Somewhere I Belong. . .

Hey i know i already have so many fics in progress but i had this idea and i wanted to try writing something that has 'NO' spy cia content. .
In other words i wanted to write something more fluffly than my usual. . .
So anyway i hope you like and please let me know what you think. . .

Aww thanks Amy sweetie!
:blush:

Chapter One.

It was the second of July.
Sydney always dreaded this day.
For as long as she could remember she knew how hurt her mom always felt on this day. . .
Because it was on the second of July when Sydney wasnt even born yet that Mr Bristow 'her father.' had met with a accident and passed away.
Even now as Sydney walked down the corridor after having kissed her mum good night, she stopped outside her Mother's closed bedroom door.
Sure enough as Sydney had suspected her mom was softly crying.
Sydney sank to her feet outside the door wishing she could comfort her mother, but knowing in her heart that her mom wouldnt want to see her looking sad. . .
Her mom really loved her . .
Sydney quickly got up and not being able to stand there a minute longer, she quietly exited the house and ran
'not walked' down the quiet street to the old church.
She had to see father Dowling.
For as long as she could remember the old priest had been like a father to her. . .
Always listening to her problems and giving her advice.
Sydney pulled open the doors to the church and burst in running past the pews to the confession box.
She knelt down on the wooden floor.
"Father. . .Its me Sydney. . " she whispered and when he didnt reply she went on.
"I have not come here to confess. . I have come to speak of the tragedy in my family. . The death of my young father." she paused trying to gather her thoughts.
"It just hurts so much . .Seeing mom in pain. . She tries to hide it from me. . .But i see it. . And it hurts." Sydney said softly wanting to cry right now.
She heard him shift in the small box next to her.
"My child. .Losing a loved one is never easy. . "
Sydney cried out in horror and jumped to her feet.
The voice that had spoken to her. . .That wasnt Father Dowling's voice.
Sydney swallowed hard angry that this new Father hadnt informed her that he wasnt the usual.
"Who are you? I normally speak to Father Dowling." she demanded loudly.
"Please calm down my child." he began and she shook her head in disbelief.
That voice. . .It sounded way to young. . .
She stepped out of her box and yanked open the door to where the New Father was sitting.
"Hey! You cant do that." the aggrieved Father. . Or rather the eighteen year old boy yelled out as he sat up.
Sydney glared at him her hands on her hips.
"Yeah yeah. Youre just a kid." she said disgustedly.
He looked miffed.
"Im eighteen! And im studying how to become a Father of this church! Father Dowling is away due to a family crisis so im filling in for him while he's away." The boy informed her looking indignant.
"So how shall i adress you? Father kid?" she said sarcastically, still angry that she had been speaking to him all the while thinking it was Father Dowling.
"Its Father Vaughn! And like youre so mature? What are you? Twelve years old?" Vaughn asked still looking offended.
"Im sixteen you freaking bozo!" she snapped feeling irritated.
He shook his head reprovingly.
"Please refrain from using such language in the house of God my child."
"That wasnt a swear word! And its Sydney to you." she informed him as she glanced at his full black robe.
"I thought boys your age dont wear such religous garb." she said unable to resist teasing him.
He sighed
"Why dont you just go sit in the confessional box, like a nice little girl and we can talk. Perhaps i can help you."
She stared at him for a long moment.
"No thanks. But i only speak to Father Dowling." she said primly as she began to back away.
"I dont know when Father Dowling will be coming back. . His mother is fatally ill." Vaughn said somberly.
She stopped in her tracks.
"Oh my God. . Thats awful." she whispered feeling horrible.
"Pray for him. That always helps." Vaughn called after her in a Haughty 'Holier Than Thou' tone.
Sydney clenched her teeth as she walked out of the church.
Grrr. . .She was REALLY going to miss Father Dowling.
"Honey eat up! You gonna be late for school." Her mom told her as Sydney shovelled cereal into her mouth.
Sydney nodded and glanced out the window at the pretty white shuttered house next door.
There was a truck in the driveway. . .
'Hmm someone must be finally moving in there.' Sydney thought.
"Hey mom whats up with the house next door." Sydney asked as her mom poured a cup of coffee.
"Oh yes! I forgot to tell you! Were getting new neighbours!" Her mom said as she bustled around the kitchen.
"Who are they?" Sydney asked curious to know who was moving in.
Her mom turned to her with a brilliant smile.
"Why you didnt know sweetheart? Its the well respected Vaughns!" she trilled.
Sydney's blood froze.
'Oh No. . ' She thought barely stifling a groan.
To have to live next door to that annoying boy??
This had to be a nightmare!!!

Please Review!

This had to be a nightmare!!!
Having Vaughn as a neighbour is a really tragic thing :D Terrible. I got a feeling that she will camearound . Rather sooner then later. I mean this is Vaughn. Vaughn :D

This is really cute :D
I can already picture a young Vaughn wanting to become a father but something tells me that he'll eevntually give that up, at least that's what I hope.
I would love to read more so don't forget to put me on the pm list ;)

I'm sure Sydney's dismay about the Vaughn's moving in next door, will soon change. Then, she'll need to confess she likes Michael

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Back