Politics state terrorism

Existentialist

Entertainment Moderator
I'm sure I'm going to probably get a lot of beef for insinuating that the US (the gov't, of course, not the citizens) is/was a terrorist of any kind. However, I implore you to keep an open mind and just think about some things...

The whole problem between Israel and Palistine began in 1917, after WWI, when Britain determined that there would be a Jewish state, and this state would be in Palestinian territory. Jewish people could go there and live or stay where they are (and retain any power they have). The Palistinians would still have their rights preserved. This was a crazy idea. Of course it didn't happen that way. Battles break out.

Palistians are killing Israelis, yes. But Israelis are also killing Palistinians. The way I see it, neither are really in the right as long as they keep killing each other. Israel has committed many terrorist acts (against Egypt as well). The UN has gotten together to vote whether or not to interfere and tell Israel to basically cool it. And 47 times (at least, this is the number my prof gave... he may be wrong)... every single vote... the US has vetoed. The US has also gone as far as to persuade other less powerful countries to vote with the US. This in itself is slightly corrupt. The US also provides lots of aid to Israel.

If Israel commits terrorist acts, and the US supports Israel, does that also make the US a terrorist state?

Also, in what was once the Belgian Congo, in the 1950s, the US helped the Congo become its own power. The Congo citizens were allowed to elect their own first leader, Patrice Lumumba. However, he was seen as too persuasive, with too many of his own ideas and the US assassinated him not long after he went into office, and installed a more foreign-friendly leader named Mobutu.

Doesn't this also qualify the US as a state terrorist?

There are more examples and I will go into more detail later, when I have more time.

Well, according to Michael Moore:

How to stop terrorism? Stop being terrorists!

I suggest you consider my ideas that will definitely make America a safer country:

2. When raging a coup and overthrowing the democratically elected leader of another country, do it right. Don't force the people of those countries to live under a US-sponsored dictatoriship as we did in Chile, Indonesia, and Guatemala.
3. Propping up existing dictators does not endear us to the people living under the rule of those dictators.
6. It might be good to find out why hundreds of millions of people on three continents are so pissed off about Israel.
7. Five percent of the world's population (that's us) use up 25 percent of the entire world's energy resorces, and the well-off 16 percent, mostly the US, Europe, and Japan, use up to 80 percent of the world's goods.
8. We need to offer the world a drink of water. Right now, 1.3 billion people can't have a clean glass of water.
9. People should be able to buy the products they are making. The factory workers in China earn 12 cents an hour making those cute toys for Disney. It was Henry Ford's idea that everyone should get five bucks a day (a bonanza in those times).
10. No child must be a slave laborer. While you are sending your child to school with a banana in his lunch box, ten-year-olds in Ecuador are trotting off to work beside their parents at banana plantations where they earn nothing!
11. When we kill civilians we shouldn't call it "collateral damage." When they kill civilians we call it terrorism.
13. One sure-fire way to make us really safe would be to destroy the weapons of mass destruction still in the hands of the nation that has killed more people with them than all other nuclear nations combined. Yes, let's destroy our weapons of mass destruction.
14. We must immediately disavow Bush's preemptive war policy.
15. Stop acting like a thief who says "stick 'em up, hand over your weapons, and okay, now hand over your oil."
16. Stop terrorizing your own citizens with the Patriot Act.
18. And finally, let's set a good example.
Dude Where's My Country?, Chapter 5

We all know that Michael Moore is extremely biased, but he makes valid points.

Just because we support Israel, that doesn't make us terrorists. At all -_- associations with terrorist groups is different unless they are associated through helping them commit terrorist acts. I don't believe that because the US supports Israelis, it makes the US a terrorist state.

Alias_Addict47 said:
Just because we support Israel, that doesn't make us terrorists. At all  -_- associations with terrorist groups is different unless they are associated through helping them commit terrorist acts. I don't believe that because the US supports Israelis, it makes the US a terrorist state.
[post="1021360"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

But see, the US provides funding for Israel... and I'm sure the US doesn't mean for Israel to spend this money on killing innocent civilians, but they do. The US is a sponsor for a terrorist state.

The US Department of State acknowledges state-sponsored international terrorism (the seven nations are Cuba, Ira, Iraq, Libya, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria), but they seem to be unwilling to go the next step and identify gov'ts as terrorist.

In a direct quote from an article written by a prof at my university, Robert B. Ashmore...

"International terrorism sponsored by the CIA has included overthrow of popularly elected Salvador Allende in Chile, overthrow of similarly elected Mohammed Mossadegh in Iran and installation of the Shah Reza Pahlavi, as well as overthrow of democratically elected Patrice Lumumba in Zaire and support of his tyrant successor, Mobutu Sese Seko - to name a few. And, as the principal and almost exclusive backer of Israel since its creation, the United States is here argued to be a sponsor of international terrorism, since Israel systematically has engaged in state terrorism for fifty years."

Another example...

In Kurdistan, Kurds are denied autonomy. At one point, they were being bombed by Turkey and Iraq (under Saddam Hussain). Yet, Pres Clinton supported Turkey while opposing Iraq. Sponsorship of a terrorist state again.

In my opinion, unles the US actually helps and sends troups out to do terrorist acts they aren't terrorists :rolleyes: Ya it makes them a terrorist sponser. But I see what your saying though. Support is still like help...But I live in the US so I'm like in denile :(

Alias_Addict47 said:
In my opinion, unles the US actually helps and sends troups out to do terrorist acts they aren't terrorists  :rolleyes: Ya it makes them a terrorist sponser. But I see what your saying though. Support is still like help...But I live in the US so I'm like in denile  :(
[post="1021419"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I live in the US too. It doesn't make YOU a bad person if the country you live in is involved in state terrorism. Unless you work for the State Department... :Ph34r:

Support isn't like help... support IS help.

The israel/palestine situation is a very fragile one, there is no peaceful solution to it. Both sides have commited autrocities against the other. Sharon is a war criminal for his work in the 80's in Lebanon and he still hasn't been incarcerated for that. The people of Israel elected him into office AFTER becoming a war criminal, where's the sense in that?

Arafat is no angel himself, he's caused a lot of damage too. Peace will NOT be an issue when these 2 are in power, i guarantee it.

The USA cannot cut aid to Israel, why? .... cause if they do the jewish people in Israel are gonna be wiped from the face of the earth in no time flat. The Israeli situation is so delicate that even the thought of peace by any side (as it stands now) will provoke aggressors on both sides and result in more bloodshed.

The US lying to go to war with Iraq, that is terrorism in my opinion. He completely hid the truth from the public (Bush) in order to start a war with a country. The war was illegal. It was terrorism to the Iraqi people.

oh, americans are DEFINTELY terrorists. we're just brought up with the propaganda that we are the best and rule the world and the ugly side of america is not taught, but it doesnt mean that it's not there.

the_alliance said:
oh, americans are DEFINTELY terrorists. we're just brought up with the propaganda that we are the best and rule the world and the ugly side of america is not taught, but it doesnt mean that it's not there.
[post="1024124"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
we aren't terrorists, the government and Bush are terrorists :angry: because americans are a wide stretch and i'm american and i don't want be in that wide spread :D .

like it or not, the world sees ALL americans as they see our leaders just like we see all Middle Eastern ppl as we see a few of radicals. sad but true.

Back