Season 3 Sydney is not really Sydney

My idea:

The Sydney that we're watching in the episodes since the beggining of season 3 is not the REAL Sydney. The REAL Sydney is still in somewhere and nobody knows where. She probably still captured by the Convenant and no one knows because not even Sydney (the FAKE one) knows. AHÁ! Sydney (FAKE) was brainwashed and she thinks she is the REAL Sydney. Oh My God! Does anyone agree with this?

I'm not so sure about that...the fact that she knew that little detail about Will in eppy 10 might disprove that theory. Only the real Syd would remember/know that little detail about him.

Syd knew what happened to Will when he went to the interview to become a jornalist and how he became accepted.
I think this is the real Syd.

yeah, i readed the transcript. We all know that Evil Francie (Allison) used to pass along information for Sloane when she was doubled. So, now that I think that Sloane is behind the Convenant, he knows a lot of things about will and sydney, because evil francie living with them for so long time also knew. So any information that Sydney knows now is because she received brainwash.

I don't think so that soesn't really make scence if they were going to put a fake sdney in there she would be evil not the same as normal sydney ;)

i would say its an interesting theory but...how could the covanent give fake syd all of real syd's memories....i mean when syd woke up in hong kong the last thing she remembered was passing out...and she knew everything of her life before...how could they get fake syd to know all of that

another explanation for my theory. why did sydney fought with herself in the episode 9? And why does she saw herself multiples times in double? this is very weird!!!!!! can anyone explain me that? thanxs. natypottier

You've been missing a lot of the threads that have offered explanations as to why Syd fought herself. It's all but confirmed that Sydney actually wanted her memory erased (or that she willingly underwent memory erasure), for one reason or another. Speculation seems to point to the fact that she was saving Vaugn's life by not making contact with him during her two-year absence, and she couldn't live with the memories from her two years. Other speculation seems to only depart from this first theory a little bit--that it was necessary for her to erase her memory in order to save Vaughn. In other words, she knew something that was compromising Vaughn's safety. Maybe the Covenant was threatening to kill Vaughn if Syd didn't give up that piece of info. Whatever the case, the theory is that she willingly underwent memory erasure to save Vaughn.

Either way, she's fighting herself in her dream because, subconsciously, she doesn't want to remember what happened during the two years. In the dream, "Evil" Syd knows things that "Pure" Syd doesn't. One of the things she knows is why Sydney/Julia willingly wanted her memory erased. Such will be one of the subjects/topics of the next episode--Full Disclosure.

As to your theory, I think's it's wrong. Beyond the fact that Syd knew a minute detail concerning Will, she also knew about her 1st edition "Alice In Wonderland" book, given to her by her mother. In episode three where she was spying on Sark and the former Russian general in Mexico, Syd knew about an unconventional method she and Vaughn had used before, i.e. setting the decibel level of the general's earpiece to high level and blowing the feed to buy time for her to take out her enemies. Beyond even that, the dreams she was having, the messages she was finding, and the memory retrieval (dream) procedure she underwent were all deeply personal, and revealed subconcious thoughts that only the real Syd could have.

I agree witht he above post...It has to be the real Syd for all of those reason. I also believe that there is something to that doctor that Syd killed in 3.2-the one who said he could never break her(He may be the guy in her dream sequence?)...I think it will be revealed soon...hopefully.

Back