looking for, but when she found it she hid it from everyone because she knew what they wanted to do with it and that was unacceptable.

It doesn't add up. If Sloane wanted to make a baby using Syd's DNA he would have had plenty of chances when she was Julia Thorne, if he was head of the covenant.

No he wouldn't have because they never had Rambaldi's DNA. That is what "Julia Thorne" was looking for, but when she found it she hid it from everyone because she knew what they wanted to do with it and that was unacceptable.

I definitely agree. After all let's see...

1. Sloane purposely helped to bring the fall of the Alliance because they no longer served his purpose. This allowed him to become powerful all on his own, without having to answer to the Alliance.

2. Sloane, Irina, Sark, Allison (am I forgetting someone?) were working together towards the end of Season 2. I think that Sloane was beginning to form his own little organization at that time (whether it was called the Covenant at that time, I don't know).

3. Allison, who was working for Sloane, was saved by the Covenant.

4. Sloane was "kidnapped" by Kasari Bomani, and was allowed to live for some odd reason. This allowed him to become a double agent for the CIA and the Covenant, but I have a feeling that this kidnapping was staged so that Sloane could resume control of the Covenant.

If Sloane's not head of the Covenant, who is? Not Irina (although her intentions are sometimes hard to see, I don't believe she would have allowed Sydney to be tortured in the way that she was during her two years). Sark was in prison during those two years. McKenas Cole...could be, but I don't know. Bill Vaughn...now THAT would be a shock. Former Alliance member? Ana Espinoza? Irina's other sister? Former K-Directorate? Danny? (yeah I know, ridiculous) Someone unknown? Right now I'm out of people who could (possibly) be alive, unless they did something ridiculous like make Marshall or Dixon head of the Covenant. And I hope something like that wouldn't happen.

On another note...although I believe Sloane may be the head of the Covenant, for some reason, I don't see him killing Sydney. He needs her for something. So, if this is the case, he never would have ordered her killed. So that blows all my Sloane theories out of the water. Hmm. Unless Sloane didn't know that those orders were being given...

Thought: Sydney knew the identity of one or more of the people at that table wouldn't she have reported it to Kendal?

As they were testing Sydney while in front of that committee table officials what ever you want to call them if Sloane was there wouldn’t Sydney have reported this to Kendall thus some part of the agency would know of this! If so is this were Lindsey got his information which he attempted to blackmail Sloane with?

If in all likelihood was at that table. He hates Sloane thus would he knowingly work for or with him?

Though another crazy thought: If the Covenant so secretive wouldn't it be just a little silly to have the heads or leader at a sitting while determining if the brainwashing has worked on an know enemy it sort of defeats the whole purpose!

If Vaughn and Sloane and McKennas Cole were there, I'm just wondering why Sydney didn't report them all, and why we don't know anything more as of now. How did they keep her from saying anything? Because, think about it, if she had, there would be no Covenant, which is what Sydney wanted the whole time she was supposedly "Brainwashed." We knew she was never really brainwashed at all. She was just going along with their plans so they wouldn't kill her. Of course she'd want the Covenant shut down! Which brings me to another theory. Maybe Syd did report them, to the CIA. We know the only person Sydney had contact with during her two years with elite CIA connections was Kendall. It depends on what Kendall chose to do with her report.... Maybe, when he told her the story of her missing two years, he twisted it. But he did tell her about how she killed the unimportant man, in vivid detail. It would only make sense that he would have known who was testing her. I don't know how Lindsey got the intel on Sloane, but I have another theory. Maybe Kendall gave the info. to Lindsey, who then accused Sloane of being part of the Covenant through blackmail. It would also explain how Lindsey was so eager to arrest Vaughn. He might have been at the table. Maybe Kendall and Lindsey were working together to bring down the Covenant. I think that Lindsey's intentions in this were actually pretty straightforward, because he seemed so eager to extract Syd's missing memory. He wasn't a part of the Covenent, or he would know all about what had happened to her. Kendall was probably lying to him all along to get his support. Also so Lindsey wouldn't be suspicious. I think that Kendall has ulterior motives and/or connections to the Covenant... He supposedly knew everything about Syd's two years, but he never reported anything...

lionphish said:

They didn't have to get any more of Syd's DNA---they harvested her EGGS right out of her ovaries!!

I can't help but think that Syd would've had a hard time hiding her shock/surprise if she walked up to a long table of Covenant dudes and there sat Vaughn!

But if she really wanted them to believe she was Julia Thorne, Like Kendall said, she could have faked not knowing Vaughn. The Covenant all believed that she was Julia all along, and Julia would not have known Vaughn. Maybe she pretended not to recognize him, because she knew that if she did, the Coveneant would know the brainwashing was unsuccessful and they would have killed her. It was merely self-preservation.

On another note...although I believe Sloane may be the head of the Covenant, for some reason, I don't see him killing Sydney.
This is what I'm saying. I really can't see Sloane having Syd killed. I'm I being incredibly naive here? Whether it be Rambaldi related or whether he is telling the truth about caring about Sydney, I don't think it would be in his best interest to have her killed. (Not to mention abducted and tortured!)

It's possible. However, I think it's more likely that someone else is at the root of the Covenant--but Sloane knows who that is and is quite possibly working with them in an uneasy alliance.
;)

I went to Vartan Ho and clicked on the "Miscellaneous spoilers" section just now. One of the site people says that an Alias crew member hinted that Sloane was the leader of the covenant. But I agree that Alias needs new people, preferably that have had a lot to do with Syd/Jack/Irina/Sloane/Rambaldi in the past.

First, I wouldn't put it past either Sloane or Irina to put Sydney through a round of torture. They know she can stand it. And they both know that she's been through Project Christmas, so they both know that she's pretty un-brainwashable. Basically, it doesn't matter whether Sloane or Irina is the titular head of the Covenant or not; they both have advantages over that buffoon (if it is a third party). And, considering the set-up, I wouldn't be surprised if that's how they played it.

Of course, Bomani is supposedly the head, but we don't hear about him at all, do we? He seems pretty unimportant, and compared to Sloane and Irina, he seems like a true minor-leaguer.

As far as spoilers from the crew, I wouldn't trust that unless it's been scripted--plus, if I were Mr Abrams, I'd probably do what Mr Whedon did, and flood the internet with disinformation. There's too many Alias spoilers floating around . . . it's practically a cottage industry! I wish I could avoid 'em!
;)

[BTW, Sarkney_fan020, your sig is too long. Please see the guidelines and cut it back or it might be shortened without notice.]

Back