What's new pussycat woah woah woah~

Oh, I know all about the UFC. The entire thing is just a scam to make money off of the stupid people that watch it, like the WWF or something. They audition these guys before even giving them a chance to compete, so that real martial artists cannot compete like this Horce Gracie guy and just freakin pwn all of these fake fighters. Instead they get these guys that think they're martial artists and the producers of the UFC just keep feeding their ego so that they can make money off of them.

And btw, it's Royce Gracie, not Horce Gracie.

They audition them so they know if they would be able to take it.

Go study karate and become a black belt. Then go study Judo (rinse and repeat a couple of times with other martial arts). Then go jump in the octagon.

Knowing where to hit doesn't matter if you're on the ground being held down by someone half your weight. Although, yes there are weight classes now, but that honestly is understandable. I'm not a huge fan of rules, but I do think a few restrictions are needed with most things. Fighting being one of them.

Anyway. Who do you guys think will win between Royce Gracie and Matt Hughes?

Sure Daax, you were 4 when the first one came out. I'm sure you know all about it. :rolleyes:

"Real" martial artists got their clocks cleaned in the oldskool UFC, that is why you don't see them anymore. They got abused. However if you prefer to watch "Style vs Style" there are other fighting companies that still have alot of that. I just watched one a couple nights ago (forgot the name of the company) on my local Comcast Sports channel and had the reining World champ in Judo against a more UFC style fighter, some Polish guy. You know, they guys who you say suck. Well, the first round was pretty much controlled by the Judo Master, he kept things on the ground, but really wasnt able to do much while he had the other guy there. 2nd round, Judo guy got crushed. Got his nose broken and then got knocked out.

As for who I think will win, I think in both of their primes it would be Gracie, but he is pushing 40 and I think that is going to show. At that age, the body does not respond as quickly to what the mind wants it to do. You see the opening, but don't react fast enough. I'd give the edge to Hughes, but if he gets sloppy for a minute, that will be all Gracie needs. I'd love to see that, I'm always up for the old guard showing the young pups how it is done.

My two cents. :P

It isn't that there is nothing a martial artist can do to someone who is trying to grab hold of them and take them to the ground. But a lot of the things you can do would injure that person severely, if not kill them. This you cannot do for a televison show. :blink:

So yes, I see black belts being rolled into pretzels. I'm not sure that is how it would go down in a no holds barred, pardon the pun, conflict. I guess that depends on the skill of the two fighters.

I would love to see anyone on here go 1vs1 in the Octagon, and survive 1 minute. No one could do it.

The big difference is comfort zone and tatics between forms. Most upright fighting styles have some defence against takedowns, but their focus is not on that. Grappling styles focus completely on taking people to the ground and submitting. The focus is waiting for a opening and "shooting" it. Basically "traditional" martial arts are taylor made to be exploited by martial arts that are designed to do most of there work on the ground. Karate, Akido, Kung Fu don't have much of a arsenal once they are on the ground, and it's the strength of the grapplers.

As for anyone having a chance, if you ran enough you could suvive a minute!!

Seriously though, I was heavily into martial arts when I was younger (Akido). Really nasty stuff, buttkicking to the extreme. ALOT of ways to kill people with Akido. But I had a real tough time against wrestlers that had some patience. Only thing that saved me at times was the fact I knew some wresting moves, but I was basically pwned when they got me on the ground.

Lol, I started out by asking about the new features announced while I was away, then it became a MMA discussion.

**********************UFC FIGHT SPOILER********************

Hughes beat Gracie btw.

Yeah, so we need a spoiler thing, because I really wanted to watch the fight to find out.

It's like my friend, she always used to tell me what was going to happen in a movie while we were watching it, right before it happened. She doesn't now, but that's because I yelled at her like 10 (million) times for it.

Back