When You Say Nothing At All

Title: “When You Say Nothing At All”
Author: btvaughn
Disclaimer: You know the drill. I don’t own Alias in any way shape or form. I just love Michael Vaughn
Rating: No more than pg for about three bad words
Genre: S/V angst
Summary: Syd and Vaughn’s thoughts on what they can’t have.

Takes place before Phase One, so SD-6 is still around, Francie isn’t cloned, and Syd and Vaughn ::sigh:: still aren’t together.
The lyrics are to Allison Krauss, “When You Say Nothing At All.”
The thoughts are italics, and the song words are in bold.

All right, this is my first one, after being around for so long. Be gentle, I’m kind of scared for reviews, but please give them!

It's amazing how you can speak right to my heart
Without saying a word you can light up the dark
Try as I may I could never explain
What I hear when you don't say a thing

Syd POV
Running outside in the heat of LA, Sydney Bristow sighed in despair. Regardless of what happened with her life at SD-6, she still couldn’t believe the kind of life she was living. I’m a double agent, Sydney thought. Who would have ever imagined I’d be caught in a life of pain, death, and hurt? The only thing that makes it bearable is the one thing I can’t have in life.
Continuing her run, Sydney dropped a note into the cup of the CIA agent. She typed the numbers into the phone, and walked into the CIA Control Ops Center. There in front of her were the two green eyes she’d never be able to stare into. All because of the rule filled word, protocol.

The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes sayin' you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best when you say nothing at all

Syd POV
Michael Vaughn, Sydney’s reason for living, stood directly in front her. Smiling his smile that could melt any female’s heart, he looked straight into her eyes. Don’t do this to me Vaughn, Syd thought to herself. I can’t handle only looking at you. Ignore it, ignore these building emotions in my heart. I can do this, Sydney promised herself. Walking up to Vaughn, Syd smiled and prepared to hold everything she felt inside of her, “hi.”

All day long I can hear people talking out loud
But when you hold me near, you drown out the crowd
Old Mr. Webster could never define
What's being said between your heart and mine

Vaughn POV
Michael Vaughn watched Sydney come in. Oddly enough, she was the only woman he had ever truly loved. Yet, she could never know his feelings. How can I do this? There is no possible way, I can control myself around Syd. Damn that protocol! Smiling at her, Vaughn watched Sydney walk over to his desk. He took a deep breath and spoke, “hey.”

Syd POV
If only I could tell him how much he means to me. One word, and I’m already lost to him. A simple “hey” and my heart races. Damn SD-6! Vaughn is so important me, yet I can’t tell him anything I’m feeling. How much longer do I have to restrain myself? When will Sloane be gone? His heart-warming smile, his beautiful green eyes, and his unstoppable comfort towards me, will ruin me. Vaughn, I love you so much. If only you could know.

Vaughn POV
Sydney, how can you do this to me? No woman forces me to lie awake every night, in fear for her. No woman’s life existance has ever affected me as much as you have. Your grin, when you can occasionally find the happiness, your soul-searching brown eyes that have seen so much, and the few hugs I have given you in times of need. When will it be more? Damn protocol! Sydney Bristow, I love you so much. If only you could know.

OMG i love it!!! you have to write more. Love your angst. great job keep it up :D
--Mandy :angelic:

love how you're writing it in both of their POV by the way :D
--mandy :angelic:

This is soooo cute. I love the way that you have a chorus. it is so much like a song and I like how different it is. please write more

btvaughn said:
All right, this is my first one, after being around for so long. Be gentle, I’m kind of scared for reviews, but please give them!
*narrows eyes* Although this isn't exactly mod behavior, you weren't talking about ME were you?!?!?!!?!?

On a more happy note, this was so good! I love that song, btw. It's so sweet! How come you haven't written before now?

~Me :angel2:

Alias Elle said:
btvaughn said:
All right, this is my first one, after being around for so long.  Be gentle, I’m kind of scared for reviews, but please give them!
*narrows eyes* Although this isn't exactly mod behavior, you weren't talking about ME were you?!?!?!!?!?

On a more happy note, this was so good! I love that song, btw. It's so sweet! How come you haven't written before now?

Absolutely not! To be honest....::whispers:: I was looking forward to your review the most!
And I've always thought about writing, but I was afraid I'd be copying someone else's idea. But I heard the song again recently and I thought about how perfect it would be for Syd and Vaughn. I found inspiration! Overall, I didn't want to start a fic, because I'd never have time to give it the attention it needs.

So actually to everyone else as well, thank-you so much for reviewing and the encouragement, but I wasn't really planning to go on. I might add on though (it might be really slow updates though!)

btvaughn said:
Alias Elle said:
btvaughn said:
All right, this is my first one, after being around for so long.  Be gentle, I’m kind of scared for reviews, but please give them!

Absolutely not! To be honest....::whispers:: I was looking forward to your review the most!
And I've always thought about writing, but I was afraid I'd be copying someone else's idea. But I heard the song again recently and I thought about how perfect it would be for Syd and Vaughn. I found inspiration! Overall, I didn't want to start a fic, because I'd never have time to give it the attention it needs.

So actually to everyone else as well, thank-you so much for reviewing and the encouragement, but I wasn't really planning to go on. I might add on though (it might be really slow updates though!)
Alright, then, officially--

I'm wondering why you doubted your own writing abilities. I love that you put the thoughts of both parties, although I would have liked to know a little more about what was going on. There seemed to be very little description as to their surroundings, and while it worked, I don't know, there just seemed to be all thought and not enough staring-into-each-other's-eyes type of thing. It's hard to describe.

Okay, no, this was not a you-bashing thing, in fact, it's a me-doing-the-reviewing thing. Don't take this personally, and don't give up just because I'm being nit-picky. You've got a lot of potential, and this story shows it!

This was exccelent! i love the different point of views and the thoughts. you seem to be a great writer and have lotsof potential keep writing!

I started reading this story today in computer class and I didn't get to finish it so the first thing that I did when I got home was read the rest it was adicting! Kepp it up!~

Back