What do you watch on TV

It couldn't be more apparent that you are a bleeding heart liberal, and thats all i will say. All i said was i watched FOX news and you couldn't resist throwing in some kind of blast at it or the president.

cuz a wise man once said... "arguing on internet forums is like winning a race in the special olympics, b/c even if you win, you are still retarded"

DISCLAIMER (sorry if you didn't like the analogy, don't want to hate on anyone handicapped or mentally handicapped, i know its not cool, but the analogy stands as is. )

KickinBama

Originally posted by Kickinbama@Apr 12 2006, 02:15 PM
It couldn't be more apparent that you are a bleeding heart liberal, and thats all i will say. All i said was i watched FOX news and you couldn't resist throwing in some kind of blast at it or the president.

cuz a wise man once said... "arguing on internet forums is like winning a race in the special olympics, b/c even if you win, you are still retarded"

DISCLAIMER (sorry if you didn't like the analogy, don't want to hate on anyone handicapped or mentally handicapped, i know its not cool, but the analogy stands as is. )

KickinBama
Haha. Contrary to what you belive I'm a Conservative. I live in die-hard Republican Idaho, and I'll be voting Republican in the future elections this November.

Why though? Because you live there doesn't mean you can't form your own views and opinions, and it isn't a crime to vote against your party, but it is bad if you don't know what you are voting for.

I got so mad when Bush was re-elected, I don't understand why all the poor people he is against vote for him.

I want healthcare, and I want my rights!

The way it is going, eventually we will have no rights. People need to realize what is going on, and stand up for themselves!

Know your party before you vote. I would vote republican if it meant we would all get better schools and healthcare. If I knew that they were doing things that benefited ME and YOU instead of all the rich people that get all kinds of benefits, because they are rich republicans.

I don't care what party is in office, I DO care about what they are doing, and if any of it benefits US, instead of oil companies or people with money coming out of everywhere..

We need better health regulations, we need to get rid of bad drugs like cocaine and heroin and crack and METH (which is sadly and little known probably the worst of them).. Meth could be easily rid of, they just need to get rid of EPHEDRINE AND PSEUDOEPHEDRINE. Those ingredients are not necessary in cold medicines, and honestly we would all be healthier if we didn't RELY on medicines, and use them only if absolutely necessary.

Money needs to be put into schools, more scholarships for poor kids who will never be able to afford to go otherwise, more into RELIABLE defense, instead of throwing the jobs to their friends.

Learn your candidate, and decide if what they are planning on is what is going to help the country in the long run. If not, vote for someone else.

I'm not saying change your party, but really do some research on who you are voting for! The smarter we vote, the smarter our country will be, the healthier, and the HAPPIER.

Well... I dont watch TV really. Like someone else said... Netflix has stepped up to the plate quite nicely.

As far as the politics... I dont know if I want to enter this debate. Not because I do not have an opinion. Quite the opposite really.

I try to be somewhat vocal about politics, because there is a lot people just DO NOT KNOW what is happening, because they are not TOLD, and what they are told is minimal, or not exactly truthful.

I wish it was easier to get people to look at what is going on, but they get blind views from other people, the media isn't always reliable, the only source of information I really trust is air america, although I'm prone to listen to other things.

I watch fox sometimes, (mostly because Bill O'Reilly gets me going and I like to yell and rant about his fantasy world he lives in) and I watch other news sometimes.. Quite often I listen to randi rhodes, and I have yet to pick up the book I bought my mom for christmas, Truth with jokes by Al Franken. Although I should do it now because MY STOMACH IS KILLING ME. Oh and I almost always watch the daily show and the colbert report. Steven Colbert is pretty funny with his pretend republican ways. I swear he acts so stereotypical republican, and his paranoia of bears is good too..

anyway..

So here I go.

Prepare to be informed later.

i wasn't responding to you Frosty.

___
______|__|_____
______| |_________

i build a stage for ya diviana. now you can really be heard!

:smiley:

KickinBama

well sorry, my stage didn't last long enough for you to get on it. sorry about that. i guess the weight of waking up every morning pissed off at the president and cabinet was a little too stressful for that soapbox.

KickinBama

Originally posted by Warp@Apr 13 2006, 06:18 PM
whatever is on tv is what stays on.. I Dont watch it. My attention is pretty much on my kids or on my computer...
That's kind of how I am. I don't really have a set t.v. show that I watch. I usually end up watching t.v. only when my girlfriend asks me to come over. However, their are a few shows that intrest me.

CSI - Which is completely fake, but still somehow entertaining.
That home show where they build people a house in a week, I love that show.
Some other stuff.

I'm always watching ESPN, and the Braves games which are always on TBS. So I guess I do watch quite a bit.

Originally posted by HJ-Diviana@Apr 13 2006, 10:09 AM
I try to be somewhat vocal about politics, because there is a lot people just DO NOT KNOW what is happening, because they are not TOLD, and what they are told is minimal, or not exactly truthful.
Oh I'm quite vocal on politics but I do not want to go down that road as a representitive of Hero's Journey & Simutronics in general.

I just want to make sure people know what's going on, and if they make new decisions based on that, good, and if they already knew, even better. If they choose to look the other way, that's fine too because it is in the end, their choice. Nothing is going to change if nobody says anything, and all I'm doing is trying to let people see through a different pair of eyes, but I'm not forcing anyone.

I don't think I would ever get on stage, I think the last time was in um, 3rd grade when I narrated for the school play. :P

It's not stressful to be angry about what they do, but I find it sad to see that most people don't want to glimpse the truth.

I don't think it's fair that he cheated both times to be elected, and I don't find it fair that he gets to do whatever he wants like a spoiled child.

Originally posted by Aries@Apr 13 2006, 06:28 PM
I find myself watching anything that's on. This leads me to watch alot of strange and old movies.
I really like weird movies.

After Hours is good if you can ever find it..

I tend to watch random things when I can't find anything else, but I think I exhausted On Demand last night.
I need to stop staying up all night.

wow this thread got skewed away from its original intent. but from what you see on tv daily, does it surprise you that politics has gotten ugly and frustrating. the generations before us actually got away from just talking about politics, but rather got out and did something to make their case known. Youth from Civil Rights era had marches, sit-ins, and rallies. It seems like the current generation of youth doesn't care enough to do anything constructive/progressive. "we" just argue at home in the comfort of our living rooms, or on the freakin internet. thats not being vocal. you don't change someone's views/perception in that way. the only way to get things done is by DOING. I encourage those that want to be vocal to be active with your local representatives. get out and help them in any way with whichever side of the spectrum you fall in.

however, im from alabama and apparently my IQ is only in the "90 range", so dont listen to me. we only wear overalls and strawhats with no shoes. one day soon the industrial revolution will pick up and we can stop using sticks and crude tools to farm with. we will catch up to all the yankees up north one day...... oh yeah.... and the south will rise again. <_<

KickinBama

^^

I would go out and do, but I can't get anywhere. I don't have a car and I don't have a license. (never have, and not sure if I really want one anyway)

So I rely on my mom or my boyfriend for rides, but 99% of the time I'm here at home, working on HJ, watching tv sometimes, play dr occasionally, or sleeping.

Threads will always change to something else, that's inevitable, and I was born in Iowa, (what was their iq?) so who knows. Besides it's more genetic than that.
However, I would think the major west coast meth use does make a difference (I saw a show about three days ago, use started around california but now it's completely covered the west and mid US), but it's been headed eastward for a while. Drugs are really stupid :( no easier way to ruin your brain. Well except maybe running a drill in your head. I don't know if any of you know about that, I read this thing about this woman who drilled a hole in her forehead, because there is a brain surgery you can get done that is basically the same thing, and apparently it clears your thinking or something. She lived, but still, that's just wrong.

well i didnt read any1 elses post but i want Pr0N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL let me stop i watch robot chicken, family guy, ummm.... sports center... arena football, NFL when its in season and the rest i cant think of

Back