Horror The Ring (2002)

Ok, the movie was scary, but more creepy. You can predict what happens next, but not always. The end and the beginning was the worst. Not a happy ending! Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I've seen it, but I was a little bit disappointed, because everyone was saying, it's soo scary but actually it wasn't. The movie is good, but not sooo scary that your hiding yourself behind the couch! :hide:

I rented it and while I found it creepy, it wasn't scary. The best thing about it was the way it was filmed. Just the look and cinematography.

I liked The Ring, and have been wanting to see Ringu, but haven't had the opportunity yet. (Just saw The Eye, some nice creepy sequences, not a bad little Taiwanese film.) The Ring didn't scare me, but I can't remember the last movie that did that--was there one in my childhood? It was a good, solid, supernatural piece. I guarantee that it would give my husband nightmares (he won't see horror movies with me ;) ).

I saw the Ring like a year and a half ago with a group of friends. It was good, and it did freak me out at times. And plus Naomi Watts looks absolutely beautiful in it (even when she's freaked out! :lol:smiley:.

i finally saw this about a week ago and i loved it. Can't wait for the sequel next year. plus being an avid Naomi Watts fan it was great. she's so hot. and a great actress

Habitually i don't like horror movie. But i absolutely love this movie. The creepy atmosphere, Naomi Watts performance, I can't wait to see the sequel!

I saw it as the Japanese version, RINGU. I've never seen the American one, so i cant really compare them. I got confused though. I wanna go rent it though so i can see the second one!

Saw this movie in theater and was scared to drive home in the dark afterward, even with my friends in the car. Samara is truly terrifying. Love that it's set in my hometown of Seattle. Can't wait for the sequel. Those deer in the preview look freaky.

I'm not really into Gorefest type horror films, I mean seeing a severed head is not scary it's just gross. I prefer films like this, the psychological horror films because your mind is creating the fear and it's pretty escape from it. I love how The Ring doesn't feel the need to constantly have people popping out of nowhere like today's slasher flicks. Actually, I find it kind of annoying because it becomes almost predictable.

omg I'm so freaked out. There's this website (the-tape.com) with the video, and then there is another website (she-is-here.com) which is a chronicle of people who have watched the movie, and what happens to them. I know it's all fake but I just cannot bring myself to click a button that says I will die in 7 days. I keep on getting wicked (what can I say, I'm a New Englander!) scared thinking Samara's going to come after me....

I haven't but a month before the movie came out, Dreamworks left copies of the tape around as a promotional stunt, but of course they deny doing this.

sugababyboo said:
I haven't but a month before the movie came out, Dreamworks left copies of the tape around as a promotional stunt, but of course they deny doing this.
[post="1239729"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

OMG! Are you serious? That's just plain wrong. Whoever came up with the footage and the collection of sheer freakiness in that tape is a very scary genius. Even small things like watching Anna Morgan brush her hair in the mirror creeped me out.

tippinlover said:
I'm afraid to visit those sites too.  Has anyone else been to them?
[post="1239691"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

well, I realized that it's all part of a silly web joke, so I watched 'the tape' from the-tape.com

It wasn't that scary, I kept expecting something to jump out at me, but nothing came. It's been a day and nothing weird has happened. Actually, I'm less scared now than before I watched the tape :confused:

But, just to be careful, I put a link to the site in my AIM profile with the caption "Don't let me die!" and one of my friends 'saved my life'

lol

I got this from imdb.com

The cursed "video" is available as an easter egg on the DVD. Select look here and press down and your cursor will disappear. Press enter. This has an interesting feature; your remote control is disabled. Once the "video" has started playing, you can't stop it, pause it, fast-forward it, or return to the menu. Unless you turn off the TV, you're forced to watch the whole thing. When it's over, the DVD returns to the menu, then you hear a phone ring twice before you're given control over your remote again.

There's an easter egg? You know, I don't own the movie even though I love it. I just have this thing against owning a horror film. But, I'm gonna have to rent it so I can check that out.