The Perfect Life

The Perfect Life
By: Sydney Bristow 2300844
A/N: This is my very first fanfic i've ever posted in my life, so please be kind and read and review! Enjoy!

Chapter 1

"So, after the debrief, I'll come by to pick you up?" Vaughn asked Sydney. "Ok." She opened the door and stepped out of the car. "Bye," she called to him. She fiddled through her purse to find her key and stepped into her apartment.

"Hey, Francie! I'm back from my trip!" Francie was on the sofa, reading a magazine. "Hey, sweetie! How was your trip?" "Ok."

Syd thought to herself,"She's acting weird." She dug through the freezer and found ice cream. "Yum, coffe ice cream."

She sat on the sofa and began eating some and checked her voice mail. "Sydney, it me, and I just found provaciline in the bathroom and I.. ok, just think about it I think that the double is Francie." "Oh my god, Will," Syd thought. She quickly thought of a way to figure out who Francie really was. She remembered one day on campus that she offered Francie some coffe ice cream and she had tried it and hated it.

"Want some?" She asked. "Sure," Francie replied. "Oh my god, no!" She thought. "I've just got to change out of these clothes." She calmly walked to her room and reached under her bed to get her gun.

The doorbell rang. "Vaughn's back!" SHe thought.

"Come on in, it's open!" SHe heard Francie yell.

Sark and Francie came into the room with their guns drawn.

"Hello, Bristow." Sark said.

"Sark." "Put the gun down." They demanded.

"No." she said.

Sark suddenly grabbed Francie by her hair and pushed his gun against her head.
"Goodbye, Allison!" He shouted before pulling the trigger.

Meanwhile, back inside Vaughn's car, his phone rang.

"Vaughn."

"Vaughn, this is Kendall. The debriefing is canceled. Sark has given us valuble intel about the location of the second double. And the indentity she's taken. So, I let Sark go."

"Who is the double's latest victim?"

"Francie Calfo."

"Oh my god!"

He made a fast U-turn and raced back to Sydney's apartment.

Back at Syd's Apartment, Sark was asking Sydney some questions.

"Why don't you like me?" He asked.

"Maybe because you tried to kill Will, or maybe because, you almost killed Vaughn."

"Oh, there you go again, shooting your mouth off about that Michael Vaughn. You actually think he's going to come and save you now? Guess again!"

Vaughn was about to open the door when he heard two shots.

Then everything went dark for Sydney.

Stay tuned for next chapter up no later than Nov. 25, 2003 12:00 P.M. (U.S. Central Standard time)

Chapter 2:

A/N: Thank you to my first reviewer, Alias Fan Gillian. And remember, the ending of the Telling never happened. Vaughn hasn't gotten married, and Lauren's the Dr. Please R/R! I appreciate reader's opinions and if requested, I'll PM you when update on story is ready.

Sydney woke up startled to find a bright white light shining in her face. When everything came into focus, she realized she was at the hospital.

She looked around, expecting to find Vaughn sitting beside her, but he wasn't there. There was a nurse filling something out on her chart on the foot of her bed.

The nurse looked up. "Oh, Ms. Bristow, you're awake!!! I better go and get Dr. Reed!"

"Wait," Sydney called back to her in a hoarse whisper. "What am I doing here?"

"I'm sorry, but you're going to have to ask Dr. Reed about that. There are certain problems you have expieranced that only she can answer."

"Like what?"

"She'll answer your questions." And without another word, she left the room.

Sydney glanced around the room once more. She focused her eyes on the door. It read: CSI from what she could see. She mentally reversed the letters:ICU. "Oh, god, what happened to me?" she thought to herself.

There was a knock on the door and a doctor, she presumed Dr. Reed, entered.

Dr. Reed was blonde with green/blue eyes. "Hello, Sydney." she said.

"Why am I here?" She asked.

"You are here because you've been shot 2 times. Once in lower right abdomon, and once in your left shoulder. You've been out for 36 hours."

"How did I get here? Was someone else with me?"

"You were taken by ambulance to us. There were 3 other people taken in with you. Two men and a woman."

"Two men? Who were they?"

"A William Tippin and a Michael Vaughn. The woman's identity was not know until the coroner did a DNA test, an Allison Doran."

Sydney froze when she heard Vaughn's name. "How are they?"

"They're critical but stable. Mr. Tippin was stabbed and Mr. Vaughn was once in the head. He's undergoing surgury today to try and remove the bullet."

"Can I visit them? And why besides getting shot am I here?"

Dr. Reed froze. "We don't know yet. We have to do more testing."

"Can I visit my friends?"

"After your testing."

"WHat kind of testing?"

"Most likely blood tests, MRI's, CAT scans, and a Bone Marrow test."

"Any thing else?"

"Yes."

"What."

"You have a horrible scar from the operation. It appears the found something else when they went in to remove the bullet. But we won't know yet until the biopsy comes back."

Sydney lay down, frozen in shock.

"Oh, and please, call me by my first name, Lauren."

Dr. Reed left and Sydney began to eat the hospital food that someone had brought up during her talk with Lauren.

The nurse came up to her and said," If you'd like, I'll see what I can do about your friends. I'll sneak you down there, but if I get caught, you take the blame."

Gratefull for the nurse's kindness, she said, "Thank you for your kindness. I'd appreciate it. And, I'll make sure you or I don't get caught."

"Ok, hurry up, and I'll sneak you in right after you're done eating."

Sydney finished her nasty meal and followed the nurse up to Vaughn and Will's room.

"I realized that when Dr. Reed told you about Allison Doran, you didn't seem to know who we were talking about. Can you explain that to me?" The nurse questioned.

"First, what hospital is this?"

"Los Angeles."

Sydney was releved when she heard that. It was a CIA hospital.

"Ok, I don't know here, I knew my friend, Francie Calfo. Doran had been impesonating my friend. I can't say any more than that."

They turned the corridor and came to a room.

The nurse opened the door and lead her inside.

Sydney found Will and Vaughn having a pillow fight.

"Well, well, well. I sure was missed. Good thing I didn't die."

They froze pillows at the ready, to stare at Sydney.

"We'll leave you two alone." The nurse said and Will followed her out the door.

Sydney came and sat on the small sofa they had in the room. Vaughn sat down beside her.

"How've you been?" He asked her.

"Ok, I heard about your GSW."

"Listen to me, I'm going to get through this. And, there's something I've got to say."

Sydney turned towards him, expecting him to say something very important.

He dug through a suitcase standing beside the sofa.

He pulled something out and made sure Sydney didn't see.

Chapter 3:

"I was going to wait until Santa Barbra, but, i don't think i could." Vaughn said.

He opened his hand up, and in it, lay a gleamming 2 and a half carat diamond ring.

"Oh, my god!" Syd said, still shocked.

"Sydney, I bought this for you, about 2 weeks ago." He took her left hand.

He slipped the ring onto her middle left finger. She looked confused.

"You put it on the wrong finger!" She told him.

"No, I did that on purpose. I might not make it through the surgury. And if i don't, I don't want to leave behind a widow. It means it's a promising ring. If i make it through the surgury tomorrow, i'll put it on the other finger."

"What are you talking about? YOu'll make it through! Why are you saying this?"

"Sydney... I just think..."

"Think what?"

"Syd..."

Chapter 4:

"Yeah," she said.

"The doctor's discovered something else."

"What is it?" she asked, suddenly more worried.

"The bullet is right beside a major artery. If they accidently cut it, I'll most likely become brain damaged or worse, dead."

Sydney froze.

"Syd?"

"I just need some air. I'll stop by later."

She left and Will came back in.

"What happened, man?" He asked.

"Well, I told her about the bullet. And I did the other thing as well."

"And?"

"She agreed to wait until after the surgury and then, she left after I told her. She said she needed some air."

HALLWAY

In the hallway, Sydney started to cry. The nurse stopped and asked her what was wrong.

"Nothing, I'm fine."

"Ok, I'm supposed to take you for your testing now then."

Sydney nodded and followed the nurse down to the testing.

Chapter 5:

After enduring long hours of testing, Sydney had returned to her room and was about to go take a shower, when there was a knock on the door.

She got up and opened it. It was Will.

"Hi, Syd. Can I come in?"

"Sure." she told him.

He came in and sat on the small sofa that was in the room. Sydney sat down next to him.

"So, how are you?" She asked, trying to break the silence.

"Ok, I guess. And you?"

"Ok, just really worried."

"About what?"

"Everything mainly Vaughn."

"If it makes you feel any better, he's the one that told me to come down here and talk with you. It's the surgury and the chances. Isn't it?"

"Yeah, and the other thing." She said playing with the heavy platnuim diamond ring on her hand.

"I'm just afraid of the chance that this won't be put on my ring finger along with a matching band that me and him will wear forever."

Will was silent. After a few minutes, he said, "Don't worry, Syd. Vaughn's tough, and, the surgurns are the best in LA."

Sydney smiled a bit.

"I'm fine, in case you're worried." He said.

"Do you know where my dad and Weiss are?"

"They're going to be stopping by at 7. I don't mean to be rude, but, I'd really like to shower before they get here." She told Will.

"Ok, I guess I'd better leave then." He replied.

He left and Sydney found a suitcase in her closet, found a pair of jeans, button-down shirt, and her favorite comfy shoes. She went into the bathroom and started to undress.

She stared at her reflection. She hardly recognized the girl looking back at her. There were dark circles under her eyes and bruises on her body. Worst of all, her flawless skin had a horrible scar on her lower right abdomen. Suddenly, she felt like she was going to throw up. She ran to the toilet, and made it just in time.

She thought, "I really must be under a lot of stress,". She decided that she'd better take a quick shower and hurry to get ready before she threw up again.

"Strange," she thought as she once again looked at her reflection in the mirror. She could have sworn her stomach looked smaller than the last time, about 3 days ago. "Could it be that..?" She thought outloud. "Nah, that's impossible." She said.

Chapter 6:

After getting dressed, and fixing her hair, she decided that she'd make a quick visit to Vaughn before her dad and Weiss stopped by. It was 6 o'clock. She'd have about 45 minutes with Vaughn. She followed the path that the nurse had taken her down a few hours earlier.

She came to Vaughn's room and knocked.

He opened on the first knock.

"Hey," He said.

"Hey." She replied, grinning.

"I'm sorry about before. I just didn't expect that. I've made up my mine though."

"Ok, first come on in. I don't like carrying on a conversation in the hallway. There's old lady next door, she likes to listen in on our conversations. She really makes me nervous." He said, grinning back at her.

Sydney stepped inside and shut the door behind her.

"Is Will here?"

"No, they're transfered him to a recovery room, they found out about the pillow fight. Sit down." He motioned to the bed.

"Now, what were you saying?"

Sydney took a deep breath.

"I'm really sorry about the way I acted. I'd been under alot of stress and I wasn't expecting that. I'm sorry."

"It's alright. When they told me, I wasn't expecting that either. It'll be ok, I know it will be. The only thing is that they're going to have to shave my head so that they can make the incision."

Sydney felt disappointed, but didn't let it show.

"I came down here for another reason also."

Both of them looked gazes.

"I've decided that I'm going to be Mrs. Sydney Vaughn!"

Vaughn gasped.

"Syd, you've just made me the luckiest, happiest man in the world. You made my wish come true."

"What wish?"

"Well, the day that you walked into my office, with that ridiculus red hair, I told you I had an instinct about you. I was telling you the truth. I also made a wish. I wished that just once, we would go out on a date. And we did. Then, I wished that we could get together. We did. Then, I wished for me to find the perfect ring. And I found it. Last night, when I dropped you off, I wished that you would say yes. You did. You've made me the happiest man alive!"

"There's just one thing. What about my dad?"

"Oh, yeah. He's coming for dinner tonight and so is Weiss. Do you think we should tell them?"

"I don't know. Tell Weiss. I'll let my dad find out for himself."

"What do you mean?"

"When he sees my beautiful ring. The ring that the man of my dreams bought me."

They both grinned.

Sydney checked her watch: 6:30.

"I think I'd better let you get ready."

"That's probably a good idea. But, one kiss first."

And for the first time in almost a day, they kissed.

"I should go." She said, and left, closing the door behind her.

By the time that she got back to her room to pick up her purse, it was 6:55.

She quickly left for the cafeteria. She found a table and sat down.

She gazed around, looking for her father or Weiss.

After 10 minutes, Vaughn appeared. She quickly kissed him and then Weiss arrived.

Vaughn motioned for sydney to flash her ring casually.

"OH MY GOD!!!!!" Weiss screamed.

"Eric, I have a small favor to ask." Vaughn said.

"What is it?"

"Will you be my bestman at our wedding?"

"You're asking me? Why? You know I'd say yes!"

"Also, please don't tell my dad!" Sydney begged.

"Ok, don't worry!" He said.

Jack came up to them.

"Hello, Sydney, Vaughn, Weiss. How's everyone?"

"Alright, I guess." Sydney told him.

"Let's eat something shall we?"

They all ate yucky cafeteria food then they talked till 9.

Afterwards, Sydney and Vaughn, relieved that Jack hadn't found out, went upstairs to their rooms.

Sydney woke up to find a message on the machine.

"Hi, Sydney. This is Dr. Reed. I have the results of your tests. I'll stop by around 8 to discuss them."

Sydney quickly showered and as soon as she came out to pick up some of her things, there was a knock on the door and Dr. Reed came in.

"Morning, Sydney." She greeted her.

"Morning." She replied.

"All of your tests look fine. There was one thing though. Something that I'm sure you and I weren't expecting."

"Well, what was it?" She asked, immediately concerned.

Chapter 7:

"Miss Bristow, it appears that you are pregant." Dr. Reed told Sydney, who froze in shock.

"Miss Bristow?" She asked again, worried.

Sydney was still trying to grasp the reality of the situation.

"What?? Are you sure?"

"Yes, we found out, through your bloodwork, and them throught the ultersound we did to see if there was an bullet fragments left. Both were positve."

"About how far along am I?"

"About 8. You should start feeling naustious. It's normal. As you may have telled, your stomach, well, has gotten larger. I'll leave you alone, I have to ckeck on another patient."

"Dr. Reed, is there any way to find out who the father is?"

"Yes, you'll need a blood sample from whever you think the father is, and we'll need yours as well, and we'll test them, and get back to you sometime within the next 4 or 5 days. Any other questions?"

"No, thank you."

Dr. Reed left, and Sydney went down to visit Vaughn before his surgury. On the way, Sydney thought to herself,"I can't do this. I can't tell him. At least not before the surgury. I'll tell him after he's rested and has recovered. After I get the results back. Yeah, that's what I'll do."

Sydney stopped in front of his door. Knocked 2 times, then the door opened.

"Hello, Syd." he greeted her.

"Hi."

"Come in. I've got 3 hours before i get preped."

"I just wanted you to know that I love you. I wanted to wish you good luck and I know that you're going to make it through." She said, wishing that she'd already know the results, and that Vaughn had gotten through the surgury.

"Syd, is something wrong?" Vaughn said, when he'd notice her facial expression.

"Uh, can i use your bathroom?" She said, and without waiting for a reply, she ran into the bathroom, and threw up.

When she was done, Vaughn came in. "Everything ok?"

"I.. I..."

"You what? Syd, what's wrong?"

"Vaughn? I'm pregant."

Chapter 8:

"Vaughn? Please say something."

Vaughn remained speechless.

"I wasn't going to tell you until after your surgury was over, but now I had no choice."

"Syd...I don't know what to say."

"I know, I was shocked when they first told me."

"Sydney, congratulations!!" He said, trying to sound cheerful.

"Thanks, but I know you wanted me to tell you after."

"Yes, but why wait?"

"I thought it would be more pressure on you."

"Pressure?!? You want to know what's pressure? Try waiting for word from you on getting Server 47? That's pressure!" He told her.

"Ok, then, you're not nervous?"

"Nope, because I know I'm going to have a gorgeous fiance-to-be to be next to me in the recovery room. And my family."

Sydney smiled.

"Okay."

After giving Vaughn a last kiss before she left, the nurse came in.

"You're surgury is being moved up. We're gonna get you preped now. Miss, you'll have to leave."

"I was going to."

"Syd, listen, I love you, and there's not going to be any problems."

"I love you too."

Sydney left to go to the waiting room.

She found a seat and a magazine and started to wait.

5 hours later...

A doctor came out of the O.R. in scrubs.

He went up to the nurse's station.

"Nurse Betty, we need more blood. Call all of the local blood banks get type O blood, 20 bags."

"Yes, Doctor Archer.

"Excuse me, everyone, who's waiting for word on Mr. vaughn's surgury?" He asked.

Sydney raised her hand.

The doctor came over to her.

"Hi, I'm Dr. Archer, Mr. Vaughn's surgeon."

"Sydney Bristow." She introduced herself.

"Ms. Bristow, I'm going to tell you the truth because I don't want to lie to any of my patients. He's lost a lot of blood, more than we thought he would. More than is healthy. We've called the local blood banks, they're sending in more. There's a very slim chance, that he won't make it."

"You need blood? Take some from me."

"I'm sorry, are you a realative of him? Otherwise, it probalbly won't work unless you have the right type."

"I'm his fiance. I've got type O."

"Ok, then, answer these questions: Are you pregant or nursing? Do you smoke? do you have any unusuall blood dieeases? Do you have any STD's?"

"I'm preganant. And no to the others."

"Ok, then, I'm sorry, Ma'am, but I can't take the blood from someone whose pregant."

"Alright." She answered, disappointed.

"Dr. Archer?" Nurse Betty called.

"Yes," he answered.

"Sir, the banks are empty."

Sydney took on a look of worriness.

"Sydney, there's no blood currently available, but we'll find some, and if we don't we'll just stop the surgury, and do it again some other time. He's going to be alright."

"I want to see him. Now! I know basic medical and surgurical procedures! I need to see him now!!" She demanded, less than calm.

"Listen to me, Ms. Bristow, calm down. I can't allow a person like you go into the OR."

"LIsten to ME, Dr. Archer. I've been shot 2 times in one year, I've parachuted out of a crashing plane, I've saved his life 2 times in one year, I'm pregant."

The doctor, wearing a look of shock, asked, "And what do you do for a living, lady?"

"I'm an Operations officer, for the CIA. I only told you because I want to see him, and because I know I'm safe here. If I ever found out you told anyone, I swear to god, I'll hunt you down and kill you. I've been know to do so before, I killed someone 3 days ago."

"Ok, right this way. You'll have to put some of these things on." He said, motioning to scrubs.

Sydney quickly put them on over her clothes.

When they came in, they were wheeling him out of the OR, he was still hooked up to the monitors. All of a sudden, the heart monitor emitted a loud sound, and he went into cardiac arrest.

:eek:

Whoever likes this story and would like 2 c it finished, better reply!!

A/N Hope you enjoyed the story! R/R!

:syd3: + :vaughn1: = Perfect couple

:D

Sure!! Oh, and FYI everyone! I'm gonna b teaching a class over @ sd12.com. it's a beginers class for alias fan fic writing. I could use more students! Space is limited!! Class is called: Beginers fan fic Taught by Sydney Bristow 2300844.

I never believed that so many people would read this and my other fan fic!!! I'm overwhelmed with demands. if you have any ideas about what should happen, I would LOVE to hear them, so, send them in!!

Back