Drama The Butler

Arris

Cadet
The new movie The Butler is a great story of White House butler who served eight U.S. presidents over a period of 30 years. Throughout this movie the butler experienced the hate and changes of discrimination of colored people around the world. With historical references to the Civil Rights movement including the Black Panther Party all the way down to the KKK. This is a great movie with actors including Robin Williams, James Marsden, John Cusak, and even Oprah Winfrey. This is one historical movie i'd recommend to anyone. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD.

Anyone seen it yet? Heard about it? I hear people are calling it the new Forest Gump! I wouldn't go that far, but it is a great movie in my opinion. :eek:

I've not seen it yet - but have heard that it's excellent. It should be with such an all-star cast!
I'm not exactly sure how anyone could equate The Butler to Forrest Gump though **confused**

J.

Oprah Winfrey is definitely not a fan of foul language. Fans know that the media mogul is not too fond go the N-word, but in a recent interview to promote Lee Daniel’s The Butler, she revealed that she doesn’t use the B-word either.

“That’s the first time those words have ever come out of my mouth,” Winfrey told HipHollywood about a scene where her character, Gloria Gaines, called Carol Hammie, played by Yaya Alafi, a “trifling a** bi**h.”

“I don’t think I’ve ever used the B-word,” she gushed. “I’ve never called anybody a b*tch my whole life, so it was kinda fun.”

She added that it felt “very releasing.”

The Butler has remained at the top of the box office since it’s release on August 16. This weekend, the the film grossed $17 million, according to studio estimates.
From HelloBeautiful.com

2 Words ==> Lying Bitch!
bettyboop.gif

Comments? LOL

Anyone seen it yet? Heard about it? I hear people are calling it the new Forest Gump! I wouldn't go that far, but it is a great movie in my opinion. :eek:
I'm not exactly sure how anyone could equate The Butler to Forrest Gump though **confused**
The comparison to Forrest Gump is likely related to how the movie shows the main character transitioning through several major periods of American pop & political cultures.
2 Words ==> Lying Bitch!
bettyboop.gif

Comments? LOL
She has never called anybody a "bitch" before? No comment! :P

Back