Tomorrow When the War Began

There's this series By John Marsden and it's called Tomorrow When the War Began it's about these teenagers who live in Australia and one day they decide to go camping in the bush for a week and when they come back everyone in their town is gone and they find out that soldiers have invaded australia and they want to take over the country. It's EXTREMELY good!!! When i first heard about the book i didn't want to read it and i ended up reading it for these lit groups at school and it was AWESOME!!! The book is an australian book so it's fun to read cause they use australian slang terms. The first book in the series is called Tomorrow When the War Began and i think there's 7 books total. I can't think offhand what all the names of the others ones are but trust me READ THEM!!!!

I know what series you're talking about, i haven't actaully gotten round to reading them :blink: but I've heard it's good.

I don't know if you guys are Australian, but I am. I started reading these books in about 1994, and then stopped for a while. I read the last one a couple of weeks ago, and remembered why I liked them so much!
Everybody should read them - they are the ultimate adventure but are serious at the same time!

Hey, I just found out that he's writing a new series with the Tomorrow characters. We've got Ellie narrating again, but about all i know, it's supposed to be coming out some time in Nov i think.

I only read the first book in the series... never got around to reading the rest of them... isn't there like 8 books altogether??

With the new series... is it a continuation from the first series or a different story altogether?

There's seven books in the first series,
Tomorrow When the War Began,
The Dead of Night,
The Third Day, the Frost,
Darkness Be My Friend,
Burning for Revenge,
The Night is for Hunting
and
The Other Side of Dawn.

The new one's set a bit after the Other Side of Dawn, and the main character's the same, but I haven't read it, so that's about all I know.

Back