Season 4 The Song During The Crash

jems

michael's widow in mourning
I was just wondering if anyone knew what the song playing on the radio was during the sanat barbara drive..........i just thought it might give us a clue as to what the hell is going on in that scene - whether its real or a dream of vaughns........anyone know??

maybe i am being desperate :lol: but i need clues :Ph34r:

It was Lay, Lady, Lay by the great Bob Dylan.

I can't see any particular meaning in the lyrics. I just know it's a cool song. :D

You know what I just realized?

The song that was playing during the Santa Barbara scene was "Lay Lady Lay" by Bob Dylan (no one better, don't deny it), and Lay Lady Lay is off a live album of Dylan's called "Before The Flood."

Also, Before The Flood, besides being the title of the episode, is used as an anology for a million different things; it goes back to the time of the Old Testament. So it's not surprising that they used it in the literal term in the finale, "before the flood" of the red ball.

And one more thing: The scene in Santa Barbara started very nice and soft and calm, then--BOOM--A HARD, FAST, CAR CRASH, and then cut to black. The calm before the storm....

Any thoughts?

Leslie said:
Holy felgercarb. JJ is evil. :hmm:
[post="1357296"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Ok, see, that I don't get. Your answer for everything. JJ is evil JJ is evil JJ is evil. If that was JJ's doing, I for one applaud him for it. I understand your opinion on some of his decisions, but you have to draw the line somewhere. Does EVERYTHING have to be answered with "JJ is evil" or "bad JJ" remark?????

Let's..uh..tone it down some. Love ya, Les! :angelic:

Leslie said:
Holy felgercarb. JJ is evil. :hmm:
[post="1357296"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

he he JJ is evil! lol in all of his....CRAZY felgercarb he does he is just plain evil..but is that not why we love him? lol

I love that when they use music like that it is so meaningful. I think that is my number one gripe about S4 is that the use of music did not rival that of any of the previous seasons. Even S3 had some beautiful (and filled with multiple meanings) song choices. Remember when they used "Delicate" by Damien Rice, or holy cow that Deftones song in Hourglass? Sorry totally off topic... I had a feeling the song meant something I just couldn't place it. I was thinking that the title might also apply to the S/V Car/Crash scene but without knowing the song... I had no idea. Nice JJ. Evil too. Bob Dylan totally a song he would pick IMO.

Niiiiice Ethan.
I love how everythings connected... it rules. Although my fist is going to connect with JJs FACE is this vaughn thing isnt sorted correctly.

But apart from that, love him.

great ethan - i merged our threads - i knew there would be some significance to the song but I couldnt work it out so thanks for this :smiley:

IMO = in my opinion

Side note, my roommates always made fun of me for being so 'crazy' that I am a member of AA. However, after an arguement of what the song was during the car crash at the end and me finding it on the site they, officially, can no longer make fun of me!

White_Rabbit said:
Wait, I don't get it. You think he's evil too? What does IMO mean? I forgot.
[post="1357984"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Back