Weapons

i think a cool feature of a weapon would be:

for a ranged weapon....

when you are at melee with ranged, to be able to stab an enemy with your arrow, then shoot them. Remember in Lord of the Rings, the fellowship, when Legolas pulls that move on the orcs.

or

to be able to fire multiple arrows. that one might have been listed, but i want to see it implemented.

Originally posted by Kickinbama@Apr 21 2006, 08:28 PM
i think a cool feature of a weapon would be:

for a ranged weapon....

when you are at melee with ranged, to be able to stab an enemy with your arrow, then shoot them. Remember in Lord of the Rings, the fellowship, when Legolas pulls that move on the orcs.

or

to be able to fire multiple arrows. that one might have been listed, but i want to see it implemented.
Well you can fire multiple arrows. It was stated in the latest dev journal with MMORPG.com. Here's the link...

HEROSHALL.COM
So your wish has ALREADY been granted.

As for a boomerang, I think that would be awsome! Something really unique, I've never really seen a boomerang implemented well in a MMORPG.

Originally posted by Sherri@Apr 22 2006, 04:19 AM
I wonder if spellcasters will also be able to use weapons for close up fighting ??
I don't see why not. Their will be a warrior/cleric, so why not a cleric/warrior that dual wields daggers, heals himself, and has a spin attack that slices an enemy open?

I'm sure Simutronics has already covered this area :smiley:

. scythe : i'd definitely use it : have different kinds different sizes and blade shapes : but ideally a long handled heavy massive bladed grim reaper style scythe

. halberd : kind of like the scythe : preferably oversized

. OVERSIZED (super wide) zweihander : think Guts from Berserk or Siegfried from Soul Calibur or Cloud from Final Fantasy

. fist weapons : from brass knuckles to Freddy gloves

. pistols (powerful manually loaded ones...more damage than a sword of the same level but slow due to the need to manually load)...well...any kind will do really.

. scimitar

. chakram : you know you want to

. katar : think Voldo from soul calibur

. naginata : kind of like a halberd

. Medieval Spiked Battle Flail

. throwing star

. tonfa

. 3 section staff

. nunchuck

. bombs (the black round ones with the fuse that must be lit)

. poisons

That should just about cover everything.
I know you probably can't get all the weapons on my list in the game but i've listed them in order from most important to least. If you can just get some cool looking oversized scythes in the game i'll be content. Even if you don't have any of the above weapons...please include some big outrageous melee weapons that no normal mortal should be able to easily wield (yet can use quite well in the game).
I also like when weapons glow and have really bright shiny shaders and particle effects.

Originally posted by z80@Apr 28 2006, 11:58 PM
. scythe : i'd definitely use it : have different kinds different sizes and blade shapes : but ideally a long handled heavy massive bladed grim reaper style scythe

. halberd : kind of like the scythe : preferably oversized

. OVERSIZED (super wide) zweihander : think Guts from Berserk or Siegfried from Soul Calibur or Cloud from Final Fantasy

. fist weapons : from brass knuckles to Freddy gloves

. pistols (powerful manually loaded ones...more damage than a sword of the same level but slow due to the need to manually load)...well...any kind will do really.

. scimitar

. chakram : you know you want to

. katar : think Voldo from soul calibur

. naginata : kind of like a halberd

. Medieval Spiked Battle Flail

. throwing star

. tonfa

. 3 section staff

. nunchuck

. bombs (the black round ones with the fuse that must be lit)

. poisons

That should just about cover everything.
I know you probably can't get all the weapons on my list in the game but i've listed them in order from most important to least. If you can just get some cool looking oversized scythes in the game i'll be content. Even if you don't have any of the above weapons...please include some big outrageous melee weapons that no normal mortal should be able to easily wield (yet can use quite well in the game).
I also like when weapons glow and have really bright shiny shaders and particle effects.
Cool ideas, although the only way the pistol could work in a game like this is if they involve some sort of slingshot mechanism, and quite frankly, I think importing any technology over from the flintstones is a bad idea (except giant-lizard vehicles; those are always cool!) They have said they're doing poisons though. Oh, and by the way, the spiked flail you were talking about is called a Morningstar.

I agree Z80 very neat ideas. I like the morning star one. I have yet to see that in a big MMORPG. A few Asian MMORPG's have put that out, but lets just say Asian MMORPG's suck!

Originally posted by frostydf2@Apr 29 2006, 07:46 AM
I agree Z80 very neat ideas. I like the morning star one. I have yet to see that in a big MMORPG. A few Asian MMORPG's have put that out, but lets just say Asian MMORPG's suck!
I dunno, NC Soft has done some pretty good stuff. I'm actually kind of hoping that Exteel makes it stateside someday.

plaync - 즐거운 게임 포털!

I would recommend downloading the second trailer. It's freaking amazing! You can get it here:

http://www.3dgamers.com/dlselect/games/ext...ema_hd.wmv.html

That Exteel game looks pretty sweet. May not be something I'm too interestead in, but still. Try to keep it on topic :smiley:

I wanna see weapons with enchants on and special effects.

I love to swing a sword with a mightly red fiery tail trailing my slash.

I would also like for weapons to come in a variety of bright vivid colors. In real life weapons are mostly gray, silver, brown, or black. Those colors are fine but lets get those other colors in there too. I will be wearing mostly green and would love to have a matching green weapon. Someone who wears red would perhaps like a matching red weapon.

Originally posted by z80@Apr 29 2006, 09:16 PM
I would also like for weapons to come in a variety of bright vivid colors. In real life weapons are mostly gray, silver, brown, or black. Those colors are fine but lets get those other colors in there too. I will be wearing mostly green and would love to have a matching green weapon. Someone who wears red would perhaps like a matching red weapon.
To Valo, and Z80. I belive it's been stated that they will have everything you guys mentioned! You'll be able to hue your weapon, craft gems, hilts, bowstrings, staves, wood, everything into your weapon! This is your game.

Just give me a wide assortment of huge swords; like Cloud's or Auron's (the guy in my sig). I also want accurate animations to go with these, I want them to look heavy and not be swung around like some plastic toy.

Also i'd like to be able to carry the weapon different ways while walking around. Maybe I just want to have it hang at my side or back, or maybe I want it slung over my shoulder like my signature.

I'd also like different fighting stances for each weapon type. Maybe accessible by typing /twohandweapon1 or /twohandweapon2, etc. Or even better have these options at character creation so each style has more meaning to your character, and can't just be switched whenever you want in game. It's like a style he trained in his whole life, you cant just switch to a different one and expect to be good at it. This way you could have someone fight like a knight, or like a martial artist, maybe a drunken style, etc.

B)

Originally posted by deathmetal@Apr 30 2006, 05:54 AM
Also i'd like to be able to carry the weapon different ways while walking around. Maybe I just want to have it hang at my side or back, or maybe I want it slung over my shoulder
I agree carrying it different ways would lend to personalization. I would love to see this as well. Back sheath, waist sheath, thigh sheath, held low, held over shoulder, or just held out in hand.

Keeping in mind I don't have any influence over what weapons appear in HJ-

Do you REALLY want to wield a scythe? IRL it was never used on a military scale as a weapon (as far as I know?). It's a farming tool that happens to be capable of messing someone up. I'm sure it would be very effective for a psycho chasing a terrified random, but not against against a competant wielder of virtually any other steel-edged weapon that saw successful military use.

Now this IS the "fantasy" genre... combat systems don't always have to translate directly into real-world effectiveness.

But still.

Thing's just too damn unwieldly.

IMO.

Goat

Originally posted by GOAT@Apr 30 2006, 10:34 PM
Keeping in mind I don't have any influence over what weapons appear in HJ-

Do you REALLY want to wield a scythe? IRL it was never used on a military scale as a weapon (as far as I know?). It's a farming tool that happens to be capable of messing someone up. I'm sure it would be very effective for a psycho chasing a terrified random, but not against against a competant wielder of virtually any other steel-edged weapon that saw successful military use.

Now this IS the "fantasy" genre... combat systems don't always have to translate directly into real-world effectiveness.

But still.

Thing's just too damn unwieldly.

IMO.

Goat
ever play SC3? i dont remember his name (dont wanna be racial and call him "the black guy") but one of the new chars wields a scythe, and lets just say "overpowered"

Originally posted by GOAT@Apr 30 2006, 10:34 PM
Do you REALLY want to wield a scythe?
yep. choice is a good thing. i would never suggest anybody use anything they didn't want to use. so it's really just for me and the character i want as my avatar. i know youre just being helpful but remember..it's not my muscles that will be using the weapon..itll be my character..and his muscles wont tire as quickly as mine. :D

Back