To Rule The World

Well. At least Elanthia anyways.

Look at the answer to the question at the bottom of this interview. I never noticed it before but not only can you rule a faction with benefits etc. But you can rule a "Living World Machine" i.e. ecosystem.

This makes me curious as to how HJ will play this.

If I understand it then a group/guild or whatever can get to the point where lets say these creatures (one of my fav photos) can be called upon for aid?

As in can you summon it/them?

Or would one have to be near them while fighting and your faction with that ecosystem would then draw their favorable aggro?

Which would you like? To be able to summon or proximity aggro?

This is one of those areas upon which no one has expanded and no one from Simu has commented on. I haven't evern seen a mention of that on the forums at play.net/hj

Good questions!! Now to see if a dev will respond and clear up at least a portion of it :smiley:

~ Jaraeth

Simutronics, as Jaraeth said, has yet to release hardly information pertaining to PvP, or how factions will work. I wouldn't doubt that within a few months that information will start rolling in just for the fact that beta will begin sometime within half a year.

I wouldn't rule calling upon animals to aide you in battle out if you rule the world. Ecosystems are possible too. I don't even know the answer.

WatchMaker said:
I certainly wouldn't put it past Simu to try something that cool.

/agreed

"The biggest and most unique weapon (and most fun, in my opinion) will be the world itself. The landscape will be populated with details that can become pre-made traps just waiting for an adventurer with the appropriate ability and imagination to bring it to life. These strategic features can be used for isolating, hampering or just plain flattening otherwise worrisome enemies. This is more than the occasional rockslide too… but the exact nature of all these things will have to wait until you get to see it for yourself." - Chris Moore

That sounds very interesting.​

well, i don't think you'll really be able to change the environment dynamicly.
there may be some pre-scripted events, maybe lots of them. but i don't believe in a fully changeable world.

Rubowsky said:
there may be some pre-scripted events, maybe lots of them. but i don't believe in a fully changeable world.

Be very careful. With the power that GMs have thanks to HeroBlade, I wouldn't say it's impossible for you to directly and permanently impact something in the world for everyone to see.

Rubowsky said:
I agree wit Riceman on this one... player housing in Ultima Online is a great example. Not flashy, but you can certainly change what others see in game. Considering the technology is a lot better, it just might be possible. Of course it would likely be limited to various models, but by simply selecting a texture, color, maybe a few add-ons you could conceivably have quite a variety of housing/environmental objects to combine and play with.

Back