Sold the Soul That Second Time

Someone

Cadet
<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Sold the Soul That Second Time.</span>

I hope everyone likes this. I'd be greatful for replies and feedbacks. I'll continue making more chapters - if you want a PM js ask!

This Chapter was also in 'general fic' section - but I think it fit this section better because there's romance to come! Enjoy xx :smiley:

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 1: Bang Bang.</span>

“He wore black and I wore white.
He would always win the fight.
Bang Bang.
He shot me down.
Bang Bang.
I hit the ground.
Bang Bang.
That awful sound
Bang Bang…”

My eyes rose, forever scarred within the luxury of darkness as shadows lurked in their depths, crawling within my glare.

A clear scratch of words grew from the silence,
“Did your mother never tell you – never hurt a woman scorned?”

He smiled. This was his enjoyment.
“Did no one never tell you – don’t play with the big boys?”

Our eyes locked onto one another, never parting. He’d take a step to the left and I’d take one to the right. I clenched my small gun tightly into the grip of my fingers as he did to his larger one. We waited for the other to move their gun for the sign of imminent death. It was like a dance. Yet neither of us knew who was leading.

“It’ll never be me” was his whisper. His gun lifted in the split of a second. I couldn’t let it be me. I couldn’t let him have the satisfaction, the empowerment.

The bullet ripped into my stomach and then another ripped through. I fell to the ground whilst energy escaped from my bones. My senses became faint but I could still hear the faded sound of that music ,”…my baby shot me down.” If I weren’t in so much pain I’d laugh at the irony of the moment.

My hand weakly shielded my face as he stepped towards me. I expected a blow to the head as his act of mercy, so that I could be rescued by unconciousness from the dire pain. But Vaughn wasn’t as sweet as he used to be. He looked down on me with his smile larger than before, boasting his pristine state.

Hands of his men began to hold onto me. I was too distraught to comprehend what was happening. I just knew I was being carried away. I looked for his face again shaking my head vigorously. I hated him, but still loved him and I couldn’t understand why. I needed to see him, he’s my source of comfort – or at least he was. The moment I caught a glimpse of him I could only cringe with loath and contempt. It all felt like a hallucination.

“Vaughn” my voice slurred loudly.

“Vaugh. Help me. Please.” He stood erect in his position looking at me with please. I was confused, all I could remember was Michael – my old Michael.

My arms flayed weakly, lightly hitting the arms of the men.
“Why – why. Don’t stand. Vaughn…”

I couldn’t talk anymore. All I could do was breathe with gasps of pain as my eyelids closed and I rested within myself.

“Sydney Bristow…” the voice cooed in my head. I opened my eyes to look straight at a ceiling.

“Here Sydney…” I could recognise that voice, Vaughn’s voice. I dug my hands hard into the bed as I attempted to lift myself up. He held onto me and positioned me with my body slightly upright against the pillows.

I halted my breath, stunned. This was wrong. All wrong. Large room, soft cream carpet, paintings across the wall. It must be a dream. I looked down at my hands almost uncertain I was myself. The bed itself was of beautiful embroidery. I slowly lifted my head to see him. I felt too dizzy – it wasn’t real – none of this was real.

Vaughn chuckled as he looked at my confused expression. But it wasn’t the chuckle I knew when I was those few years younger, it was his much more recent chuckle, the sadistic husky laugh. Nothing had changed – I could tell by his stand, his hair, clothes, smile that it wasn’t Michael Vaughn. Just Vaughn. He had no first name. It was too personal for him now. He only deserved one name. Only one.

I sweated with uncertainty wiping my burning hands across my hair.
“I don’t get this.” I shook my head slowly looking down again.

“What’s happening? Wh-why am I here. This isn’t right. No – no – it…”

“Ssshhh…I’ll take care of you.”

My face was shining with a coat of silky sweat, eyes reddening with ache. His hand brushed softly down my arm. Could it be – Michael? It was comforting, a brush of comfort. But I knew Michael was only a fantasy now. Then there was a grip. His hand grabbed onto my arm digging dents into my skin. An injection moved towards me as he jabbed it into me. His teeth gritted with satisfaction as he pressed the syringe down. That smile grew again, I hated looking at it so much. He only waked me to get his few minute high – to see me in such a pathetic way – to know he had the lead – the upper hand.

“Back to sleep Sydney. Back to sleep. We’ll dance to the game later.”

My eyes dulled. I didn’t want to know the game. I didn’t want to wake up again. I didn’t want to know what he had ready for me. I want to sleep forever. Please forever…

Please reply with feedback and thoughts - THANKS FOR READING!

Here's the next chapter! I'd already written this so I just thought I'd paste it with chapter 1.

I've already written chapter 3 aswell - but I'll enter that later - but let's not overload you! :D

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Sold the Soul for a Second Time.</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 2: Unaware</span>

Blank room. Tubes running through me. Cold leather hospital type bed.

I feel like my insides have the ability to rip out of myself. It’s the unease, the sense of never knowing, the feeling of hopelessness that tingles my skin every time I wake. I feel a tense posture run through me at the sight of everything. My lips quiver as air tries to push through my lungs. It’s as if each of my mornings run like this.

I’m cold. The only thing I wear is a hospital style patient overall. I pull the tubes out of myself harshly and begin to stand. My feet firm on the ground, I attempt to make a step but suddenly it feels as if my legs don’t exist, as if I have nothing to stand on. Immediately I collapse to the hard, white ground with my head receiving the punishment of gravity. My brain pulsates violently with pain. I drag my hands down the floor trying to get back up but my muscles surge with a sharp ache.

He’d put something in me. I could feel it work away within myself sending its destruction through. I crawled towards the wall of the bright, white, plain room and leaned against it with tire. A sick taste burned through my mouth – I could feel it coming. I dipped my body downward pulling agitatedly at my stomach. I vomited all over myself as my eyes stung with sour tears. I lay back taking a breath of relief but I could feel more vomit forcing it’s way towards my mouth. My head became nauseous as I dipped my body again, heaving all over myself. I coughed violently for air as I felt thick liquid building inside my throat. Blood coughed out of my mouth as I pushed my hands into the floor in torment. The sizzling pain scratching into me was unbearable. Tears trickled down my face as I looked down at my skin smothered with blood and vomit. The pain was excruciating. I lay down onto the ground struggling for breath, shutting my eyes tightly, and squeezing with anger at my stomach.

I had begun to understand my useless purpose here. I was one of their test subjects in the experimentation facility. Each week I’d suffer new pains so they could test any new substances or torture methods to record their outcomes and benefits. I couldn’t understand why he didn’t just kill me and get it over with. But there were a lot of things I couldn’t understand anymore.

In Los Angeles Weiss received a phone call,

“Hey – Weiss speaking.”

“Weiss…there’s a name I don’t miss” that chuckle rose.

Weiss stopped in his steps.

“Vaughn?”

“If that’s what you still call me – yes.”

Weiss’s forehead scrunched tensely.
“You bastard...where the hell is Sydney?” he said with a stern tone, saying every single word with a slow tone of disgust, clenching his fist with anger.

“If you want Sydney Bristow…I have a proposal.” His voice was so blasé, unbothered and relaxed. The voice Weiss once loved pierced through his skin like a knife. The thought of their befriending long ago now only repulsed him.

Weiss waited, anticipating his next words.

Vaughn said only one word, “Nadia.”

He knew with that word what he wanted, and he knew his answer.

“You are one sick f***er. I’m not going to let her life be in danger either – no f****** way.”

Vaughn smiled, he knew exactly how to play him. He knew how to get what he wanted. Vaughn fell silent, opening the door to the room where Sydney lay so feebly.

“I think you should think this through a little.” Vaughn couldn’t help but let out a little laugh.

“This isn’t funny.”

“Not for you. But Weiss – you have no choice but to comply. As we speak a substance is running through Sydney’s blood that’ll indefinitely kill her within 5 days. Only I have the cure.” He took a breath to make sure he’d grabbed his attention.

“If I don’t have Nadia before that fifth day Sydney will die. If I do than I’ll assure you Sydney will have the cure with her on the day of the swap.”

Weiss shook his head, eyes squinting with annoyance. He looked up at the sky not knowing what to think of any of this.

“Vaughn – I can’t just trade one persons life for another.”

“Nadia won’t die. You know it’s not her time – the prophecy says so.”

Anger boiled through him as he punched his fist into the wall fiercely, “Is this what it’s all for? Your newly found Rambaldi obsession?”

Vaughn’s tone was happily raised. Not many understood his desires but it had become his ambition to find out the secrets of Rambaldi.

“Weiss. With each second you speak Sydney’s state deteriorates. Her state of mind grows increasingly vulnerable as time moves quickly on. Her sense of comprehension decreases as you waste more time.”

“About 2 years back you would’ve given her life for her. You’ve changed – but you could never do that to her.”

“You really do underestimate me…”

A dark figure moved towards me in the brightness. I could see his face but I wasn’t sure who he was. I’d lost my ability to understand what was happening. It was only the clicks of the heels against the hard floor that alerted me to Vaughn’s present.

I was usually determined to seem strong in front of him but my sense of awareness had taken a dip. I could see what was happening but couldn’t understand any of it. I felt so clueless, so unknown.

Vaughn stood directly in front of me, looking down on me in his superior state. I dodged his glare hoping that somehow his attention wasn’t on me. He took a sudden dip to kneel to my level.

I shielded my face with my arms in a primary reaction. I could feel a quick sense of regret rush over me as the soft laugh sang out of his lips.

“Stay away, stay away, stay away, stay away, stay away…” I spoke with a broken tone of voice as if to reassure myself. I pushed myself against the wall, my back pressed straight up and muscles tensed.

I opened my eyes to see the phone dangle in front of me in Vaughn’s hand, with his sinister expression.

Immediately I reached out for the phone, opening my hand, yearning for it. A hard hit pushed it back as I relinquished and returned to my position.

I could hear those clicks again but they were fading into the distance accompanied by a voice that was only muffled in my ears.

“What the hell have you done to her,” his words snapped in a quick form.

“I think you know what to do. Talk to your superiors. I’ll call back in 48 hours and be sure that if the answer isn’t what I want to hear I’ll send Sydney in a corpse…”

“You are…”

The silent ring of the phone took over as Vaughn hung up. Weiss just stood as crowds of people pushed passed him, unknowing of his anguish. He rubbed at his cheeks unable to speak or move in shock. Shoulders of civilians knocked into his but he continued to stare blankly into the air.

A minute passed when he lifted his phone again to phone Sloane.

“Hello.”

“Sloane. Vaughn rang. I have information on Sydney. Call the team now for a meeting.”

Hope ya liked, Please post any thoughts!

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Sold The Soul That Second Time</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 3: Hold that thought.</span>

“Sloane. My daughter’s been missing for months now and she’s in an ill state. We both know Nadia can deal with this.”

“Jack I understand you’re anxious to get her back. But I’m not willing to put her life at risk.”

“She’s willing to do this – voluntarily.”

“Jack. I want Sydney back safely too but I’m not trading one life for another as a solution. The ways they’ll try and retrieve this Rambaldi information is very dangerous.”

“You should be an expert at that shouldn’t you.” Jack hissed, hands flat on Sloane’s desk as he leaned towards him.

“Sydney is going to die in a few days if we don’t act quickly. Are you willing to let her die when she could easily be saved? You know full well we have the capability to track Nadia, and track the vehicle.” He raised his hands with hopefulness, “We could find Vaughn’s location – get him in our custody.”

“He’ll anticipate it all – he knows she’ll be tracked and he’ll be prepared for that. We’ll turn up with nothing.”

“Sydney – she’s barely conscious and she’s suffering. She’ll die. Nadia – she’ll be able to defend herself and it’s unlikely they’d even think of killing her. She’ll be safer than Sydney.”

Sloane sighed, hands rubbing down his face. He glanced at Jack’s face and he could tell he was worried for her. He knew he had to change his decision.

“Okay. Okay.” He nodded biting his lip. “But make sure Nadia is well prepared – and that she’s aware of the risks.”

Jack returned his nod, “I will. And I won’t forget this Arvin.”

Nadia sat in the car with concern for her own well being. Under the surface of her fears she was content though. She longed for my safe return and she didn’t mind making any sacrifices for it.

“Nadia, I need to insert the tracker below the back of your shoulder. It’s a delayed tracker so he won’t be able to detect it. It’ll activate automatically after 72 hours.” Weiss said, “Chances are he might realise that you have one in your body.”

Silent, Nadia turned and pulled her top down to reveal her skin.

“It’s gonna sting…”

The tracker was pierced into her skin to lie deep into her flesh. Nadia twitched from the slightly sharp sting.

She lifted her top back up, sitting back into her position. Both sat silently being careful not to look at one another. Neither knew what to say.

Weiss broke the silence,

“You’ll be fine. Your in safe hands.” His voice riddled with an unsure tone.

Nadia couldn’t help but smile a little as she glanced at his face. His expression was plain with worry. Her heart fluttered as she counted another reason she loved him.

“I know I am Weiss. Don’t worry. It’s not anything I haven’t been through before.”

As the van took a halt both held each other in a warm embrace. Nadia kissed his lips softly.

“You’ll be okay,” he nodded with quick repetitions, his words more for his reassurance than hers. Again she smiled the beautiful smile Weiss adored to look at.

I sat shut-eyed in between two armed men within the moving vehicle, cosy in a large brown coat I was provided. The car took a stop pushing me forwards. I was flustered as I looked through the window to the outside.

The large man stepped out of the car demanding I step out also. I looked at his lips carefully. I could hear what he said but it was as if my mind was unable to comprehend it. I ignored him returning my head to rest against the cushion.

A hard push from my other side alerted me to move. I slowly moved myself out of the car gripping the man who stood at the door, forcing my weight onto him.

With his free arm he pointed at the other end of the bridge, signalling something to me and then pulled my hands off of himself. Immediately I lost my balance and fell to the wooded ground. I made no effort to get up and just moved my back outwards to lie down. All I wanted to do was rest; I couldn’t understand what was taking place. All I wanted to do was lie down.

Another man began to pull me up and helped me to the side of the bridge and carefully placed my hands onto the rails for support. Again the other man pointed to the other end and a hard shove in my back alerted me to walk. With weak steps I walked. I could see a figure move into my direction, I recognised her as she came closer. Her lips moved to talk. I tried to follow her face but she moved too fast. I continued to move forward, I could see a small crowd of people.

Nadia’s eyes coated with a shine of tears as she looked at me. She’d never seen me in such a weak, vulnerable way. She felt like running towards me and holding me close to her. Nadia just whispered to herself as she walked past me, “I’ve missed you – so much…”

I’d given up as I used the little energy I had left. I sat onto the ground, my back against the wall and my face looking downward…

Weiss ran towards me with a few colleagues as I sat unconscious. He felt my wrist checking my pulse with a sigh of relief. Immediately he hugged my lifeless body,

“Thank gosh…thank gosh…” he whispered close by my ear.

A voice shouted in the background, “The coat. The medicine – it was meant to be in the coat.”

Alex, the man beside Weiss searched into the pocket frantically. As he rummaged through the large pocket he grabbed onto an object. He pulled his hand out to reveal a small injection.

Alex gently began to take my coat off and Weiss slapped his fingers against my arm where he could see a vain. He injected it into my and they both stared at me for any sign of consciousness.

Nothing happened.

“Give it time.” Dixon said from behind them.

A team of medical staff quickly flooded towards myself to lift me up and take me into the ambulance.

Weiss stepped into the van with me, pleading to me with his thoughts to survive.

Alex remained kneeled at his position looking at me. All they could do was wait…

Vaughn stood directly in front of Nadia in a perfectly poised position, back straight, hands behind his back.

“Nadia” he dipped his head as if to ask something.

“Vaughn” she returned the dip in a sarcastic manner.

“Take off your top.”

Nadia scrunched her eyes, “Uhm – what?”

“Take off your top.”

She stood silent. She wasn’t quite sure what he meant by that.

He sighed with annoyance, “Nadia – I doubt the CIA sent you in here without a tracker. It appeared you didn’t have one when you were searched and when the detector was used. But I have a different theory. So…take off your top.”

“It’s not the CIA – it’s APO.”

“It’s all the same to me. Now – stop distracting me. And take off your top.”

“No.”

“No?”

I crossed my arms and stood defiant. I knew this couldn’t keep up for long, it’d just make it more obvious I had a tracker in me. Unfortunately I wasn’t as lucky as Sydney to be able to distract someone for large amounts of time. She was always very creative – I wasn’t.

“You heard me, no.”

“Let’s put it this way. Either you take your top off, or I take it off for you.”

Nadia sighed, she knew she’d have to take it off. She lifted her top and chucked it on the floor.

He tilted his head, ‘analysing’ her body for any fresh wounds.

He nodded, “Okay, turn around.”

I knew there was no chance of getting away with having the tracker now. If he saw the mark on my back he’d remove the tracker and destroy it. It’d remove any chance of capturing Michael Vaughn…or me in that fact.

I turned so my back would face him. I lifted my long hair which covered most of my body. I left my shoulders concealed though hoping he wouldn’t notice.

“Lift it higher…”

“Ahhh…there it is. Exactly what I thought – delayed tracker.”

He began to slide his fingers across the wound as he observed it.

The door knocked, “Ethan Young is here,” the Guard at the door called.

A wide smile slid onto his face, revealing all his teeth. He was going to enjoy this…

“Tell him to come in.”

Nadia turned around. In stepped a man…

She was startled by who she saw. She looked at Vaughn, then at him, then at Vaughn. Her mouth stuck open, as if paralysed. There were too many words she wanted to say all at once but they were trapped in her throat, caught in bubbles of air. Only the sound of silence could be heard for the next few seconds.

“What? V-v-v…Vaughn?” she said to the man who just stepped in.

“Ethannn…” cooed Vaughn - as if to tease me.

“…come here.”

He went and stood besides Vaughn. Both were identical – both looked alike. The only thing that separated them was the large grin Vaughn was pulling. I walked close to the man Vaughn called ‘Ethan’. I looked into the bright eyes I recognised so well attempting to make sense of it.

“Vaughn.” I said to ‘Ethan’.

Vaughn moved his head from side to side with laughter. “No. His name’s Ethan.”

“Ethan? It’s Vaughn…” Nadia spoke.

“Nadia, Vaughn doesn’t exist in Ethan anymore. And here’s the test.”

Vaughn retrieved a large silver gun from his pocket. Nadia took a quick step back flinching. ‘Ethan’s’ hand opened as he took a firm grip onto it.

“Kill her.”

I held my hands out in a halting gesture, “No – no – no. Vaughn – you can’t do this. You know you can’t.”

His expression remained plain as if void of all emotion. He swiftly moved the gun to point at her, slowly pushing onto the trigger. She shut her eyes tightly waiting for the blow.

He fully pulled the trigger and the only sound was…click. She opened her eyes again relieved. There were no bullets loaded in the gun.

“Thank you Ethan. That’s all I needed to see. You can leave.”

As he turned to go I rapidly grabbed his arm. He spun his head to face me.

“Vaughn, is that you? Is it?”

“I-I-I…” He was confused, he couldn’t remember his name ever being that.

“It’s Nadia – NADIA.” I pointed at myself.

“I know.”

Shocked by those two words I released my grip allowing him to leave, watching him move out of the door. The moment it closed Vaughn let out a loud chuckle.

“What’s going on. Who’s Vaughn?”

He slid his hand through his hair, tugging at it playfully.

“That scene was classic, honest classic.”

“What – the – hell – is – happening?” I emphasised each word impatiently.

“Vaughn never ‘changed’.”

“He did. I saw it happen – we all saw it happen. The things that lead up to it, the things that changed him – or you – or him…” I dug my fingertips in my head with anger, “…I don’t know!”

“All of you were just so blind.” He began to reflect whilst his tongue pushed into the inside of his cheeks, moving playfully around his mouth.

“Vaughn was just replaced, with me. I made it look like an eventual change, to benefit myself.”

Nadia scratched at her arm nervously ‘No, no…” she whispered to herself. She couldn’t believe that what Vaughn was claiming. She was so used to the idea – that Vaughn just wasn’t a good guy anymore.

“Yes Nadia, yes.”

“But how? Who are you – I don’t get this. You’re identical…”

“We’re twins – identical twins.”

“He didn’t have a twin.”

“No…he just didn’t think he had one…”

He played with his tongue, licking his teeth blissfully. This was all just entertainment for him.

“Guard!” he shouted, “take this woman to the medical unit. Tell them to remove the tracker in her back – and destroy it.”

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>Sold the Soul for a Second Time.</span>

Here's my update! And as usual I'd love for any replies with opinions!
This has got to be the furthest I've gotten when writing a story...I usually give up after say - 1 line? lol. Anyways..this isn't about me so just read on...

Bon appetite - if that's how you spell it?

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>
Chapter 4: Hormones.
</span>

“Did we mean so little to you?”

“Nadia, stop giving me the same felgercarb story. Just sit will you?”

“Were we that forgettable? And Sydney…what about her?”

He still had to force her to comply - to sit onto the chair, to do the same thing she did everyday, “Sit down, or I’m going to have to make you sit down.”

“Then I guess it’ll have to be a struggle,” she hissed.

Ethan grabbed hold of her shoulders, pushing them harshly downward. With both her hands she dug her fingernails into him keeping his arms upward. Both were too determined for each other to make any progress. She kicked her leg upward into his stomach. He flung backward away from her, reaching for his gun. The solid embrace of it spread superiority into him.

“Now…sit.” The gun pointed straight at her head but she stood, unfazed.

“Or what?” She pulled her eyes upward from the bullet hole of the gun to his face.

“I think the gun speaks for itself” monotonous were his words.

“Go on then. Shoot.” She folded her arms defiantly, “I couldn’t care less” that sour tone impaled into him.

He made no reply, both waited. She stepped: 1,2,3… The distance between them both decreased slowly.

“Shoot.” Her chin rose, eyes squinted, lips saying the one word so bitterly.

“Stay back. Or you might just get what you’re asking for.”

“Then do it. Go on…” step 4, 5, 6.

“Nadia!” He jumped a step forward attempting to startle her, make her flinch, shock her to step back. But now they stood, direct in front of each other, the gun a few centimetres apart from her chest.

She raised the heels of her feet, standing only on her toes as she reached for his left ear. The faintest whisper, the faintest quiet, “Shoot – me.”

“If I wanted, I could just kick your ass down onto that seat. But I choose to be more civilised, maybe you should appreciate that.” Each word spat with a strange loath.

She returned her heels to the ground looking up at him. Her eyes pierced into his, his eyes pierced into hers. Her left hand stretched towards the gun, and clawed its hand firmly around the long, front tube of steel that pointed to her, sucking warmth from the sweat of her palms. She jolted the gun forward, toward herself and pressed it against her chest, pressing it into her skin.

“Can you feel it? That twitch at the trigger, in such slight form. You want to. If you believe so well in Rambaldi you should be able to shoot me, I won’t die – not if it’s all true.”

Ethan pulled his hand back that held onto the gun, “No, I’m not going to.”

She pounced her other hand out onto the gun, over his hand and with strength forced it back toward her.

“See, you can’t do it. You know it isn’t real that’s why. You know this is all just a lie.”

They both glared at each other intensely. Her eyes had red lines running through them and Ethan’s breathing was long and heavy. That minute, that long minute dragged into them. Her grip released simultaneously with his and the gun clashed to the floor…

He didn’t know what he was meant to do. Should he kiss me? Hug me? Talk to me? Or just stay silent?

Both of us sat in the same room for nearly an hour barely saying anything. The only words exchanged were simple phrases. It was as if I could feel his stare slide all over me. His eyes watching with wonder and worry. I didn’t want pity and I didn’t want a pretence…I don’t know what I wanted from him. It had been a few hours since I returned from the hospital, ‘recovering’ from my ordeal for weeks. The recovery just scraped the pain off the surface to unveil the numbness underneath: something that always dangled and could never heal.

“Uhm…” Alex thought to himself. He wanted to get the uncomforting atmosphere out of the way, but he didn’t know how.

He gently placed his hand over mine, which only increased the awkwardness.

“…If you need to talk – I’m willing to listen.”

The words felt like a force of pressure rolled onto me, pressing at my mind. I was irritated because I knew what he expected from me: to drag off the solemn mask on myself and to release some emotions and express myself to him. It was easier for me to say nothing though, to let it evaporate into the mist. But it was clear that this would stick in the air like chocolate stuck in a microwave - It’d melt with time but always be present.

After an eerie moment of silence I nodded, “Thanks.” By the expression I could see through the corner of my eye I could tell he expected me to say more but that one word was as far as I went.

“Can you remember everything?” he was prying.

I gathered energy into my lungs, “I remember it all.” Again I returned to silence. I knew he wanted more though, more so he could help and that my co-operation was necessary for that. But co-operating involved me to say so much I didn’t want to. The awkward air arose once more.

“Oh…right.” He wasn’t sure what he should say back, he was never good at these things. It was discomforting for him to deal with these situations, as much as he cared for me.

I was aware that I was being difficult, but being difficult felt easier than being easy. I took him into my thoughts feeling I should give him something to work with, so I threw him a couple of views, “Everything but those last couple of weeks. That’s just a blur, sort of like a dream.” I was tranced into a daze of contemplation, “It’s all just coming in drips and drabs really. Quite vague.”

He nodded, his attention all on me. “I know I’ve never been good at showing it, but I care about you a lot. And I’m just sorry that this had to happen to you.”

“Well, I guess this is what the job asks for.”

“Yeh.” his voice was quieter than a whisper.

The dense pressure fusing further in my mind forced my eyes to engage into release. Minute droplets of tears trickled from my eyes. I tried my best to cover it with my long hair as I wiped them away.

“Sydney…” the new situation begged him for capability out of his reach. The ability to mould himself into having the knowledge of how to comfort a loved one – something that he yearned to do in the moment.

I wasn’t crying because of the past but because of the present. I cried for the loss of my friends. They were all there – but I’d lost them. The bridges that connected both Alex and I so well was torn with rubble. Nadia had forsaken herself to save something so useless to the world – me. And Weiss was half gone without her presence. An overwhelming sensation of guilt continued to pierce at my eyes forcing more little releases of tears. If it weren’t for me, she’d be here. If it weren’t for me Weiss would have her to hold on to. If it weren’t for me Alex wouldn’t be burdened with so much he didn’t know how to tread on.

I was just an inconvenience…that’s all I was…inconvenient.

At my low though Alex managed to startle me by a simple decision. He stretched his arm around me, holding me close. I sunk into his unusual show of comfort in a situation so usually hard for him. We began to lean sideward and eventually we were lying on the sofa. My body pressed warmly against his and his legs crossed soothingly across mine as his arms pulled me beside him.

Something that was effortless for others seemed to make him glow iridescently. He was always confused by an emotionally drenched situation but for once it was clear what he should do: just make me feel wanted.

Her hands grabbed fiercely to his shoulder as she leaned forward to tug at his mouth-watering lips. Ethan held his hand into her hair, scrunching it as he panted into her lips. Something had taken over inside both of them. It was empowering, beautifully empowering.

It didn’t make sense, but he liked it. He enjoyed the friction of her tongue sliding like rough silk into the side of his neck, circling his skin. They both fell into their places so simply, like an overly rehearsed play. He drew his large hand from her long locks of hair to caress her body shape. Ethan gave her a rough shove to lie back on the hard floor such in availability. Nadia yanked at his tie leading him along with her. Over her, he licked her lips with the slight tip of his tongue, tickling her thirst, teasing her. He finally lunged his face deeper downward, plunging his lips within Nadia’s as they played rhythmically with each other.

The passion that collected in the room was too intense for them both to keep to themselves. Their anger took an immediate transformation to an ardent fire. Nadia struggled to justify it all. To her he wasn’t a bad man, just misunderstood and manipulated. Ethan had a good heart but when held under the hands of his superiors it had no choice but to pulsate into a passive evil.

He was a creature of manufactured ice to Nadia at first - but through their many crossings between one another in the past weeks he began to melt, to show what was behind the mask of control. She was no longer rational and sensible – her personality barely applied today.

Ethan wasn’t sure whether she herself was using him for her own game and gain. This scene seemed an impossible event upon their first encounter but now their confusing hate for each other took a sudden surprising turn to evolve into a sexual desire…

Who is Vaughn? Is it the man who you're reffering to as 'Vaughn' or is it 'Ethan'?

Was Ethan the man Nadia kissed? Cuz that's not real Vaughn, is it? :confused:

Or are none of them real Vaughn?

I don't get it.:P

thanks for the pm.

Back