The Lake

Soooooooo good :lol:

They have to get together, which is sort of a given coz this is in the Romance section with S/V in the description, so i'll pretend i dont know that Lol :P

Luvin your writing

Kay :love:

Next update: Thursday or Friday; depending on when I get home from Toronto... again.

A/N - only 4 more chapters in this part of the story. And I'm thinking about a sequel when the three parts are finished.

Chapter 6

“Ugh, I’ve had enough ten year old girls for the summer,” Sydney groaned when the week was out. She had actually had a quite decent time working with the children and Vaughn. There wasn’t any tension between them since they had talked about their kiss; and when there was, they were working with tennis balls, so they worked it out.

“I know what you mean. Please keep ten year old boys away from me for a few years,” he sighed.

“No Michael junior in the future?” Sydney joked.

“No, not for a while; I’m 18, you know. And if I do have a son, he’ll be a hockey player.”

“Hockey? That’s not a summer sport. He won’t be able to play it up here.”

“No, not ice hockey up here, but there is a place for road hockey.”

“That’s right,” Sydney sighed. “I’m gonna go into town, maybe get an ice cream, want to come along?”

Michael shook his head, “No, I’m supposed to teach Lauren how to do something involving sailing. She was pretty vague when she begged me.”

Sydney laughed nervously, is Lauren trying to steal him away? “Oh, well, I’ll see you later then.”

They waved goodbye and Sydney headed into town for her ice cream. “Hey Syd!” Julian said from behind her, “Have you seen Lauren?”

Sydney held in her giggle at his question, “Vaughn’s sailing with her or something,” she sighed.

“Oh,” he sighed dejectedly, “Well, what are you up to?” he asked.

“Getting an ice cream, want to come along?”

He nodded and walked next to her, “That sounds splendid.”

Sydney found her thoughts drifting off to what Vaughn might be doing with Lauren right now, all of them made her severely disappointed because they involved kissing and groping. She didn’t realize that she groaned out loud, “What’s wrong?” Julian asked.

“You like Lauren, right?” he blushed. “Well, how do you deal with her? And why do you keep going after her like you do? She hasn’t shown any interest.”

“Well, I just want to believe that some day she might change her mind.”

“How can you think that way though? Doesn’t it hurt you? Getting rejected like that?” Sydney said quickly.

“This isn’t about me and Lauren, is it?” he assumed. “Did something happen between you and Michael?”

Sydney blushed and nodded, “He kissed me.”

“And?” he predicted that wasn’t everything.

“And then he told me that I was too young and immature for him.”

“Ouch,” Julian sighed. “So, what’s happening now?”

“Nothing. We’re pretending it never happened. But now, Lauren’s hitting on him.”

“I see. You want to get back at her?”

Sydney blushed, “I want him to notice me. I just want someone to notice me,” she sighed.

“I notice you,” Julian said with a smile, “And I completely understand how you feel; that’s how I feel all the time around Lauren.”

“Really?” Sydney gasped, “I never understood how horrible it feels until now, I’m sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it, now I have someone else in the angst corner,” he joked.

“Do you want to go out sometime?” Sydney blurted out suddenly.

Julian glanced at her shyly, “I do, but not if it’s just to get over Michael or something.”

“Okay, so it’s a bit of that. But I think that if Lauren sees you with someone else, she might see what she’s missing. It’s worth a try, right?”

He sighed and looked over at her, “This isn’t out of pity, is it?” he asked.

She shook her head, “No, not out of pity. I don’t know why I asked. But you’re nice, and cute, and single, so why not give it a try.”

“You’re right,” he said with a shy smile, “Let’s do it!”

“Uh, I don’t move that fast,” Sydney joked.

Julian blushed and took her hand in his shyly, “Do you want to go to dinner tonight? We could call home and tell them…” he suggested.

Sydney nodded and smiled, “That sounds perfect. I’ll pay!”

“No!” he said quickly, “I am the man, I shall pay!”

Sydney laughed at his ‘macho’ tone, “Fine, I shall allow you to give up ten dollars for a couple burgers.”

“Sounds good to me,” he smiled.

Please Review.

Well I hope this will make Vaughn jealous!!!!
-I mean why would he go teach Lauren sailing when he could get ice cream with Syd!!!! :D
Great update!! Can't wait to see what happens!! Thanks for the pm!!

Syd and Sark might as well hang out together. They're not getting anywhere when it comes to Michael and Lauren.

Michael will probably get jealous but that's what he gets for telling Sydney he doesn't want to date someone "immature."

I still say, "Just wait Michael until Sydney is a couple of years older. You'll have to fight off the boys just to even get near her."

Thanks for the PM.

Chris

Back