Weirdest Places

i'll have to check out that park in portland next time i head up there. been in portland lots of times and ive never heard of it.

I've been to that church. It really is as creepy as it looks. Well it did anyway when I went but then again the beer coulda had something to do with that also.

I've got some pictures back home so ill have to scan them and put em up its kinda cool to look at, cause those pics only scratch the surface.

[Sarcasm]This isn't really all that funny. I came from the villiage of Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.[/Sarcasm]

Well, the trick is, there is actually a silent "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlll" before the name, along with a following silent "silio gogogoch." So yes, infact, the name of city is pronounced Lanty.

I want one of these for my room.
Sedlec-Ossuary.jpg

WatchMaker said:
Well, the trick is, there is actually a silent "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlll" before the name, along with a following silent "silio gogogoch." So yes, infact, the name of city is pronounced Lanty.

rosette.gif

All I know is the Welsh have a weird language and my gf can say the name of that damn town and it is crazy but they really do shorten it up just not sure what it is offhand.

And my gf happens to be Welsh which is how I came to the conclusion the language is weird :D

Ok I zipped it up as it is a wav file but wanted to warn the mic kind of sucks so it has some click sounds in it but that is the name of the town

Attachments

• LlanfairPG.zip
    30.2 KB · Views: 122
Evran said:
Oh my, how the heck do you get that pronunciation from those letters?

Welsh is a strange language indeed. She always says that it is pronounced how it is spelled but when I say it, of course it is wrong. But just as an example to them dd is the th sound. So that changes things up and doesn't sound like it is spelled to me.

Back