The Listener (NBC)

The Listener is a new Canadian based supernatural drama about a young paramedic named Toby Logan (Craig Olejnik) with the ability to listen to people's thoughts.

Toby is a 28-year-old first year paramedic who did not know his father and grew up in foster homes. Until now Toby has kept his ability secret and the only one he has shared it with is his old counselor and confidant, Dr. Ray Mercer (Colm Feore).

While serves the city of Toronto as a paramedic with his partner Osman "Oz" Bey (Enis Esmer), Toby tries to help persons in crisis that he psychically hears. Along the way, Logan learns revelations about himself.

With the help of Detective Marks (Lisa Marcos) and his on-and-off girlfriend Olivia (Mylène Dinh-Robic), an E.R doctor, Toby realizes that his gift can serve to help other people.

Don't forget mentioning that he's portayed by our very own Weiss , Greg Grunberg! ;)

By the way, I hear that this Osman guy is Turkish.(played by a Canadian actor, annoyingly)How is he portrayed? I hope not like some Arabic person, which half of the world believes we are...

Don't forget mentioning that he's portayed by our very own Weiss , Greg Grunberg! ;)

By the way, I hear that this Osman guy is Turkish.(played by a Canadian actor, annoyingly)How is he portrayed? I hope not like some Arabic person, which half of the world believes we are...

Don't worry about stereotypes, Julia. "Osman" is being played as a typical Canadian who happens to have been born in a foreign country but emmigrated to Canada as a child. They don't even mention that he is Turkish Canadian and he doesn't seem to have any accent.

See for yourself at the 1 minute 58 second mark. In the interview, you can see that he has a dry sense of humour of a standup comedian.
http://www.youtube.c...?v=5XwAu_ZVzOs&

Os isn't a Canadian playing a Turk. He really is a Turk. I got this from the Internet Movie Database:
Enis Esmer
- born December 29, 1978, in Ankara, Turkey

Uh Oh, NBC seems to have cancelled "The Listener" after seven episodes.

http://tvseriesfinal...ner-nbc-pulled/
The Listener: NBC Pulls Craig Olejnik Series from Schedule

After low ratings, the peacock network has pulled the plug on the series about a telepathic paramedic. The Listener debuted on June 4th on NBC. Initially produced for Canadian networks, the drama revolves around a young paramedic (Craig Olejnik) who has the ability to hear other people's thoughts. Through his job and abilities, he seeks to help those in need in any way he can.

Others in the cast include Lisa Marcos, Ennis Esmer, Mylene Robic, Arnold Pinnock, Anthony Lemke, Lara Jean Chorostecki, John Fleming, and Colm Feore.

On NBC, the show got off to a rocky start in the ratings. The two-hour premiere brought in 5.32 million viewers and just a 1.4/4 rating/share of the 18-49 demographic. Summer viewing expectations aren't very high but it didn't bode well that the program landed in third place in total viewers and the demo.

Things didn't get any better for the later episodes. Last week, Listener's numbers hit a series low with 3.3 million viewers and a tiny 0.7/2 rating in the demo. Even for Summer viewership, those numbers are quite poor for a major network.

As a result, NBC has decided to end The Listener's run prematurely. Next week's episode will be the last to air on the peacock network and repeats of Law & Order will fill the timeslot after that.

The remaining five episodes of Listener are expected to be streamed online in August. The 13 episodes have already aired in many countries across the world and will continue to run in Canada.

Word is that the first season ends with plenty of unresolved mysteries. There's been no news about the possibility of a second season for The Listener as yet but, if there is, you certainly won't be seeing it on NBC.

Yes, you're thinking of Matt Parkman. Parkman's mind reading was the early stage of his mental powers. He can now influence people's thoughts like in Jedi Mind Control. :D

Ahhh right, I stopped watching after about 5 episodes.. bored me to death, but I'm considering giving it a second chance now it's got beyond the first series lol

Uh Oh, NBC seems to have cancelled "The Listener" after seven episodes.

http://tvseriesfinal...ner-nbc-pulled/

Well that lasted well!

Oh, thanks for the relief , SIO :LOL:

I took the guy's name as Ennis and not Enis which is actually a common Turkish name. Silly me 👅 I'll try and watch the video sometime. The computer I'm on right now is working so slow and really getting on my nerves so I won't even bother trying to wait for a video to load ;)

But then again, since the show is cancelled I don't even have to worry about who plays Osman, right? :D