Their Little Princess

Holy felgercarb!!! I can't believe I missed a Sark Attack story.... Just finished reading the entire thing so far... Another awesome story... How do you do it... Can't wait for the next chapter tomorrow!!! :smiley: Poor Syd, having to give up her baby :( Good on Micheal for keeping his, and to h*** with Lauren :smiley:

No she does like him...she's not just Dr. Bristow!!!!!
-I can't wait for the baby to come home!!!
Great update!! Loved it!! Thanks for the pm!!!

Here are 2 more chapters. Thanks to the few of you that replied. I'm not sure why but even with the pms, people are still not reviewing. If someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I would really appreciate it.

Have a great weekend. Next update will be Monday.

:smiley:

CJ

~Part 12~

So many years had gone by since she’d given up her daughter for adoption. For the most part, the pain of loss had dulled. While she frequently thought about her daughter, she didn’t ache for her very much anymore. Unless something happened…something like seeing someone else have the very thing she’d given away.

“What are you thinking?” he asked.

“That you’re very lucky. You have a lovely daughter.” She gave him a quick smile. “Sorry, I don’t mean to get emotional, it’s just that I always wanted a large family and it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen.”

He leaned against the door frame and folded his arms over his chest.” Why hasn’t it? You could have an even dozen by now?”

That made her laugh.” I wasn’t looking for that many.” She paused. “I’m not sure of the reason. Some of it is being a doctor. Medical school, then my residency didn’t leave much time for a personal life.”

“So what’s your excuse now?

What was her excuse? She couldn’t tell him the truth…that her past made her feel guilty and small. That is any man knew about the flaws in her character, he could never want her. She knew that her sense of lacking worthiness was something she should work on, but she’d never found the time. Somehow it was always easier to get lost in her job.

“I’m not sure I have an excuse, “she told him. “It takes time to get establish in a new town. I haven’t met anyone who interests me. You know, the usual stuff.”

He grimaced. “That makes sense. I, on the other hand, have had too many relationships, but that’s going to change now.”

She couldn’t hold back her smile. “Don’t be so fast to think so. Many women will find you even more attractive now that you have a child.”

“It’s not about them, “he said. “It’s about me. For the past few months, I’ve been looking at my life and I’m not sure I like what I see. It was one thing to fool around while I was on my own, but now I have a child to think about. She deserves a father who makes good relationship choices. I want her to be proud of me.”

Sydney couldn’t help thinking that Michael was much deeper than she would have given him credit for. Between the muscles, the incredibly green eyes and the smile that screamed seduction, she would have thought him to be a player, with no interest in anything of value. And she would have been wrong.

The doorbell rang.

“I bet that’s Nadia. She probably brought Weiss along, “ he said as he headed for the stairs.

Sydney followed him. Nadia and Weiss stood in the family room. Weiss held up a container holding four cups of coffee, and a pink box from a bakery.

“I see we both thought to bring breakfast, “he said with a smile. “Great minds think alike.”

“Good to see you both, “Sydney said. “I brought bagels.”

Nadia set down the brightly wrapped gift box she’d been holding and reached for the bag of bagels.

“Thanks, Syd. I’m dying for a Danish, but I can’t eat all that sugar on an empty stomach. It makes me queasy. So I’ll have a bagel first. Then a Danish. Maybe even two.”

She glanced up and saw everyone staring at her.

“What? She asked, sounding indignant. “I’m eating for two.”

Sydney shook her head. “Fine. Eat for two. But don’t be screaming when you step on the scale for your monthly appointment.”

Nadia pressed her lips together. “Fine. I’ll have half a bagel and then half a Danish.” She sighed.

“I never knew I’d hate having one of my best friends also be my doctor.”

Michael looked startled by the exchange. “Are all women like this when they’re pregnant? Maybe it was a good thing that Lauren and I weren’t really spending time together.”

Weiss hugged Nadia and brushed his cheek against her long black hair. “Pregnancy is full of challenges, but the end results are worth it. Besides, Nadia is my sweet angel.”

Nadia shook her head. “He’s humoring me because he thinks if he keeps sweet-talking me, I won’t pull the plug on us having more children in the future.”

She shoved the box toward Michael then reached for the bag of bagels. “Open this, Dad.”

Michael stared at the box. “It’s for me?”

“No, it’s for your daughter.

“Oh. Thanks.” He sounded more confused than sincere, then he reached for the box and studied the paper.

It showed pink angels and curly mauve hearts. Tied on top was a small pink rattle. Looking more uncomfortable by the second, he ripped into the paper, then lifted the lid off the square box.

First he pulled out a frilly dress in pale peach. The tiny sleeves had little bows and there was lace on the hem.

“It’s beautiful, “Sydney said. “Nadia, that’s so adorable.”

“I know. I fell in love with it the second I saw it. I adore Jeremy and Tyler, “she said, naming her two boys, “but shopping for them is not as much fun as shopping for the little girl we’re going to have. “She said, rubbing her hand on her belly. “All those lacy, frilly things. It’s great.”

“It’s a dress, “Michael said doubtfully. “Does she need a dress?”

“All girls do, “Nadia said as she cut a bagel in half and smoothed on cream cheese. “For when you take her out.”

“Take her out where?”

“Anywhere. Don’t you want her to look pretty?”

Michael stared at the dress as if it were a subversive plot to overthrow the government. Sydney was worried he might bolt at any moment.

“What else is in there?” She asked to distract him.

“There’s more? Michael sounded more alarmed than pleased.

Sydney noticed that Weiss wasn’t saying much, but he appeared to be highly amused by his best friend’s apprehension.

“Well, this is okay, I guess, “Michael said, holding up a stuffed teddy bear. Then he glanced at a book touting the joys of having a daughter.

“I’ll need this for sure. I’ve figure out I don’t know diddly squat about women.”

“Fortunately she’s not going to be a woman for a long time, “Sydney said, “You will have learned a lot by then.”

“Which reminds me, “Nadia said as she licked cream cheese off her fingers. “I brought my practice baby. She’s in the car with diapers and bath stuff.”

“I’ll get it,” Weiss said.”

“I’ll come with you, “Sydney told him. “My car is filled with the things Michael couldn’t bring home last night.”

“Then we’ll all make the trip outside, “Michael said as he set the gifts on the kitchen counter.

Nadia waved. “You go ahead. I just want to eat some more.”

Sydney was still laughing when her pager beeped. She glanced at the display and recognized the number for the hospital. The code following told her that she had a patient in labor.

“I have to run, “she told Michael as she walked toward her car. He’d unloaded most of the bags she’d picked up from the store and was holding an overnight bag.

“You might as well take that inside.”

“So you’ll be back?”

She tried not to smile at the panic in his voice,

“I promised I’d stay, and I will. I don’t expect this to take too long, so look for me later this afternoon. When are you picking up the baby?”

“Around eleven, “he said. He swallowed. “So you’ll really be back.”

She touched his arm. Through the soft, worn sweatshirt, she felt the firmness of his muscles. She squeezed.

“Don’t worry. You’ll be fine. Eric and Nadia are here. She’ll give you your baby lesson and that will give you confidence you need to handle this. Remember when you first started working for the construction company? Did you have a lot of things to learn?

He nodded. “But if I screwed up I wasn’t messing up a child.”

“You’re not going to mess her up. In fact, I’m willing to bet you’re really going to like being a father?”

“Yeah?”

She released him. “I promise. See you later.”

With that she got in her car and started the engine. As she backed down the driveway, she couldn’t suppress a faint thrill of excitement that she was going to be coming back later. She wanted to spend more time with Michael. She told herself it was because of the baby and nothing else, but she wasn’t sure that she really believed that. In her heart, she knew that somehow it had become something more.

TBC

~Part 13~

“Okay, I know you’re worried, “Michael said as he carefully steered his Explorer onto the main road. He had to force himself to merge with traffic when all he wanted to do was drive twenty in the slow lane so he could be sure they got home safely.

At the stoplight, he quickly glanced over his shoulder and saw his daughter sleeping soundly in her car seat. Hope and love and terror battled it out in his chest. He felt like he’d been sucker punched and handed his heart’s desire, all in the same moment. Nothing was ever going to be the same again.

“We’ll get through this, “he told her, then returned his attention to the road.

“I’ve screwed up more than once in life, but I swear, I’ll do my damnesdest not to screw up with you.” He paused, then cleared his throat.

“I should probably start by not swearing in front of you, huh? Sorry about that. See I don’t have any practice at being a father. Fortunately you don’t have any practice at being a kid, either. So we’ll learn together. I’ll be here for you, no matter what. I’ve got thirty-seven years on you, kid.”

He looked at her again. “Thirty-seven. Does that sound old to you?” Not surprisingly, she didn’t answer.

He drew in a breath. He couldn’t remember ever being this unsure of himself. He didn’t want to break her or hurt her in some way. How did people become parents more than once? Maybe it got easier with practice. He could only hope.

He turned right at the next signal and entered his neighborhood . Weiss had wanted to come along while he picked up his daughter, but Nadia had said he had to do this by himself. The sooner he got used to being alone with her, the better for the both of them.

Michael frowned. “We can’t keep calling you ‘her’ or ‘the baby’. We’re going to have to come up with a name. I wish you could tell me what you’d like…or at least what you’d hate.”

He pulled into his driveway, which circled in front of the large, two-story house.

“This is it, “he said as he switched off the engine. “You’re home.”

His daughter wasn’t overly impressed. She continued to sleep as he unstrapped her car seat. He slung the bag of supplies the hospital had sent home with him over one shoulder, then picked up the seat and carried, and his daughter, inside.

Weiss and Nadia were waiting in the foyer.” How did it go?” Weiss asked.

“Okay.” He let the bag slip to the floor and held out the carrier.

“Here she is.” He stared down doubtfully. “She’s sleeping.”

“Don’t complain. She’ll be up soon enough. Come and see what we did.”

He followed the upstairs and into his daughter’s room. While he’d been gone, Weiss had finished putting together the three-drawer changing table and Nadia had put all the clothes and linens away.

“Newborn size clothes are in the top drawer, “she said, pulling it open to show him. “Everything else is in the lower drawers.

He sucked in his breath. “I, ah, guess I’d better get her in bed, “he said.

“Absolutely. I washed the sheets and the comforter. They’ve only been out of the dryer a few minutes, so they’ve probably even still warm, “she said helpfully.

Michael glanced at Weiss, but his friend shook his head. “You’re going to have to learn how to do this sometime. Might as well be now.”

First he unfastened the straps holding her in place. Carefully, supporting his baby’s head the way Nadia and the nurse at the hospital had shown him, he lifted her from the car seat and cradled her against the crook of his arm. Then he crossed the room and gently put her in the crib.

She barely stirred. Then her big green eyes opened, she wiggled once, yawned, then drifted off to sleep.

“I guess you’re really a dad now, “Weiss said and slapped him on the back.

“Congratulations.”

“Thanks. I’ve got to do something about a name. “He glanced at Weiss. “I was thinking Lea.”

Weiss nodded. “I like it. Like Princess Lea in Star Wars. You know I had a major crush on her growing up.”

“Who didn’t?” Vaughn smiled.” What do you think, Nadia?”

“I like it, too. It suits her, ”said Nadia, then sniffled. “Let’s go downstairs. If I stay here much longer, I’m going to cry. You know, hormones, babies, it’s inevitable.”

Both men hustled her out of the room. They went downstairs into the family room, then Michael remembered the baby monitor and had to run back up to get it. He turned on the unit on the dresser, clicked on the one in his hand, and paused by the crib.

“Hi, Lea, “ he murmured. “I’m glad you’re sleeping. You should think about sleeping a lot. That would give your old man a break. Want to give it a try?”

Then because he couldn’t help himself, he stroked the back of his index finger against her cheek. The warm skin was so incredibly soft. She barely stirred.

“I don’t usually fall this fast, but you seem to a have a firm grip on my heart. I guess we’re stuck with each other.”

Despite the fear, he knew then that there was no where else he would rather be.

Michael glanced at his watch as he walked down the stairs. It had been all of twenty minutes, and so far, so good. If the next twenty years would go as smoothly, he might just get the hang of this whole parenting thing.

As he stepped into the family room, he saw Nadia leaning against Weiss. Weiss had his arms around his wife, and they were talking quietly. Nothing about their posture was sexual, yet Michael sensed the intimacy between them. Something in his gut told him that Weiss had been lucky, or smart enough, to find an extraordinary woman like Nadia to share his life.

Michael pushed down the surge of envy that appeared unexpectedly. He reminded himself that he’d never been one for commitments. Of course he’d never gotten the points of kids either and now he had one. Everything changed.

Weiss glanced up and saw him.” Nadia and I are going to let you off the hook about baby-sitting the kids, “he said.

“Look this is your wedding, “Michael said. “I still want to take the kids. Tyler’s a big help with his younger brother Josh and Lizzy will help me out with the boys. I don’t want you worrying. You’re barely going to get away for more than a weekend as it is.”

Weiss and Nadia exchanged a look. “We’ll find someone else, “ Nadia said firmly. “It’s sweet of you to offer, but you have no idea what you’re getting into. Having a baby in the house changes everything. We’ll arrange for child-care.

She glanced at her watch, then at Weiss. “We need to be going, ” she said.

Weiss nodded. “She’s right. “He tapped his shirt pocket. “I’ve got my cell phone with me, so call if you need anything.”

They were leaving? Michael fought down a sudden surge of panic. “You guys can’t stay a little longer, can’t you?”

“Sorry.” Nadia picked up her purse and slung it over one shoulder. “I’ll be in touch this afternoon with a couple of numbers for baby nurses. I have two in mind and I think one of them is available.

He watched helplessly as they headed for the front door. “What do I do if she waked up?”

“Take care of her, “Nadia said. “Check her diaper, then feed her.”

“I don’t know how.”

“Yes, you do. We went over it this morning.”

Yeah, right, like practicing on a doll was the same as feeding a baby. “But…”

“Be sure to check the temperature of the formula and burp her when she’s done, “Nadia said, giving him a reassuring smile.

“If you get into trouble, call on the cell phone. Eric and I can be back here in less than twenty minutes.”

He would prefer they didn’t leave at all, but he couldn’t bring himself to insist that they stay.

“Sure, “he said with a confidence he didn’t feel. “We’ll be fine.”

They waved, then walked out the front door. Michael wanted to go running after them and beg them to move in with him for the next two or three years.

Maybe he should ask Nadia to find a baby nurse who could start today, or in the next fifteen minutes.

He paced the length of the family room, then turned and stared at the baby monitor. It was just a matter of time until Lea woke up and started crying.

Dear God, then what was he going to do?

TBC

Here is the official pm list for this story. If you're not interested in continuing receiving pms for this story, you should have the courtesy to let me know. I find it very insulting to send many pms and only having 5 people replying. If you still want to be on the list, let me know. If not, then don't waste my time. Let me know and your name will be removed. :rolleyes:

6helterskelter6
Addicted 2 Alias
Alias_chick_47
aliasfan212
AliasSydney502
Angel
anji_alias

cookiemonster
cupcake55
derevkointraining
Dorod
funkymonkey
gtwallichs
Jen-Jen

Julia47Thorne
KAliasGirl
Kate_14
Lily Ella
LittleNicky
Mallory
MH55995
mnkdance963

Nicky_Bristow
secret_agent_angel
sparklingrainbow
sydneymicheal
SydVaughn1001
tblash423
tubby
vaughnshoney
xMountineer02300844x

first of all.. i really don't know why people aren't replying... but please keep me on your list. i really love your story...

i think michael's gonna be a great dad! and lea is a cute name.. i really like it!

thanks for the update! :smiley:

like the name a lot! i think all guys above 25-30 had a crush on princess leia. and i like that you gave her a princess' name and she is TLP, nice!

can't wait for the panic attacks to set in before syd returns!

Aww I love the name...Lea is such a cute name!!!
-I love how panicked Vaughn is...it's soo cute!!! I'm sure he'll be fine!!!!
Can't wait for more!! Loved it!! Thanks for the pm!

I'm not sure why but even with the pms, people are still not reviewing. If someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I would really appreciate it.

Well I don't know... I guess many people are on vacation and it's also more likely since AA has been on and off lately that some didn't check yet or didn't have time to catch up with or something like that...Just give it a chance till the weekend's over (which is a good idea in my POV) till the next update so people catch up... They only tend to review once caught up... know what I mean? :thinking:

Anyway you wanted my impression so there ya go :P

Now review :woot:

“Does she need a dress?”

Hell yes she needs one...she's a girl! He's gonna get used to it pretty fast that I'm sure of and then he's going to buy his princess like millions of dresses... the title says it all :love:

“I’ve screwed up more than once in life, but I swear, I’ll do my damnesdest not to screw up with you.” He paused, then cleared his throat.

“I should probably start by not swearing in front of you, huh? Sorry about that. See I don’t have any practice at being a father. Fortunately you don’t have any practice at being a kid, either. So we’ll learn together. I’ll be here for you, no matter what. I’ve got thirty-seven years on you, kid.”

Vaughn talking and 👶 sleeping...so cute!!!!!!! If she only knew how lucky she is :lol:

“We can’t keep calling you ‘her’ or ‘the baby’. We’re going to have to come up with a name"

I'm afraid you'll have to do that ;)

She barely stirred. Then her big green eyes opened, she wiggled once, yawned, then drifted off to sleep.

“I guess you’re really a dad now, “Weiss said and slapped him on the back.

“Congratulations.”

“Thanks. I’ve got to do something about a name. “He glanced at Weiss. “I was thinking Lea.”

I love it... Can I :hug: her too???????????? Pleaseeeeeeeeee

Then because he couldn’t help himself, he stroked the back of his index finger against her cheek. The warm skin was so incredibly soft. She barely stirred.

“I don’t usually fall this fast, but you seem to a have a firm grip on my heart. I guess we’re stuck with each other.”

One simply has to quote this :love:

Here is a picture of Lea.

th_BV.jpg

Thanks, Cookie, for your kind words. Made my day

CJ

i'm sorry if i havent reviewed... i read on sd-1 when AA is down, which was a lot last week. but i'll review here when its available.

this is a great story and youre very talented. more people should read. *sigh* if only everything i wanted came true. lol

~Sierra

i can totally understand the PM thing where not too many people review eventhough they asked for a PM, it kind of upsets me too, so i know what you mean. Please keep me on the PM list. I love this story!

cute pic of baby Lea...btw I like the name. When Vaughn was like "Does she have to wear a dress?" I started laughing...of course Vaughn, girls like getting dressed up. I'm sure he'll be fine once she wakes up or there's this picture in my mind of him freaking out and running in circles. :lol: Thanks for the PM!

-erin :smiley:

that was great
thanks for the pm
and im sorry i counld reply sooner... i kinda crashed my computer big time the other day.... but it is all better now... well it should be

Here is the new update. Hope you enjoy. Have a great day and talk to you soon. :smiley: CJ

~Part 14~

“Hush, Lea, “Michael pleaded as he rocked his daughter in his arms.

When she’d awakened a little more than an hour before, he’d rushed upstairs at the first whisper of a cry. He’d checked her diaper, which had been dry, then had carefully fed her. After double-checking the temperature of the formula, he’s positioned her as both Nadia and the nurse in the hospital had shown him. Lea had taken to the bottle with no trouble at all. When she’d finished her meal, he’d held her against his shoulder and patted her back until she’d let out an impressive burp. But since then, all she’d done was cry.

The harsh, hiccupping sound made him frantic. Did she have a temperature? Was she sick? Had he given her too much formula or not enough?

She drew in her breath and let out another sob. Her face was all scrunched up, with her eyes squeezed tightly closed and her tiny fists waving in the air.

“No one should be this unhappy, ‘he murmured to her as he rocked her back and forth. In the past twenty minutes it felt as if her weight had doubled. He paced the length of the downstairs and wondered if he should just give up and page Nadia.

Before he could decide, the doorbell rang. He rushed to the foyer and pulled it open.

Sydney stood on the porch holding several plastic grocery bags. “I bought supplies, “she said over the sound of Lea’s crying. “From the drugstore. Baby wash, diaper wipes, that sort of thing.” She stepped into the entrance and glanced at Lea.

“What’s wrong?”

He resisted the urge to hold out the screaming child to her to fix. “I don’t know. When she woke up, she was fine. I fed her then burped her. I thought she’d go back to sleep.”

Sydney crossed to the kitchen where she set down her bags. “What about her diaper?”

“I checked it first thing.”

Sydney began unpacking her bags. He clamped down on his frustration. How could she be so calm about this? Something could be seriously wrong with Lea. Didn’t she want to recommend that he rush her to the emergency room?”

“Did you check her diaper after you fed her?”

He blinked at the question. “After?”

She gave him a quick smile. “Sometimes babies go after they eat, rather than before. Have you checked recently?”

“Do I have to?”

“Oh yes. And before you think of passing that job off to me, I’ll just go ahead and mention I have a lot more stuff in my car. I’ll bring it right now.”

With that she disappeared.

Michael stared at his daughter. “About this poop thing, “he said. “I’m not up to it. Maybe we should just dispose of everything in liquid form. What do you think?

She gave another cry, so he headed up the stairs. Two minutes later he had her on the changing table and was staring at something that looked like a prop out of an alien horror movie.

“What is it? He asked when he heard Sydney’s footsteps in the hall. “It’s disgusting.”

“It’s something you’re going to have to get used to.” She poked her head into the bedroom and grinned.

“It could be worse.”

He looked up.” How?”

“She could be a boy. They are notorious for sending up a little shower while they’re having their diapers changed.

“Great, “he muttered returning his attention to his daughter.

“There are too many firsts for me, sweet Lea. Bringing you home, your first bottle, now this first diaper. Things are moving too fast. Let’s all just relax for a bit and catch up, okay?”

She’d stopped crying. Her gaze seemed to look at his face and as usual, her expression was faintly worried.

“I think she knows I’m clueless, “he told Sydney.

“She’s got this look on her face as if she’s sure I’m going to drop her or something.”

“All babies do that, “Sydney said, walking over and smiling down at Lea.

“I heard your daddy call you by a name. Lea. Do you like it?

Lea responded by fluttering her eyelids a couple of times, then dozing off.

“I’ll take that as a yes, “Sydney said.

He checked the baby monitor to make sure it was turned on , then led Sydney down to the family room. There were more shopping bag waiting there.

He stared at the pile. “Please tell me that everything comes with instructions, “he said.

“Pretty much. And if it doesn’t, you’ll find out about it in the baby book I gave you. Or you can ask me while I’m here.”

“Want something to drink?” he asked, walking into the kitchen and pulling open the refrigerator door. “I have different sodas.”

“Anything diet?” she asked.

He glanced at her, at her long legs in tailored slacks and the casual shirt she’d tucked into the waistband. She was tall, athletic looking and very appealing.

“Sure, “he said, smiling at her.

He pulled out a can for her. When he reached for a glass, she snagged the container from him.

“I never bother, “she said.

“A woman after my own heart, “he said, grabbing a regular cola drink for himself and following her back into the family room.

Sydney settled on one end of the sofa, while he took the other. Staring at her face as images produced instant heat inside of him. He realized then how distracted he’d been with Lea. He’d been alone with Sydney several times in the past couple of days and hadn’t been able to appreciate that she was funny, intelligent and easy on the eye. Not that he was interested in her that way. She was helping out and he was grateful. They were friends, nothing more. They had to be. He had a child to think of now. He couldn’t keep practicing his own version of serial monogamy. Lea would get confused.

He popped the top of his soda. “I almost forgot to ask, “he said. “How was the delivery?”

Sydney sighed as her face took on a look of radiance. “It was great. Everything went perfectly.”

She paused.” The mother might take issue with that. After all, she spent several hours in labor. But the birth was smooth and easy on the baby. They had a healthy little boy and both parents are thrilled.”

She looked at him and smiled.” Usually when I deliver a child, I rarely get to see him or her again, so it’s nice to be able to follow-up with one of my babies. Lea is doing very well.”

“I hope so. She seems okay. I’m glad that Nadia’s going to be her pediatrician.”

She leaned back against the sofa. “So how did you pick Lea for her name?”

“It was my grandmother’s name. Since she was partially responsible for my upbringing, I’ve decided that it would be a nice way to remember her by.”

“That’s so nice, she said as she rubbed one of Lea’s stuffed animal’s face. “Bears have always been my favorite.”

“Tell me again why you don’t have a dozen kids of your own, “he said impulsively.

Something dark and painful slipped across her eyes. Then she blinked and it was gone.

“Interesting question for which I don’t have an equally interesting answer, “she said lightly.” But you’re the important one right now. I want to know how you’re feeling. Is the panic under control?”

“Seems to be, “he said, recognizing that she deliberately changing the subject but not sure he should let her. Then he remembered that she was being kind enough to give up one of her weekends to help him with his daughter. He owed her. More importantly, her personal life was nonce of his business.

He glanced at his watch. “Hour four of having her home and all is well.”

“I’m glad. “She stood up. “I thought I could go to the grocery store. Pick some stuff up for all of us to eat. Then I’m available to assist you with the baby care. That is if you still want me to stay over.”

“Are you kidding? I won’t make it without you.”

She smiled. “Then what about making a list?”

But even as he went through his cupboards and figured out what he had and what he needed, he could get those words out of his head. I won’t make it without you. They’d both known what he meant when he said it. He was talking about Lea and his lack of parental experience. Nothing more. But for a moment he wondered how his life would be different if he could for once allow himself to really need someone.

TBC

Pm list:

Addicted 2 Alias
Alias_chick_47
aliasfan212
AliasSydney502
Angel
anji_alias
cookiemonster
cupcake55
derevkointraining
funkymonkey
gtwallichs
Jen-Jen

Julia47Thorne
KAliasGirl
Kate_14
Lily Ella
LittleNicky
Mallory
MH55995
mnkdance963

Nicky_Bristow
secret_agent_angel
sparklingrainbow
sydneymicheal
SydVaughn1001
tblash423
tubby
xMountineer02300844x

sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!! Poor Lea has been crying her little lungs out of her body till daddy figured out what was wrong with her... or at least Sydney did...

He'd eventually gotten the hint by the smell :lol:

So :love:

Back