what's the best exercise?

I'd say swimming. I'm a swimmer, and I swim for about six hours everyday (sometimes more!) so I'm in amazing physical condition. Even an hour in the pool two or three time a week would work wonders. Swimming is actually labelled as the best kind of exercise, because you use every muscle in your body, and it takes a lot of endurance.

What are you talking about people...the best exercise in the world is sex lol. Then again...didn't bother looking at anyone's ages.

Failing that though i would say swimming and football training.

just curious, i need help ppl? spread the wisdom

I do a combination of both cardio and resistence training. For cardio, I focus mainly on running. I workout 6 days a week. For cardio, I alternate between interval training and endurance training.

For interval training, i do 1 minute of intensive running, at 90% max heart rate, and 75 seconds of running at 50% heart rate. Repeat for 30 minutes. For endurance training, it's 6 miles at 7.5 miles an hour.

And then the second half of my workout alternates between upper and lower body resistance training.

I do a combination of both cardio and resistence training. For cardio, I focus mainly on running. I workout 6 days a week. For cardio, I alternate between interval training and endurance training.

For interval training, i do 1 minute of intensive running, at 90% max heart rate, and 75 seconds of running at 50% heart rate. Repeat for 30 minutes. For endurance training, it's 6 miles at 7.5 miles an hour.

And then the second half of my workout alternates between upper and lower body resistance training.

^^ Man that's hardcore... and i thought my hockey training was intense. That's dedication... mad props for keeping up that insane workout schedule :Punkrock: haha... i've always wanted to use that smily face. :P

Walking is the best exercise for me. I used to run, but my knees will now strongly (and painfully) protest after a half-mile (which is sad for an ex-cross country runner).

The elliptical is also a good, low-impact exercise, if you have access to one.

Am also a big fan of pilates - especially with a stability ball. It requires concentration - but will improve your balance as well. And it's fun! You don't feel like you're doing much, but it really tones muscles.

I like the pilates ball...fun times. And not just because it reminds me of this ball I had as a child where you sit on it and bounce around heh :P ;). But it does really tone muscles though and really if it weren't for the pilates ball I probably would've forgotten I had muscles to tone heh :P ;).

Otherwise I like the treadmill it can get extremely boring so listening to music is a good idea.

And I like walking as well.

I just prefer going to gym and working through a circuit which alternated between using lower and upper body muscles so that it doesn't overload the work on working muscles. But once my body feels worn out i'd do simple stretches like Abdominal crutches, for example.

just curious, i need help ppl? spread the wisdom
I didn't see anyone ask what you actually hope to achieve... Toning? Muscle development? Weight loss?...

fartlecks...(I hate doing them but they are great for endurance and calorie burning)...we do them for track workouts.
-1 minute at almost a sprint then 2 minutes at a jog. you would do this for 20 minutes or 2x15 minutes...after a proper warm-up
-when you are just starting out, go for about 30 seconds sprint than 2 minute jog.
(you can do this with walking, but with jogging than walking)

Probably the best advice given. In my experience, it's the quickest way to lift general fitness and cardio.

I'm more of a yoga and pilates person .. I try to hit the gym as often as possible, but it's a lot harder than I thought :x

You should do a basic search online to find ways to enhance your daily work out .. but make sure the site is legit.

I recommend findyourdetour.com .. it has actually helped a bit with my yoga :D

Back