Victor Garber Great Jack

Codename said:
Jack smiled on the train when Irena and him were drunk .. :D
Which is funny, cuz one of the few times he smiles, and it's with the woman he thinks is evil.

AliasALIAS said:
Codename said:
Jack smiled on the train when Irena and him were drunk ..  :D
Which is funny, cuz one of the few times he smiles, and it's with the woman he thinks is evil.
Yeah I was wondering why they did that, and Sydney looked so funny she was like looking back and forth at them smiley thinking they were like married and loved each other .. hmmmm I see J/I Shipping! ^_^

Codename said:
AliasALIAS said:
Codename said:
Jack smiled on the train when Irena and him were drunk ..  :D
Yeah I was wondering why they did that, and Sydney looked so funny she was like looking back and forth at them smiley thinking they were like married and loved each other .. hmmmm I see J/I Shipping! ^_^
The alcohol relaxed him enough to let some of his emotions through, and (as you know) my theory is that Jack never stopped loving his wife--he just believes that she never loved him and that she is a danger to his daughter and to himself. So in this more relaxed state, they both were able to share a past, happy moment together.

Notice how Jack pulled away a bit after they shared a few chuckles over the "toaster" incident? Even humorous memories of his and Irina's marriage are hard for him to deal with right now. But I think he'll come around in time. I think that whatever Irina is really up to, it does not involve harming Sydney or Jack. I used to feel exactly the same way about Irina as Jack does, but I've changed my mind -- sort of. I still don't blame Jack for being cautious, but I say give her a chance.

Ophelia said:
Notice how Jack pulled away a bit after they shared a few chuckles over the "toaster" incident? Even humorous memories of his and Irina's marriage are hard for him to deal with right now. But I think he'll come around in time. I think that whatever Irina is really up to, it does not involve harming Sydney or Jack. I used to feel exactly the same way about Irina as Jack does, but I've changed my mind -- sort of. I still don't blame Jack for being cautious, but I say give her a chance.
yeah give IRENA A Chance! :P

Did anyone else love the look of his face tonight when Irina said she met her contact at a hotel? Poor guy! :( I hope things do work out for him and Irina....it's not like he's loved anyone since her! :P

I know! Goooooooooo Jack! :P

How freaky would it be to find out you were talking to a dead guy? Guess it comes with the job, though....

Yes, in many ways I thought his character was both the most heroic and most tragic in the larger sense--he tried to save the most people, and the failure of the ship was something that he had to take a great deal of responsibility for (although much of the failure was not his fault, such as the decisions to remove lifeboats or race full speed through the icy waters in the dark).

Yeah, but he came off as a fairly intelligent sleaze. But for an actor, it's good to play a range of roles.

You know, most actors don't do "intelligent" very well even when they're supposed to be playing it. For example, I know a lot of people like Travolta, but he didn't seem any smarter to me in "Phenomenon" when he was smart than when he was dumb (just my opinion; my apologies to fans who disagree). My theory is that it takes a some intelligence to play intelligence (although Crowe seems to do all right, so perhaps my theory is off).

verdantheart said:
My theory is that it takes a some intelligence to play intelligence (although Crowe seems to do all right, so perhaps my theory is off).
Either that or the person is a REALLY good actor.....

mdw said:
verdantheart said:
My theory is that it takes a some intelligence to play intelligence (although Crowe seems to do all right, so perhaps my theory is off).
Either that or the person is a REALLY good actor.....
You could be right.

If there's justice! :D He's been rocking the season, as far as I'm concerned! And I thought he earned the Emmy last season.

If it goes to someone from West Wing again--! ( :o_O: ) They may be good actors, but they really don't get the material to compete. I mean, really! Intense emotional trauma vs what, oh, I can't get that bill passed? They should at least nominate someone who has some intense scenes, like that guy who played Mason on 24 (not that I think he's nearly as good, of course).
;)

(And how come best supporting actor had 6 noms last year when everything else had 5?)

Back