Textures And Patterns

thanks for the tips leah 0 makes me wanna try making my own textures!!! i already tried some from photos i have on my laptop but i may go off and create!!!!!!!!!!!! :smiley:

My first attempt at making a simple texture :thinking:

800 x 600 | 1024 x 768
text1sm.jpg

ooh nice u guys! and leah, that's a good rule. uhhhhhhh i dunno if this is considered one and it's eh, brown but i was just fiddling around with this the other day and saved it. oh what the heck here is w/e it's called.

Existentialist said:
Jaimie, I think you just posted the same texture 3 times.

To make my texture, this is kind of what I did...

(make sure you have black on a white background)
- go to filter --> render --> clouds
- then go to filter --> pixelate --> mezzotint
- from the menu, select 'long lines'... the other options provide varied effects
- then go to filter --> blur --> radial blur
- choose '100', 'zoom', and 'best'
- then using the 'blur' tool, you can get rid of the speckle-type thing that is probably on some of it.
- then to add color, go to image --> adjust --> hue/saturation
- make sure to select 'colorize'... and try not to make the saturation too high, because then the color will be really bright.

That's basically it. I obviously played with some stuff to get the effect I wanted. I also added some pattern... if you don't know how to make your own, use pattern brushes I'm sure we all have. :lol:
yeah, i got a reload thing on my computer so when i reloaded, that happened. i fixed it though :smiley:

Vaughn_Lovah said:
oooh Erika and Buff very very cool ^_^

Ill probably mess around with this tomorrow or sometime this week
thanks bobo. ^_^ haha i wasn't even trying.. all i was doing was messing around with psp. i just took the first pictures of irina from my av and ran a brush up and down on it for fun then it looked cool so i enlarged and walla. :blink: eh, i'm weird.

it's fine with me, fivetoesonefoot.

Oooo I like it Bobo!

I don't really like to use bright colors either. :lol: However... apparently, I do like the color blue... I have a lot of blue wps.

i made a few less bright ones. i like bright wps, so i make bright textures :lol: oh well, more coming tonight

ok so i have been playing around too - (see how u inspired us all jaimie!!!)
and here is what i think to be the bext one so far well its pretyy plain but its a start.

Back