Tenderbear Reviews "Lost 1.03"

TENDERBEAR REVIEWS...
Lost 1.03: "Tabula Rasa"

Basic Synopsis: The party who went on a hike to transmit for help are now let down by their findings. They set up camp and spend a night away from the others, as more questions are passed between them. Back at the beach, the wounded man motions Jack to look at a photo. In it is Kate, posing for a mugshot. Hurley also sees this photo and becomes very apprehensive. The party comes back, and Jack waits for Kate to tell him the truth-- she does not. The wounded man, upon seeing Kate, grabs her by the throat. This makes him in worse condition, as Jack reveals he will probably not make it. Locke makes a dog whistle and brings the boy's dog back to him. The end of the episode leaves us with Jack making a hard decision-- to euthanize the man in dire pain.

Best Part of the Episode: The scene toward the end when Sawyer tries to persuade Kate into killing the wounded man. Then Sawyer ends up shooting him, but it doesn't kill him! Jack is the one who ends up euthanizing the poor guy! That was really exciting and a fun twist.

Worst Part of the Episode: The first couple of flashbacks to Kate's life on the farm were a little bit boring, and unnessecary if you ask me. It took away a lot of excitement from the main plot.

Best Aspect of the Episode: A little more of Kate's mysterious past is revealed to us.

Worst Aspect of the Episode: Is her past really still as mysterious as it seemed to be? I don't care as much how she got arrested...

The GREAT: Sawyer (really shined in this episode), Hurley (did I mention I really like this guy?)

The Good: The ending twist, Kate, Jack, Walt/Michael and the dog story, Claire, Sun and Jin, Locke and the mystery surrounding him

The Bad: The flashbacks. *Yawn* Boooring!

Overall Rating: 7/10 - As expected (or by me at least), Lost did not hold up its perfection from the pilot. Don't get me wrong, it's still a fabulous show, but just like Alias' second episode, "Tabula Rasa" could not compete with the breathtaking pilot. I still love this show and can't wait to find out what happens to these people next. Something tells me this show will be a lot like Alias, in the sense that you'll have some really stand-out episodes throughout the season, and the others will just bleed into each other. We'll see though... ;)

And just so y'all know:

Tenderbear's Grading System!
A scale from 1-10
11 - Will go down in television history! Some of the best TV work of all time!
10 - A true work of genius!
9 - Excellently presented, scripted, acted, and directed!
8 - An example of great TV.
7 - A good, solid hour of television.
6 - Flawed, but still has its moments.
5 - Not the best way to spend an hour, but still okay.
4 - Pretty bad and disappointing.
3 - Absolutely rotten. What a waste of time!
2 - Like listening to nails against a chalkboard for an hour!
1 - Death is preferred over this felgercarb!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Post thoughts and comments! Thanks so much! :D

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Plus: Are all these character names getting YOU confused? Find out who's who on LOST by going HERE!

There's four tvs in my house... FOUR! And I wasn't able to watch it tonight. :hmm: My cousin was watching friggin' SMALLVILLE (his favorite show :rolleyes:) in the basement, my aunt and uncle and dad were watching their friggin' soap opera in the living room, I didn't want to go into the guest room where my aunt and uncle are staying, and my tv is friggin' all staticy so that you can't hear what's going on... :wtf: Can't even watch something in my own house! :angry:

But anyways! I've got the episode and I'm about to watch it now...

It wasn't as good as the previous two episodes but it was still good and let me tell you next week looks like it is going to be awesome.

Does anyone else think that Charlie and Claire my hook up? There was some chemistry there.

AliasTinkerbell said:
Does anyone else think that Charlie and Claire my hook up? There was some chemistry there.
[post="1020721"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Yeah. Definite chemistry between Charlie and Claire! *shudders* I just realized we're going to have to watch poor Claire give birth on a deserted island... maybe Charlie could be the adopted father? Who knows what J.J. has in his head!

Back