Season 3 Sloane, now a ghost?

Should Sloane really be Dead?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Man J.J. Really had me goin there. I'm sitting watching Sloane getting killed yelling profanely at the TV "HOW THE F--- CAN THEY KILL SLOANE???" and then Jack revives him. I'm so happy. Sloane may do evil things to get what he wants, but he is not evil.

Also, during Sloane's speech, right when he said the word passion, I immedatly noticed he was layed out like on the cross. And he being revived, like Jesus?
This is only a loose idea.

NO WAY!!! they can't kill Sloane - bUT even so they had me going - i totally never saw the wine thing coming - i fell dumb but i guess i was so engrossed in the epi - no time to try and figure it - when they wheeled out his body bag i was like huh he's dead he can't be dead - i was in shock.
but i'm glad he's still alive!! (y) he rocked in this epi!!!!!!! and maybe he is a good guy after all if his endgame is simply to save his daughter. :eek:

I think that would be a bit of a strech...

Passion is a word that Mel Gibson used to describe Jesus, not history. The imagery was kind of there though.

I think the set up is more of a New World Order kind of global government, at least from the covenants prespective. Rambaldi has the power and everyone wants it. Even look back at Sloanes life, he was a member of a global cabal that wanted to rule the world, and Sloane did them in, not because he wanted to save the world, but because he realized that he could have all the power to himself.
Now that the Trust is around, and we know that Sloane had been working for them, it makes me think that he set a lot of his "pardon" up as to align himself with those who had the most power and resouces which he could once again tap into.

This plot and episode were so great! - although as soon as I saw the vials being emptied I caught on to what happened - very Romeo and Juliet. (In the fake death - not the romance!)

As for the Jesus allusions, I wouldn't carry it too far, personally. Passion in the religious sense is rather different from the colloquial. It refers to the suffering, crucifiction and resurrection of Jesus, (not just Jesus) and the week where all this is said to have taken place is known as the Holy Week, which begins on Passion Sunday. Jesus died for a reason (the biggest of all reasons, if you ask Christians: to save mankind) whereas Sloane "died" as punishment for a crime.

i definitely think sloane should live!!!!! when he was about to be excecuted i was screaming at my tv to stop lol. when jack revived him i was like "yay!"
hm, about this jesus connection. i also noticed how he was layed out like a cross.. i thought it was kinda weird but i just figured it was how they do it (hah not exactly an expert in the area of exceution procedure).
but i don't really think the point of the whole thing was to make a connection between sloane and jesus..

ok sloane cant die...but i didnt really think of jesus at all...except maybe to say JESUS CHRIST HOWD THEY DO THAT!

Sloane may do evil things to get what he wants, but he is not evil.

i have to disagree. he's an evil genius!! when it comes to syd he might be a "little" conflicted due to his fatherly feelings for her (maybe because he thought he might have been her father before the end of season 2 revelation about his REAL daughter), even though that didnt stop him from ordering a kill on her then fiance. He sees syd like family...tell me would a NON EVIL person would do that? amongst many other things of course...he's evil yet still likeable. :blink:

sorry but frankly im sick of sloane and his evilness - lets get a new villan please!
pass the tourch to sark!

Skyligrl5 said:
sorry but frankly im sick of sloane and his evilness - lets get a new villan please!
pass the tourch to sark!
i kind of agree with you...i dunno, for this long the question has been, when will sloane be evil again, even though the whole time weve known he isnt actually good...WE NEED A NEW FOCUS!

Oh, I knew they couldn't kill Sloane--too much left to be said about him!!! But I'm glad that, for once, Jack didn't play into their game. Jack had to with Irina, because of Sydney, but he didn't have to for Sloane. And finally, for once, it looked like Jack surprised Sloane, even though Jack gave him fair warning. :lol:
✌️

yah i agree! and sloane was REALLY DEAD!! when he came back, he was all like WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON...jack should have asked him what hell was like...

I'm with Sydney on everything. Syd admitted that Sloane should die for the sins he's committed... but of course he didn't violate his agreement with the CIA, so right now, no, he shouldn't die.

But he should have died before he was pardoned... so I voted for Yes.

i agree with syd...but ok the poll question isnt very specific. i think that he should have at least been in jail for what he did and the killed....but not in the show..AH IM CONFUSING MYSELF. ok its fine the way it is...

Yes, I saw the references - he talks about "a father's passion" and he's laid out on a cross shaped chair, and then he rose again, courtesy not of God, but of Jack Bristow. :D

Yeah, this whole scene was just awesome though. Of course no one thought they were going to kill Sloane, but it was just...still awesome. I have watched the ep like six times since last night, and I still get all anxious and nervous during Sloane's execution, even though I know how it ends. And that's good TV.

The Chair-cross theing was waaay too much Christ-Imagery for me. I sorta flipped when I saw that. Does anyone know if that is the normal chair for lethal injection?
What I wanta know is who is Jack gonna tell about sloane?

I knew Sloane wouldn't be dead, I just didn't know how they'd do it. I wish I had caught on to the wine deal, but I knew that was a customary things those spy people do...Sark, Sloane, Jack. I would be a little shocked if they go rid of Sloane, as I think he is among the 4 most important people on there (Syd, Vaughn, Jack, Sloane)...but I wouldn't put it past them.

What I'm wondering now, is how Jack will deal w/ having a dead Sloane on his hands!? HOw's that going to go!?!?

Thanks to Sloane’s green goo injection I expected that Sloane if executed would be saved other wise I may have bought into him staying dead.

Now the episode got me thinking Sloane would be saved before execution so Sloane’s execution was a shock to me.

Sloane seams to me to have the save the world complex some dictators have before they come into power. The want to be dictator has some overall good intention of helping his people and correcting some injustice. The mistake is the dictator falls into the logic trap of the ends justify the means. Then normally because of the ethical compromises made to win the dictator ends up having to support his corrupt supporters instead of doing anything good. Plus the wealth of gaining power tends to turn the dictator into pleasing himself instead. Also after deciding that the ends justify the means often the dictator starts to enjoy the means.

Sloane wants to think his intentions are honorable but on too many occasions it seams that he has gotten a kick out of blackmailing or killing people.

Back