What is your current outlook on the status and progress of Hero's Journey?

What is your current outlook on the status and progress of Hero's Journey?

• The glass is half full

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • The glass is half empty

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Half full! No, wait, half empty! No... uhh... what was the question...?

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Hey, I ordered a cheeseburger!

Votes: 9 23.1%

• Total voters
Are you still optimistic about HJ's potential? About the promises made so far? About Simutronics actually ever releasing Hero's Journey?

Honestly, I just don't know any more. I still wan't my damn cheeseburger though.

EDIT: Although.. I think it would be best for Simutronics and the HeroEngine if they put HJ into a beta at the very least. It would be like a running demo, or a example of what the Engine can do.

RE-EDIT: Then again, I have been in this situation before come to think of it. This is no doubt the calm before the storm, the deep breath before the plunge ect.

ADMIN EDIT: for spite, because I can. ;) - navarre

I dont know... feels kind of felgercarb to see a little company lika Simu, work so hard to build up a fanbase, or a community. And then suddenly be quiet for two or three month without a official word.

I´ll pass the burger tho...
Im a Vegetarian

Yeah... Well, I still hope it'll come out, and be awesome, but it seems like they've been doing their damndest to dash those hopes. I voted "Glass half empty"...

You guys are so impatient! :P

I guess we could make stuff up, but then you'd be mad when it wasn't in the game.

Don't worry, HJ is being worked on (very hard) and there will be a game.

Well, you do have a point. I mean, once you've got both the engine, and many of the core systems outlined, you just have to flesh them out, right? Well, they've been outlined, so I think most people are just worried because they haven't seen the flesh of the beast, ya know?

It's not the biggest of deals, people are just used to seeing other people promise the world, and give a globe. I mean, it does have the seven continents that were promised, and it is mostly blue... Hell, you could even stand on it if you felt like it, provided you've got enough balance.

Anyway, yeah... Well, good luck with your work. Tell the PR people that the citizens grow restless. We lust for blood! MWAHAHAHAHA! ...What? Yeah, no, I totally meant in-game. Yeah...

Seriously, though, I think the biggest problem is that the community was used to a certain amount of information being given periodically, then that just stopped. If it'd just slowed slightly, that'd be one thing, but, I mean, it just stopped. We're not trying to complain, you see, we're just anxious because the game sounds so good. Now, good day to you.

Kuzzle said:
Well, you do have a point. I mean, once you've got both the engine, and many of the core systems outlined, you just have to flesh them out, right? Well, they've been outlined, so I think most people are just worried because they haven't seen the flesh of the beast, ya know?

It's not the biggest of deals, people are just used to seeing other people promise the world, and give a globe. I mean, it does have the seven continents that were promised, and it is mostly blue... Hell, you could even stand on it if you felt like it, provided you've got enough balance.

Anyway, yeah... Well, good luck with your work. Tell the PR people that the citizens grow restless. We lust for blood! MWAHAHAHAHA! ...What? Yeah, no, I totally meant in-game. Yeah...

Seriously, though, I think the biggest problem is that the community was used to a certain amount of information being given periodically, then that just stopped. If it'd just slowed slightly, that'd be one thing, but, I mean, it just stopped. We're not trying to complain, you see, we're just anxious because the game sounds so good. Now, good day to you.

Very nicely put, Kuzzle. Love the world/globe analogy. I think the weight of the world (not the globe) is all on Stephanie Shaver's shoulders at present, including the PR portion, which is probably a back burner issue for her right now on giant plate of to-dos.

HJ-Diviana said:
You guys are so impatient! :P

I guess we could make stuff up, but then you'd be mad when it wasn't in the game.

Don't worry, HJ is being worked on (very hard) and there will be a game.

Please, give us something to dance to...

Glasses will always be half full for me. Meh. I'm used to Simu and their ways. I have faith we'll have a game eventually.

I voted half-empty. I have the feeling that HJ and whatever BioWare's working on will come out close together and then I'll be forced to make a choice. I want HJ, I want to play a real role-playing game again, but if HJ doesn't come out first then it may not garner enough interest (playerbase) to be worth the variety of servers I'm hoping to see so I can play my way.

What exactly is in the glass I couldn't make a decision without knowing that first. Beer its half full, water ehhh half empty.

The game will come out when it comes out no worries. It may take till q2 next year or q2 the year after that but I know this won't become vapor ware due to the amount of time invested and money into the game/engine. We'll see though.

I know a bit more than the rest of you, so I'll divulge information that I hope I can. Hero's Journey is still in the works, they are hiring a lot of new programmers to get the game out quicker, but it's a lengthy process until those people are trained, etc. I wouldn't expect HJ out this year, but I would expect to see it next year. The game definatly hasn't halted, and is still in the works.

As for information not being released, from what I understand it's too time consuming to give it to places like MMORPG.com and IGN.com. They request that you give them one article a week, or they don't want anything. Everything has to go through a processe at Simutronics, including the screenshots that are submitted. That is why we have had a lack of updates.

When you say "I wouldn't expect HJ out this year..." do you mean Beta or actual release? I don't think the game has been expected to drop this year since like... January. A closed beta by the end of the year, however, would be nice.

I would like to see an "alpha" of it so that we could experience the engine and the landscapes and familarize ourselves with what there is of it.

Otherwise, I agree completely with Kuzzle - I want information! Even if it is only small things. Maybe the lead dev's could start a blog or something. They have to start drumming up interest in the larger community. Those of us on this forum are their first line advertising. We would get the word out if we knew what the word was!

Back