Politics USA Presidential Discussion Thread (2008)

Who would you vote for in the '08 primary?

• J. Bush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • J. Mccain

• Condi!! Yeah Baby!!

• J.C. Watts

• J. Walters

• M. Romney

• G. Allen

• M. Warner

• other

• Total voters
McCain- he seems a decent fellow. Kinda of a centrist. But he aint hot like Condi. I take that back, McCain is not a centrist, he's a Goldwater Conservative Republican. But at least he let's you know what his views are. Condi would have a better chance of sleeping with Michael Jackson than getting elected president.

I halfway like Jennifer Walters. She can see both sides of the issues--the little human side and the giant green mutated side.

In the end I picked other as I'd like to see someone new get into it as McCain is going to fizzle and make a Hilary victory very viable should he get to the big sombrero... or is it not called that yet? I forget.

So secretly I want McCain, but only as a backdoor to Hilary. So I stand by my other vote, because rather than just giving the finger to red staters, I'd like to see someone of worth on one of the tickets... since I only get the two choices.

Ok just kidding. I voted Romney. Fiscally conservative. Middle of the road on most social issues but trying to prove his conservative bona fides.

What say you?

I'd take none of them. Jeb isn't running (thank god) and infact is being considered for NFL commissioner...I'm not sure why though.

McCain has lost every ounce of respect I ever had for him. He used to be a man of principal who didn't care if his fellow Republicans didn't agree with him when he took a more centrist view. Now he's turned into somewhat of a brown noser. He's stirred things up in Congress, and he just gave a speech at Jerry Falwell's Liberty University...after he had very publically called Falwell a religious nut. You can certainly tell it's getting close to election time, because he's prepared to kiss anyone's butt to get the presidency this time around.

Ugh...I'm not a fan of Condi either.

Actually, I'm not a fan of any of them.

Oh, and Mark Warner is not a Republican. He may act like one at times (or most of the time, I suppose), but he is a Democrat. So if he runs, it will be for the Democrats. He's actually, in some circles, considered a top contender for the Democratic nomination (but I seriously hope not).

Back