What's your favorite HJ feature?

F

frostydf2

Not a whole lot of infomration has been released yet, but some has been. Most of that has hyped me up beyond any other game. So tell me, what is your favorite feature that Simutronics plans on incorporating into Hero's Journey?

Mine would have to be the political system with live events. I'm so sick of playing a completely static game. Where everything is exactly the same as when you left it the night before. The same people, hunting the same monsters, the same place, at the same time. I want to see a dragon attack a town, a band of skeletons attack a caravan, a bridge being rigged by Ukars!

The political system also intrigues me becuase of how in-depth it seems to be. It seems the players are finnally going to be able to decide how this game is played. We will determine the territories gained, the resources, everything!

So, whats yours?

I would have to say that that is one hard question to answer. If I HAD to choose only
ONE thing that I liked the most, it would have to be the nemesis system. I know little
is known, but I think that having a personal enemy trying to foil your missions (not sure
if that’s how it will be) would get me coming back to the game day after day.

One thing?! Thats so difficult >.<

If someone were to point a gun at my head and ask me this question though, I'd probably say the character creation system. I'm sick of running around in games and finding my doppleganger everywhere. I usually choose the oldest, the ugliest or the wierdest avatars, just in an attempt to strive for uniqueness. I want to be able to walk around, and have people recognize me without looking at the retarded floating text above my head. This looks like the first game that will truely offer something like that. CoH had an amazing amount of options, yet all the screenshots I see are just people wearing tights of varying colors and covered in various accessories. HJ, however, will have a powerful system allowing you to create your own fashions. Not only is this awesome from a style standpoint, think of the economic values. You could potentially rise to riches just by selling fashionable clothing that you yourself have truely created, rather than just creating something from a "recipe" that looks like everyone else's equipment. I think its this aspect I most look forward to - PC uniqueness.

probably the extents they are going to to make everyone able to have a unique character. Both in seperating armor appearence and armor effectiveness, and in the extensive character customization.

:eek:

Picking is too hard. I"ll have to choose something banal and trite, just because I can't narrow it down.

Hmmm.

Oh, I know! The fact that the Suwari will have animations that include ear- and tail-movements.

Hahaha, well, I tend to remember what I've read about the Suwari, since they are the selling point for getting my SO to play. ^_^

Wow, what a difference a few months makes. I think I'll revive this topic now that we have more information.

Right now my fav features are as follows:

1: Character creator and customization
2: Wyr!
3: Siege weapons and Mortars!

Originally posted by Rics@May 23 2006, 02:24 AM
Wow, what a difference a few months makes. I think I'll revive this topic now that we have more information.

What he said.

QUOTE (Rics @ May 23 2006, 02:24 AM)

What he said.

What they said.

From what I have seen so far of the posters on these forums, I am actually looking forward to playing with you all the most. We are building up a pretty good community that I would be perfectly happy to RP with (Despite our "off topic" debates, lol)

Community FTW!

Xhar

If I had to pick 1 thing, it would probably be the dynamic questlines, with a reoccuring nemesis, and quests branching off in different directions depending on how (or if) you complete them. MMO's have never, ever felt like you really do anything that effects anything at all. GW tired, but it was so static that it was like playing a very linear single person game. HJ promises so much more with this.

If I had to pick one, custom characters. Even if the rest of the game (except the graphics) blows ass I'd still stick around because I love my avatar.

There's a lot that sounds great but the first thing that comes to my mind is the possibility of everyone having a fairly unique character. Not everyone else in the game will look the same. Everyone won't be wearing the exact same type of armor at a certain level. And best of all, you can customize your skills.

Hmmm, one thing, one thing. Tough choice.

I am intrigued by the concept of quests that scale to the capabilities of the participants, but I also laud being able to use the environment to solve problems instead of pure brute force.

I am also looking forward to the Wyr system.

I guess to me, it is the game itself, with all its innovative features that I look forward to.

What I look forward to, and in any game, is community first and foremost. I want to log in and find somewhere where I can fit... make a contribution to a group, guild or just general chat. Also, somewhere where I can solo and not get ridiculed and have to hear lectures on being "anti-social" and the "social impact of grouping" ;)

~ Jaraeth

Back