Horror The Ring (2002)

sugababyboo said:
I got this from imdb.com

The cursed "video" is available as an easter egg on the DVD. Select look here and press down and your cursor will disappear. Press enter. This has an interesting feature; your remote control is disabled. Once the "video" has started playing, you can't stop it, pause it, fast-forward it, or return to the menu. Unless you turn off the TV, you're forced to watch the whole thing. When it's over, the DVD returns to the menu, then you hear a phone ring twice before you're given control over your remote again.
[post="1239747"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Holy felgercarb that's creepy! And almost mean!!!!!!!

I heard that in Japan when the previews for Ringu were on TV it sent out this pulse that meant you couldn't change the channel by remote until the preview finished. Is that possible?

Well, maybe it's like when that annoying "This is a test of the emergency blah blah" system" and every channel has it on. But I don't know about the remote control thing.

ms.katejones said:
I heard that in Japan when the previews for Ringu were on TV it sent out this pulse that meant you couldn't change the channel by remote until the preview finished. Is that possible?
[post="1243453"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I wouldn't be surprised if its possible. But whether people would do it or not.... :thinking: :Ph34r:

Now that I think about it, if the DVD can disable the remote control, then it should be possible that a broadcast could do the same to a television remote. Well, DVD remotes must be constructed the same way since it seems that this easter egg works for everyone who has tried it. So, I'm assuming that television remotes are made the same way.

I wish that Samara would just leave Rachel and Aidan alone!!! They did the whole chain letter/video thing let them be you freaky little girl.

sugababyboo said:
I wish that Samara would just leave Rachel and Aidan alone!!!  They did the whole chain letter/video thing let them be you freaky little girl.
[post="1244392"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

LOL! I know. I love Rachel, but methinks she actually brought this on herself by helping Samara. I guess Aidan was right, she should have just let her be. But then again, Rachel and Aidan would have died, so I'm not sure she had much of a choice there.

I just can't wait to see Naomi on the big screen again: "I'm not your f***ing mother!" Hee!!

I'm not really sure. I haven't read that much about the movie because I want to go in knowing nothing about it since I have the DVD. What I do know is that it takes place in Astoria, Oregon and that's where my other favorite movie "Goonies" was shot.

Yeah, I don't know much either. I've seen the trailer and that's about it.

So they move from Seattle, WA to Oregon? Dude, if you're gonna run from Samara, I'm thinking NY, maybe. Hell England or France sound nice too :smiley:

I was re-watching Man of His Word just now, and they showed a commerical for the Ring 2 trailer. And that part where Rachel is taking the same dive as Anna Morgan off of that clip really freaks me out. I hope that doesn't really happen. Because otherwise...

tippinlover said:
Yeah, me too.  What about Sissy Spacek?  What role does she play?
[post="1244432"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I think that she has a role as a doctor of some sort. Maybe the one who cares for her son, who seems to have gone wacko?

UncoveringAlias said:
I think that she has a role as a doctor of some sort. Maybe the one who cares for her son, who seems to have gone wacko?
[post="1244524"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Oh, OK. I wasn't sure if she'd be like one of Samara's relative or something.

And yeah, Aidan is not looking too good in the previews. Though I could also see Rachel going crazy too. Like I said before, that clip of her sort of re-enacting the Anna Morgan fall scares me.

I just really hope this is better or just as good as the original because screenwriters are starting to smarten up (Shrek 2, Spiderman 2) when it comes to sequels..well some are "The Son of the Mask"....blah :P

Ok, I don't mean to double post, but I totally ruined the movie for myself because I've found out the ending and it is from a reliable source because weeks before the movie "Hide and Seek" came out this site had the ending already. If you don't want to find out, then I HIGHLY suggest that you stay away from the imdb.com messageboards because that is how I found the website that had the ending and there is a member that posted the ending on the imdb board as well.

All I have to say about the ending is ...the trailer and tv spots are the biggest clues. Keep in mind that endings are subject to change and a small part of me hopes that happens.

There were strange happenings during the production of this movie...from imdb.com

According to the production notes, there were bizarre incidents on set of life reflecting art. On the seventh day, the production office was discovered to have flooded overnight, the result of a burst water pipe. Water is a strong theme in the film. In response, director Hideo Nakata requested a Japanese purification ceremony be carried out my a Shinto minister, but the strange incidents continued.

While on location, a swarm of thousands of bees descended on the prop truck, prompting the immediate evacuation of the department, before the bees left as quick as they arrived. For no apparent reason, a five-gallon water jug burst open in the production office kitchen, once again flooding the same room that had flooded only weeks earlier. One morning on the Universal lot, a set costumer stepped out of the parking garage to discover an antlered buck charging across the asphalt in her direction. Though deer are a regular occurrence in the hills, the similarity to the deer attack in the film is uncanny.