What do you think of the show

I love the show, but my mom doesn't want me to watch it...cuz everything reletes to sex. So i tape it and watch it my room sometime b4 the new show. I love how all the stories tie into one and another. But are u a fan of the show or do you wish it gets cancell. Also do you think they are pushing their limits when it comes to sex?

Melissa
:blink:

Personally I hate the show. But I certainly don't think it is pushing the limits. I think America is becoming more and more conservative, and that things nobody questioned in the past are suddenly considered extremely immoral. We had a discussion the other day about how this generation is being raised in LaLa Land, with even children's programming being constantly censored and toned-down.

I absolutely love and adore this show. The acting is great and the stories are great. Everything doesn't relate to sex, some stuff, but not all. it covers a lot of other issues too, like Zach's mental problems and young romance, Lynette's severe on edge of breakdown stuff, raising a child single-handedly, lots of different issues.

OMG!!! America is just getting ridiculous. Compared to the things shown here in England, Deperate Housewives is nothing. there is hardly any sex in it. and what there is is hardly pushing any limits. Sex and the City did a lot worse things in one episode. America has got to lighten the hell up on stuff.

I love this show ... and pushing the limits on the show, would have Susan and Mike have sex every week ... but some real things happen too ... so, thats the good thing about DHW ... ;)

i am a DHW fan and i dont think its pushing the limits. THe whole point about it which so many ppl miss is that they r not all sexually "desperate" it's about them all being "desperate" in different ways, wanting to fit in, to be loved, to be known, desperate for help (lynette) etc.

THats whats so clever about it. plus its full of everything......drama, satire, romance, etc.

I adore DH...and it is definitely not pushing the limits. I think considering what they could be talking about every episode it's relatively tame.

Of course there is going to be talk about sex...but it's not to the point that I find inappropriate. A lot of the sexual talk is realistic.

I've only seen the first episode since the show started here on Monday, but I absolutely loved it! :smiley: Can't wait for more.

As Minttu said, it just started here but the first episode was really good! Definitely one of my favorites and I'll be watching every episode! :smiley:

I've only just started watching, I'm still at season one, but I love it. I don't think the "sex" element (mentioned int he opening post) is prominent at all, I mean it's a big part of there lives but I don't feel like it's overbearing.

I love the way it's told as a narrated story. It's really fresh that way. I especially love the fact that you can't see the narrator, and the narrator is dead. It's an awesome mix and I love the show :D.

Back