Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fill in the Blank

• Long essay

• Short essay

• Total voters
I hate taking tests, but the formatting makes a big difference in how much *fun* it is. I like multiple choice except when the answers are so vague you can't figure them out. Essays are tolerable & when I actually know what I'm talking about I can write more than required, but not when you can't remember anything. Especially when the essays are at the end of the exam... :angry:

I usually get a combination of those types on any given test. For a subject I don't understand very well, I prefer true/false, because I have a 50% chance of getting it right.

--jenn :juggle:

I prefer multiple choice, but yea indeed, sometimes the questions/answers are vague, especially when it comes to math and science. And therefore it's extremely frustrating. But I absolutely hate essay questions.

hah yes im the only one that picked short essay!
here is my reasoing: first t/f suck and confuse the felgercarb otta me
long essays suck too - they break my hand
muliti choice are ok but sometimes i get all confused too

so short essays are the best cuz they are easy to BS

I would say short answer (which is the "short essay" ) mainly because the questions that are asked are rarely objective, it's more than likely subjective which means that you can't have a "wrong" answer, you just need to be able to support your point very well. ;)
--mandy :angelic:

I like MC best-- but it has to have at least 60-100 questions. There is more of a range covered with MC, unlike essays in which you are asked general things mostly and a lot of your studying turns out to be in vain.

MC can be good, but for me it depends on the subject matter and how much I'm willing to study. I tend to do well on short answer and long essay questions, though they can be a pain.

Multiple Choice is tricky, especially when they take off points when your answer is wrong.
You can't copy them with us, cuz there are more than one version... (n)

I've never had true or false and short essay is too short for me

I chose long essay, cuz you can write a lot and explain everything very slowly :D and if you don't know the answer you can just ramble on about everything else...

peanutbutter said:
Multiple Choice is tricky, especially when they take off points when your answer is wrong.
You can't copy them with us, cuz there are more than one version... (n)

I've never had true or false and short essay is too short for me

I chose long essay, cuz you can write a lot and explain everything very slowly  :D  and if you don't know the answer you can just ramble on about everything else...
[post="1133284"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Multiple choice can be made very difficult. But more likely than not, if you can eliminate even 1 choice as the wrong answer, you are in better shape.

Depends on the subject...if I know alot about it, multiple choice, but that can be confusing sometimes....if it's RE or English or Sociology, that I'd rather a short essay.

Jai

Ugh tests... I said multiple choice although I agree that it does depend on the subject, I do better on my bio essays than bio multiple choice... Actually the same thing goes for history. Ok whoops, I like short essays more, but I voted multiple choice! I'm always getting these multiple choice tests where all the answers are right, and the one that's most right is the one your suppose to choose. :hmm:

Back