What would you like to see in a guild?

F

frostydf2

This may belond in the Guild Topic forums, but this is a question relating to what you think should go into a guild. What features would you like to accomodate the guild system.

Some basic ones would be,
-Guild chat
-Daily messages
-etc.

What other things would you like to see? Would you like RvR battles that were heavily focused on guilds? Would you like to see some GvG taken place? What about dungeon raids? What would you like a guild to be able to accomplish, and what featuers would you like?!

<moves Frosty's thread to the guild forum>

I want to see guild chat, officer chat, alliance chat. OK, so... to make it HJ-compliant... that'd be:

/cc (clan chat)
/co (clan officer chat, elder chat?)
/gu (guild chat)
/go (guild officer chat)
/gc (great house chat)
/gh (great house officer chat)

And an MOTD for each:
clan/guild/greathouse motd
officer motd for each

An in game mail system!!

A GUI for displaying the MOTD's of each (clan/guild/greathouse) with a GUI for administration: promoting, demoting, setting player/officer notes. Allowing to set a calendar (even a small one) for events like, the next two scheduled events would be very nice. For those RP'ers, make it appear as a "guild house bulletin board" or some such. "Hey, I read on the great house bulletin that so-and-so was promoted", or whatever.

~ Jaraeth

(Moved it, as there are some good topics in the guild forums. That and, if we don't get people reading that forum in addition to the general discussion forums, then why have seperate ones? hehehe. Link left behind so it appears in both, :D )

~ Jaraeth

guild housing. I don't care if it's instanced or real. just make it happen.
guild radar. guild members automatically show up on your radar even if you are not grouped with them
no limit guild grouping. if you form a guild only group there is no limit to how many can be in it

guild bank :
A private bank that only the guild members can access.
Members can put items in and take items out.
This is useful to those who find a good item they don't need but would like a member of their guild to have that may need it.
I would make it so the person who put the item in has the final say on who gets it. It wouldn't be realistic but it would be cool, here's how it would work, you put in an item, and Joe from your guild clicks the item to take it out, you get a message popup or something saying Joe wants that shield you put in the bank, can he have it? You can then click yes or no. Then Joe either gets it or not.

Another possibility is make it so that you can put in as many items as you want but can only remove one item per 24 hours. This keeps members from cleaning out the bank overnight.

Another way is to allow the leader to apply a filter that only allows certain people to deposit or withdraw items. And even an item filter to keep people from filling the bank with useless items.

The bank should keep a week long log of who put what in and took what out so everybody can know who is doing what with the bank.

Also have a free for all bank for the noobs of the guild just for kicks (as a way to kind of test people to see if they will be greedy).

Allow a guild to have one of each vault type so that different members can have access to different ones. It would be complex sure but options in this case is a good thing. Sure this may lead to bickering but let them bicker. Banks are cool.

Wow, I forgot to respond to the questions at the bottom of your post ;)

What other things would you like to see? Would you like RvR battles that were heavily focused on guilds? Would you like to see some GvG taken place? What about dungeon raids? What would you like a guild to be able to accomplish, and what featuers would you like?!

Guild vs Guild would be ok, I feel in cases like DAoC, where there is an arena, zone or seperate place for it. That is coming from the PvE perspective. On a PvP server, I would say it'd be even cooler, minus the Zone restriction... though Arena's always seem to interest me. Even a futuristic game like AO had an Arena for PvP battles.

Should those PvP instances be heavily focused on guilds? I don't know... I want to say no, but on the other hand keeping guild statistics are cool. I like Mythic's way of handling DAoC's guilds, A LOT. I love Mythic for one main reason: All their gaming stats, are available via XML to retrieve for use with an XML aware website. Case in point (have to brag) look at: http://daoc.runs-with-scissors.com/ ... the news, the alliance list, the crafters and members rosters, the Realm Points, and Realm Ranks are all available on my guild website utilizing XML feeds from Mythic's servers. I don't have to update the stats, and neither do my members need to update their own (ie: Guild Portal). I think PvP may have it's areas... Clan vs Clan, Guild vs Guild, Great House vs Great House.

Dungeon Raids? Make them available to groups of folks, same guild, clan, greathouse or whatever.

I'd like guild's to be able to earn points in some fashion, both for PvP and PvE servers. See Dark Age of Camelot on how to do this successfully (DAoC's Gaheris server is a PvE only server, no PvP except /duel).

~ Jaraeth

was there a dev journel out there that said that there would be special clan/guild/house training grounds where you could practice battle tactics and such?

Like that idea alot and would love for more info on it :smiley:

I forgot about those! Thanks z80, for making me post more :smiley:

Guilds are my favorite things about MMO's ...

Guild Housing: a must! Where else are you going to have meetings? clans, guilds and Great Houses need them. If anything, a clan should have a house bigger than a personal house, a guild house bigger than a clan's and a great house bigger than a guild's... or allow us to buy them :smiley:

Guild Banking: Clans, guilds and great houses need them! DAoC finally added a guild bank to their game, it is most essential in my opinion! Two types though:
-- Guild Money bank: "/gc donate <amount>" option with officers/leaders being the only ones able to withdraw (DAoC also allows leaders to look up logs of who's withdrawn monies)
-- Guild Items bank: in DAoC, they're vaults placed inside the guild house...

(cont'd in next post ---- testing)

~ Jaraeth

... for some reason, the forums don't like me ... *sigh*

I think guild, clan, & great houses need "permissions"... per rank, char account or individual character. Vaults could be used for various ranks or purposes as done with DAoC as well. Guild banks for money donations, dues, etc also are a very nice and much requested feature on my end.

~ Jaraeth

I'd like to see an option for a guild tax in addition to the guild bank thing.

The guild leader will have the ability to set a guild tax where a percentage of all moneys gathered by the members would go into the guild bank. It doesn't affect the individual much at all(our guild in Eve had it hovering at about 5%), but over time can build up a considerable fund for communal purposes, like helping newcomers get started, or fund the GvG effort (buy equipment, etc), or what have you.

Guild Houses/castles/treehouses/etc.
Guild Banks
Specialized quests for guilds only
Guild vs. Guild pvp
Special event guild tournaments for all guilds to do battle
Large scale battle grounds for several guilds to just go at it at one another.
Special guild furniture
Special guild emblems

Back