The Lake

i caught up with the chapters and i loved them

too bad they didn't kiss at the end but there's always the next year, right? :P

thanks for the pm's

Part 2

Chapter 1

“Nadia, hurry up!” Sydney cried from the front door, “Let’s go!”

The lake’s waiting.

When they got to the lake, Sydney immediately went up to her room and unpacked her bags. She then put on her new bikini (a yellow one with polka dots) that she had bought specially for this trip.

“Nadia, I’m going to the beach, want to come along?” she called out to her sister’s room.

“Yeah sure, I’ll be down in a minute!”

A few minutes later Nadia came down the stairs looking gorgeous in her simple black bikini. Sydney took one look at her tan body and sighed, “I think it’s funny that we’re twins sometimes because you’re able to tan, and I’m not… I just burn,” Sydney laughed.

“Well, I hear pale is the new tan,” she joked.

“Thanks sis.” Sydney said while rolling her eyes.

“What are you going to tell Michael about the school year?”

“The truth, if he asks.”

“Good,” Nadia sighed, “I’d hate for Eric to tell him everything that went on this year.”

“Nothing really ‘went on’ Nad. I went out on a few dates with different guys; nothing much. I’m sure he had his fair share of college girls this year.”

“I wouldn’t be too sure about that. Eric said that he hasn’t been dating much; most of his spare time is spent doing work or talking online… to you.”

“Yeah, right. He’s not online too much,” she sighed. He really is on a lot… “And it’s not like we’ve seen each other since last summer. He doesn’t live too far, I don’t know why we didn’t just get together once.”

“If you had mentioned it to him, I’m sure he would have said yes.”

“No, he wouldn’t.”

They laid their towels out on the sand and sat down in front of the water, “So, you and Eric are still going strong. I must admit that I’m surprised.”

“Why?” Nadia asked with a smile.

“You’ve never really been serious about anyone before. I’m just happy for you.”

“Thanks, Syd. Um… there’s something I need to tell you. I’m going to tell Eric this tonight, but I wanted to see if I should…”

“What is it?” Sydney asked.

“I’m going to tell him that I love him,” she admitted nervously. “I’ve felt it for a couple of months, but I’ve been to scared to say it. And I hope Eric feels the same, but I’m not sure that it’ll just scare him off.”

“Nadia,” Sydney sighed, “I wish I felt that way for someone. That’s pretty cool.”

“I know. I’m terrified, but happy at the same time. What if he doesn’t say it back?”

“He will,” Sydney states surely, “He’s been in love with you for years. I think it’s how I’ve been feeling about Michael, and Julian about Lauren.”

“Speaking of the she-devil herself, are they still together?” Nadia asked.

“Last I heard, they were saying goodbye and he hasn’t heard a reply from emails, phone messages, and letters. Supposedly they’re still together and will be again this summer; but I’m not sure.”

“Eh, you never know with Lauren Reed.”

They sat in the sun, tanning for a few minutes. “Do you think I should go after Vaughn this year?”

“Do you?” Nadia countered.

“Yeah,” Sydney said surely, “I think I will.”

“That’s good.”

“I kind of understand where he was coming from last year. I think I was too immature to handle something serious.”

“And you are now?” Nadia asked.

“Oh yeah,” she said happily. “…And more experienced. A lot happened this year.”

“You can say that again,” Nadia sighed. “I fell in love…”

“And I dated. And Mr. Collins told me I should go into writing. I’m really going to do it.”

“You dated a lot,” Nadia laughed, “I think half the school wanted you, and you went out with how many guys this year? 9? 10?” Nadia joked.

“Four,” Sydney said with a smile, “but I learned a lot from them.” Sydney sighed, “Nadia, what’s gonna happen this year?”

“We’re gonna do our stuff. Eric’s going to UCLA. He’ll be there with Michael, so maybe, if something happens this summer, you can come with me to see him.”

“Maybe,” Sydney sighed.

Next update: Tuesday

It would be great if Michael got jealous because Sydney dated other guys while at school. And she's turned out being one of the popular girls too.

But what I'm really afraid about is that Michael still doesn't want to go beyond friendship, because Sydney is still in high school.

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

oh i can't wait for more!!!
i love this fic!!! :D i really do hope that something happens between them this year!
thanks for the PM
cant wait for more :smiley: PLEASE update soon!!

That was great ... aww they are back for another summer ... love the Eric and Nadia are still together ... ohh Syd decided to go after Vaughn ... cant wait to see how that turns out ... thanks for the PM ... more soon please

Back