The Crossroads of Our Lives

i love all the tension b/t syd and vaughn! i know she wants to relax around him and fall into her "role" :smiley: but stupid noah and syd's sense of loyalty are keeping her from embracing the whole vaughn thing. unless i'm way off lol at least that's what i got out of it. :smiley:

when are we gonna get an update chicas?! i wanna know how she's gonna react to that kiss...

can i just say taht if michael vartan were to kiss me i wouldn't pull away...haha..

kels

they should start making out in the elevator in front of the bellboy and all that would be so funny
not that we would want sydney cheating on the princess (noah) now would we :angelic:
luvin ur work
:smiley: BB

OMG!
he kissed her!
ahaha!
c'mon
as if she wouldn't like it
just a little bit at least

and ash! update!
lol

luv ya gals,
JuJu :harp:

yeah, yall BETTER love me! cause im done, and have permission to post it!
hope you guys like it!

Chapter Six: Forgetful, Yeah Right
By Ashley

She was shocked, literally shocked. Did she not just tell him to get too close? That’s what she meant, mostly. Did he think she was joking? She wasn’t, was she?
She pulled away from him, smiling falsely. ‘As if he can tell.’ She thought to herself. But then, when he gave her a full-hearted smile she melted. Right then and there.
The elevator came to a stop on their floor and the doors opened. The bellboy walked out of the elevator, pulling the cart behind him that held their luggage. Vaughn decided that since neither of them had no idea where the room was they should follow. Taking Sydney’s hand he led her down the never-ending corridor and to the suite.
“Here we are.” The bellboy commented opening the door with Michael’s key. “I’ll put the luggage on the bed?” he asked.
Sydney nodded as they all went into the room.
Walking in her breath almost caught in her throat. The room was beautiful. Almost all adorned in white it looked like a cloud, somewhat.
There was the lounging area you came too first opening the doors. Having the couches white with gold pillows. The chair was gold upholstered and had one white valor throw draped over one arm. It looked as if the room was offsetting itself. The coffee table looked almost antique, and was placed and a fur rug.
The dining portion was simply a small table made of brass with a glass top, and two brass chairs. Perfect for a couple. It was placed near the bow windows so that you could see the ocean while eating, as a chandelier was placed to the left.
Off to the right was double doors, opening to the balcony. Two lounge chairs were placed, next to a white stand with a flowerpot on it.
She made her way to the bedroom where she found it had a four-post bed, with white coverings. The frame was black, as were the side tables. There was one big dresser, and a standing mirror. A television pulled out of one armoire and a chair sat next to the window, a telephone to its left.
Opening the bathroom Sydney saw a garden tub, and opposite it a glass shower. There was a mirror that took up the length of one wall and two sinks.
Walking back into the lounge area she saw Michael tipping the bellboy. From the smile on his face it seemed as if the bellboy had been paid graciously. The boy nodded, and left. Michael was left there standing alone, and it struck Sydney. She was going to be ‘alone’ with him for two whole weeks!
“So what do you want to do?” he said turning around to face her.
She shrugged. “I dunno.” She said simply sitting down on the couch, and picking up a magazine.
“Ok, um, how about a walk?” he asked genuinely.
“Nope.” She replied never looking up at Vaughn. The smile on his face dissipated, and he walked towards her.
Leaning down so his face was near hers he whispered into her ear, “I thought you were supposed to be the experienced one.” He smiled standing tall again, then sat down in a chair.
“Excuse me?” she asked looking up, anger showing clearly on her face.
He smirked and yet again stood. Walking towards her, he grabbed her arm easing Sydney to her feet. He led her to the balcony and stood for a moment just staring at the ocean. He turned to her, as if to kiss Sydney again, but instead landed his mouth close to her ear. Chills went down her spine as his breath hit her neck.
“Our room could be bugged. I thought it would be easier for us to talk if we left the room. You obviously don’t like this role very much, and if we aren’t in the room you wont have to play it as much. I was just trying to make things easier.” He leaned back slowly and then continued. “We’re supposed to be newlyweds remember, now how would they act?” she could feel him smile slightly as his voice went up a bit. “Now, don’t smack me.” She was confused slightly as what he meant.
She completely understood however, when he pulled her into him for a hug. He just held her for a moment, then pulled away. ‘Smack him?’ she thought, ‘yeah right.’ She stared him in the eye; his green eyes were memorizing. Giving up on all self-control she took his face in her hands, bringing his mouth slowly towards her. She kissed him, and actually wasn’t regretting it.
Realizing it had been a minute or two she pulled away from him. Smiling she said, “Now how about that walk?”
Sydney and Vaughn had spent the whole day out of the hotel room. Neither of them brought up the subject of the kiss, whether it be the first or second. It just didn’t seem that important, yet somehow Sydney couldn’t get to sleep. Something kept picking at her conscience.
*~*Flashback, earlier that day*~*
Sydney had just got done lecturing Michael about insulting Noah. How could he have done that? Noah isn't that bad, he's actually really great.
Feeling guilty for not talking to him before leaving she checked to make sure Vaughn was sitting in the back of the plane. And he was. Michael was just reading a book, and he had his headphones on listening to something the plane was offering.
‘Even better.’ She thought picking up her CIA issued phone. Dialing her home number the phone rang and rang until finally the answering machine picked up. ‘That’s odd.’ She thought to herself, ‘He was supposed to be home tonight.’
She gave up, and called his cell phone. It rang a couple times, and then this loud screech echoed into her ear. There was some scratching noises then she heard Noah.
“This is officer 810084.” She could tell it was his voice; she knew what he sounded like. But that identification number was different, Sloane didn’t give him that.
“Go ahead.” The voice instructed. ‘What the hell?’ Sydney thought. She definitely didn’t know that voice. Russian, almost…Sark? No it couldn’t be she hadn’t talked to him for two years. Noah would never remember how close they used to be.
“They’ll be in Oahu in 7 hours. You have to move the weapons.” She sat there stunned. ‘Weapons? What weapons? That’s where herself and Vaughn were headed. Why would Noah be telling somebody else that? Was he…betraying her?’
“I understand.” ‘It sounded so much like Julian, how could he of all people do this to her? And with Noah? What was the world coming to?’
*~**~*
That was it. She was awake because of him, because of Noah. Picking up the phone she called his cell phone again, this time though he answered.
“Hello?” he asked simply.
“Hey.” She replied with a flat voice. “Where were you today?” she asked sitting up and turning the light on.
“Hey Baby.” He said, she could tell he was smiling. “What do you mean, where was I? I was waiting for your call.” He said.
“No you weren’t.” she said somewhat upset. “Because how could I call you if you were on the phone with someone and giving away mission specs, on an untraceable identification number?” she screamed into the phone.
“Syd, Baby, slow down. What are you talking about? Syd…”
“Noah Hicks, don’t you DARE brush me off.” She yelled interrupting him. “I swear to God, if I find out what you're up to you will be sorry you ever met me.” Noah sat in the plane stunned. Had ‘his’ girlfriend, the person he was in love with, the person he was arranging all of this stuff for, yelling at him?
“Sydney, please, tell me what you're talking about!” he begged. But he was actually praying she didn’t figure it out. He didn’t want her to know.
“You want ME to explain? YOU have some things to explain NOT me! So listen up…” she paused when the door to the bedroom opened. Michael walked in, slowly standing there.
“Sydney, are you all right?” he asked cautiously.
“Yes, I'm fine, I'm sorry if I woke you.” She smiled at him. “Have a good nights sleep.” she turned to her phone.
“Yes YOU!” she screamed again. Vaughn walked out of the room shutting the rood behind him as she continued, “Who the hell were you talking to?” she asked getting a bit impatient.
“I was talking to Julian, ok? Are you happy?” he barked. “I will talk to you when I see you ok? Bye.” He hung up, simple as that, leaving her stunned on the other line.
‘It was Julian Sark.’ She thought to herself. ‘But why?’
*~**~*
In the living room Vaughn’s cell phone rang awaking him. He could hear Sydney silently crying in her bedroom. Trying to come awake fully he answered the phone.
“Hello?” he asked rubbing his forehead with his free hand; he had a headache form waking up to fast.
“Agent Vaughn.” the voice said plainly.
“Yes?” he answered confused.
“This is Noah Hicks. I need your help.” He said simply.
“You need my help?” Michael asked disbelievingly. “That’s a first.”
“And a last, so will you?” Noah asked getting a bit irritated.
“Yeah sure, what is it?” Vaughn asked.
“Tomorrow, I'm sorta throwing this surprise party for Syd, and I think she’s on to me…”
“More like pissed at you.” Michael interrupted.
“Ok, yes because she has absolutely no idea what I have planned.” Noah finished.
“Which would be?” Michael inquired.
“Well this mission, completely fake. I had her best friend, Julian Sark, fly here from New York, where he lives and he's going to stay with us for the two weeks, as her and I celebrate our two-year anniversary as well. Don’t you think she’ll just love it?” Noah asked hopefully.
‘Ohmigod! I kissed her today…and she…kissed me. This probably isn't a good thing.’ The thought to himself. “Ok, I’ll help. What do you need?” he asked a little bit worried.
“First of all you have to bring her to the ‘ballroom’ tomorrow around about eleven in the morning. And then you also think you could try and calm her down?” Noah asked, he hoped it wasn’t too much to ask. But if ‘Mr. Newby’ said yes, then maybe he wasn’t as bad as he had thought.
“Ok, I can do that, under three conditions.” Vaughn said flatly.
“Ok, name em.” Noah relied, leaning back in his chair.
“First, tell me about the whole conversation you had with Julian, with that unknown number, and the ‘weapons’ because I'm SURE that went over well.” Michael said smirking slightly.
“In case it was traced, I didn’t want someone finding out what I was up to.” Noah replied matter-o-factly.
“Oh, and you’d rather be fired?” Vaughn asked raising an eyebrow.
“No, Sloane knows about this. I asked for his permission. This whole thing was made up, we weren’t going to tell you until she found out, but now, yeah I needed your help. ‘Project Molly’ was simply the code name for the party; which you're invited to by the way.” Noah said.
“Ok, so that took care of one. My second and last demands I have a plane out of here the day after your party, and while you're here, ‘til the party I want another hotel ‘suite’.” Vaughn smiled to himself. He was getting all the glory, as he got spoiled in the process.
‘So he has a spine.’ Noah thought to himself. “Ok, it’s a deal. Thanks for you help.” Noah hung up the phone.
‘Thank god’ Vaughn thought to himself. ‘I don’t think I could handle two more weeks.’ He stood up and walked towards the bedroom to find Sydney curled up in a ball slightly crying.
“Sydney?” he asked concerned “Are you ok?”
She nodded and replied, “Noah and I just had a fight.” She sobbed. “We never fight.”
“Its ok.” He said rubbing her shoulder, and slowly sitting next to her, trying not to make the wrong move.
“Thanks.” She said moving towards him, and kissing his lips gently. She remained in his arms, just holding each other for a while. ‘I can’t believe she just kissed me…again.’ Michael thought to himself. ‘I just got off the phone with her boyfriend.’
‘Why didn’t he kiss me back?’ she asked herself, but then brushed it off realizing she was still in his arms.
*~**~*
He woke up seeing Sydney lying in his arms. Trying to remember the events of last night he started to panic. He noticed that he didn’t have a hang over, and they were both fully clothed, and the panic disappeared. He smiled to himself then remembered the phone call, and the conversation he had had with Syd.
She woke up next to him, and smiled up at Michael. “Good morning.” She said.
“Morning.” He looked over at the clock and frowned. “We have to get going.” He said, noticing the clock read ten thirty.
“Oh, the beach!” she squealed jumping out of the bed and running to her clothes. “Give me ten minutes ill be ready.” She smiled at him and disappeared into the bathroom.
“Ok.” He nodded and then went to get dressed himself.
Sydney emerged from the bathroom a few minutes later to find Michael without a shirt on. She gasped slightly, and had to admit she was disappointed when he put on a tee shirt.
He smiled at her and then just stared. She was in a yellow and orange bikini with a lighter orange sarong on. Her hair was pulled back into a half ponytail. He then smiled shyly realizing he had been staring.
“Ready?” he asked.
“Of course.” She replied walking towards him and taking his hand. “Lets go to the beach!” she practically pulled him out of the suite and into the elevator.
“What are you doing?” she asked curiously. Vaughn hadn’t hit the main floor button; instead he hit the second one. It would bring them to the ballroom.
“We have to make a detour.” He smiled at her.
“Ok.” She said somewhat displeased.
The door opened and he led her to the room where he assumed Noah and Julian would be. He opened the door for her leading her in.
“Syd!” Noah said coming up and giving her a hug.
“Noah?” she asked confused. “What the hell is going on?”
“You forgot?” he asked hurt.
“What forgot what?” she was more confused now than ever.
“I came here to surprise you. This is one of three. Me! That’s what I was hiding from you.” She looked at him, then at Michael. Praying she wouldn’t hurt him she wrapped her arms around Noah’s neck and kissed him passionately.
“I love you so much!” she whispered into the crook of his neck.
“Well you're about to love me even more!” he replied.
Julian walked out from behind Michael, and wrapped his hands infront of Sydney’s eyes. “Guess who.” He said plainly.
Sydney elbowed him in the stomach, exerting a loud yell of pain from him. “JULIAN!” she cried taking his hands and hugging him. “Ohmigod! I'm sorry, but I could tell it was you.” She said kissing his cheek.
“It’s ok Syd. God I missed you. But I'm here with you for two whole weeks! You and me and Noah. I guess I'm supposed to share you and all, seeing as how it is your anniversary.” He winked at her and took her into his embrace again.
“What, anniversary? Since when?” she asked. Then it clicked in her head. ‘Oh s***, out two year anniversary, that’s…TODAY?!?!’ she was mentally freaking out.
“You're so forgetful.” He said teasing her. She then realized everyone thought she was joking.
“Me? Forgetful? Yeah right.” She laughed to herself slightly. “A wait, what about Vaughn?” she asked looking back at Michael.
“Oh, he's going home Syd, tomorrow night.” Noah replied. The suite is ours. He winked at her, and she glared at him. ‘Why’d he have to leave?’ she asked herself.

ill send out the PMs in a minute! enjoyed? hopefuly!

haha ooooooo i loved it!!!
first s/v kissin :D :love: o thats sooooo gonna turn into something
second - ok hmm i still think noah is a baddie
thrid - i loved when vaughn woke up and he was like o felgercarb what'd we do but then hes like ok we have clothes we're all good (y)
hehehe :angelic:

:love: you guys!
thanks for the pm... update soon

cant help but feel that noah is still working for someone else...
cant wait for more
hope vaughn doesnt leave and syd hooks up with vaughn
thanks for the pm

Tanya :beret:

:santahi:

hehe i know it's been a while... :rolleyes:
i should be sleeping but given i have to go to the bathroom like every 20 minutes or so... :(

he didn’t want her trying to get off the plane and had his doubts that she would jump.

😆

“I think I’ll let you be Kevin, just this once” Sydney laughed, returning his smile.

um lots of smiling here... :angelic:

“Really, how nice of you…we were just married, we’re going on our honeymoon for…TWO WEEKS?” Vaughn read.

:lol: surprise! :P

“I wish” Vaughn told her, “you think I want to spend two weeks here? And then go back to your boyfriend giving me the evil eye every 15seconds?”

:D

“Watch who you insult Agent Vaughn” Sydney told him sharply.

(n) :bag:

“I have no intentions of doing so sweetheart” Vaughn gave her a sarcastic smile and walked towards the front of the plane as it finally made a smooth landing on the airstrip.

“Don’t call me sweetheart” Sydney told him fiercely.

:lol: this is going to be 👍

“I’m just playing the part” Vaughn retorted.

“Okay, then carry my bag” Sydney told him handing him her bag.

:rolleyes: girls...

“yes, we are” Sydney smiled placing her head on Vaughn’s shoulder, “it’s our honeymoon”

“Well congratulations, you appear to have found a good one Mr. Young”

“Yes, I did, I love this little lady so much” Vaughn smiled kissing her cheek and putting his arm around her.

hehe they're playing really well :angelic:

Vaughn then caught up with Sydney and took a hold of her hand, walking with her to the front desk.

Vaughn smiled placing his arm around Sydney’s waist and walking towards the elevator.

at least I see one who enjoys :lol:

Sydney smiled and turned to Vaughn, whispering in his ear “don’t get to comfortable buddy”

i bet she won't tell that in some days ;)

Vaughn smiled kissing her gently, unsure of how she would react….

:eek: well, it's for keeping up their cover so... :smiley:

yeah, yall BETTER love me! cause im done, and have permission to post it!
hope you guys like it!

permission for quoting? hope yea... :rolleyes:

She pulled away from him, smiling falsely. ‘As if he can tell.’ She thought to herself. But then, when he gave her a full-hearted smile she melted. Right then and there.

:love: hehe :P

There was the lounging area you came too first opening the doors. Having the couches white with gold pillows. The chair was gold upholstered and had one white valor throw draped over one arm. It looked as if the room was offsetting itself. The coffee table looked almost antique, and was placed and a fur rug.
The dining portion was simply a small table made of brass with a glass top, and two brass chairs. Perfect for a couple. It was placed near the bow windows so that you could see the ocean while eating, as a chandelier was placed to the left.
Off to the right was double doors, opening to the balcony. Two lounge chairs were placed, next to a white stand with a flowerpot on it.

:eyebrow: perfect for..hum...learning to know each other :angelic:

Michael was left there standing alone, and it struck Sydney. She was going to be ‘alone’ with him for two whole weeks!

in a honeymoon suite, with HIM!!! :naughty:

“So what do you want to do?” he said turning around to face her.

stupid question :rolleyes:

“I thought you were supposed to be the experienced one.”

:eyebrow:

“Now, don’t smack me.”

i would :angelic: in the good way hehe

She stared him in the eye; his green eyes were memorizing. Giving up on all self-control she took his face in her hands, bringing his mouth slowly towards her. She kissed him, and actually wasn’t regretting it.
Realizing it had been a minute or two she pulled away from him. Smiling she said, “Now how about that walk?”

:woot: :jump: :love:

Why would Noah be telling somebody else that? Was he…betraying her?’
“I understand.” ‘It sounded so much like Julian, how could he of all people do this to her? And with Noah? What was the world coming to?’

:eek: she knows...

“Noah Hicks, don’t you DARE brush me off.” She yelled interrupting him. “I swear to God, if I find out what you're up to you will be sorry you ever met me.” Noah sat in the plane stunned.

“I was talking to Julian, ok? Are you happy?” he barked. “I will talk to you when I see you ok? Bye.” He hung up, simple as that, leaving her stunned on the other line.
‘It was Julian Sark.’ She thought to herself. ‘But why?’

:eek: bad fight...but I hope Vaughn's gonna :console: her :angelic:

“This is Noah Hicks. I need your help.” He said simply.

:eyebrow: since when? :confused:

“And a last, so will you?” Noah asked getting a bit irritated.

:nonono:

“Yeah sure, what is it?” Vaughn asked.

*sighs* :banghead:

“Well this mission, completely fake. I had her best friend, Julian Sark, fly here from New York, where he lives and he's going to stay with us for the two weeks, as her and I celebrate our two-year anniversary as well. Don’t you think she’ll just love it?”

:nonono: :P

‘Ohmigod! I kissed her today…and she…kissed me. This probably isn't a good thing.’

this IS a good thing! :rolleyes:

“Ok, I can do that, under three conditions.” Vaughn said flatly.

hehe :D

“Sydney?” he asked concerned “Are you ok?”
She nodded and replied, “Noah and I just had a fight.” She sobbed. “We never fight.”

haha that's the beginning of the end between them :woot:
:rolleyes: *daydreaming*

“Its ok.” He said rubbing her shoulder, and slowly sitting next to her, trying not to make the wrong move.
“Thanks.” She said moving towards him, and kissing his lips gently. She remained in his arms, just holding each other for a while. ‘I can’t believe she just kissed me…again.’

aww :love:

‘Why didn’t he kiss me back?’ she asked herself, but then brushed it off realizing she was still in his arms.

um um :naughty: lol

He woke up seeing Sydney lying in his arms. Trying to remember the events of last night he started to panic. He noticed that he didn’t have a hang over, and they were both fully clothed, and the panic disappeared.

:rolleyes: *daydreaming*

Sydney emerged from the bathroom a few minutes later to find Michael without a shirt on. She gasped slightly, and had to admit she was disappointed when he put on a tee shirt.

:D who wouldn't be :( ?

He smiled at her and then just stared. She was in a yellow and orange bikini with a lighter orange sarong on. Her hair was pulled back into a half ponytail. He then smiled shyly realizing he had been staring.

same here :lol:

“Of course.” She replied walking towards him and taking his hand. “Lets go to the beach!” she practically pulled him out of the suite and into the elevator.

a little impatient, aren't we? :P

Syd!” Noah said coming up and giving her a hug.
“Noah?” she asked confused.  “What the hell is going on?”

:angry:

She looked at him, then at Michael. Praying she wouldn’t hurt him she wrapped her arms around Noah’s neck and kissed him passionately.

:sadangel:

Sydney elbowed him in the stomach, exerting a loud yell of pain from him. “JULIAN!” she cried taking his hands and hugging him. “Ohmigod! I'm sorry, but I could tell it was you.” She said kissing his cheek.

😆

“A wait, what about Vaughn?” she asked looking back at Michael.
“Oh, he's going home Syd, tomorrow night.” Noah replied. The suite is ours. He winked at her, and she glared at him. ‘Why’d he have to leave?’ she asked herself.

ah ah!! she doesn't want him to leave! :jump:
please let him stay, and let Noah being a pain in the @$$, and Michael :console: Syd :angelic:

Sci :smooch:

Back