Season 5 SPOILERY tidbits in USA TODAY today

i read a small article about the 4th season of Alias-this is paraphrased--
-the Rambaldi storyline will be finished within the first few episodes
and from then on, each episodes storyline will be pretty much concluded in that episode(i.e.-no long running storylines like we are used to)
-wish i could remember word for word what the article said but that is pretty much it

Television
'Alias' films, but there's a 'Catch'

Alias fans, have you had enough of the Rambaldi plotline? Well, apparently so has ABC. When the show begins its new season in January, you'll be getting 20 self-contained episodes.

This month, Greg Grunberg and the rest of the Alias cast will begin filming a new season of the cult hit ABC program starring Jennifer Garner. Set as a midseason replacement with new episodes airing in January, Alias will be different next season, says Grunberg, who plays agent Eric Weiss. The wacky Rambaldi plotline, with its 500-year-old prophecy of doom, will dissipate, and each episode will be self-contained. Viewers can expect an uninterrupted 20-episode run of new shows.

----

:hi: Jinnie here! I posted this on page 2, but people are skipping over it. :smiley:

That's really misleading. There still will be linkage between eps, and Rambaldi will still be an underlying backdrop.

Just not in the let's-use-Rambaldi-as-a-band-aid-for-all-plotholes kinda way, as it was done in S3.

I dont' know if its just me, but I kinda liked the long running story lines and the Rambaldi stuff. It added a little spice to the show. So it wasn't like a normal ol' "These people are going to try to get this but we're goign to get it before them." Plot line every single week.

I just hope that JJ doens't end Rambaldi in a cheesy way.

-Kat

The stupid thing is that we finally get practically uninterrupted alias episodes and *poof* they become self-contained... a little peeved @ that.

i have a love/ hate relationship with the running story lines= i really hate this idea of no re-runs- what if i miss an epi!!!!!- i guess that's the only good thing about having a new plot to each episode- at least you won't miss anything critical- oh boy, i'm started to get worried- what are they doing to alias!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :shocked:

I'm actually glad that the Rambaldi thing will be ending. *Ducks flying tomatoes* It just got to the point where it didn't really seem like the CIA anymore, it seemed like a whole new thing having to do with the supernatural, not external affairs. So, maybe it's just me, but i can't wait.

well i figured they can't keep the Rambaldi storyline forever, but i too like long running storylines! they're better than self-contained, IMO. why don't they combined both?

[quote name='cg's-gal_72689' date='Jul 14 2004, 07:14 PM']I'm actually glad that the Rambaldi thing will be ending. *Ducks flying tomatoes* It just got to the point where it didn't really seem like the CIA anymore, it seemed like a whole new thing having to do with the supernatural, not external affairs. So, maybe it's just me, but i can't wait.[/quote]
I agree 100%.

November 13 said:
The stupid thing is that we finally get practically uninterrupted alias episodes and *poof* they become self-contained... a little peeved @ that.
Good point Eva ... ABC was all concerned about the consistancy of the episodes so they air them consectivly (I can't spell :P ) and now they're self-contained :thud:

My opinions mixed on this. The Rambaldi thing was getting out of hand, but it added something different to the show. I just hope that they wrap it up in the right way, not just in one episode it's all gone.

I do think that it'll be good for ratings (the self-contained eps)

there's no point in starting so late if they're just going to have self contained episodes
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! they can never just fix one thing... they change so many things at once that they just get right back to another bad spot...
and i'm going to miss rambaldi.... i liked it when it was just a little in to it.... not so deep like last season
oh well

GAH! :eek: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

there's no point in starting so late if they're just going to have self contained episodes FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! they can never just fix one thing... they change so many things at once that they just get right back to another bad spot...

I agree!! I think they should just approach Season 4 like how they approached Season 1 and 2!!! (n)

geeze...they don't need to be self-contained. they just need to contain the rambaldi a bit. it was just going over the top a bit. when we first learned about rambaldi it was this cool mysterious guy who lived five hundred years ago and made amazing machines. that's right, it was about the machines... not about going crazy. i loved it when syd was going after these machines of his.

...i don't want alias to turn into a show like all the others *tear*

I kinda like the long running storylines, because its like the whole season is one big puzzle that we put together as we go along. Well thats just my opinion, it will take some getting use to. But i bet jj abrams wont make it cheesy either i trust him. :rolleyes:

That's really misleading. There still will be linkage between eps, and Rambaldi will still be an underlying backdrop.

Just not in the let's-use-Rambaldi-as-a-band-aid-for-all-plotholes kinda way, as it was done in S3.

It's an interesting theory, I think if there going to have a 2-Hour Series opener, I belive they should have that last scene again before going...

"128 Hour Earlier"

Then have 2 hours explaining out the Rambaldi plot line, etc. etc. Then give us another clue to the 'Box' forcing Sydney to go there on a mission, get caught by Jack & make that episode 2.

Just my thoughts though, if there getting rid of Rambaldi they should concerntrate on it & then go to that series ending.

I am gonna miss the Rambaldi story-line ... but if thats what JJ wants to make Alias better ... I am 100% with him ... I will watch anyways ... :cool:

THAT SUCKS !

Sydney's link with Rambaldi (as well as her whole family) is also the link between all the episodes in Alias. I don't care if she goes on mission with red hair or a leather dress, I don't care whether she sleeps with Vaughn or not, I want to know what's going on with Rambaldi !

If they KILL that storyline, it will render the greatest show unto utter desolation !!!

Have you noticed that Sydney wants to leave the CIA ? If she's still in, it's because she wanted to destroy SD-6, then because she wanted to see her mother then because she wanted to know about "the two", and then because there was Vaughn... If the Rambaldi storyline is ended and the episodes get "storylineless", why would she still be an agent ?

I'd prefer they complete the show with a good season 4, with an outstanding end in which she would fulfill Rambaldi's prophecy, leave the CIA, find her mother, marry with Vaughn, become a teacher (!!!) or a good house wife (!!!) rather than they make nonsense episodes.

GOOD ALIAS OR NO ALIAS !

Back