Season 3 Something I noticed

hey Guys!
I was reading some messages about the up coming episode and I realized some points ...

There are some flaws in season 3 of Alias.. mostly in this video of Julia killing Lazarey...

Facts:

1. Jack said he knew Sydney was alive because he saw the video.

2. Lazarey was murdered 9 months before Sydney came back (she said that in The Missing link ... something like the man is dead and then 9 months later Sark gets free)

3. Jack was in jail for 12 months... SO how could he seen the video once he was under custody and Julia hadn´t killed Lazarey yet? Is he some kind of psyche?

I mean, I love Alias... it is the best tv show now, but there are some things really weird... and I´m not even mentioning Vaughn falling in love and getting married in last than 1 year (Jack was really suprised when Syd told that Vaughn was married... which means, before the NSC arrested him, 1 years before, Vaughn wasn´t dating... or he was hiding his relationship with Lauren...
And another point... Vaughn quit the CIA right after Sydney´s death, so how on Earth he fell for Lauren? I know, I heard Weiss telling Sydney the whole story, that she is NSC and was investigating Irina´s escape .. but still, they didn´t work together... he just asked for her number and said "look, you´re pretty and I need to be with someone because my girlfriend is dead, and by the way, she was, also, daughter of the person you are invetigating the escape, and her father you guys of NSC just put him in a solitary cell..."

I mean Come on!! If this is the new Vaughn, please, please, make him be bad one and the real one is atually dead!

Just some thoughts of mine people... But still I love Alias!
And I´m still hoping Sydney and Vaughn can get back together!

Kate.

Those are very good points! i never even thought of it! jj seems to be sliping up, better not get sloppy :P

i wish Vaughn and syd would hurry up and get back together soon!

But what is with vaughn possibly meeting Lauren within one year and marrying her?
What's up with that!

excellent job Kate Finn_BH- i never would have found those mistakes!

wow! i never noticed the 9 months/12 months thing! good catch! and s/v better get back together soon or i'm going to be really mad! i mean, come on, vaughn can't love her that much - he's only known her for a year!

this whole season is a confusion case for the fans ... which has put me to believe that Season 3 is actually ... just a dream Syd is having after the big fight with Allison ... she lost consiousness ... she might be in a coma ... I know, very far-fetched ... but what if its true ... that Syd is just lying in a hospital somewhere ... and she is just having this dream where everybody is there (excluding Irina) plus she adds some new characters into the mix ... :blink: :thinking: :blink: :thinking: :blink: :thinking: :blink: :thinking:

what if at the end of season 3 ... she wakes up and she is lost again for season 4 ... :blink:

I mean ... at season 3 finale ... Vaughn and Lauren are in a car, the car explode, and then she knows for sure that Vaughn is dead, she wakes up ... with him sitting in his room ... and its only been 3 days since Allison's and Will's death ... :blink: :thinking: :blink:

Okkkkkkkkkkk WHAT NOW?!?!?!?!?! :blink: :lol: that last post by ALIAS GAY or whoever, what on earth.........were u making that up? all this has gotten me so confused now! :confused: oh well~! im just gonna watch. luvs~Sarah ^_^

Yeah ... JJ made me do it ... he keeps bugging me with questions and details ...

but wouldn't it be fun if it was true .... :blink:

It would be kinda cool if it was all fake. But could Syd really being havinf a dream this vivid? That kinda sounds like a bad soap opera senario too. JJ will resolve it. I have faith.

I think that the dream is a good idea...but I don't think it would ever happen b/c I think it would be too much for some viewers to comprehend, like it would make the whole plot even more confused....

anyways those are some really good points Kate Finn_BH!!

Kate Finn_BH said:
There are some flaws in season 3 of Alias.. mostly in this video of Julia killing Lazarey...

Facts:

1. Jack said he knew Sydney was alive because he saw the video.

2. Lazarey was murdered 9 months before Sydney came back (she said that in The Missing link ... something like the man is dead and then 9 months later Sark gets free)

3. Jack was in jail for 12 months... SO how could he seen the video once he was under custody and Julia hadn´t killed Lazarey yet? Is he some kind of psyche?
Good pick up on the 9 month / 12 month thing - i never noticed that. Maybe this was on purpose and we'll find out more!? You never know with Jack!!!

But as for the Vaughn and Lauren thing - i thought about that as soon as Weiss told Syd how Vaughn met Lauren - i mean either he quit the CIA or he didn't, right. I guess maybe an explanation would be that they asked Vaughn back to wrap up the Irina stuff - since he was so heavily involved. But even so - it does seem like a silly mistake to show us and not explain properly!!!!! JJ must know we pick apart every bit of every episode!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also realized the discrepancy of 3 month between the video and the report of the murder. May be someone faked the evidence to throw Syd in jail.
Something does not seem real in season 3. Vaughn and also Dixon seem so unemotional. No warm or hearty welcome from Dixon for Syd his friend and colleague for 9 years when she came back. OK he is his superior but he is also her friend, they saved each others life and shared secrets like Dixon’s drug test last season.
When Vaughn was unconscious in the hospital he was so in love with Syd. He acted as we know him from season 1 + 2 and I am pretty sure that is the way he really feels for Syd. But as soon as he regain consciousness he shields deliberately or not his true feelings. Why? It seem as if his love for Syd is deleted from his will as soon as his wife is next to him. What also puzzles me is the fact that he likes to drink alcohol in a hospital. Remember that he told Syd that after her death he got up in the night to have a drink.
What happened to our heroes Vaughn, Dixon? They are not smart and clever any more. If they act like normal and ordinary people by forgetting the love of his life and move on with another woman, we can see this in the neighbourhood we must not watch TV.

gigi-2000 said:
I also realized the discrepancy of 3 month between the video and the report of the murder. May be someone faked the evidence to throw Syd in jail.
Something does not seem real in season 3. Vaughn and also Dixon seem so unemotional. No warm or hearty welcome from Dixon for Syd his friend and colleague for 9 years when she came back. OK he is his superior but he is also her friend, they saved each others life and shared secrets like Dixon’s drug test last season.
When Vaughn was unconscious in the hospital he was so in love with Syd. He acted as we know him from season 1 + 2 and I am pretty sure that is the way he really feels for Syd. But as soon as he regain consciousness he shields deliberately or not his true feelings. Why? It seem as if his love for Syd is deleted from his will as soon as his wife is next to him. What also puzzles me is the fact that he likes to drink alcohol in a hospital. Remember that he told Syd that after her death he got up in the night to have a drink.
What happened to our heroes Vaughn, Dixon? They are not smart and clever any more. If they act like normal and ordinary people by forgetting the love of his life and move on with another woman, we can see this in the neighbourhood we must not watch TV.
you took the words right out of my mouth!! all of the characters this season seem to have no emotion! they're all acting like mindless drones!
i sure hope that this whole thing is a big nightmare of syd's cause i just can't stand everyone acting like this!
it's kinda creepin me out! :hide:

Maybe Jack was exgaerrating (sp?) about his time under US custody being 12 months ...9 is close to 12, right?

I'm just guessing though

Well, it was Dixon who first told Sydney Jack had been in prison for almost a year.

Ep 3x01 @ 9:50 Dixon: "almost a year"
ep 3x01 @41:30 Jack: "almost a year after your apparent death... was on an operation... placed camera"

Ep 03x02 @29:50 Sydney: "I'm responsible for Lazarey's death and 9 months later the Covenant gets Sark released..."

Ep 03x04 @ 2:10 Jack: "I've been living with these questions for over a year..."

Maybe there were some other lines there and they got cut... "blah blah X happened after I'm responsible for Lazarey's death, and 9 months later the covenant gets Sark released..."

About V & L, people have gotten together under stranger circumstances. And I'm not sure about everyone being emotionless. Sydney certainly still cares about Vaughn (at the science ministry, the exchange about peach not being in this season in 3x04, etc.) and Vaughn is simply not willing to be unfaithful to his wife.

I'm no AAA expert, but I'd guess that alcoholics driven by emotional crisis don't have drinking problems after the crisis is over.

Maybe the 9 months thing is a plot hole. It wouldn't necessarily be the first. The whole Rambaldi thing was a timetable disaster. If Sydney and Dixon were pretty much the two best officers, and they'd been with SD-6 for years already and had heard nothing about Rambaldi, it's hard to believe Sloane managed to collect any artifacts before Season 1 started. So for 28 years he knew about Rambaldi but didn't manage to get any artifacts? In 1x03 Sloane implies he's curious about Rambaldi but didn't believe that his works had any significance before he saw the binary sequence. Either he was seriously bluffing or that's a gigantic plot hole.

I wouldn't pay strict attention to timetables with Alias. However, I wouldn't say that Sloane had no artifacts before season 1, either. We don't know what he had or not--he might have had things that came from other sources than Sydney/Dixon or were not identified as Rambaldi. Time on Alias moved faster than actual time through the first two seasons because when Dixon asked how long Sydney had known about SD-6 she indicated that it had been about 2 years when it had been more like 1 1/2 years by our reckoning. It might be a mistake as easily as something that we need to pay attention to. We're talking about a multi-episode arc in which episodes are written as they go--they can't go back and fix their errors; they're committed to film. It's not like a novel, which is complete and edited when it goes to press.

Time could be an important thing to look at, but it's so tricky to work with in the business and it could so easily be a mistake that I look to other things as more reliable indicators.
;)

as for time table, I guess we could wait and see what Allison tells Syd when she meets with her again ... :blink:

Do we really know when Sark got out? Maybe it was a while ago and she killed Lazeray one year ago, before Jack went to prison. Or maybe that wasn't really Sydney on the tape. I don't think that JJ would make such a big mistake unless it was to prove the tape or some other discrepency wrong. He knows what he is doing.

Alias_Gay said:
this whole season is a confusion case for the fans ... which has put me to believe that Season 3 is actually ... just a dream Syd is having after the big fight with Allison ... she lost consiousness ... she might be in a coma ... I know, very far-fetched ... but what if its true ... that Syd is just lying in a hospital somewhere ... and she is just having this dream where everybody is there (excluding Irina) plus she adds some new characters into the mix ... :blink: :thinking: :blink: :thinking: :blink: :thinking: :blink: :thinking:

what if at the end of season 3 ... she wakes up and she is lost again for season 4 ... :blink:

I mean ... at season 3 finale ... Vaughn and Lauren are in a car, the car explode, and then she knows for sure that Vaughn is dead, she wakes up ... with him sitting in his room ... and its only been 3 days since Allison's and Will's death ... :blink: :thinking: :blink:
I totally agree, that's my theory and it's becoming more and more likely that it's true. especially with the abumdance of alice in wonderland references this season (see the Alice in Wonderland thread)

and it's not actually that far-fetched, but if she is sort of dreaming j.j.'ll make it something way cooler and rambaldified than just a coma ;)

gtg, must sleep :smiley: :confused:
dbrizz

Back