sloane's glasses

I'm not sure if Ron wears those circly glasses in real life or not, but I'll tell ya they have become part of Sloane's signature look.

They add more intrigue to his character, IMO.

ron_rifkin.jpg

yea he wears them in real life too look lol he looks funny

Sloane's Harry Potter glasses crack me up. I don't know how he manages to be intimidating since he is short AND wearing those things, but he does. Ron is a great actor.

Thanks for the picture of Ron Rifkin in the round glasses, Full Blown Rose. I think he looks adorable!!

I also love his snappy Nehru jackets, and those scenes he wears turtleneck sweaters. Yummy! Besides looking very classy, these outfits really help set him apart from all the others - he is just so much cooler than the rest - everyone else just looks so rumpled and clueless next to Sloane. (Except for Jack. Love those great suits and ties he wears.)

And I very much agree with Ms. Kate Jones post. Nearly all of the other characters on the show are much more physically imposing than Ron Rifkin. It is good writing and his brilliant acting ability that makes us believe that Sloane is more than able to hold his own in an environment so filled with ruthless killers and double-crossing agents. All those mafia-type "Alliance" members really paid a price for demanding Sloane kill Emily as a price for joining their gang. I think there is a line in one of the episodes where someone says that all of the Alliance members are afraid of Sloane.

Jack is the only person (well maybe Irina) who is willing to mess with Sloane. Love those two together! Especially the wine in prison / "just a schoolboy crush" scene!