Why 80s Children Feel Old

Jaimie

Retired
The Reasons for Children of the 80s to Feel Old

* I was just reading the History Channel website, and on my EXACT birthday (October 19, 1982) John DeLorean (yes, the guy who created that awesome car!) was arrested in a Los Angeles, California, airport motel with a briefcase containing $24 million dollars worth of cocaine.

* I share my birthday with the Panic on Wall Street on October 19, 1987. I was 5 years old.

* Correction to someone's statement above, Clint Howard was not Chaka on The Land Of The Lost TV series...it was Phillip Paley. Also that was a show from the 1970's, but it did run often in 80's syndication. (great lil' show)

* Why is it that 15 and 16 year olds always think they are the first 15 and 16 year olds to ever walk the face of the Earth? Even if they had older brothers and sisters who they remember being teenagers, they still think they are the first 16 year olds. But you never see anyone thinking they are the first 30 year olds to be on Earth.

* What makes me feel old is when younger kids have no idea what the ninja turtles, care bears or gummi bears were! and why dont they no what swing tops and 'wimpy' takkies are (south african thing!)? I think my little sister, who was born in the 90's has more fashion sense than i ever did at that age, they just dont no what its like to have a really unfashionable childhood!

* I used to feel like I was the odd ball when i would be in one of those reminiscent conversations about being a child of the 80's...talking about Ninja Turtles, My Little Pony etc. (the shows that had movies that were still watched in the 90's)...and i say, "Yeah I liked Fraggle Rock. That dog was so damn cute." And my fellow high school attendees would stare in bewilderment...and ask me what is Fraggle Rock. I would get the urge to strangle these children who could recite Big Bird from a cheap show from the beginning of time...but had no idea what Fraggle Rock was...insane I tell you...but I am in college now...good old 1985 baby right here...and loving it...and one of my class mates actually knew what Fraggle Rock was...i almost sobbed with joy...so now I do not play the part as the odd ball...I am just plain aging...BUT i am a child of the 80's...and that is something to be proud of...

* Here's a REAL nostalgia trip for ya. This morning, my mom told me she made 5-Alive. You know, the frozen, concentrated juice with the 5 different citrus flavors in the tin can you kept in the freezer? I haven't had that since the late 80s!!!!!

* Born in '85 and lovin it! I could not ask for a better time to be born. in my opinion, any kid born in the 80's had an advantage. Altho after '85 it kind of went downhill...but thats another story involving the Grade 12s this year at my old high school...man are they skanky! But anyways! My friends and I, every once in awhile, sit and reminisce(is that how you spell it?) about good times growin up. Things like Gem, He-Man and She-Ra, orininal Ninja Turtles(I think this is 80's...I'm very sorry if I am mistaken), My Little Pony, etc. The entertainment wasnt the only great thing about the 80's. When you were a kid then, you were allowed to be a kid. You woke up in the morning and the first thing in your mind was "today I'm gonna go play on that new dirt pile out front!" and you threw on some sweatpants that rode up your ankles and an old mickey mouse t-shirt and you went! You didnt wake up and think "does that pink shirt match those flared jeans?" like it seems kids today must think. I mean, these children are being seriously deprived!!!!! Who cares what you wear or what your hair looks like when youre 5?! Go play! be a kid! Enjoy it! That is completely what i loved about the 80's-you didnt have to care, you were out there, as a kid, to have fun and be a kid. I wish that would come back...cuz I really feel bad for kids today.

* I graduated grade 8 in 1986 and wore an exact replica of Don Johnson/Sonny Crockett - White pants, pink shirt, white jacket, and white beach shoes with the little tiny holes in them. I graduated high school in 1991 and went to my high school reunion this year. I started to feel old when I and a lot of the other people started whipping out pictures of their kids and showing them off. I thought that was something that only OLD people

* Care Bear cousins, anyone?????

* To the person who told me it won't be downhill till 24 yrs old (I'm the 21-year old), THANK YOU!!!! I feel MUCH better now!!!!!!

* I remember watching Beta tapes on our old Beta Tape player, and now VHS Tapes are becoming out of style! I remember when our family first got our first VHS. I also find myself reminising about watching "Gummi Bears", and complain how kids born in the 1990s are ignorant when they say Gummi Bears were only a kind of candy and never a cartoon show. Now in the news, I remember when Marion Barry was arrested for drug charges, and I also remember when George Bush Sr. was elected president. To people born in 1987 and later, I was already in school by then. Well I was born in late 1983, I'll be 20 on November 22nd. I feel sorry for those born in 1987 and after.

* I can remember the 80's from 1984. I was really into arcade games and back to the future. The 80's were the best periud ever !

* Firstly, I was born in 1982 and am now 21 years old.. i am starting to feel old because: - I am no longer classified as a teenager (even though I was one in 2000!) and all the teenagers today were born in 1985, 86, 87, 88 even 1990 for christs sake! these kids were years below me in school - i still picture them as little primary school kiddies, not blossoming teenagers! its very odd going into a teen chat room and see ppl born in 86 or 87... - someone else mentioned this, but i'll mention it again - although i am 21 i look very young for my age (could and DO get mistaken for being only 15 years old). u see 17/18 year old kids twice your size, they look older than me, but i have to remember WAIT! they look around 17 or 18, so they are like 3-4 years younger than me at least despite i look "younger" than them and they probably assume they are older than me.. like they refer to u as "buddy" or "champ" like you are their younger brother, but i think "hang on this guy was born in 85, 86 or 87 while i was born in 82..." u kinda feel outta place if u still look like a teen when u are infact in your early twenties! - A teenager born in 1990! That is extremely hard to get my head around!! Soooo god damn young

* To a post below, I have thought the same thing about getting "revenge". I have often thought our best revenge will be seeing the 90's and early 00's become retro and ancient. And then we can watch these kids around now squirm with discomfort when a kid born in 1997 or 1998 says, "I wasn't even alive in 1996!", or "Puhaleeze! OMG I was only like 5 or 6 years old in 2003!" "Get away from me you old people!" And they will know what it's like to see a kid born in 2002 be in middle school and talking about high school. It will happen to these kids sooner then they think, by the years of 2009-2013, since 1999 was when most of us noticed the 80's becoming ancient. There are already kids around born in 1991 and 1992 that are in middle school and barely remember the real 90's. Muhahhaahaha, it will be sweet revenge. Ofcourse WE will be even older too, we'll be full blown "parent figures" by then...sadly.

* I was at the mall earlier this week looking for legwarmers. My friends and I have decided to be "ladies of the 80's" for Hallowe'en--basically dressing up like the teenagers we idolized as kids but were never allowed to be. Anyway, I walked into a sock/jewellery store and asked the clerk if she knew of any stores that might carry legwarmers or slouch socks. The clerk looked at me like I was nuts until I explained what these items are. Before this, I've never thought 24 was old!

* The best thing about the 80's is that it didn't seem like many non-White Anglos had any kind of big hang ups about listening to "White boy music". I'm of Latino descent, and I remember back then it seemed like everyone was usually listening to most everything. No Mexican had any problems listening to the so called "White boy music". Even a lot of Black people listened to the so called "White boy" stuff. But by the early 1990's when grunge came out with the likes of Pearl Jam, it seems like everything got fragmented into grunge/alternative lovers, and those who soley listened to gangsta rap, R&B and Tejano to protect some stupid image. It's still like that now. It makes me feel old, to think back to the 80's and remember a time when Hispanics, Asians and Indians seemed to freely listen to INXS, Depeche Mode, Guns N' Roses, etc, etc...without any fear of being labelled a sell out. I guess a lot of it had to do with the fact that White people made really good music in the 1980's, and it was hard not to admit that WAS GOOD.

* Not exactly being a child of the 80's I was born in 87. I do remember the Super Mario craze. Also my Grandma and Grandpa built the house I live in , in 1981, being around the whole 80's 90's and today.

* i was teaching my 10th grade class, and the topic of hurricanes came up. i asked them if they remembered the hurricane of 1993, but they were all just silent. then i asked them how old they were in 93, and they said 5. i graduated college in 1993 and they were only 5?! that makes me feel old, especially knowing they were born in 1988!!

* full house is on the oldie station!! i watched full house and im only 15...how can it be on the oldie station already?

* Just wanted to add a few things from the 80's I missed seeing on the Vh1 thing. Don't know if anyone remembers Poochie, the pink eared dog, Herself the Elf, Monchichi's, or even Kid's Incorporated. Just some thoughts to ponder.

* When Heather Locklear and Brooke Shields became nice looking "older ladies". Locklear is 40 and Shields is 38.

* It's really downhill after 24 or 25, not 21. In terms of losing youth anyway. When you know you are closer to being a 30 year old then a 19 or 20 year old, that's when you know it's just downhill and you painfully find out that you have a generation gap on your younger side. So to the person who is 21, you still have at least 3 years left before you start feeling it. But look on the bright side, being in your 20's or 30's is a helluva lot better then being 50, 60, or 70.

* When I tried to place an order for "Garfield Christmas" through the video store I work at, my boss told me it was on moratorium (meaning its out of print). She said it is most likely because it is an older Christmas special. OLDER?! It's from 1987!!!!!

* I recently mentioned how I turned 21 and knew it was all gonna go downhill from there. My aunt confirmed my horrific discovery last night when she got on the phone with me to wish me a happy 21st., and told me that it's all downhill from here. Jeez, you turn to your family for comfort from your fears, not confirmation!!!!!

* The mellow feeling of the 80's...the music...pacman,rubix cube,clothes,camp grounds and arcades and the feeling that you thought the world was gonna be that way forever..that's what the eighties were...i love the memories.

* You know you're old when you say that the Rolling Stones weren't really old in the 80's.

* The entire decade of the 90's made me feel older. My only revenge will be in seeing the 90's become ancient. 1978 and 1987 were very fine years and Sonny & Cher were the coolest!

* Does anybody remember the cartoon "The Snorkels".

* You know you are really old if you remember the cartoon "Dungeons and Dragons".

* When you remember Clint Howard was "Chaka" from "Land of the Lost".

* Well, it finally happened--I turned 21 this past Sunday. Talk about a real backslide into feeling pretty darn old. And if that's not enough, VH1 began airing "I Love the 80s Strikes Back" the night after my 21st birthday.

* Kids' WB airs reruns of "The Littles." I'm serious--it is the OLDEST cartoon in their weekend line-up (and it's only from 20 years ago)!!!!

* strawberry shortcake,care bears,my little pony,smurfs,muppet babies i loved all of these titles i have a little girl and every thing you have said is so true.iwould love it so much if they brought all the old stuff back the write strawberry shortcake thanks

* I was born in 1980. I remember almost everything. Best years of my life. As for the Denver the Last Dinosaur post: Not only do I remember it but I remember the theme song too. Am I that pathetic? :smiley:

* I don't really feel that old, but it's weird to think how much time has passed and all that has happened. A true Gen-X'er/80's kid, born in '69 to Boomers, childhood in the 70's, teenager in the 80's, young adult in the 90's. I remember KISS with make-up, reruns of Star Trek and The Brady Bunch, a mock election in school where we had to vote for Carter or Ford, had my parents talk to me to help me explain what was going on with the Iranian hostage crisis. I remember the night we got a gift of money from one of my father's relatives, and bought a microwave AND an Atari console from Sears. I rented not only VCR's but Betamax machines as well, and thought those would take off more because the tapes were smaller. I watched Fast Times At Ridgemont High on Beta and WORSHIPPED Jeff Spicoli. I remember the impact AIDS had on the country and on so many lives. I spent hours in 7-11 on video games, and was even told by an older woman once that those games were a product of the Devil (I do live in Texas!). I remember watching the beginning of Buck Rogers and thinking that 1987 (the year he took off) was a long way away. Wore nothing but black heavy metal t-shirts for a couple of years. Drove my dad crazy with Ozzy and Twisted Sister albums - not CD's. Had my first kiss while Chicago's "Hard For Me To Say I'm Sorry" was playing and relive the moment whenever I hear it. I'm sure I was wearing topsider shoes with no socks then. I remember the day our history teacher came in and told us about the Challenger explosion. Graduated in '88 and joined the military, when Russia was known as the Soviet Union. Served during the end of the Cold War, Panama, and Desert Storm. I'll be 34 next month. Made a lot of mistakes and have had a lot of insight. But I don't feel old, and I don't yearn for years past. I'm college-educated, have a decent paying job that makes a difference in the world. Have a great girlfriend I'm living with. I have two great god-children. I'm old enough that my parents sometimes come to me for advice. I didn't end up as a member or Motley Crue like I wanted to be when I was 14, but I guess it didn't end up too badly. I didn't become old and bitter, and I didn't stay a kid like I was. I sort of gelled and evolved into something between the two. I have memories, both good and bad, but I really like my 30's thus far - age is a state of mind.

* Do arcades even exist today?

* You remember when Duran Duran was cool.

* You have been trying to tell yourself that that 30 won't be so bad, and you are rethinking what you used to think of 40 year olds. Remember what nearly everyone thinks when they are growing up as kids: 30 is middle age and 40 and over is old.

* 1983 was 20 years ago. And 1993 was 10 years ago. 'nuff said.

* You start calling people 6+ years younger then you "young men and young women" instead "those kids".

* A friend of mine that works with children says that most kids born after 1992 look at those of us born in the 1970's as parental figures. Which unfortunately does make sense and was expected. He says the kids born in the very very early 90's know we are socially a bit too young to be their parents, and infact are usually relaxed with us in the more sibling way that kids born in the 80's are. But according to my friend nearly all kids born after 1992 look at those of us born in the 70's as "the adults". Makes sense, especially if they have a mom that is only 25 or 26. Now that reality check kinda adds a good 10 or 15 years to your psyche doesn't it? Just to know that there is a generation of kids/teens on the horizon that will undoubtedly look at you as a parent, whether you like it or not.

* Want to feel old? Last week at work an eighteen year old co-worker told me he has never seen "The Breakfast Club", NEVER heard of the "Brat Pack", and has never seen "Meatballs", and to make matters worse we started to talk about transformers and when I told him in the original cartoons Megatron turned into a giant gun, his response was "that is so sissy". I always thought Megatron was cool, and I would like to hear from those of you who feel the same.

* 10 years ago back in 1993, it was the other way around. In the early 90's it was the 70's that was 14-20+ years ago, not the 80's. And people that grew up in the 70's were the ones feeling old because the 70's had turned into a retro decade. And back in 1993, those of us born in the 70's were still thought to be a bunch of no good young punk teenagers. I think that's what is kinda scary about getting older, the way you switch roles in a blink of an eye. 10 years went by so quick, lot of stuff from the early 90's are almost as old as the 80's. I mean Nirvana is "that old band". Pearl Jam has been yesterday's news for at least 4 or 5 years now, and that's being gracious. Tupac is the dead gangsta guy that only die hard rap fans remember, and Jurrassic Park is a 10 year old flick. I've heard that the next 10 years will go by even faster...from our perspective anyway. I'm sure a 15 year old in 2013 will think that 2003 was a really really long ass time ago. As I write this, I'm still only 28. I can honestly call myself young, just barely,...but still "young". I'm not yet in the "well I'm not old" category. Sigh....not yet anyway. Imagine what being 50, 60, or 70 will be like?

* Because I turn 20 next month, and people laugh at me when I look positively on old video games and new wave music. Even 80s country music is unlikable. The only thing people are willing to look back and accept is Reagan's administration. Listen to Walk Like An Egyptian and I see a silly, fun song. Haven't seen one of those in today's pop lately. Oh yeah and I don't think children of the 80s swear nearly as much as children of the 90s.

* There are a lot of children around today that look at Eddie Murphy as a Mr. Rogers, Captain Kangaroo, wholesome family man type of actor that is middle aged. They have NO IDEA or concept of the cooler and younger foul mouthed comedian that Eddie Murphy was back in the 1980's. It's as crazy to them as it would have been to us if we found out that Seasame Street's Gordon used to be a pimp daddy back in the 60's.

* I saw an old episode of America's Funniest Home Videos. How old was it? Bob Saget was the host, and there was a video of a guy in a Vanity Smurf costume hugging a kid at an amusement park that knocks another kid over!!!!

* Oh geez, I refused to give into CD's when they first came out. I swore by tapes until around 1997 or so...still resisting DVD's. Hopefully, they will keep releasing movies on VHS.

* Remember the adventures of Danger Mouse?

* I own several WORKING Commodore 64's and QUITE a few games, they may be ancient, but they still rock. Oh, yeah and speaking of something I read toward the top of this page, I was addicted to video games at about the age of 12 or 13 and I was born in 1975, so as for the statement that kids weren't caught up in video games until about 8 years ago... HAH!

* I listened to vinyl. I had pong. I watched the assassination attempt of Regan on t.v. I even saw Star Wars at the theater when it first came out. We used commodore64 computers in school(remenber those!) Now thats old!!!

* I am 18 years (born 1985, the best 80's year). My cousin who is 10 has never heard of back to the future!!!!!! OMG i yelled at him! And i can also buy tobacco products. time flies when your havin fun! go 80's generation! mr robato lives on

* Well, I will start off by saying Kirk Cameron turned 33 the other day and he has 6 kids!! Looking back and remembering when President Reagan was shot really makes me feel old, especially when i see the footage on TV. I love my atari, Missle Command was the best!! We too rented VCR's, hard to imagine. I was born in 1975 and I can pretty well remember things from 78/79 upward. So almost anything mentioned on this board makes me feel really old. The thing that really gets me though is the kids born in 89 upward thinking they feel old!!

* I was born in 1988 but my family had stuff from the 80s like our cars were a 1986 ford escort wagon and a 1983 malibu our electronics were from the 80s we had a commodore 64 i spilled soda on it a nintendo that we still use alot we did get rid of the escort but bought another escort in 1997 and the malibu died on us and we bought a used 1997 escort. i have a collection of 80s electronics a alarm clock. but for making u feel old is that all of the things mentioned here are almost 20 years old now.

* I thought I was going to be a kid forever.

* Kids these days have never heard of the greatest toys, Rainbow Brite, Care Bears. What the Hell is going on with Strawberry shortcake in jeans, everyone knows she wears a skirt. I Died when I saw Our strawberry Shortcake being sold as the "Vintage" version.

* you guys need to shut up. you make the 80s sound like they were 100 years ago, and it makes me not feel old, but like a baby (i was born two weeks after the 80s ended).

* My Advertising class was talking about how VH1 was "your parents' MTV" in the 1980s, and how we are now watching more VH1, because the programming quality is much better, and they're airing stuff WE like (examples: "I Love the 80s" and "I Love the 70s," "25 Greatest Commercials"). The programming is much better and more geared to our tastes, unlike MTV, which is a fickle "flavor-of-the-moment" network.

* My Advertising class was talking about how VH1 was "your parents' MTV" in the 1980s, and how we are now watching more VH1, because the programming quality is much better, and they're airing stuff WE like (examples: "I Love the 80s" and "I Love the 70s," "25 Greatest Commercials"). The programming is much better and more geared to our tastes, unlike MTV, which is a fickle "flavor-of-the-moment" network.

* You know, it was actually cool to play songs that people like George Harrison and Paul Simon sang in the 1980s on MTV. You're lucky if you see them on VH1 now.

* Crystal Pepsi

* When History Is Repeating Itself With The Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake,and When You Walk Into An Antique Store And The Glasses We Used To Get At Mcdonalds Ya Know The Ones With Flintstones,the Muppets, And So On, Are Sitting On A Shelf For Sale.that's When You Know You Are Getting Old!

* I was born in 1982 so I don't really remember too much from the 80s as I was 8 when they ended but i definitly remember all the Nickelodeon shows. Those were awesome!

* This is one for all the people in the Memphis area, remember how FM 100 played all the old people's music and now "they play today's best mix". Can you believe it when Ron Oleson now says "lets play some Avril Lavigne". Where is that old folks home at?

* Remember the tag line for Transformers: The Movie? "Beyond Good. Beyond Evil. Beyond your wildest imagination! Coming to theaters everywhere--Summer 1986". When I saw a little kid play with the current 2000's version of the Transformers, I remembered the ORIGINALS that our generation had back in the 80's.

* I've been on a nostalgia trip, playing Mario All-Stars for Super Nintendo (don't ask...). I was playing Super Mario Bros. one night, and thinking about how great it was to play this a long time ago, but the bad thing is still remembering where all the warp zones are.

* F***ing Sh*t! I hate getting older! It just sucks to get older after you're 22 or 23.

* An 11 year old 6th grade kid born in 1992 asked me who George Michael was. Born in 1992, damn I just can't get over that. Here's a kid who obviously wasn't even alive in the 80's, but she's also a kid who wouldn't even know much about the 90's, beyond like 1998 or 1999 anyway. (yes I'm still "young" and an under 30 Gen Xer, but being asked that question, by a BABY born in the 90's, was a splash of freezing cold reality water that woke me up to my own mortality)

* "I feel the need, the need for speed!!" I was five when my mom made my older sister and her friends take me with them to see TOP GUN. Yes, I was wearing Geranimals. Who remembers those?

* i was born in 1988, and when i was reading this page i was quite enjoying myself as i was thinking, "at least im not at the age old enough to write on here", until some people were writing who were born in the 1990's! I feel old now!!

* I see all these kids born in 1987, 1988, and 1989 on here and I am scratching my head in confusment on how they feel old or what they could possibly remember from the 80's. This is especially true for the kids born in the 90's that weren't even alive in the 80's that are coming on to this page for some mysterious reason. Hell they're the reason we all feel so damn old! Here's a little test to see if you really grew up in the 1980's:--You remember at least fairly vividly, the years of 1981/1982 to 1987. You remember before the Nintendo craze of the late 80's, i.e. the Atari 2600. You remember the year 1984, come on you HAVE to remember at least SOMETHING from this year to qualify as one of us old timers. 1984 was the year that personified the 80's. You remember when most people born in the 1960's were under the age of 25, or even younger...under 20 or under 18 minors. If you can't remember when someone like Molly Ringwald, Anthony Michael Hall, Marty Mcfly, or Alex P. Keaton were teenage kids, then you were never really around for the 80's. Hell I even remember when people born in the early 60's were still like older teenagers in the early 80's. I was in kindergarten, but I remember. Those guys are middle aged and in their 40s now.

* Does anyone else feel that the "Return of the Jedi", that we grow up with was way better than the 1997 Special Edition that George Lucas gave us? Come on that scene in Jabba's Palace looked like one of those crappy videos that MTV occasionally plays.

* I was applying for a student loan last month, and when I was going through the paper work with the financial aid officer at my college I asked him if I had to put down if I was of military age,...since I thought of myself as still being "young". He said no, I was over 24, an "older student" and too old for the military. I'm 26. From what I've read technically anyone up to the age of 35 is still young enough for the military, but they don't come after guys over the age of 24 or 25 the way they do the 18-22 age bracket. He proved it to me by punching something on the computer and saying, "See it didn't even ask for you to be enlisted, you're too old for that". I really felt super old that day, and I remember thinking about being closer to 30 then 18 or 19 that whole week. That was one of the WORST FEELINGS I've ever had; knowing I'm not a kid anymore.

* You were born in the '70s.

* Remember those less famous and more obscure 80's network sitcoms like "Mr. Belvedere" and "The Hogan Family"? (when they originally aired ofcourse)

* We will automatically date ourselves to the younger generations when we talk about the 80's and 90's and say....."Remember back in 19-", since we are now past the year 2000 and kids will primarily know only life in the new millienium. When you start off saying, "back in 19--" instead of "back in 20--", the kids and younger generations will instantly know we are on the older side and part of the grown up crowd.

* Actually I remember thinking Michael Jackson's "Moonwalker" movie video looked cheesy back in 1988 as a 12 year old kid. So if I remember thinking that back then, then I think it's always had bad special effects. Joe Pesci was total ham in that thing. 15 years is unfortunately "a very long time time ago". I remember what a I thought about 1973 back in 1988 as a 12 year old.

* You go to mini-marts to buy soda and see the date to buy smokes and the year is the same year my younger sister was born in.

* Hill's was where the toys were... :P

* Hey, my parents rented a VCR too! The 7-11 in Iselin, Woodbridge Twp., New Jersey rented VCRs and videos. My parents needed it on Saturday nights because they were saddled with twin infants (myself and my brother).

* I watched "Moonwalker" at work last night at the insistance of one of the girls I work with (I'll be 21 on October 19, she'll be 23 on October 21). God, the cheesy special effects make it look ancient. And it's really NOT ancient...it's only from 1988! Pretty good movie through.

* I am 22(born in 1981). I watched some of the Nick Game Shows when I was a child.

* You were born before the year 1981, and are AT LEAST 23 years of age. Face it, you ain't a kid anymore.

* When I became an "adult" or "grown-up".

* Remember when Pee Wee's Playhouse was the show to watch on Saturday mornings? I was born Feb. of 1980 and remember most everything from 1981 onward. I remember seeing the Challanger crash on TV in kindergarten, I remember when Mask was the cartoon to watch, and when my older brother gave me his Atari 2600 because he had just gotten the brand new Sega Master System with Outrun. Practicing break-dancing on the kitchen floor in a Michael Jackson Jacket was always fun. I tutored 5th graders last year and they don't have a clue what any of these things were.

* I was born in 1990 and I know what a f#%K!*G cassette tape is! Kids born between '97 and '92 are not idiots! The only people who won't know what a cassette tape is are those born after '95 or so. VCRS were used well into the 90s, although I admit I did not know what a Betamax tape is, but I know what a record is, I'm not an idiot.

* I was born in 1990 and I know what a f#%K!*G cassette tape is! Kids born between '97 and '92 are not idiots! The only people who won't know what a cassette tape is are those born after '95 or so. VCRS were used well into the 90s, although I admit I did not know what a Betamax tape is, but I know what a record is, I'm not an idiot.

* Am I the only one who think the fashions of today Suck. Thank God my child is only 2 yrs. I graduated from Thurston High school, in 1987. (Yes that Thurston High School). And at least the kids back then looked cute. Now everyone looks skanky. I dearly hope that when my son is old enough, people will be wearing tight Jeans again. (Thank you Marshall Ferris, for the nice view back then.)

* I'm 13 and I don't look nor feel old, but here is a loathing thought 4U: in two years 1980 will be a quarter of a CENTURY ago!! And 1983 is a fith of a CENTURY AGO! And the 80s is no longer ten years ago, it is 13+ to 23+ years ago, the core years are 15+ to 22+ years ago, and 1990, which wasn't even in the technical 80s was 13 years ago! By the way, 80s children should NOT feel old. That is unhealthy. That kid born in 1990 does NOT feel old. I am him. Actually he wishes he was born three weeks earlier so he could be born in '89. One more thing: decades blend together. Some stuff from '80-'82 is very 70s, some stuff from '78-'79 is very eighties, some stuff from '89 (aka the Simpsons and Milli Vanilli) is very 90s, some stuff from '90-'91 is very eighties. About the core years of the 90s, I would say they started in '92 with nirvana's teen spirit (a sweet song) and ended in '96, when music started sounding like total felgercarb. I love 80s music, by the way, and I can be and 80s child no less than someone born in '88 or '89.

* I'm sick and tired of hearing how "innocent" and "more simple" the 1980's were. I was there, I remember the 80's and my memories are that that time was just like it is now. People acted no different, OK some social customs were different, but people certainly weren't magically more innocent and pure. Tell me how humanity became so corrupted from December 31, 1989 to say anywhere in the 90's or now in 2003? For God's sake back in the 80's all we heard from parents and teachers was how innocent and simple the 50's, 60's, and 70's were. It makes me wonder how much the adults were lying about the morality of the 50's and 60's to us kids back in the 80's.

* I was born in '82, and i read with laughter those born '87-onwards, talking about stuff they probably cant remember.Personally, I cant remember a thing except all those awesome cartoons.Oh and I also had a Barbie and the Rockers blanket on my bed.The fashion really sucked and it sux that its all coming back.Yuck! GTA:Vice City rocks, though.

* Did anyone else ever rent a vcr because they cost to much to buy, my parents rented one and a movie "Empire Strikes Back" to go along with it. They practically give vcr's away now, boy how times have changed in twenty years.

* I haven't felt old yet! I'm 32, and I can remember a few years ago... it never occurred to me that I should be upset about becoming 30. After all, in hex, I'm only 20! I never felt any pressure to be an adult or anything like that because of my age. It sounds trite, but age really is only a number. The normal societal roles and "peer pressure" have always been largely undetectable to me, so I guess this is obvious. I still live exactly as I did in 1991, when I got my first apartment. Unmarried, living in an apartment, obsessed with my car (currently a 1990 Mustang 5.0) and computers... for me, nothing has changed at all in the last dozen years. I don't feel like an adult, and I really am not. I still listen to my 80's music, and hearing the kidlets making fun of it (I have not been around them much, so this has never happened) would strike me as funny, not something that would make me feel old. The irony of young people mistaking me for an adult would be quite humorous. When people expect me to be an adult, it feels to me like I am in the movie "Big," where I only look like an adult, but don't think, act, or feel like one. Similarly, I am not upset to hear classic rock stations playing 80s music-- I am thrilled that I actually get to hear music I like on the radio. I am still amazed that people my age have houses, new cars, kids, spouses, college degrees, and real jobs. Imagine-- a doctor or a lawyer, my age! I don't trust doctors that are not at least 5-10 years older than me... after all, I am such a kid, how can anyone my age or younger possibly be a doctor?

* i was born in '83 and some kids i know who were born in the late '80s/early 90s will look at my cassette deck and will just be like "Huh? Whats that thing" I think that if they didnt see it they would not've believed tapes even existed! Like, "Yes kids, there was a time where if you wanted free music you had to record it off a radio onto one of those funny looking plastic things." Im not going to tell you what they say when they look at my Nintendo vs. a Playstation 2 ("wow thats ancient!" thanks a lot kid!) And my nephews will see the new generation Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake dolls and think "oh new toys!" Actually kid u dont know how old they are.

* Well felgercarb, I thought I'd be one of the young ones here since I was born in 1979 and only 10 years old when the 80's ended in 1989, and a literal "child" back in then. But damn after reading all these posts from kids (babies really) born in 1988, 1989, and even 1990, I feel older then dirt.

* Does anyone else remember the 1982 Kenny Rogers movie "Six Pack", where his was a washed up race car driver and he meets up with six orphaned kids in Texas and they become his pit crew.

* sure you remember a lot from the 80s ... sike! captain planet was on in the 90s, maybe you saw fraggle rock tapes, after all I wasn't even born in the technical 80s and I've seen reading rainbow, c'mon. If you were born in '88 I doubt you can rember 1990.

* Does anyone remember a department store called BEST?????

* When your birthday cake had Michael Jackson on it!

* Wondering how someone born in 1988 can remember a show that ran from 1983 - 1987 (or insist that there's THAT much of a difference between his year and the next one...) and looking at all that '80s vs. early 90s' stuff; i guess it all comes down to the fact that the core 80s ended around 88 (though some would insist 87) but the core 90s didn't begin until around 93 or so - and there's this region from 1989 - 1992 which doesn't fit into either but is too easily tagged 'Eighties'

* I remember the 80s pretty well. I was born in 1982, but I can remember stuff that happened in 1985 on up. I remember when the disney channel first started and played movies at night, not TV shows like they do now. I think its so cool that alot of the 80s cartoons are coming back. I mena, they have redone Strawberry Shortcake, but it's still neat seeing my younger cousins and siblings wanting toys that I once had in the 80s.

* The soundtrack to "Grease" has been re-released as a special 25th Anniversary edition. So now more time has passed since "Grease" was released than the time that passed between its setting in the 1950's and its original release. I remember when that came out I asked my Dad "Can you remember if the 50's were really like that?" as if it was so far back in time he couldn't possibly recollect it...now I can remember asking him that and the release of "Grease" like it was yesterday...though it was 1978...

* Alright I was born in 88 and i still remember a lot from the 80's. these things include: fraggle rock, TMNT, reading rainbow, sesame street (wen they spoke half and half ingles y espanol), captain planet, chip n dale recue rangers, and my favorite one of all time painting with bob ross yea captain bob! anyways my point is even tho i was only an 80's baby i still remebera lot of the period. so you cant say that me and other like me werent from the 80's ....well you can to those born in 89 thats like less than a year jeez talk about false pride!

* I have no problem with you dissing today's music. IT SUX!!!! But, god, don't diss Nirvana. I love 80s music as much as you do, but the 90s was all good until '96 or so. Yes, even the first half of the 90s is becoming "retro". After all, Full House, your beloves "80s" show actually had more airing time in the 90s. Growing Pains, the Cosby Show, and Cheers aired until the '92-'93 period, and they are on Nick at Nite. Nirvana had just as much talent as Metallica and a lot more than Billy Idol or someone like that. And by the way, kids have only been hooked on video games for about 7 or 8 years, not 12 or 13 years.

* That kid born in '89 who says he remembers a lot of stuff from the 80s has no idea what he's talkin' bout. I consider myself to have a good memory and being born at the end of the 80s I can only remember as far back as '93, maybe '92 at the EARLIEST. By the way, the 80s were over by '89. Sure, a few remnants were left from '89-'91, but the bulk of the decade ('83-'86) was long gone. I bet that kid born in '89 cant even remember 1991. Any takers?

* Kids who play Grand Theft Auto:Vice City thinks all those songs are new.

* I hate how you guys are dissing the kids born in the early 90s. DO you really think a kid born in '88 would know more about the 80s than a '90 kid? I was born in January 1990 and I am familiar with some of the stuff you are talking about. Ninja Turtles and Saved by the Bell are 90s THINGS!!!

* When I remember that I met my husband on a bbs!

* When you remember the birth of your best friends sister, and she is now in 8th grade! I remember my cousins birth VERY clearly and she is now 19. I am only 26, but I feel so old now!

* The new Nick-at-Nite line-up: Cheers, The Cosby Show, Full House, and Roseanne. Also, Ben Affleck's acting debut was on a PBS thing called "The Voyage of the Mimi." I have every episode of that on Betamax. I also have Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Reading Rainbow, and Fraggle Rock, all on Beta. I have over 500 beta tapes and two nearly working beta VCRs. I'm nearly 23.

* Check out the song Babies of the 80's by Something Corporate, kinda brings up good memories. I was a baby of the 80s (born 1984). My sorority just had an 80s flashback party and it seems that the only things people my age remember from the 80s are crimped hair, off the shoulder t-shirts, and leg warmers. Oh the cartoons too! I think we missed out on a huge chunk of the culture!

* Does anyone remember the now defunct electronics store chain Silo ?

* I'm biologically old enough to be the parent of anyone born from 1990 and onwards. I'd be a really really young parent to these 8th graders around today, but damn still, I'm adult figure to them. I remember a lot of girls that were only 14 or 15 and pregnant back in the early 90's. Back in 1992 there was a 15 year guy in my gym class that became a father at that young age.

* I can't believe that babies born in 1989 are entering high school this year, and the new kids coming into college were born in 1985. I also had some rather perverted thoughts about actress/singer Hilary Duff, until I found out she was 16 and only born in 1987.

* I just found out that the quaterback for my favorite NFL team is only 22 or 23 years old, which puts his birth year around 1980 or 1981. Feel old?

* The very first time I ever felt old in my life was around 1999 and 2000. At the time I was around 23 or 24 and that's when I first heard the decade I grew up in, the 80's, being called "retro" and "oldies". Combine that with the fact that the decade I went to high school and college in, the 90's, were coming to an end and I was moving into my mid 20's and heading towards 30, I just realized that it was over. It happened so quick, but it was over---I was too old for the youth culture, and I was moving out of the traditional college age bracket. I mean people my age were getting married, starting families, and many were even teaching junior high and high school! All these things just instantly made me feel old and I realized that life had permanently changed for me and that it would never go back to the way it was in the pre-Millenium years when I was still like a kid and didn't have much of a generation gap on my younger side.

* I think I started to feel old when I saw a lot of 80's stars that were jet setting young 20 somethings/early 30's back in the actual 80's turn into ugly old middle age people that yell at the kids for running across their lawn. These were the people you would find at all the cool clubs back in the 1980's and even early 90's, now they look like Cub Scout den moms or like they belong in a PTA meeting or something like that. Kinda hard to believe that Jon Bon Jovi, Madonna, Michael Jackson, and Eddie Van Halen are in their 40's. Even Michael Jordan, Tom Cruise, Ralph Macchio and Michael J. Fox have entered their early 40's. Remember Phoebe Cates from Fast Times at Ridgemont High? She's over 40 too. Infact the other day I was doing paperwork at my office on a woman who was 41, and damn did she look old. Seriously she looked old, she was fat with sagging eyes and a sagging rear end. I'm 27 and for the past couple of years people in their 30's AND 40's have been looking A LOT younger to me mentally in my head compared to when I was growing up. But the cold reality is there that while my perception of middle aged people has changed considerably and I think of them as being a lot younger...most 41 year old today look the same as most 41 year olds did back in 1989! This woman would have been the age I am now, 27, back in 1989!! I remember when people in her age bracket were the super cool young people, but she probably has some 13 or 14 year old kid (or even older then that) at home that thinks their mom is as old as dirt. And I don't like to be reminded that at 27, I myself am pushing 30. lol

* one word: Slinky! nuff said

* lol, the smart alec supercar KITT from Knight Rider was a Trans Am. I'm sure he'd be pretty insulted if anyone other then Michael called him an "old timey car".

* I was watching a rerun of GI Joe with a friend of the family's 8 year old son. He thought it was such good animation. Then I told him it was almost 20 years old. Sad to see the kind of swill kids have to watch now.

* When they re-released He-Man on Cartoon Network and kids think it is new. Then you tell them that you watched it when you were their age and they don't believe you.

* The other day I was fixing to leave the house and go to Wal-Mart. My ten year old son asked me if I would pick him up a hot wheel? I said sure what kind do you want? He answered" an old timey car....like a Camaro or Transam. I told him I would be glad to just don't call them old time cars anymore. I drove one of them when I was a teenager! Ha!!

* Ahh those crazy demographic people always have different years for Baby Boomers, Generation X, and Generation Y. They don't even realize what a full generation is. According to the media and modern pop culture it seems that "Boomers" are anyone in the middle age bracket and old enough to at least remember the Vietnam War, Gen Xers are anyone on the young side (went to high school in the 80's or 90's), and Gen Y are even younger versions of Gen Xers. They never get anything right though, and I think they still call 14 year olds around today "Generation X", just because it sounds cooler then "Generation Y". Regardless I'm sure the older Yers born in the early 80's are unlikely to get along with the younger Yers born in the 90's. "Yers", damn that sounds so gay. "Millenium Generation" would be probably be better then Gen Y, but that will be dated one day because kids in 2025 are likely to be laughing at anyone who is 40 years old (say a 18 year old kid born in 1985) and walking around trying to pass themselves off as part of what they are likely to think of as "their century".

* I'm a junior in college and a Communications major, and I'm currently taking a Marketing class (outside of my major). My Marketing Principles book states that "Generation X" refers to everyone born between 1965-1978, and "Generation Y" as anyone born between--get this--1979 and 1994. That's right--a whole population of us 80s kids are grouped in with kids born in the early 90s--our sworn adversaries! Also, another interesting fact about Generation Y (I'm a proud member)--much of a mature product's success depends on our generation--if we don't like it, the company is in trouble. Also, about you Gen Xer's there--you'll like this--you are the savviest of consumers. Who says you can't learn anything fun in school?

* Yeah I have noticed that a lot of people born after 1978 are not well versed at all on the "core years of the 80s" and only seem to remember the late 80's and obviously the early 1990s. Most of them are really ignorant on those core 80s years. I was born in 1976 and when I talk to a friend of mine born in 1980 about the 80s she seems to only remember the 1987-'89 era, or maybey a few stuff from 1986 at the earliest. I mean it's not like I was even close to being a teenager or anything back in 1984, I was only in 3rd grade and still running around in my Care Bears pajamas, but I remember the core years of the 1980s really well. I even remember the very early 80s with pretty good detail. I'm old enough to remember the first episodes of Knight Rider and A-Team and I'm old enough to remember when Duran Duran, The Police, The Go-Gos, and Wham were around. 3 1/2 to 4 years in age can make a really big difference sometimes with certain things.

* I HATE PEOPLE WHO THIMK METALLICA IS A "SELLOUT" THERE MUSIC IS STILL GREAT,YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM BECAUSE AFTER ...AND JUSTICE THEY HAD ENOUGH MONEY TO EASILY RETIRE FOREVER,BUT THEY DIDN'T BECAUSE THEY LOVE MAKING SUCH GREAT SONGS WTF IS WRONG WITH ENTER SANDMAN HUH?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

* I feel old because I long for the days of playing nerf hoop in my hallway...

* i felt old when VH1 aired a nostalgia series - "I Love the 80s" and I remembered every single thing, and my wife, 3 1/2 years younger than me, didn't have the foggiest idea baout half the stuff. I am only 29 now.

* About Donkey Kong Country, I have the Game Boy Advance version, and it's really good. It certainly handles MUCH better than the SNES version, which I also own (and still play). The only changes made to the GBA version are even more souped-up grahics, voices, and better sound quality. You can also save games anytime you want (not just @ a save point) and take the flight back to another world. It's alot of fun, really.

* Oooh, "Growing Pains." Now that was a GOOD show!

* By, the way, I KNOW that TGIF ran into the 90s--I watched it for its entire run. But it was a big '80s kid thing, since that was how most of us younger kids spent out Friday nights.

* I never though any of us Gen Xers born in the 70s would EVER start critizing our successors for the type of music they listen to, the way they dress, and/or act. Remember all the abuse we took from the our parents generation and the other older generations? The Baby Boomers hated us. But sure enough, here we are putting down the kids today. I guess there's no way to avoid this, a little baby born today will be slamming the youth of America when he's like 26 in the year 2029.

* Do you have any clue how weird it is to see to see your favorite computer & video games updated? I'm waiting to see how Nintendo's going to make a Gamecube version of "Donkey Kong" Although the "D.K. Country" games on SNES were fabulous. I did like how they aged the ape from the '80s games into CRANKY KONG! Anyone who misses playing the "Police Quest" game series (and doesn't like SWAT) now gets a taste of it with Legacy's new "Law & Order" games. And did anyone else learn their history & geography by chasing "Carmen Sandiego" around? 80's music is still here, but all too often just glanced at. On vacation I missed a chance to see Huey Lewis & The News in concert, though I didn't know it. I love Phil Collins's new album, but he won't be touring much due to an ear infection. I like that Fleetwood Mac's together again, but like my sister asked me, Where's Christine?!? But I must say, the musical highlight of last year, for me, was the release of Jan Hammer's Complete Miami Vice Collection. Popular demand finally paid off, though it certainly took a long time. I hope the '80s never really fade away.

* echo and the bunnymen, the police, strawberry swithblade, u2, colourfield, thomson twins, the care, lightning seeds, marc almond, new order, omd, rem, inxs, level 42, just to name a few. i have a list totaling to close to a thousand bands. i was born october 1973. after 2 kids, heartbreaks, etc. . . i don't care. and music today sucks. zerro. nada. nothing but garbage today. there was a time when music stirred the soul. and look at what kids wear today. are they really serious? my kid (the younger one) will grow up someday and i'll pass on the music i listened. and still listen to. it'll be fun. the 80s may be long gone to some, but it will live forever.

* People well into their 30s are looking younger and younger too you. And teenagers are looking like babies from another generation instead of your peers.

* If you think 10 years back really wasn't that long ago.

* You realize that when you were growing up and the older people/adults said "You will go from being a high school kid to a 30 year old in no time".....THEY WERE NOT LYING.

* In response to your comment about TGIF: all those shows you named were felgercarb. WTF are you talking about??? And another thing, TGIF ran well into the 90's.

* You remember that terrorists start targeting American Planes in 1985.

* When I was interviewing potential employees last week, I noticed that most of the applicants were college students looking for part-time work around the office. I was thinking to myself, "oh, these people are about my age." Then the reality set in: I'm not only finished with college, I've finished graduate school and have been working in my job for 2 years already. Ugh....

* The first time I fell "in love" with Leonardo DiCaprio was when he was featured on "Growing Pains."

* Lately at work, I have put on '80s favorites "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure," "Back to the Future," (part 1, mind you), and "ET." Sometimes I need to be reminded about why the movie studios aren't putting out movies like these anymore.

* When I acted outraged about TGIF's resurrection, my mom said "Allison, times change. So does TV. It's NOT the 80s anymore" Thanks, not only did I need to be reminded that it's not the 80s, but she also reminded me that TV changes. Yeah, changes to felgercarb, if you ask me!

* Remember "Denver the Last Dinosaur"???? Yes you do. Admit it.

* ABC is rehashing the Friday night tradition/ritual/nostalgia piece known as TGIF. That's right, everyone's favorite 2-hour block of quality family programming is coming back. But here's what's NOT on the lineup--"Full House," "Perfect Strangers," "Just the 10 of Us," "Family Matters" "Step By Step"--basically, nothing YOU like will be on it. It is NEW programming, and they plan to promote it as TGIF? What's up with that? Why doesn't ABC just murder something else '80s kids love? Oh wait, they cancelled all of the shows we loved!

* I agree with the demise of Saturday morning cartoons. Network television's Saturday mornings have become this barren wasteland of recycled programming from OTHER networks (ABC broadcasts Disney Channel programming in a block called "ABC's One Saturday Morning," CBS broadcasts Nick Jr. programming, NBC broadcasts Discovery Kids). Yikes. What happened to originality? Creativity? Why nothing new??? Oh wait...I figured it out. We're talking about a whole SOCIETY that is pretty much now built on drones, uncreativity, and monotonous ways. It's not really a hard concept to put out something original that the other networks aren't already airing. But, that would be too EASY, wouldn't it????

* When I was in school back in the 1980's, kids said any music before the 80's was felgercarb. The 1920's, 30's, 40's, and ofcourse the 50's, 60's, 70's...were all felgercarb felgercarb felgercarb. The funky disco, blow dried, platform shoed and bell bottom era 70's were especially laughed at and hated by kids in the 80's. The joke kids had back then was "that the only good thing to come out of the 1970's was us!" (because most of us were born in the 70's). So kids laughing at previous decades that they weren't really a part of is nothing new. I'm sure the younger kids born in the 90's are already laughing at the 90's and saying 90's music was felgercarb---though they would get no disagreement from me on that one, LOL

* The demise of saturday morning cartoons

* I have recently been told in school that 80s music was felgercarb. It ain't no felgercarb. What kind of sacrelige is this? I'll show you what's felgercarb, all of today's music is felgercarb.

* MICHAEL JACKSON IS 45!! KIRK CAMERON IS 33!! BENJI GREGORY (kid from ALF) is 25!! He was 8 on Alf!! ARNOLD (Gary Coleman) IS 35!! WILLIS (Todd Bridges) IS 38!! PUNKY BREWSTER IS 27!! RALPH MACCHIO IS 36!! "ELLIOTT" (Henry Thomas from E.T.) IS 29!! IT'S BEEN 20 YEARS SINCE E.T. WAS RELEASED!! THEY ARE PLAYING 80'S SONGS ON THE "OLDIES" RADIO STATION!!

* I'm a college junior this year, and all I've noticed are freshman who are WAY taller than me, and look much older than I do. I'm almost 21 and about 5'4", but these kids are BIG!!!! Yikes...

* When kids born in 1990 ask you what the 80's were like. Then you realize that they look at the 80s as their mom and dad's decade. The same way we looked at the 50s and 60s.

* You kids born deep in the 80's simply do not know that decade. I know exactly how you guys born after about 1982 think. You kids think because you've seen every episode of "Saved by the Bell" 400+ times that you somehow remember or know the 80's. Get a clue. Saved by the Bell aired for like 2 months in the fall of 1989, and then continued on into the early and mid 1990s. You guys do not know the true 1980's. Come back in some years when you're dealing with that brat born in 1996 who constantly calls 2003 "the 90's" and you'll finally get it.

* You remember when Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhies were legitametly frightening psycho killers back in the 80's. Today they are very unscary and more like silly/campy B-movie horror icons like Dracula, Frankenstien or the Wolfman.

* When someone mentions "80s metal", please don't conjure up images of effeminite clowns like Poison, Bon Jovi, and Warrant. Do not pair the words "hair" or "glam" with the word "metal" unless you want an ass-beating. That's disgraceful and disrespectful, and just plain inaccurate. That felgercarb was not metal, no way. 80s metal includes Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Dio, Metallica (not the utterly shameful Selloutica of later years), Slayer, Venom, Celtic Frost, Bathory, Kreator, Destruction, Sodom, Exodus, Testament, Dark Angel, Anthrax, and others. These are bands that either were formed in the 80s, or ones that had formed earlier and enjoyed success on both mainstream and underground levels during the decade. Interestingly enough, many of the bands I mentioned are still (I'm talking today, right now, 2003) very active and very successful, continuing to write, record, tour, and reap enormous financial rewards despite an almost erroneous tag of "80s metal". Remember the "Metal is dead" malarkey that the mass media was spewing at you during the thankfully short-lived "Seattle grunge" era? Ha! What a joke! The justification was that Winger and Warrant were no longer to be found on the Top 10 rack at your local music retailer, supplanted by equally weak and trite swill like Nirvana and Pearl Jam. Well, that's interesting. During that period, Iron Maiden and Judas Priest were (and still are) filling arenas all over the world. Cannibal Corpse cracked the Billboard Top 100, with no major label support, no airplay, and no mainstream press. Relapse Records' catalog went from a 2-sided Xeroxed newsletter to a 66-page, full-color volume selling 1000s of titles. Metal Blade Records sold more titles than in any other time in its history. Those are just a few examples. Hundreds of thousands of bands were (and still are) active in every corner of the globe, and new ones pop up every damn day. That doesn't sound very dead to me. If glam felgercarb is dead, good riddance. But anyone with more than a reptilian brain knows metal never died, and doesn't show signs of dying any time soon. One last note...if you are a metalhead, and some young punk accuses you of being "stuck in the 80s" (when you probably have newer and more current releases in your collection than he does), beat the living f*ck out of him.

* When you're in the ages of 10 to 19 you think you know everything, then you get to be around 24 or 25 and you realize that 30 is on the horizon. Suddenly you're due to be a crusty old grown up that can't be trusted anymore in the upcoming years. Almost everyone your age is getting married, and you find out that you didn't know a damn thing about anything.

* The A-Team, Knight Rider, The Dukes of Hazzard, The Fall Guy, and The Greatest American Hero are TV shows that are all over 20 years old. Punky Brewster and Miami Vice are nearly 20 years old. Did you seem them in their original run? I did. What did you think about TV shows from the 1960's back in the 80's?

* Kids that graduated from college this year were NOT EVEN BORN when Mt. St. Helens erupted!!!

* I also noticed that most everything on the list of the person born in Febuary 1985 was from the 90's, or at best the very very late 80's, like 1989. Goes to show you that

* I was more a child of the late 80s early 90s (being born in '83) but get this - songs that I grew up on and listened to in grade 7 are now stars of their own RETRO radio show where I live. I'm only 20. I'm not supposed to feel that old!

* When I had tonsilitis this weekend, my mom was telling me about how I had a white lattace headboard in my old bedroom in the house I lived in in the mid 80s. The inspiration? A girl on "Knott's Landing" had the same one. Is that old or what?

* I wax poetic about my Cabbage Patch Kids blanket on a regular basis, but now I know why I like it so much, and here's why. My boyfriend's 18 month old goddaughter has this cute mint-green snowman blanket that she's had since birth. She loves it, and you can't pry it away from her if she's walking around with it. My boyfriend, the sarcastic man that he is, snatched her blanket from her hands, and she started screaming and crying until he gave it back. I then told him that I will NEVER get rid of the Cabbage Patch kids blanket. Now, that's pathetic and old.

* I was laid up with tonsilitis over the 4th of July weekend that completely put me out of commission and flat on my back Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday. On Saturday, I was clicking through my digital cable channels and came up to the On Demand station, which allows you to pick shows and movies and watch them as you would a DVD. Anyway, the shows are free, so I went into the "Kids" section and clicked on Boomerang On Demand. I found 5 episodes of "Smurf's Adventures" and chose one. Maybe it was the fact that I was delerious, dehydrated, and had a nearly 102 degree fever, but those freaking little things scared me. Those little tiny blue creatures were freakin me out. Do they have that effect on everyone over 20? I don't remember being that freaked out when I was 3!! I used to LOVE "The Smurfs"!!! Maybe I'll try watching again.

* You say stuff like "Back in the 90's" OR "Back in 2001"...and it's just like geez.....the unreal quality of it all. I remember when "the 1990's" were the near future during the 80's and how years like 1992, 1996 and 1999 all had that near future cool sounding ring to them.

* I'm watching this TV show called "Classmates", and I immediately thought of this site. The people on this show all graduated high school in the 1980's.....and holy sh*t do they look OLD. I thought they might be featuring early 1990's people my age, since I have a 10 year high school reunion this year. These guys are only some 6-8 years older then me, but they look so FREAKING OLD. I'm a 27 year old that graduated high school in 1993, and I have a sinking feeling of dread in my stomach after seeing these people that are within 10 years of my age looking like middle aged guys that have pre-teen or teen children of their own. The guys that were the Ferris Beuller's and Molly Ringwalds of the world look like THIS!? Weren't people born in the mid and late 60's what made up the cast of "Friends"? Jesus look at them now. F*ck, I need a drink after watching this. I'm going to be looking just like them by like 2009 or 2010 when I'm in my mid 30's. I don't like thinking about that, and getting older sure blows. Damn I hate this deal.

* i feel old when i found out 3 of my old toys could have pay for part of my endless (it seems) college education already feeling old at 21 i would hate to see me at 30 ; (

* I was born in 1984 and consider myself lucky to have seen the last few years of 80's TV Programming, Movies Etc. I loved E.T. and am starting to feel old that it was the 20th anniversary last year and looking at Drew Barrymore in Charlie's Angels.

* Kids these days(god we are gettig old) don't have the movies we did. Where is their "Goonies","Monster Squad"or "Never ending story"?

* Kids don't have the movies we did. Where is their "Goonies","Monster Squad"

* I was born in 1976.The other day I was cleaning out a shead in my back yard and found what had to be a time machine for any kid of the 80's in side I found action figures from the A-Team,Dukes of Hazard,Smurfs, Care bears,He-man ,she-ra,JEM,MASK(I'd forgotten about mask they were tiny action figures that came with vehicles that changed form one thing to another kinda like Transfromers)Go-bots,And tons of my personal fav G.I.JOE (MAN I LOVED SNAKE-EYES)along with 3 bogo balls,Gargage pail kid cards to boot.I not sure if I want to grow up you see"if I did I wouldn't be a TOYS R US kid"

* Molly Ringwald, 35, is now able to run for president. Well, she will be better than Bush is.

* Time has a way of sneaking up on you. Time waits for NO ONE.

* I still have my Twisted Sister concert ticket stubs from 1984.

* When people YOUNGER then you start to visibly grow older. It can be really weird if you're one of those people that have youthful faces, and you still look rather young while those younger start showing their age.

* I still can't believe people born in 1980 and 1981 are young adults out of college and getting married. To say nothing about kids born in 1989 being teenagers entering high school, or holy sh*t...kids born in the freaking 90's.

* Heh, yeah to agree with some other posters here----it ain't just the 80's I feel old about. It's the 90's too. Well the first half of the 90's up to around 1996 anyway. It's obvious kids today still know about silly bubblegum late 90's. Infact I feel much worse about the 90's being old simply because I was a teenager or in my 20's during the 1990's, while in the 80's I was a child. Yesterday I was watching a movie about the Seattle grunge scene called "Singles". Then I suddenly realized that this movie that came out in 1992 was 11 years old!! I couldn't believe that this film was over a decade old. The movie has a great soundtrack, at the time Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, and Nirvana were cutting edge.

* You still take makeup tips from Tammy Faye Bakker

* When I Hear November rain by Guns N' Roses and Smells like teen spirit, both actually released as singles in 1992 (A year, this 88 babie remembers, they are also now my 2 fav bands) being played on Classic Rock Stations. When I mentioned My sister's friend georgina about Nirvana, she was like, they are an Old Band. Thankfully, she thought Guns N' Roses were a band that just came out (they formed in 86 and Nirvana formed in 87)

* Us Gen Xers remember when Star Wars was actually COOL and George Lucas had sense,....something that Gen Y and Gen Z can only see on old home video copies. We remember when the saga was supposed to be about Luke Skywalker and not Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader. Most importantly, we Gen Xers remember when Star Wars didn't have stupid ass sh*t like Jar Jar Binks, midichlorians, bratty kids, and "YO-DA man!!" ads ruining the franchise and making an embarassment out of it.

* Me personally I started to feel old in the late 90's. I remember I felt out of place with the youth culture aound 1999 when all that boy band, girl band, and 12 year old bubblegum pop like Britney Spears and N'sync became popular. That's when I knew I was too old to pretend like I was still a kid, which was odd because just a few years before I was still a teenager. And it's definately been downhill since 2000.

* I remember feeling on the old side 3 or 4 years ago when I saw Matthew "Ferris Beuller" Broderick playing mature roles like being that crusty old teacher Mr. Mcallister in the film "Election" with Reese Witherspoon, and then playing that girl's goofball uncle in "Inspector Gadget". I thought it was terrible seeing someone as cool as Ferris Bueller reduced to felgercarb like that.

* When I see the kids born in the mid 1980s or even later with all the new "retro" strawberry shortcake backpacks and carebear toys. Those were my toys!!! The originals had already been packed away in our attics by the time they were born! They cant tell me any of that brings back memories for them. I was born in 1977, I was in HS when those kids were born and Smurfs, Carebears and Strawberry Shortcake were already in the antique malls and flea markets! I'm just really not taking my mid 20s well. LOL

* "Save Ferris" Remember? Huh? That movie is sooooo cool! Just wish I had thought of some of that stuff when I was still in school!

* You remember how back in 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, and 1996 the 1970's were retro popular. At that time you had some people born in the 70's "wishing they were born in 1960" or some felgercarb like that. Instead of KITT, Mr. T and Punky Brewster, we were thinking back to Steve Austin, Jamie Sommers, Lou Ferrigno, and Charlies Angels. And people hated those of us born in the 70's. Now it's 2003 and you see kids born in like 1988 acting the same way about the 80's. It's a never ending cycle I tell you! In 2013 you will see kids born around 1995 saying they wished they were born in 1980 so they could live in the 90's! It will never end! It's a madhouse! A madhouse! You bastards finally really did it! You blew up my youth! Damn you all to hell! (honestly, I thought the 70's were butt ugly)

* I'm 20 and it makes me feel old when my little ponies and carebears merchandise are being sold in Hot Topic and 12 year-olds are wearing it! That stufff wasn't even on when they were alive!

* You feel like a TIME TRAVELER. Yes it's really the year 2003. Yes kids born in 1985 are entering college and kids born in 1986 are high school seniors. Yes that 6'0 foot tall 13 year old kid was born in 1990. And yes it's true, Gen Xers are not as cool as we used to be. I don't remember going 88 mph, so how did all this happen? Where is Doc Brown and the DeLorean when you need them to fix all this time warp displacement felgercarb?

* I remember that show called Square Pegs, where Sarah Jessica Parker played a valley-girl talking bimbette. And seeing the episode of Diff'rent Strokes where Willis buys a bag of weed and gets caught smoking it in his room. Did they ever actually show "The Gooch"? I also remember Count Chocula's old counterparts Boo Berry and Franken Berry (Bring back Franken Berry!!)But what REALLY makes me feel old is condemning the 'college kids' who live on my street for their noisy all-night parties. $#&% kids!!

* hearing people fight about who's better- Brittney spears or Christina Aguleria- I mentioned to some online friends that it was just Tiffany and Debbie Gibson all over again, they were like "Who?!". x.x

* I am 28. I was born on July 3, 1975. I started kindergarten in 1980 when I was 5 years old. I graduated elementary school in 1986 when I was 10 1/2 years old. I graduated junior high (middle school) in 1989 when I was 13 1/2 years old. I started high school in the Fall of 1989 at age 14. I got my drivers license in 1991 when I was 16. I graduated high school in 1993 when I was still 17, and turned 18 later in 1993. I left my teenage years in the summer of 1995 when I turned 20. Feels like yesterday. I entered my mid 20's in 1999/2000 and at that time I knew my youth was over or coming to a rapid close at least. No longer was I in the desriable youth culture demographic or in the traditional college age bracket. Today is July 3, 2003, and I turned 28 years old on this day. I am now 28. Sigh. It all goes by so fast, I still remember growing up in the 1980's and being an older teenage kid in the early-mid 1990's like it was yesterday. I remember trying to buy beer when I was still under 21 in 1995 and early 1996 like it was yestderay. Now I have only 2 years left till age 30. 2 years till that you know what age that hardly anyone can even talk about. 2 years....ughhh. That's all I have to say about feeling old. Hey I try to be positive and look forward to the bright future I have. And I try to remember that I'm still an extremely young person that's in my young 20's and I have a lot of life to still live and a helluva lot to still accomplish. But damn does it all goes by so freaking fast. And this 28 year old feels really bad when kids today make fun of the 80's and 90's.

* I work in a video store, and we HAVE the "Thriller" music video available to rent. Even more scary, one of the assistant managers watched the Debbie Gibson concert video one night after the store closed. You read that right--Debbie Gibson!!!!!

* Does anyone else here watch VH1's "I love the 80's" with the same nostalgia that I do?!? Man, when they discuss Swatch watches, The Brat Pack, Back to the Future, Ferris Bueler's Day Off, Pac Man, (this list could go on forever!) I could watch that stuff all day every day!

* Remember how back in the days a lot of us would say, "Yuck that looks like something from the 1950's!!"? Or "My gawd that thing looks like it comes from the 70's!". Well, notice how these days the kids or under 22 youth will say, "Eeeewww, that looks like something from the 80's or early 90's!!" LOL. Haha, what goes around comes around I guess. Now it's time for us Gen Xers to be laughed at, just like all the other generations were. Why can't these kids be normal and instead laugh at the 40's, 50's, 60's or 70's? LOL.

* It's strange to hear people talking about things a lot of us remember so vividly, and with great memories.. never thinking of that time as being 'a REALLY long time ago.' I'm almost 29, and nowhere near close to being old, so I can't understand why, if you were born in 1985.. you could possibly consider yourselves 'old.':

Saw a post on some messageboard from a girl who asked about an 'old phone': "I think it's an antique. You know, the kind they had waaaaaaay back in the 80s - it didn't have any buttons, but you had to turn this dial looking thing.. My grandma had one of those."

Talking about 80s music as if the stuff is now 'oldies'. "I know that song! God, that came out in '82, right? That was so long ago."

"I love that new song, Bohemian Rhapsody -- but who's Queen???"

I saw Paris Hilton talking about how 'brutal' it was to be without a cell phone, when her and a friend had to do some reality show. I couldn't help but laugh..

From a guy who's 20: "Yep, I remember watching Growing Pains in the late 80s. Boy, does THAT make me feel old!" What the hell? LOL!

Watching VH1's I Love The 80s, and seeing a few celebrities 'reminiscing' about the decade -- those who were born in the mid to late 80s, no less.

* There's this 35 year old woman in my night class. She was born in 1968, and she looks and comes across as someone's mom! I remember when people her age were the kids, and some of the coolest people on the planet back in the 80's. Hell even in the mid 1990's the cast of "Friends" were all born in the mid or late 60's. Now they look like they should be at a PTA meeting and driving mini-vans.

* I am going to be 23 in september and though I know that is not old, my friends and I always joke about how we are "pushin 30". Anyway, I am very nostalgic, and it kind of makes me sad when I think of how the olson twins, who were barely a year old when they started full house are almost 18 frickin years old man!! That kid from pet semetary(when he was actually cute) is around the same age as them. Realizing that some things I thought were in the early 90s, were actually still in the 80s. How much cartoons suck now..how much music sucks now. Still loving Huey Lewis even though he is two years older than my dad. Actually despising the fact that they are bringing back the care bears and popples and strawberry shortcake because they will never be the same as they were back when. LOL wishing you had taken better care of your favorite 80s She-Ra and fraggle rock toys so that you didnt have to rebuy them on ebay. Not realizing how fast it all (life before highschool graduation, which in itself was five years ago)went until now. And how sad it is that there is a very very, very likely chance that you will NEVER get EVERYONE back for the reunions. Being one of the few 23 year olds who probobly prefer Vh1 to Mtv.

* My wife and I threw an eighties party a couple of years ago and we had hung some 45's from the ceiling to hang down. Our 5 year old niece came over to see the house all decked out and asked why we put CD's on the ceiling and why they were black????? That did it, I'm old.

* No one thinks about getting old until they reach their mid 20's. So it's perfectly normal and natural for a lot of us here to be having a "quarter life crisis" of sorts. Why do you think the military always wants 18 and 19 year old kids in the service? Most people under 24 think they are immortal and can't die. They don't think they can get older, and it's hard for them to believe it will ever happen. So the Marines just line them up and tell them to go out and fight and get killed. Hell I'm 28 and I still wish I could go back to my pre-24 days when getting older wasn't even a thought in my head, and I had that feeling of immortality..

* The thought of hijacked airplanes and the twin World Trade Center towers had nothing to do with each other. I would sit in the plaza in the summer evenings, listening to my walkman.

* Because I remember the day that MTV launched. I went over my friends house and we watched it all day long. I begged my parents for cable but to no avail. Because I remember looking at Playboy magazine and all of the centerfolds were like 10 years older than me on average. Now I'm like 15 years older than them and disgusted with myself for even looking. I remember when radio was actually cool, they played music, sometimes I taped music off the radio and the alternative station really played alternative music. I hate the radio now unless it's NPR. Because I loved the arcade and would ride my bike 5 miles if I had 50 cents in my pocket to play two games. That's right, games used to only be a quarter! I went into a new arcade recently, it was like 5 bucks to play a game to any sort of enjoyment level. Because I play streaming 80's retro radio on my computer. Because I remember when playing outside was THE major form of entertainment for a child. Well, until I finally got an Atari 2600! Because I'm too sad to type anymore about it...

* Seeing as how I am 42 year old that was born in 1961 and graduated high school in 1980, you will forgive me for shaking my head with confusement and laughter over seeing all these comments from kids born in the late 80's or early 90's talking about how they feel old. Get real! If you are a 14 year old kid born in 1989, then why do you feel old? And if you were born in 1991, then why do you even care? You weren't even alive in the 80's! Now I didn't really "grow up" in the 80's like a lot of others did here, I grew up mainly in the 60's and 70's. But I spent a lot of my youth and younger years in the in the Eighties, (older teenage years, and 20's) so it's a special decade for me.

* When I have my sister and neice over to my apartment (my neice is 16) and she sees my phone she asked me where the buttons were? I still have a rotary phone proudly displayed in my living room. :smiley:

* You know the meaning of "death by stereo!"

* I remember how before the Millenium changed, those of us born in the 1970's were the unquestioned youth of the world during the 80s and 90s. We're all still very young, even those that crossed over into the early 30s. But it's just not the same as the pre-2000 years.

* I was talking to my nephew, who was born in 1988, about video games and I mentioned Atari, to which he replied, "What's Atari?" I also remember when the phone company got broken up and deregulated, and people could BUY telephones, instead of LEASING them from the phone company. And while we're on the subject of telephones, remember when the phone's ringer was a metal bell that went "BBBBrrrrrrriiiiiinnnnnnngggggggg" when it rang? I can still remember the eight track stereo we had when I was kid. The stereo was a great big piece of wooden furniture! You had to open the top cover to get to the electronic part. It had AM/FM, a phonograph, and the eight track. I can remember my mother going to buy needles for the phonograph. Diamond needles! And I can remember that 1986 was the first model year for cars where it was required that all vehicles have the third brake in the center. In the late eighties, I would look at the backs of cars and I could tell if they were pre-1986 just by looking at the brake lights. And speaking of cars, I remember when the Ford Taurus first came out (again in 1986). My dad was driving me home from karate class one Saturday and I saw it and I thought, "Wow, that thing looks like a spaceship!" And remember the ad jingle for it? "Taaauuurus... for us!" Well, that's all I can think of for now. I'm sure I'll think of some more!

* You feel like you need to be in that Wil Ferrel movie "Old School".

* Going to the wedding of my cousin that was born in 1983. This kid was only like 12 or 13 in 1996. Talk about making me feel old.

* That when you ask a kid who he-man is they think it those new sucky cartoon and When you say She-ra princess of power they look at you like you lost your marbles I love that cartoon I wish they bring it backI'm 21 and I still think 80's cartoons could lick the dumb ones today

* I am 26, when I was a kid I used to think that 30 was middle aged and 40 and over was like a real old codger. I don't think that way anymore, for the obvious reasons.

* You are in your 20's, and you are asking people for advice on how to avoid a mid life crisis. I am 27, and I want to do everything possible to avoid a mid life crisis. Being a 40 year old is just around the corner. Time goes by fast when you're an adult you know, so you better be prepared.

* You remember the 70's.

* You remember at least one of the original "Star Wars" movies when they first hit the theaters. They came out in 1977, 1980, and 1983. Extra geezer points if you remember 2 of the 3 when they first came out. And full fledged OLD TIMER status goes out to anyone that can remember when all 3 were originally in the theaters. Bonus geriatric points are awarded to anyone that can remember when "Jaws" came out in 1975.

* Pfff, you thought people born in 1980 and 1981 were young punks. Hey it's 2003, people born in those years are nearly out of the traditional college age bracket and most are out in the workforce.

* You're still mad at those "new" grunge bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam for destroying whatever was left of the 80's back in the early 1990's. Then it hits you that those bands came out 12 years ago! A lot of the youth today probably can't even remember 1991!

* No offense to any kids here, but I realized I was getting old when it dawned on me that people born after 1982 really piss me off with their youthful arrogance and smug attitudes.

* The Hollywoood nightmare is CONFIRMED: There will be a Rocky 6. Holy felgercarb. 63 year old Rocky Balboa is going to get in the ring and fight either the younger 53 year old Mr. T, or perhaps the even more youthful 45 year old Russian boxer Drago. 'NUFF SAID people. When something as crazy as this happens in 2003, then 80s kids know they're gettin' old. All we need now is a Rambo 4, a Karate Kid 5, or a Terminator 3 (whoops we're really getting old Arnie in a T-3!) to even be more embarrassed by seeing our childhood icons make buffoons out of themselves in the new Millenium.

* Definately started to feel old when I turned 25 back in 2000. I was so damn miserable when I turned 25, I had the hardest time accepting that I was now closer to being a 30 year old then a 19 year old teenage kid. Not being part of the youth culture anymore, that's a rough thing to accept because you thought you were always goint to be part of that youth culture forever. I'm 28 now, and I'm still not over how bad 25 was, and it hasn't totally registered that 3 years went by so quickly, and that I will be 30 in no time. It's only 2 years away. Welcome to reality. (sigh)

* Just something to think about. If the Michael Jackson Thriller record was a "person", it would be old enough to buy beer. That makes me feel old.

* I was born in '88. Naturally, I don't remember a blasted thing about it unless you consider me learning new "words" from my ever-rivaling teenage brothers and sister. Ha, anyway, recently (actually about a year ago) I was surprised at all the rap felgercarb (ha, it rhymes) that was coming through. (I don't understand it - what is so awsome about repeating the same exact phrase 300 times throughout the whole song? "Smokin weed, smokin weed, yeah we smokin weed, pass it to me baby I'm smoking weed" :P duh) and got sick of it and started listening to a mix music station. 92KAT FM. Kick...ass. (Pardon my language). They have a daily thing all night long ('til 1am) called Planet 80's. They even have retromercials. That and (laugh at me if ya want, it _is_ kinda funny if you're much older than me) I was superbored one day and checked out false fire place which had a built-in stereo/cassete player/record player. I headed for the records. Looking back I think "Crush On You" by The Jets was the 1st 80's song I've heard since the gap when I last heard (remembered) an 80's song when I was little and now. Then A Flock of Seagulls came on the radio. (I can't help it, I still think Paul Reynolds was still a babe back in 82/83 something like that). Tell me if I'm wrong, but I think he (Paul) was one of the few or the only rock and roll (okay, alternative, but it's still just rock & roll to me) star that went with the white frame sunglasses when all the others went with sleek blakc shades. I did my research (sorta) and somebody here in the U.S. has the frames (minus the lenses--he said that in a chat thing that somebody saved). I know I'm not old enough to actually remember the 80's (ha, yeah, 2 years) but I guess you could say I'm going through a rediscovery phase. :-D A very, very long phase I hope will last me 'til I die. I even make attempts of looking like certain pictures I find. (My mom's a hair dresser, she has old.. no, oldER... not old*..books I've constantly got my nose buried in.) Well, I talk too much so I'm going to leave it here. Y recuerdan, para siempre las Ochentas!! (And remember, for always the Eighties!!!)

* Yeah to relate to a comment somewhere below----I was born in 1974, and I still think of anyone born after 1979 as children. Even the people born in the very early 80's like 1980, 1981 and '82, sheesh I still think of those guys as being like some kind of kids. Weird to think of them as adults. And it's 50 times weirder seeing the kids born in the mid and late 80's as these big grown teenagers, and 100 times weirder seeing the kids born in the early 90's as pre-teens/young teens. Kids born in the early 1990's, eeek....I keep thinking they should be in daycare or in diapers.

* My friend, who turned 20 exactly 5 months after I did, just found out she is pregnant. I then realized our priorities are so different--my boyfriend and I are going on a cruise with my brother and his girlfriend in January, and she will be preparing to have a baby. Crazy!

* I feel old because I remember when "alternative" music was just that--an alternative to the insipid banalities which cluttered the airwaves of the 1980s. Alternative back then was DEVO, Missing Persons, Yaz(oo), A Flock of Seagulls, Gary Numan, etc. Alternative today seems to be garbage like Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, and all that other commercial felgercarb which is, at best, a pale imitation of the punk from the late 1970s/early 1980s. No substance whatsoever, with unmemorable tunes. I remember when MTV used to play music videos. I remember when MTV played mostly new wave music, and I remember the exact moment when MTV hit its peak, and went downhill: the release of Michael Jackson's _Thriller_. Great album, great videos, but it opened the floodgates for crappy pop music.

* A family friend of my parents has a son that just got his drivers permit. He is 15 and was born in 1988. Born in 1988, holy felgercarb. I was already in junior high (middle school) in 1988.

* when you realize your about to graduate and be thrown out into the real world....when you've felt like such a kid, your all of a sudden considered an "adult"

* It feels like yesterday that people hated most of us born in the 70's. Only about 6 years ago in the mid 90's/early part of the late 90's, those of us born in the 70's were still seen as the punks, slackers, and Gen X kids that were up to no good. And just like that, both the 80's and 90's became yesterdays news. Suddenly we are the OLD SCHOOL that are thinking about becoming (or already are in some cases) 30 somethings in the near future.

* All this fuss on this page over kids/young adults born in the 80's, and we have totally forgotten that some children born in the early 1990's are already pre-teens or young teenagers. Does that 19 year old punk born in 1983 that doesn't know who Journey, Duran Duran, or Wham! was really seem so bad now when compared to the bratty internet message board troll that was born in 1991?

* Getting older stinks after age 23.

* Matthew Broederick is 41 years old!

* I'm 27 (28 in 8 months!) and sadly enough, I still refer to anyone who's born after 1979 as little children even though they're now adults who've finished colleged, engaged, married, or even have children of their own!

* I'm 13 years old, and I don't feel old, but I found some stuff that may make you feel old:
- On "The-N" messageboards (forums for a teenage television network), I noticed a thread titled "Anyone like Queen (the OLD rock band)".
- In a thread on the same messageboard asking who you thought was better - Led Zepplin or Good Charlotte - some people said "Good Charlotte, by a lot". MTV these days (sigh).
- Someone asked if anyone had heard of Weird Al Yankovic. Suprisingly, only one person responded.

* Because the Early 2000's are nearly over. We are almost into the middle part of this "new" decade.

* I am constantly surprised at hearing these reports of young adults and teenagers born in the 80's being so ignorant of the decade. I was born in 1976, and I have never been completely lost on what happened in the 1970's. I still have a connection with the 70's, even though I don't remember any of it. I mean I don't remember 8-tracks, but I know WHAT an 8-track IS. I always knew who the freakin' Six Million Dollar Man was. And for those of you born in the early 80's, shame on you for being so retarded about the decade. I guess I can at least understand some kid born in 1989 not knowing anything, but for shame on the 1982 born person that doesn't know Transformers, KITT, Run DMC, Duran Duran, or Wham. Doesn't anyone have older siblings or cousins anymore?

* I'm a Boy Scout leader and a lot of the kids I take camping and counsel were born in 1989 or after. Generally they don't know jack about the 80's and even a lot of the 1990's. And even if they do know something it obviously wasn't from firsthand experience/memories, but from looking it up in a history book or online somewhere. I guess these kids look at that time (80's and 90's), the way a lot of us looked at the 1950's through 70's era. It's just a dress up day or part of history to them.

* Remember the Smurfs?

* Many of the people who were on "Saturday Night Live" in the 1980s aren't doing too much in the way of acting anymore. And when they do pop up on TV, you're almost shocked.

* To a comment way below---the bad guy karate teacher from the Karate Kid movies was named "Kreese", John Kreese. Not Reese. Just something I thought I would point out. Eh, the fact that I know it's Kreese and not Reese makes me feel old now! lol

* I always knew I was going to get older, it's just the speed with which it happened that has TOTALLY BLINDSIDED ME. Now I'm still currently a young'un in my 20's, but I'm closing in on 30. You hear about how fast time goes by as an adult when you are growing up, but nothing prepares you for it. You have to actually live it and go through it to understand how freaky it is to see how the years go by from being a high school kid to pushing 30 in no time. I don't think I'll ever get used to being part of the "grown up crowd", I still think of myself as a kid.

* Born in 80, already old enough to have graduated from college a year ago and have a friend (the same age) with a husband and a baby. Sick.

* That ugly little rat-boy looking kid that played Anakin Skywalker in "Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace" was born in 1989. And that movie came out 4 years ago in 1999, so he's probably about to be in high school now.

* When you remembered playing Nintendo for the first time & saying to yourself, "Wow, it can't get any better than this!" When food didn't have Nutrition facts. When TV's used knobs & v-hold. If you remember what Michael Jackson used to look like. When G.I. Joes used to be about 3 inches long. When video games were "score based". When the only viarety in professional wrestling was different colored tights.

* Grace Slick (from Jefferson Airplane/starship) is over 64 (!!!!!) years old

* I am actually excited to see a new coke can

* When you remember all (or at least most) of the episodes of shows like "Punky Brewster" and "Small Wonder", try to find websites of their shows on the internet, wonder when they will ever come back on television, and want to know what are the cast members doing today.

* I started to realize I was getting older and leaving my youth behind around the age of 24. Before I was 24, I never even thought about getting older. Not even for one second. But I've found I certainly wasn't alone in walking around still thinking of myself as some kind of "kid" or overgrown teenager when I was in my early 20's. It seems like nearly everyone thinks like that until they get to the mid 20's.

* Conversation I had when I was 19 back in 1995 with an acquaintence of mine on a college campus: Me: "Have you decided on a major? So when do you think you will graduate?" Him: "Man I ain't going to graduate till like Two Thousand (post-2000) something...". It is now 2003, and I believe he's one of those life long proffesional college students that are still trying to get their degree. Sadly, I had to leave school shortly after 1995 for personal reasons. I am back now at age 27, part of the "college old school" and still trying to my degree as well. (it sure was a lot cooler being 18, 19, 20 and part of the college new school)

* You still remember the names of all the Cobra Kai guys from "The Karate Kid" films. Remember---Johnny, Dutch, Jimmy, Bobby, and Tommy. And Reese was their villanious "mercy is for the weak" karate instructor. I also remember that Jimmy was the one Cobra Kai dude that never had any speaking lines. Jimmy was just one of Johnny's tough goons to torment Daniel, but the actor later played that smart preppie kid on "Head of the Class".

* I was born in 1986. I do remeber most of the things that you guys are talking about however am not old. I am 16 and not old at all. I am young and enjoying it very much. To me old is not 40 and 50, but rather 70 and 80. If you can remember these things you shouldn't see youseelf as oldbut rather part of a great time.

* A lot of people here keep talking about the years going by so fast. It's something that I personally call "Kid Time" vs. "Adult Time", because of the different way we percieve the passage of time as we get older. I think most human beings switch over to Adult Time around the age of 14 or 15. I know for me, around 15 is when I look back and think gee that doesn't feel all that long ago. But when I look at what I did before the age of 15, that feels like a really long time ago. By the way I'm 26 now, so yes I am talking about events that happened 10+ years ago.

* I'm 27 and I like being an adult. Being an adult is cool. But I have no desire to be a "grown up"....i.e., 30 and above. Not looking forward to that I'll tell you.

* I'm 25 years old, and people in their 30's are looking younger and younger to me every year. When you're in your mid-late 20's, that's when you start thinking: "30's probably aren't going to be so bad. Now those guys going into their 40's, they're the ones with all the problems". (just kidding ;) )

* I truly felt old when my six year old son first heard Bon Jovi's new song "It's my life" back in June 2000. I was talking about how I was excited that Bon Jovi was "back", and my son looked at me like I was crazy. He then laughed at me and asked, "How could they be back Mommy, they're a brand new group!?" I was only 28, but it was then that I realized that I was now the "old-timer" who remembers when Reagan was shot and knows that Morgan Freeman isn't just some famous movie star, but that he was a member of the Electric Company on PBS!!

* Today, I am 30 years old. That's reason enough! Nobody can tell you how fast time will really fly. You'll just have to live it to believe it!

* A friend and I were talking about a conversation we had that still felt recent, and our jaws dropped when we suddenly realized that this conversation took place in 1997. 6 years ago...

* I can tell you what can make you feel old. When my 12 year old neice was complaining about have a non-cordless phone one day and I told her you think that's bad you should try sharing a party line. I can remember trying to use the phone and these two old ladies (sisters) always being on it. That got me a look. Also try telling a 12 year old that Pink did not write Lady Marmalade. Finding your old Commodore 64 in the closet and your even older game console with nobs that only turned left or right and with pong as the only game. You know that Bear in B.J and the Bear was named after Paul "Bear" Bryant the best head football coach Alabama ever had. He died in 1982 or 1983. You can still remember when all the kids on eight is enough lived at home. You can remember when Adam Walsh was kidnaped and your mother would not let you out of her site. How about when everybody wanted a General Lee, a train the their livingroom, and a talking car. Or the Jake the Snake // Rickey the Dragon Steamboat fight when Jake but the snake on Rickey. Jake got out of the ring to yell at the crowd. Rickey jumped up and got a komodo dragon after Jake. How about gathering around the TV to watch the Titanic Special where they showed the video of it being found.

* You remember when the PG-13 rating first came out in the mid 80s.

* When The Cosby Show, Family Ties, and Head of the Class, replaced those "old shows" like I Dream of Jeannie, Leave it to Beaver, and Welcome Back Kotter on NICK AT NITE.

* Because 1999 is already 4 years ago. 1993 is 10 years ago. And 1988 is 15 freaking years ago!!

* Born in 70 I too remember the 80's starting with Gary Newman and mourning Bob Marley passing on. At the time listening to Punk & Reggae since most of the good rock was from the cheesy 70's Girls in Jordache & Sasson Jeans. Dukes of Hazzard on TV. Early 80's arcade games. Watching Annie Lennox @ the 1984 AM Awards show in drag as a man singing "Sweet dreams" I thought that was so cool @ the time! Hanging my big Toshiba "Ghetto blaster" over my shoulder on the bus playing Dead Kennedys "Too drunk too F*ck" turning up the part where the guy chokes & pukes into a toilet(to gross people comin' back from their 9 to 5. The Frankie goes to hospital t-shirt. My GT BMX when GT built only Bmx's, My O.G. Gonzales VISION skateboard yellow deck with pink rails & street cubic wheels. Beastie Boys & DMC. The Breakfest Club. Miami Vice. Guys with boat shoes with NO socks (yuk)white Don Johnson jacket & really bad spray-net Lion-style hair driving red,blue or yellow I.R.O.C.-Z's. Boy-George & Jacko posers at Halloween. Max Headroom. TOO MUCH PINK & PASTELS. SPUDS Mc KENZIE. Tears for Fears. Cant forget Depeche Mode. Only the rich kid had a cd player at home. Grand Nationals & 5.0's, Honda Civics where still being laughed at.

* To a comment below...The new teen star Hillary Duff is indeed biologically old enough to be Debroah Gibson's daughter (16-17 years in age difference), but not socially, if ya know what I mean. Gibson is 32 now, soon to be 33, and she would have to had been a pregnant high school kid back in the late 80's to qualify as Hillary Duff's mother. If she was a pregnant teenager even an older teenager, it would have ruined her squeaky clean teen pop star image she had in the late 80's.

* When you hear songs at the grocery store, and they are the same songs our parent's told us to turn down!!!!!

* Will Smith (formerly The Fresh Prince) had a hit with Jazzy Jeff called "Parents Just Don't Understand" in 1988. Now Will Smith is a father of 4. And probably old enough to be Little Bow Bow's ,a current kid rapper, father. And Hillary Duff, actress from "Lizzie McGuire"/singer (about age 13/14) is probably young enough to be Deborah Gibson's daughter.

* I feel old everytime I go to the store and see that clock that says "If you were born on or before this date, then you can buy tobbaco..blah,blah" and realizing that my YOUNGER brother is two years over the limit? For my fellow New Yorkers remember: When Subway tokens had no holes in them When Channel "J" was the eighties equivalent of the playboy channel When Verizon used to be called Nynex which used to be called Bell Atlantic When Times Square wasn't THAT bright

* When I find myself actually WANTING to bid on My Little Ponies and plasic charm necklaces on Ebay. I remember the first year MTV came out, and on April Fools Day I spent the majority of my day laying upside down on a bean bag chair watching videos because, well, they were playing upside down all day! I hears Prince's song "kiss" on an oldies station (yes I said Prince...not "the symbol" or whatever he is called now. Boy George is a DJ now. You can actaully SEE snuffleu***us from Sesame street now, he's not Big Bird's imaginary friend anymore, everyone can see him. And he has a wife and kid! Wishing PBS would air the "Electric Company" "I hanker for a hunk of cheese" guy. The guy with the body suit that was all muscles and internal organs and stuff. "Dream Boy Dream Girl" is on my wedding playlist. So is "Crazy for You"

* LOL, the comment below made me laugh. Yeah no one in the actual 1980s was walking around saying "Hey dude, did you know that these are the f*cking 80s!!??" LOL. People went about their buisness and just acted normal like we do now. Though there's no denying that it seemed like sometime around the very late 1990s, definately by the year 2000, the 80s earned a spot next to Elvis, hippies, and bell bottoms as one of those nostalgic decades that everyone starts to fondly remember.

* I don't remember anyone making a big deal about the 80's before 1999. Before 1999, talking about the 80's was like "eh, oh yeah the 80's that was 9 years ago". You know what I'm getting at here? It's like how now in 2003 the mid 90's would be "eh, oh yeah the mid 90's. Remember Pearl Jam? Hey that was like 8 or 9 years ago". I mean really, it wasn't such a big deal. It was just the 80's and it happened to be some years back. But since 1999 I keep hearing this big fuss about the 80's, with all these 80's retro parties, dances, dress up days, and people talking non-stop about how fantastic it all was. That makes me feel old, because like I said during the actual 1980's and even after it up till about 1999---it was just thought of as the 80's. No biggie, if ya know what I mean. Today people talk about that decade like it was the 50's or 60's.

* When girls jeans that zipped up at the ankle, and they thought lacey socks and high heals were to be worn with jeans.

* It's that day that it hits you that you are now closer to 30 then you are to 19. Or maybey you know that you are now closer to 40 then to 29. You get that sinking feeling in your stomach when you realize painful things like this, and get that freaky depression over the passage of time. When you are over the age of 16, 10 years start to just zip by at warp speed.

* You remember before Nintendo, you know - when not only was there the Atari 2600 - but the Intellivision and Colecovision as well. You remember all the Atari game systems: Pong, Pong w/"hockey", 2600, 5800, 7200. You also know that the first color handheld game system was the Lynx (which made you wonder wtf happened there.) That there was once more than PC and Mac. That the once better and faster computers of the time (the Ataris and Commodores) are no longer, not because of the computers - but due to withdrawn software support. You remember when floppy disks were actually floppy. Games took minutes to load and made funny noises while doing so. You remember using the exact computer system that the guys at Rockstar Software are paying homage to at the very beginning of "GTA: Vice City" You remember when freeware wasn't downloaded, but hand typed from the back of Antic Magazine (and you had to get all five pages right or it wouldn't run.) You remember cassete tapes. You remember when handheld games had bb's or plastic things that drifed in water. You remember when huge stereos actually were better. You remember just one megabyte of computer memory costing more than $300. You remember dot-matrix and daisy wheel printers. You remember when color shifting was the cool thing to do with computer graphics. You remember when game controllers only had ONE button. You actually remember being in at least one car that actually used a carbuerator. You remember when MTV had videos and a few shows that actually were worth watching. You remember when people were actually insulted by swearing. You remember the whole Smurf's theme song. Man, I could keep going on...

* You remember when Chuck E. Cheese was Showbiz Pizza...goodness gracious.

* I'm sort of going through my second childhood (although I haven't quite left my 1st behind yet--I'm only 20). However, I keep thinking I'm an oldster every time I have this burning need to criticize every single aspect of every single cartoon I watch, especially the old episodes of "Scooby-Doo! Where Are You?" I keep saying to myself "Why the laugh track? Why do Daphne and Fred go off together? Is it me, or does anyone else think Shaggy was smoking pot while Scooby inhaled it? Why is Velma so underappreciated?" Asking questions like this is a surefire way to feel much older than you really are, and having concensus with someone else, like I did at work the other day, is enough to make someone else feel the way you do.

* Watching a video of the "Inspector Gadget" cartoon at the video store the other day. The three of us that were working were saying "Go, go gadget (insert contraption here)!"

* I was born in 1974. Some things that make me feel old. Back in the late 80's and early 90's, Nintendo's newest games were LCD handhelds with, like, 5 frames of animation. Online-conversations took place over several WEEKS, because of the bulletin boards that WERE the internet then. Windows was optional as an OS, and could be disabled or removed from a computer in favor of DOS. A connection speed of 9600 baud was considered blazing. Computers had less than 1 MEG of hard drive space, and only several thousand kilobytes of processing power. 5 1/4 floppies were the cutting edge media replacing TAPES as data storage devices. We were just about to go to war with Iraq, who boasted a military that was third in the world behind only the US and the Confederation of Soviet States. There was argument that Iraq's military might have outclasses the Confederation's. I REMEBER the Confederation of Soviet States, not to mention the Soviet Union. Bottled water was an absurdity. The only SUVs on the road were Jeep Wagoneers and Chevy Suburbans, and they were seen as totally unnecessary vehicles. I remember movies dedicated to things like the Lambada. I have seen the Valley Girl movie "Night of the Comet", and understand how the movie "Clueless" is a Valley Girl movie. I understand what a Valley Girl is. I remember when MTV actually played MUSIC VIDEOS 24-7. I remember a time before the phrase "24-7". Coke was the new Slurpee flavor at 7-11. Medical drama was ?St. Elsewhere?, where the ER was a set. I remember thinking that having a bulletproof, talking Trans Am would be THE coolest thing in the world (okay, that one is still pretty cool).

* I just turned 30 years old a while back (born in 1973), and this 19 year old girl in a college class I'm in old me that I don't look like a man. She didn't mean to offend me, she said..."Well you look like a man, but not a man man. You look more like you're 22, 23, or 24. You don't look older then 25. Most people your age that are like 30, look like some kind of man"...Heh, I actually understood what she meant, even if it was a garbeled mess of gobbledey-gook teen speak. She was trying to give me a roundabout compliment for looking youthful, but I can't blame her for her choice of words. I thought the same thing when I was 19 and 20. A 30 year old should stereotypically look like, lets all say it---"a grown up" or "adult". Sigh. But thankfully, I guess I'm still cool because I can pass for 23 or 24. LOL.

* On 'Behind the Music' episodes...all of the 80's stars have already lived the high life and been through rehab. : ( We had it made guys! No school shootings...life was good! PS-I still wear my 'bannana clip'. : )

* A 40 year old today, was only 28 in 1991. Does that scare you? I'm 28 now, and I was around 15, 16 in 1991. Time is merciless and goes on overdrive around the age 15 or 16. It scares the sh*t out of me. Forget thinking about being a 30 year old, that's a given in the next couple of years. It's almost happened to people my age. But I'm honestly crapping my pants about being a middle aged man. It may be 12 years away, but look at how 10 years went by in a blink of an eye. 1993, 2003. 10 years is a long time when you are 20 and under, but by the time you get to your mid 20's you realize that 5 or 10 years is nothing. I was on another message board where a guy a few years younger then me, 25, asked for advice on how to avoid a mid-life crisis, because he knows it's closer then you would think. I'm glad I'm not crazy in being the only one to realize that it IS a lot closer then we realize. I feel like the freakin' Highlander sometimes, just speeding through time like this.

* When I say that girls wearing stirrup pants and leggings were really cute, everyone answers : Huh! the're out since 10 or 15 years! Didn't you know!! I know that they went out a while ago but I didn't realized that it was for that long! :smiley:

* When I was growing up I remember I used to think anyone born after 1979 were nothing but little kids. I thought even people born in 1980 and 1981 were children or babies, even though chronologically those guys really aren't that much younger then me. So it's weird seeing some big 14 year old kid that was born in 1989 standing 6'3.

* I was looking through my cassettes today, because my mom wanted to borrow some. I have a talking Alf doll and found the cassettes to go along with him. i was in 6th grade when i got it and now i'm 25.

* The children in the movie 1990 "Kindergarten Cop" are all most likely finishing high school or completing some part of college. Many of them were in kindergarten in the late 1980s, like I was.

* I remember when I was in school in 1988, I did a report on a Civil Rights incident that took place in 1966 or 1967. At that time in 1988, the 60s were basically 19-20+ years ago, and it seemed like an eternity away to me. That world and their problems looked so barbaric and ancient to me. People being excluded from lunch counters and schools because of the color of their skin? Good Lord, that looked as ancient as slavery. The 60s and even early 70s were a part of my school history textbook and nothing more. Or maybey something to watch through the eyes of Fred Savage on "The Wonder Years". The 60s and I hate to say this but even the 70s, were only like 4 or 5 chapters ahead of the Great Depression of the 1930s, the Pearl Harbor bombing of 1941, World War II, and things such as that. What difference in terms of TIME was there to us between Vietnam and WW II or Korea? It was all a footnote in history to a lot of us. Today it is 2003, and it is weird thinking that 20 years ago is now....YIKES....1983! I remember being a wannabe Michael Jackson moonwalker/breakdancer in 1983! I remember watching Family Ties, Knight Rider, and The A-Team in 1983! Kids today must think the same thing about the 80s, and even the 90s, that a lot of us thought about previous decades. These kind of realizations about the passage of time and growing older puts life into perspective doesn't it?

* LOL, when I talk about the 90's to these kids I give my age away too. I'm 28 years old and I have gone back to college. If I talk about playing with Transformers and G.I. Joe in the 80's, I *might* be able to pass as someone born in 1983 or '84 that was playing with his older brothers hand me downs in the late 80s. But when I talk about being a 19 year old at a college party in 1994,.....sheesh I toally blow my cover and reveal myself as a 70s baby. 18 and 19 year olds today were on the playground in the mid 90s and a lot of them can barely remember Clinton's first term, to say nothing of Bush Sr.'s presidency in the early 90s. LOL, it felt better being 18 and being on the younger end of it and telling people older then me that I had a hard time remembering Reagan's first term back in 1994.

* Im 26, and I recently had an 18 year old girl buddy go with me on a trip downstate to keep me awake since I had to drive 300 miles after working all day and she was the only one free. We seemed to get along and it didnt seem like there was age gap. But the real kicker was when she said she was in kindergarten in 1989! I was like no way, I had to really think about it and then I was like wow, I guess it does calculate out. Wow I felt old. She has no way of remembering the good ol days of the late 70s and early 80s. Then later on that week I felt even older when I was listening to classic rock at high volume on the way home and really getting into it, I felt like I was over 30. I felt like all I needed was a beer and a cigarette and Id fit in with the 30 year old party crowd. And once I started hearing 80s music on classic rock stations and even on the OLDIES station..wow I feel old. It doesnt even seem like it was that long ago. Now lately my hair is starting to fall out and Im getting eye floaters which I was told by the doctor is just signs of getting old. Wow.

* My son loves his favorite new groups: Queen, Styx, and ELO. How could this possibly happen?

* You find yourself saying, "Back in the 1990's..." (and your life in the 90's didn't involve playing with either Power Rangers or Pokemon)

* I remember when CD's first came out... And the CD door opened like a casette door.

* I work in a video store now, and found a movie called "Left Behind 2" on a rack on new releases (it came out several months ago). Kirk Cameron was on the box. According to what I know, this was only a TV-movie on Showtime. It's pretty bad whe an '80s boy toy becomes a casuality of the current times, and winds up in some low-rent cable movie. I wanted to cry.

* Modern pop artists just dont seem genuine anymore.

* I was watching I Love the 80's,which didn't make me feel old. We were all sitting around and laughing about how dumb we looked. Don't try to nostalgize it, we looked so silly! I looked over at my friend and realized that he wasn't even alive when the things we were so amused with were occurring. Then I didn't laugh so much. But feeling old is inevitable. You can't go back, and I really don't want to.

* Losing my memory certainly makes me feel older! I had the cutest folders and notebooks back in the early 80's. It was a series that all the girls collected. It was called something like 'Cuddly Critters'. It featured animals on the covers (I remember that the koala and raccoon were especially popular with my little group of friends) which were surrounded by icky-sweet pastel borders. Please, can someone remember what these were called??? And one more thing, when you see that the once spike-haired synth god, Howard Jones, is nearly bald, yeah, you feel old. HOJO!

* My favorite cartoon show that I used to watch during the 80's Is. Pee-Wee's Playhouse, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Jim Henson's Muppet Babies & Garfield. Pee-Wee Herman was such a genius person that I know of. I Love Pee-Wee Herman!!!!

* If you like B-grade horror movies of th 1980s, and grew up in New Jersey, then you probably remember the production company Troma.

* Does anyone remember My Buddy dolls? I had one of those when I was little, and I saw a beat up old doll in a garage sale.

* Being born in 1977, I had no idea that the Seventies were percieved as being fairly recent during the early 1990's. At that time I thought the Seventies were ancient history, I even thought that during the 80's. Now I understand, because now it is the early 00's and I see many kids born in the 80's viewing that decade the way I looked at the 70's. It's weird looking back at yourself at an age and realizing how damn young you were but didn't fully know it at that time.

* You remember the pilot episode of Magnum P.I. airing for the first time and really also wanted a Ferrari (this was compounded by Crockett's Ferrari Dino in Miami Vice). Remembering that Bruce Willis was a guest star on Miami Vice once, or that Frank Sinatra was a guest star on Magnum P.I.

* Wondering how an age range of 29 years (1960 - 1989) can equal five generations.

* Debbie Gibson now goes by Deborah and she's starring on broadway and Tiffany, the ultimate mallrat kid, is now married with kids of her own.

* The fact that there's even a website ABOUT the 80's is a surefire way to make a child of the 80's feel old.

* I think it's jacked up that there are like 4 or 5 different generations on here complaining about feeling old.

* You know you are old when take a girl half you age to your 20 year high school reunion (82 graduate) and you arent breaking any laws in any state.

* For all of you older than me, I was born in January 1985 and I'm graduating in two weeks. This was the same year as the first Back to the Future, The Breakfast Club, Like A Virgin, We Are the World, the premiere of Growing Pains, etc.--- 18 years people!!!

* My twin sister and I were born in '79. We started K-6 in '84 and finished in '91. I really hate that and wish that I was born between '68 and '73 (like my older sister). Although, she is only 6 years older, I always thought her, her friends, and my older cousins around her age were so cool back then. You do look at things differently when you are a middle school or high school student than you do if you are in elementary. Looking back at that time, all I kids my age had were our cartoons (the greatest of any decade) and the occasional glimpses of PG-13 or R box office blockbusters that we were lucky enough to see on cable after they had been in theaters. They got to hang out at arcades, at the mall, concerts and the best movies of the time. Now that they are in their 30's, they tell me that I should enjoy my 20s while I have them. What gives? They were in such a rush to get old, now they can't stop the clock. It's funny, I look at my little sister (who was born in '86) and tell her the same thing about her time in high school right now!

* I watched "Golden Girls" from the time it started (when I was about 3 or 4) all the way though its run. Now, I'm 20 and watch the reruns. Bad part? I still remember most of the episodes!

* Myself and my brother's girlfriend are only 20, but we both watch Lifetime movies all weekend long. So much for it being a network for bored old ladies. Us youngsters enjoy it!

* Hey I just Pretty in Pink on American Movie Classics (AMC) yesterday! So it's not just being aired on LIFE.

* The Lifetime channel is airing "Pretty In Pink"? Sigh. When I was a kid back in the 80's, I remember thinking that Lifetime was a channel for bored old ladies that had nothing to do.

* "Pretty In Pink" (1986) showing on the American Movie Classic network. Even more shocking, "Slums Of Beverly Hills" (1996) was shown last week on the same network.

* I just got an invitation to my 10 year high school reunion. I'm class of 1993 obivously. For those of you who are class of 1998 and are having a 5 year reunion, believe me,---that's nothing. I don't remember feeling bad about being 5 years out of high school, I still felt like a kid at the 5 year mark. But THIS, now this a 10 year high school renuion, jesus this is truly sh*tty. I'm not going. I think I'll just stay home and watch the 90210 high school r

* I can totally relate to a comment made in that really long paragraph that some 80's kids loved all the controversial musical acts and performers back then, but dissaprove of the same stuff today. That is SO TRUE. I still remember back in 1989 a girl in an english class of mine made a big fuss about not being able to watch R-rated movies and parents being over-protective. She said something like "Hello!!? OMG, like we live in an R rated world!" She also wrote this long essay about her dissaproval of the bad treatment the then controversial rap group 2 LIVE CREW was getting for their "Me So Horny" song. She went on and on about how it was wrong that they were arrested and and busted at a nightclub for playing that song. Ofcourse she was a kid then. I'll bet you a billion dollars that if I met her today, she probably would talk about how there's too much violence in the media or how Eminem is destroying the children or some crazy sh*t like that. And I'll bet all the kids that hated Tipper Gore and her Parental Advsiroy crusade back in 1985, think it's a great idea today. Watching former 80's kids, my own peers, become crusty old farts is weird thing for me.

* Axl Rose is 40. Ferris Bueller (Matthew Broderick) is 40. I was 15 when the Challenger went down. I remember the American Bicentennial! I remember Madonna on American Bandstand saying she wanted to "Rule the World". We got to listen to BOn Jovi's Slippery When Wet in 7th grade social studies. Airwolf rocked hard! (still does). Miami Vice was the ultimate in cool. Remember the high tops with the Pump? I remember AC/DC's Back in Black in 1980, I was 9! The first portable cd boomboxes were about 20 pounds and would run one cd before the batteries went dead! The first cd I ever heard/saw was Ratt "Invasion of Your Privacy". CD's came in huge cardboard wrappers so they were about 2 feet long! We had arguments about what was better, cd's or chrome tapes! Gas cost 75/80 cents a gallon. Hair bands were kick-ass, not nightclub burning idiots like Great White are now. (one of my first concerts was Great White, Scorpions, and Mr. Big). Metallica played music worthy of their name, not country rock! The original Rubik's Cube (I used to pull it apart and put it back together the right way). Asteroids would keep me up all night. The movies! Aliens, Predator, The Terminator, all John Hughes films, cheesy special effects. No Internet! Just Say NO! Reagon getting shot. Those Legionarre hats with Ozzy Osbourne or Def Leppard on them. Van Halen's 1984. Def Leppard's Pyromania. Remember when the drummer (Rick Savage) had both arms? Remember when Led Zeppelin broke up because John Bonham died? I was 9 when John Lennon was killed. I remember John Travolta's first film career! I remember his tv career! I cheered when the Berlin Wall came down! I cried when MASH went off the air. I remember the cool hospital and lawer dramas, St. Elsewhere and L.A. Law! NKOTB were horrible! I remember when the Columbia first flew, I watched it in my 4th grade class! Then we watched the original He-Man! I remember Mount Saint Helens blowing up, I was 8! I remember the Iranian hostage crisis. I remember the beginning of AIDS. I could go on forever.

* Axl Rose is 40. Ferris Bueller (Matthew Broderick) is 40. I was 15 when the Challenger went down. I remember the American Bicentennial! I remember Madonna on American Bandstand saying she wanted to "Rule the World". We got to listen to BOn Jovi's Slippery When Wet in 7th grade social studies. Airwolf rocked hard! (still does). Miami Vice was the ultimate in cool.

* While I was only born in January of 1980 I do feel older at times. Items that I still own from the eighties bring up "What's that" questions in most people my own age let alone any younger people. Atari, 45rpm records, Jem & the Holograms, neon clothes. I may be young but you can pick me out of a crowd. Individual and stuck in the 80s!!! I wish I would have been older to enjoy it more.

* I was watching 'Scarface' the other day, just thinking how cool everything about that movie was: the storyline, the music, the cars, the various scenes etc, and how, despite the fact that it was about drug dealers, it would be really great (if a little tasteless) to live like that. Then my younger cousin came in and spoiled it all by saying "urgh! that music's rubbish, and so's that car, and Al Pacino looks really stupid". Then I thought about the 'cool to be ultra normal' cult that seemed to spring up in the late '90s, and knowing that my idea of cool, even if it was dated, was certainly a lot more exciting than this 'current' generation's.

* When "Married with Children" is looked at as good wholesome family fun by some people. I remember when parents hated that show for being so raunchy and sleazy. Actually it's still sleazy, but I guess because it comes from the 80's its looked at as being OK and gets a free pass. Kinda like how Madonna is still a skank, but because she comes from the 80's she's alright now.

* Christ, most of you are mere children. It's pathetic that a person who might live to be, say 85, would choose to spend 2/3 or more of his life classifying himself as "old." I think I'll start considering myself old at 80.

* Levi's stopped making their 512's !!!

* I first started to feel old when I got to 24/25, because I was in my mid 20s and still an undergrad in college. I was instantly labeled an "older student" when it felt like just yesterday I was still 18/19 and a typical college kid. Miserable feeling when it changes on you like that.

* I'm 24 and I HATE the 18 and 19 year old kids in a freshmen accounting class that I am forced to take because of my job. These kids are loud, obnoxious, not serious about anything, and are still in that teenage/high school menatlity. I have left all that behind and am more mature so even though I am just 24, I stand out as an old man with them.

* On "VH1 Where Are They Now",a few months ago, it featured "Baby Jessica" McClure (who fell into a well in 1987) She's now 16 years old with braces. (She's about 3 or 4 years younger than me) That would make most people feel old, no offense. Even the '90's generation is already feeling old. R&B singer Brandy is now married and has a child. I remember when she was only 15 around the mid 1990's. (I'm not a fan of her,but many of my peers were.) And my cousin (who was in her teens) used to let me watch Fox and cable television (when MTV actually played videos,Disney aired old Disney movies and shows...not like a Nickelodeon clone it is today,Nickelodeon had game shows/better cartoons and shows,and Nick at Nite aired actual old shows instead of NBC sitcoms from the '80's I loath...till this day, I was more into Fox and probably forced to watch MTV. My cousin claimed that I liked some videos...Who cares, I like '80's music now any ways) and my cousin (Now reaching 30, not a bad age because J. Lo,Nicole Kidman,the cast of "Friends",etc. are in their 30's.) doesn't allow her kids to watch TV. Even strange, she was a fan of rap and pop acts that were controversial at the time, but now dissapprove acts like: Eminem, Marilyn Manson, and even today's Lolita-esque teen queens! (Inwhich I don't mind.) I've been to some retail stores and I never have been stared at or made rude remarks by any employee for buying a video/DVD of CD/LP relating to the 1980's. Well I witnessed some people in their 20's/30's with a positive remark. Well that would make some people feel better about themselves, I guess. One time at some mall, I met two women (around their late 20's/early 30's)sitting on a table talking. They actually smiled and noticed my DVD in my transparent plastic bag. (From where I brought. The DVD was "Pure 80's The DVD") We basically talked and one of the women looked a bit bemused like If I was a teen in the '80's with a handful of pop culture knowledge from the 1970's. We basically talked for about 10 minutes. (They were drinking coffee.) It went fairly well. I told them about my favorite acts from the '80's as well some "guilty pleasures". They probably expected me to say that the DVD was for somebody else or something like that. I have friends of my own age. Even stranger, most of my peers would wear ripped/acid wash jeans and headbands and consider the look as "new". Recently I read a message board about NYLA, Britney's now defunt/ill fated bistro, and noticed that a fan with "J. Lo" fan (or something similar)written in his/her E-mail address and wrote some mames of the celebs that showed up at the opening. The preson wrote "Dowager teen queen Deborah Gibson" in the list of names. I checked uo the dictionary and "dowager" is a dignified elderly woman. Elderly? She's the same age as J. Lo. (I assume that the person is a Jennifer Lopez fan) The person could've atleast written "former teenqueen", "Broadway actress", or "Singer/Stage actress" instead of an "elderly" woman. I bet the J. Lo fan doesn't know her age. (J. Lo or Deb Gibson) Well, I saw a picture of Deb (at the premier of NYLA)a few months ago and she doesn't even look old. She still looks great. Yes, we all tend to feel old. 20 years from now when today's younger children (Born after 1990) are in their late teens/early 20's, young children, from the future, will ask them about how it was like in the '90's/early 2000's and endless questions about TRL, Pokaman,Harry Potter,etc. Not to mention making crude remarks about the music and fashion from their youth. About today's versions of He Man and Transformers. An updated cartoon called "Alvin & The Chipmunks", based on "The Alvin Show", probably made children of the 60's feel old because the animation on "The Alvin Show" was far worse compared to the newer version in the 1980's. Does anybody remember "Foofur" ? (A cartoon about a blue dog and his canine friends in a house...) That cartoon was original,but not a lot of my peers remember it. I actually made my aunt, who grew up in the 1970's, feel old when I shun her disco albums. I don't consider people over 25 "old", it's not the age that makes the person "young", It's how they feel in their heart. Old is basically when a person becomes more wiser and mature. Final comment: Last year, VH1 Rock Show,unfortunately now defunct, played videos from Nirvana, Soundgarden, Van Halen(David Lee Roth and Sammy Hagar eras), Guns N' Roses,etc. At least I taped a lot of videos and was a heck of a lot better than than the mere 2 (or less) hours of "videos" on MTV now! Only if MTV 2 replaces MTV and VH1 Classic replaces VH1.

* You remember the "New Coke".

* You remember the motto for the Nintendo NES game console in 1987. "Now your playing with power! Super Power!"

* It simply is not cool to be a Generation Xer the way it was 10 years ago, or even 5 years ago. My newspaper did a piece on a new trend called "Hipsters", and all they did was talk about how this new youth movment is relevant to the Generation Y crowd that loves clubbing and partying. Zero mention of Gen X. One of the guys in the article that was trying to undestand Hipsters was certainly NOT OLD at all, he was 31 but he sounded the way Baby Boomers did years ago. It used to be that anything dealing with youth was always and soley about Gen Xers. Not anymore.

* The radio station you listen to has a slogan, "We play the best Old Skool jams from the 80's and 90's!!" Christ when you hear that, talk about just wanting to check into a retirement home. I mean it's only 2003, not 2033. They act like they're catering to a senior citizen crowd, and including the 90's in their slogan makes you feel even worse.

* remember the Mario and Zelda cereal that came in the same box?

* remember when food from McDonalds came in styrofoam?

* I found out that Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie Tanner on "Full House") is now 20 and married. Yikes, she's the same age as me and she's MARRIED?!

* Candace Cameron (DJ Tanner on "Full House") is now married, with a child.

* Watching an episode of "Family Double Dare" on Nickelodeon Games and Sports, and seeing Jaleel White (Steve Urkel on "Family Matters") and Candace Cameron (DJ Tanner on "Full House") acting as members of the families who were contestants on the show. The bad thing is, they were only 13 years old. Neither had gone through puberty yet!

* Kids born in the 90's.

* Kids born in the 90's.

* What about the children!? Good Lord has someone thought about how this will effect the children!!?? We've got to think about the children!!!

* Reading through these posts reminded me of an incident a couple of years ago. I'm 32 and I graduated high school in 1988. When I turned 30 back in 2000, my uncle who is 53 came up to me and said, "So Mike you're 30 now eh? How do you feel?" I told him that I don't feel any different and I feel the same way I did when I was 15. He leaned up against me with a gleam in his eye and whispered, "Yeah so do I". Scary isn't it? I always thought you were supposed to feel really different as you get older, sure you get more mature and change as a person, but you basically FEEL the same way you did when you were 15 or 16.

* Not one day goes by that I don't think about getting older, or marvel at the speed of it all and how it feels like overnight I went from being a Grunge wearing high school kid in 1994 to now being just 3 years shy of being a 30 year old. I always heard about how life goes by superfast when you get to be 16 or 17, and how you can go from being 16 to 30 in a blink of an eye, but I never understood it or even believed it until I started to see it happening to me. Anytime I hear children or teenage kids talking about how they don't remember the 80's or the early-mid 1990's, I feel like an old man that literally comes from a different century.

* There was a case study done on Michael JAckson in 1997, and it was done in 4 stages. The 2nd and 3rd stages were during the 1980s, and the 3rd stage demonstrated that he was getting strange. Wow. Michael Jackson has been getting weird since the 1980s????! Yikes.

* Going to leisure centres and pool/bowling halls built in the mid-to-late '80s, and not only thinking how dated they seem, but that you remember them being built. I'm from the UK, and we've got one near where I live (Manchester) that feels like a set from Miami Vice, trying to make it cool using loads of fake palm trees and the lobby area is panelled in black with blue and red diagonal stripes running through it. There's this 'leisure square' called 'Grand Central' (no-one would dare use that name nowadays in fear of sounding cheesy). I remember when it was first built it looked so futuristic and cool, but now it's all run down and all the outlets have changed hands countless times. Makes me remember the '80s as a much brighter, nicer time.

* You remember when the only swear words allowed on American TV were "damn" and "hell". And if the words "felgercarb" or "ass" were ever allowed, then there was like a big 1 1/2 minute parental warning infront of the program and inbetween every commercial.

* When i look at teenage girls and realize that its wrong because even though i feel 17, im really 27 and no one whos cool these days remembers when it was cool to were torn levi's,or to listen to guns&roses. I feel old when i look around and i cant find anyone who looks my age, then i realize there are people all around me who are my age but they are mostly all getting fat and look tired and worn out with the beginning sighns of wrinkles under there eyes. Seems like just yesterday when i was in the hip generation/now all i can do is dream about the good times and do the same boring things every day. I truely miss feeling care free,with the whole world ahead of me and a million choises at my disposal. galaxierace2000@yahoo.com

* I'm 25 years old and it never dawned on me that I was an "older college student", (for an undergrad) until I visited my university guidance counselor and she,--apparently shocked by how long ago I graduated high school made a Freudian slip and said, "Oh yeah I remember looking through your records, you were the one that graduated high school way back in 1976..." I couldn't believe she said that and I immediately yelled out "1976! My God it was 1996!". Come on on now, wouldn't *most* of the students in college today still be 90's high school grads? Anyway that little exchange demonstrated to me that she thought of me as an older college student who graduated high school years and years ago, and it didn't matter of it was 1996 or 1976. I was an older college student and my age and high school graduation year must have really stood out compared to the other students she reviews. And unfortunately I guess I am an older student with all these kids coming out of high school in the 2000's. I felt so terrible that day. :(

* Why is Michael Jackson always used as a sign post for getting old in different decades? I remember when I was growing up in the 80's, I had teachers in school that would say I made THEM feel old because I wasn't around or couldn't remember when Michael Jackson was a little boy and/or a member of "The Jackson 5". Back then I didn't know anything about Michael's life and work pre-80's. Now I'm well into my 20s and people my age are teaching in school and asking kids, "Do you remember when Michael Jackson was a Black guy that was still kinda normal and not such a train wreck weirdo?" Just a funny thing I noticed...

* Talking to my friend and saying "remember when shows like Knight Rider, A-Team, and Airwolf came out?" and he's like, "yeah over 20 years ago". I'm like, holy felgercarb he's right! They all came out around 1982/'83!

* I was born in 1975 and I used to think anyone born after 1980 was a little kid or baby. My "baby sister" turned 21 this past January, she was born in 1982 and I can remember my parents bringing her home from the hospital!!! I remember when most kids born in the 80's would just lay around and sh*t everywhere. When my sister turned 21 all I could think was if she just turned 21....Good Lord how old am I!!? Going to be 28 later this year....SIGH. I have a young cousin born in 1987, he's starting to drive and I remember when he was born I was in 6th grade!! So it's still odd for me to get used to all the grown up getting kids born in the 80's, especially deep in the 80's----MUCH LESS any kid born in the 90's. I mean it's one thing to deal with kids born in the 80's who are younger siblings to you, it's quite ANOTHER dealing with children born in the 90's who you could biologically be a parent of.

* I remember back in 1981 when owning a VCR was such a big deal. I remember thinking how cool it was to be able to record TV shows and have them to watch over and over! And watching a recently released movie over and over? Pure magic.

* Those annoying little kids three to five years younger than you, whom you've always seen as babies or very young children and who got nowhere near the "80s experience" you did, are now mature-looking adolescents or even adults!

* When my Politics professor did an impression of Ferris Bueller's teacher. It dawned on everyone how old we are, and how old that movie is!

* When the Press of Atlantic City did a write-up on "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", because it is a classic. NOOO!!!!!!

* Well I don't remember when my parents where my age, but some months ago I realized I could remember when my parents were my brother-in-law's age. It's something that plays weird in my head, since I'm on a peer level with my brother-in-law. I recently turned 26 (born in 1977) and my brother-in-law who is 9 years older then me is about to be 35. I remember back in 1983 when I was 6 years old my folks who were born in 1947 were around 35/36. Back then I thought them being 35 meant they were so old!!

* Remember back 8, 9, 10 years ago around 1992, 1993, 1994/'95 and people thought that a lot of us born in the 70's were a bunch of annoying little punk teens? Not something that would make us all instantly feel better about getting older and losing youth I know, but just something I thought I would point out. Everyone has to go through this. Before the very late 90's, like 1999, most of us born in the 70's used to be the ones that were the annoying kids that were walking around telling people that such and such music or movies were before *our time*. Hell back in 1995 I was 19 years old and the one talking about how I considered anything before 1982 before *my* time. Sigh.

* Anyone follow F1? Remember when Ayrton Senna won that rain-lashed Monaco GP in '84, and when he died in a massive crash at Monza in the early '90s? - People talk about him now like my dad talks about Juan Manuel Fangio, and that makes me feel old.

* Most of the military troops sent to Iraq were born in the 80's, and most of them can barely remember the first time we went to Iraq during the Gulf War back in 1991. A lot of young cops out there handing out tickets were born in the 80's. The nurse that gave me a shot today was born in the 80's. The assitant store manager at my Wal-Mart was born in the 80's. I drove by a young homeless dude today that was probably born in the 80's. Jesus just thinking about all this makes me feel so old I need to go down a bottle of whiskey.

* I hate getting older.

* The mother on the Disney Channel sitcom "That's Raven" (or something like that title, starring Raven Simone... "Olivia" from "The Cosby Show", 1988/1992)is about the same age as most of the original Cosby kids. (around the mid 30's) That would make some people who grew up in the 1980's old. For myself, I'm 19,most of mypeers(age range of 17/20) would look at me weird when I talk about 80's music (new wave,glam rock, pop,etc.) and especially several early '90's artists! (Does anybody remember Toad The Wet Sprocket,Bel Biv DeVoe,Sonic Youth...I know they were around in the 80's, but they inspired many 90's alternative bands, Digital Underground, etc.)Younger relative who are teens and children (13 and under) would look at me strange when I let them watch a "Debbie Gibson" tape (When they asked me about pop singers that came before Mandy Moore...) or listen to pop music from the 1980's up to the mid '90's like If I was from another planet. Heck, Deborah Gibson isn't even old when it comes to age, she's the same age as Jennifer Lopez and Beck. Her music may be called old, but she had more talent than most of today's teen queens. New Order,Depeche Mode,Devo,etc. , in my opinion,are 100% better than Moby. Alice In Chains and Nirvana wrote more prolific songs than Puddle Of Mud.Not to mention that there's more better acts from the 1980's and 1990's than now. Now is mostly "very cliche" rappers, Lolita-esque teen queens,bland pop, and irratating rap metal. (back to the young children)They also believe that He-Man,Care Bears, and Transformers are "new", in which I used to like He-Man long before they were even born. I read some posts below and it stated that my generation looks at 5 (or less) yearstheres ago as ancient. Semi-true. I don't consider 1995 "ancient". And I would basically refer the 1980's and early 1990's as "Before my time". I recently saw a music video countdown show on BET, while clicking channels, and thet played a hip hop video from 1997 for "Old Skool Joint of the Day", in which I believe is too soon to be consider as "old school". Basically music videos became very dark during the early 1990's and adult films induring the late 1990's. I collect 80's music video collections on tape/DVD and recorded 80's videos from tv. I also collect music CDs and records in general. Current "video" review: Debbie, NOW DEBORAH... BROADWAY DIVA/SINGER, cira 1987 looks cuter and actually wore clothes compared to Britney Spears' "Dirty" video.

* That teeenage skater punk Tony Hawk is now 35 years old and a married father of two.

* Like has been said many times, the 2000's are the end of our youth. And things will never go back to the way it was for us in the 80's and 90's.

* Do you ever get pissed off with these kids that think every fashion, fad and trend of the 80's were going on at the same time? During every year? I know some kids that think we were walking around saying stuff like "Totally radical!" while at the same time break dancing and moonwalking IN 1989! 1989!! If they were really there, they would know that none of that felgercarb was going on in 1989. Hardly anyone was using the already outdated stereotypical "80's lingo" in 1989, and my God NO ONE was breakdancing or moonwalking back then!

* Josh Brolin is 35.

* My boyfriend is 23 and he's already going bald.

* My brother has the movie "Donnie Darko," which takes place in 1988 (it's really from 2001). The movie was about a prophetical bunny rabbit puppet that said the world would end on October 31, 1988. Drew Barrymore plays a teacher in it. Please. We all know what Drew Barrymore was REALLY doing in 1988, and it didn't involve teaching.

* I was watching VH1 Classic the other night, and the Lionel Richie music "Dancing on the Ceiling" came on. I never realized how corny and dated it really is!

* When I was younger, I always heard about how pens will write by themselves in the year 2000. That was in 1988 or 1989. Well, it's 2003, and I'm still getting writer's cramp, thanks to phony predictions!

* I decided to go to college as a "mature student". I'm 27, born in '76. My classmates are all born in the 80's - they make me feel old! I will say "Do you remember that Cheers/Cosby Show/Family Ties episode?" and they look at me like I'm crazy! Plus, I just realised that when I'm really really old, my extrememly popular name - Jennifer - will likely be an "old lady" name like Vera or Wilma or Mildred are today! (no offense to people with those names!)

* I love the eighties !!! I was born in 1978 and the 80's, it's all my childhood, the first time I saw "Thriller" on TV I was terrified (I was only 4 or 5 years old). And after I was the fan #1 of Madonna. And the song of Jermaine Jackson and Pia zadora "when the rain begins to fall" magnifique!!! coucou Vanessa, je suis sur un site américain et si les gens lisent ce message tout le monde va nous connaitre. Vive le Havre et Alphonse Brown

* OK, here's a major cultural one for you - I'm a university student, so you would expect me and my fellow students to be into things like rebellion through grunge, punk and Marxism... No. It seems that the children of the '80s are rebelling through monetarism and their own '80s retro - yes, like it or not, it seems that the typical 'student' politics of your parents (ie Socialism) is seen as a bit old-fashioned - to rebel against them, the children of the '80s adopt '80s financial values! And you can remember when your parents complained no end about Thatcher and Reagan.

* Yo I gets purbed, keeps it real, and NEVER CRY about the past if it was still the 80s (dont get me wrong I love the 80s fa treal) no DVDS VCDS MP3S or weak MTV so you see we, all are adults now and and its time ta get serious couse its real serious out here, and I know my true 80s people feel me out there. Lets listen to our 80s music and keep changing the world on the D.L. couse I didnt understand my father and I pray I will understand my son. One. One.

* Showing kids 13 and under NKOTB albums from the late 80's, and they act the way I did when people showed me 70's pre-teen slop done by The Osmonds. Donnie and Marie...shudder.

* I think back that I was 15 eleven years ago, i can't believe it was that long ago. I can remember it like it was yesterday, I have been out of school almost eight years. Time really flys, I also have two children never thought that would happen.

* I'm 27 1/2 years old. :( I was born in 1975 and it's 2003. :( :( I graduated high school in 1993 and it's 2003. :( :( You figure out what I'm so sad about!! :( I don't think I'll ever get used to being in my 30's. How the hell did I go from being a no good punk misunderstood 90210 teenager to being this OLD so fast? It's like it all happened in a blink of an eye, and it's not fair!

* Hey I'm 26 and I don't like it when people tell me I'm "pushing 30". Someone told me I was pushing 30 last year when I was 25 and I hated it too! I almost fell over in shock. I told them that I ain't pushing anything till I'm 29, 39, 49, 59, etc, etc. Till I get to that last year, don't tell me I'm "pushing" the next age decade while I still got 4, 5 or 6 years to go.

* I gave my boyfriend's goddaughter the Care Bears video that came with my new Care Bear. It was copyrighted 1988!

* I'm a die-hard Saturday Night Live fan, and it makes me feel old when I watch "NBC All Night" every Saturday night @ 2 am, and they show classic episodes of "SNL." Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, but the "classics" they run were from the mid-'80s (which are "classics," but in a different way). Classics?! I was little during the mid-80s. Does that mean I'm classic too!

* Everytime I watch the Cartoon Network, and realize that you can almost tell what cartoons were on in the'80s...the animation style is a giveaway. Gee, they didn't look that strange when they first aired!

* I'm 24. I told my boss (who's in her early/mid 50's) that I am going to try out for the National Women's Football Association within the next two years (after I train). She told me I should do it soon because I was pushing 30! I was like wait until I'm 26 and pass the quater century mark before you tell me I'm pushing 30. I told one of my mentors (in her early 40's) what my boss said and she told I should try out sooner because most people retire from football (and most sports) by the time they are my age!

* The movie "Short Circut" is now shown on the American Movie Classics station. The same station the shows Audrey Hepburn movies, black and white movies, and technicolor movies.

* You remember the big deal made about Sally Ride being the first female American astronaut back in 1983.

* You remember when Nightline first came out in 1980, and when CNN Headline News was brand new in 1982.

* I was born in 1977 and I have realized that teenagers today look at the late 80s and early-mid 90s the same way I looked at the late 70s and early-mid 80s when I was *their* age.

* When I was little, thinking that in 2000, we would all become a flying space-age Jetson society. Well here I am, a junior in high school DRIVING, not flying to school everyday.

* You're OLDER then most of the guys that play Pro Sports. This is especially true in regards to the NBA, where most of the guys have been getting really young in the past few years because they enter the league straight out of high school and are in that 18-23 range. I still remember clear as day when guys like Charles Barkley were telling people my age that he's not "a role model". And now here I am at age 27 older then most of the guys in the NBA & NHL, and about the average age of a typical NFL player or Major Leaguer.

* You can remember when your PARENTS were the age YOU are NOW.

* You remember when VHS movies cost $89 or more, and a VCR cost you around $1,000. And you remember that Beta tapes were actually far SUPERIOR to VHS tapes in terms of picture and sound, but bad marketing killed the format.

* I'm 26 and I guess I'm an "older college student" because in one of my classes I overheard these kids around the ages of 18-21 talking about going to their first night club and getting into bars and stuff for the first time. Christ I am SOOOOOOOO beyond that sh!t. Listening to them made me feel so old.

* I'm 25, and it's an awkward age to be at when you are in your mid or even late 20s. I'm too old to hang around teenagers or try and pretend to be some kind of rebellious adolescent, but on the other side of it, a lot of adults 35 and over still see me as some kind of "kid". Heck at work *everyone* over 40 calls me "the kid".

* One of my greatest memories of childhood is getting the 8 bit Nintendo back in the Christmas of 1987. I still remember my father popping the hood of his trunk and showing it to me a couple of days before Xmas. I was the most popular kid in my neighborhood when I had that thing. Nintendo was like Heaven to us back in the mid-late 80's. That first Nintendo Entertainment System made the ATARI 2600 from just a few years before look like something out of the 1950's overnight. Remember the commercials for the NES? What memories.

* You remember exactly what you did on Spring Break 1983.

* I have a really younger cousin born in 1991. She's 12 years old and she has never heard of the "New Kids on the Block".

* MTV just did a special on the 90's grunge band Nirvana. MTV also called them a "classic band".

* None of us are Peter Pan. We all have to grow up and become the no fun adults.

* I was born in the 70's, and I was a child in the 80's and a teenager in the early-mid 1990's. I remember back then the 20 somethings and 30 somethings would wax nostalgic about the 1970's and I was like "WTF are these people making a big deal about?". Beyond the Bee Gees, ABBA, and some episodes of CHiPs and Charlies Angels, I really didn't know much about the 70s. OK I knew what mood rings and 8 tracks were, but I was always telling them "yeah I was born back then and I hardly know jack about what you guys are talking about". I HATE IT that now when I think back to the 80's, teenagers today act the SAME WAY I did 10 years ago when I was a teen in the early and mid 90's. Ugghhh.....

* Almost half of us born in the 70's are no longer considered cool anymore.

* I'm sick of teenagers asking me what clothes to recommend they wear for their "80s Spirit Day" or whatever they do. Usually they totally f*ck it up and wear a bizzare amalagam of clothes, mixing up stuff from 1981, 1985 and 1989 all together.

* I actually graduated high school in the 1980's! Think how old I feel!

* You're one of those 24/25++ year olds that keeps trying to fool yourself that you are still a solid part of the Youth Culture of the 2000's.

* You're the only one in a college class of 40 that knows who the Spuds MacKenzie Budweiser dog was!!! He was kinda like the 80s version of the little Taco Bell chiwawa dog. But Spuds was cooler.

* Remember that Michael Jackson/Pepsi commercial from the late 80s with the little boy chasing Michael around and he finally catches up to him and they drink a Pepsi together? Some boy chasing Michael Jackson, oh that takes on a whole different meaning today...

* Remember how cool it was to find out they made a "Super Mario Bros. 3"?

* I'm an officer in the US Army and some of the soldiers who come into my unit were born the year I graduated high school.

* you remember when bud light was called budweiser light

* My brother and I were watching "Hollywood Knights" in 11th grade on a tape my dad taped it on during the mid-80s. Before the movie, there was a disclaimer about how the movie was rated R, and would only be shown at night. Yikes. Now they show those kind of movies at 9 in the morning, and "Hollywood Knights" isn't that bad!

* In my Intro to Communications class at college,we joked around about how the most violent video game used to be "Duck Hunt," which was tame compared to the games that little kids play now.

* You don't like going to the mall as much as you used to. Now you feel so old everytime you go to a mall because the crowd is mostly 21 and under. The mall/Galleria used to be your favorite hang out place, but now it's just a place to guy buy things, avoid the teenagers, and then leave as soon as possible.

* You remember when George Michael wasn't a middle aged bathroom pervert.

* MacGyver is 53 years old. Maybey he can make a bomb out of his dentures and diapers?

* Besides being dead, there is nothing worse in this world then getting OLDER.

* Remember the mens fashion statment of the 80s? Shoes with no socks. Made ten times worse if you did it with penny loafers. God I HATED that trend. That and rolling up and cuffing your jeans. That hideous Don Johnson inspired fad died out sometime in 1988, much to my relief.

* George Michael is 40 years old.

* Gee,----I remember so clearly being a 12 year old in 7th grade back in 1988, and MY CLASS was watching a documentary from 1979 about the Three Mile Island nuclear accident. I'm not sure, but I think I remember Phil Donahue being in this one too. Donahue is like Geraldo, they both seem to get around on these kind of docs. I remember MY WHOLE CLASS of 7th graders laughing hysterically at that late 70s special back in 1988. We had no idea that while we were laughing at that thing, Donahue was making yet another documentary in that very same year with Mario Cuomo, that would later be laughed at by 15 year old 10th graders in 1998!!

* Some of my favorite tv shows from when I was younger are now refered to as "cult classics" like You Cant Do That On Television

* Recently a 13 year old girl born in 1990 asked me what it was like growing up in the 80s. Keep in mind she was born in 1990, so she wasn't even alive back then. It took me several seconds to respond, because I just kept thinking about how it used to always be me asking those kind of questions about the 50s, 60s or 70s.

* This is the year that kids born in 1987 (which is often considered to be in the LATE eighties!) turn legal and obtain their driver's licenses; similarly I noticed that one of the airline security guards was wearing a driver's license around her neck and the year of birth wasn't 1963 as I initially thought but rather 19 *8* 3!

* I am 29 and I was talking to two coworkers who are 24 and 23. One of them said that she loved buying shoes and she had more pairs than she could count. I said "Oh, you're a regular Imelda Marcos!" Both of them gave me blank looks and said "Who's Imelda Marcos?"

* In 10th Grade 4 years ago, we were watching a special about politics that aired on NBC in 1988. You know how dated it was? Mario Cuomo (former Governor of NY) and Thomas Kean (former governor of my home state, NJ) presided over it, and it was supposed to be a special about the Declaration of Inependence, with all of the Founding Fathers as current politicians making the rounds on current TV shows to talk about it. They showed up on "Donohue." My whole class thought this was hysterical.

* You feel old when you remember William Daniels as the voice of "KITT" on "Knight Rider" rather than who most kids think of him as, "Mr. Feeny" from "Boy Meets World." I'll admit it, I watched both.

* I think TV Land and Sci-Fi are attempting to go back in time to the '80s. During my semester break several weeks ago, I came across "Knight Rider" on Sci-Fi @ 5 pm every afternoon, and "MacGuyver" every afternoon.

* Remembering the days when "People's Court" was presided over by Judge Joesph Wapner, not Judge Ed Koch (although I think he is very humorous), Judge Jerry Shendilin (Judy's hubby), or Judge Marilyn Milian (the current judge).

* Watching "The Love Connection" on Game Show Network.

* You remember when the space shuttle Columbia was brand new and first launched in 1981.

* Do you find yourself listening to your city's ALL 80's STATION more than the stations that play the current Top 40?

* When you start to get older then the cops handing out traffic citations. I was just given a speeding ticket by a rookie cop born in 1982. This police officer was only 7 years old when the TV show COPs started in 1989! Hell this cop was still in middle school back in the mid 1990's! I never thought that cops would actually get younger then me, I always thought they would stay looking like middle age fat asses that can't run.

* Your kid brother ask's you "what's Pacman?"

* Watching people that used to be teenagers and/or young adults in the 1980's and 1990's becoming just as UPTIGHT and ANAL as their Baby Boomer parents. How many times have you heard former punk rocker 80's kids, and even grungy slacker 90's kids talking about how "much simpler" it was back in the day? Everyday former kids of the 80s & 90s complain more and more about how much more awful the world is today and how much more terrible the kids of today are. "These kids today do nothing but hang out at the mall, shoot each other at school and play video games blah blah blah." OR "What about the children!? My God what about the children!!?? Has anyone thought how this will affect the children!!???" That's the same overreactive felgercarb the Boomers gave us, and the same way they have been acting for the past two or three decades now. Now Gen Xers are starting to act the same way, especially those that are 25 and above. And as of this writing, everyone is still in their 20s and 30s, so we're breaking the anal barrier even faster then the Baby Boomers, who seemed to hold out on becoming stick in the mud old farts till at least middle age. I guess it was inevitable and comes with adulthood. It's happened to every other generation since humanity existed. The Woodstock generation was attacked frequently in the 80's and 90's for becoming crusty old sell outs;---Late 20th century kids/MTV Generation beware, all that felgercarb you gave the Boomers is coming back to haunt you.

* The 1982 Pontiac Trans-Am that was used for the body of KITT in Knight Rider would be a gas guzzling jalopy by present day standards. Children today would probably laugh at KITT's "futuristic dashboard" and his cheap Atari styled onboard computer graphics.

* "90's Spirit Week/Dress Up Day" in the schools. Is that for real? Hahaha. I didn't think it would happen this soon to the 90's. Ofcourse kids now could just show up dressed like they are today and say they are pretending to be 90's teenagers and not many people would know the difference.

* I was talking about our memories of the space shuttle Challenger explosion from 1986 in a coffee shop with a bunch of strangers who were gathering around on the TV in shock because we had just seen the horrible news of the recent shuttle Columbia disaster. Anyway this one dude that I would have never guessed was a young teenager (because he was so tall and old looking) just stood there without saying anything. Finally he spoke up and said, "Well, I wasn't alive in 1986". He wasn't alive in 1986. I've NEVER felt so old in my life. It's such a new feeling and experience. And yes I'm still in my 20s.

* You actually remember who "that other guy from WHAM!" was. You know, the dude that hardly anyone ever remembers. (Yes you're right his name was Andrew Ridgeley)

* I was born in 82, only wishing I was a teen then, so I could've worn the cool threads. Until now my friend and I can wear 80's clothes. We liked the music since we were kids, so why not dress the part? I own check vans, plastic bracelets, blazers, bright fishnets and doc martens. My friend is way worse. What makes me feel old? That we have to dig big time in VINTAGE shops for the fossil-ized 80's clothes. It's funny how my now adult family members regret their Madonna phase, and I envy it.

* Soon 'The 90's' will be considered a dance theme, It already came up as an idea for 'spirit week'.

* Seeing the original nintendo deck in theaft stores for about $10.00 and games for it about 2 - 5 dollars. When the nintendo deck was about 100.00 and the games were about 15.00 25.00. Seeing a big 8 ball (original) on e bay. seeing classic songs on cd that are multi music groups on a cd.Seeing my old school after the changes. Along with the drive in theaters closed down. Those were the days.When nintendo was starting to take off that was 8 bit now the grafics are 64 bit. Went fron 8 bit to 16 bit to 32 bit to 64 bit and to 64 bit plus. Seeing the game boys in color. Looking at my gamepro older magazines with the classic game systems in it. Using this computer when there use to be a comodore 64 out. But on the bright side the classic games like rubics cude is found at toys are us.Needs to replace the white center sticker. With the white one that has no web address on it. To make the original. Seeing the 8 ball with a ring on it at k mart. The music is avalible on cd now and mp3.

* Two things make me feel old, 1 when I hire someone who wasn't even I middle school when I graduated high school and 2 when my employees only know Mr. T as "Mr 1-800-COLLECT" and not as B.A. Barakus. The realy bad thing is I was only born in December of 1979 so I'm "only" 23!!!

* Strawberry Shortcake is making a comeback. A COMEBACK. When she debuted, I was too old to play with her.

* I bought a reprint of the original "Goonies" movie poster for $15. Was it worth it? Well, to see a teen-age Josh Brolin dangling from a cliff, ABSOLUTELY!!

* I couldn't help but watch "Scooby and the Reluctant Warewolf" on Saturday night on the Cartoon Network. Yikes, I remember seeing that movie when I was 6 or 7.

* I mourn the loss of my youth all the time, and I am very embarrased to be as old as I am and still trying to figure out what I want to do with my life.

* Well, I sure feel old when I have to tell people "when I was your age" stories. I'm sure it gets tiresome after 10 minutes of hearing it.

* Madonna's first album MADONNA from 1983 with such famous hits as "Holiday" and "Lucky Star" is now 20 freakin' years old. Her LIKE A VIRGIN album celebrates it's 20th anniversary next year. Remember what you used to think of albums that were 15-20+ years old?

* If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and you wanted to hire The A-Team today,.....you would have to go look for them in a nursing home. Or maybe Florida.

* When I heard that Sylvester Stallone wants to do a "Rocky VI" with his Rocky Balboa character rematching with Ivan Drago, the steroid taking Russian boxer from the 1985 film "Rocky IV". Man if they did another Rocky film now in 2003, Rocky and Drago would both qualify for AARP and be wearing depends in their boxer shorts. Not to mention that a Rocky-Drago fight today is bound to be the biggest joke in the history of cinema. Who the hell wants to watch that?

* For me? Anyone born after 1981/'82 makes me feel pretty old. I can tolerate people born in the Early 80's, but kids born in the Mid-Late 80's, and obviously any kid born in the 90's makes me feel ancient as hell. I'm 26.

* Ohhhhhhh guys getting older does suck! I was born in 1976 so I turn 27 later this year. I can't believe I'm this freaking close to being a 30 year old. :( Feels like just yesterday I was sitting in a high school and it was 1994. It's not fair how time goes by so fast. And yes I do remember what happened 20+ years ago in the early 80's. :(

* Isn't Emmanuel Lewis (Webster) like 45 years old now?

* Seeing the Atari 2600, the Commodore 64, and the 80's Nintendo and Sega video game systems in antique stores.

* You remember when Ronald Reagan won the Presidency over Jimmy Carter in 1980.

* You remember how back in the 80's you couldn't even give away 70's clothes like platform shoes, baggy pants, grunge wear, leisure suits, and bell bottoms. Hell even homeless people wouldn't wear 70's clothes in the 80's. The 1970's garb are clothes that became retro fashionable in the 1990s and for some reason still are hanging around and fashionable today. Kids today have no idea what a joke they would be thought of if they wore their ***gy hippie looking 70's clothes in the 80's.

* Hearing a song on a 80's station and knowing the song is older now then you first heard it!

* All the original kids from "The Cosby Show" except little Rudy are in their 30's. Rudy and Bud are now 23 or 24 I believe. But how weird is it to think that the actors who played Theo and Cockroach are now 30 something year old men?

* Kirk Cameron, teenage heartthrob/moron Mike Seaver from "Growing Pains", is now 32 years old!! And his stupid friend Boner is 33!!

* You remember what KITT stands for. (Knight Industries Two-Thousand) You're probably a real old fart if you remember what KARR stands for.

* Back in the 1980's, most of the youth of America definately thought that the 1960's were a barbaric time filled with sh*tty folky ballad type "oldies rock" and cheap ass technicolor "classic movies". Not many kids in the Eighties gave a flying f*ck who John Lennon or Davey Jones were. So guys it was only inevitable that by the 2000's the same attitude of cold hearted indifference and/or ignorance would be adopted by kids now in regards to the 80's. Pop culture is generational. Sometime starting around 2009-2012, you can bet your life that the same thing will happen to the 1990's. Most kids now can't even remember much before 1995/'96, so it's already starting with the 90's.

* Remember when the series "Family Ties" came out in 1982? It was a show about conservative 80's kids raised by Reaganomics dealing with their ultra liberal but still crusty old fart parents who were a couple of goofball Children of the 60's. In the 80's the 60's were some 13-20+ years ago. Now it's 2003 and....oh no. Oh No!!

* Telling anyone under 21 what a bad ass Michael Jordan was back in the 80s. The 80s was when Jordan was the "flying through the air, gold chain wearin', dunkin' over anyone, bad motho'". In the 90s Jordan became the somewhat more boring, outside shooting/fadeaway mainstream dude that won a lot of championships. These under 21 kids can't remember or weren't around for the real Michael Jordan, and they can't remember when Jordan had to take all that abuse from the media in the 80s for being nothing but a scorer and not a champion. And it gets worse, kids even younger, say under 13 only know Jordan as an old guy that can still ball really good.

* I was born in December 1983 so I remember bits and pieces of the late 80's and of course the 90's. I'm 19 and I can remember the music, I only remember from 1987 on and I remember how synthesized it all sounded, the fashions on my dad (long hair)and mom (she had the big hair, big sunglasses and pastel colored shirts)and how square and boxy the cars were then. I remember when carebears were popular lol. It makes me feel old when I listen to music from the year I was born and look at cars from that year and how much it's changed! I'm still young but it's amazing that so much has changed since then. I got a Nintendo in 1990 so I kinda missed the boat. I also remember when untied shoes were popular, having stuff buzzed into your hair and of course the flourescent colors of the early 90's. The music still rocks though!!

* Seeing shows like 'I Love the 80s' on vh1, and knowing that in 20 years it'll be called 'I love the 2000s'.

* Seeing peoples reactions in public while I'm wearing my High Tops.

* My brother found the Nintendo "Duck Hunt" gun when he was cleaning out his desk drawer. I remember we used to play that religiously when we were 6 years old, like we were pro assasins or something. Of course, this was back when video game violence was somewhat tame.

* I've also met kids who think E.T. is brand new!! They don't know E.T. is over 20 years old and that he is from 1982. But kids always think that, they think everything around is brand new and original and no one ever did what they are doing.

* For anyone who lives in Houston, TX.......Hey remember when 93Q (92.9) wasn't some stupid redneck country station, but instead the hip alternative to 104.1? 92.9 was THE station of Houston back in the 80s. And remember when 96.5 was called "Energy 96.5" instead of the easy listening "Mix 96.5" it is today?

* You remember when we didn't need "an All 80s radio station", because it actually WAS the 1980's.

* 1. the kids i baby sit for (9 and 6) were watching cartoon network and he-man was on, i was like "wow i loved that when i was your age!" i got some funny looks from them and a "this is new" 2. on of the kids at the pre school brought in ET and was talking about it and i said i watched it when i was close to his age and he told me "no you didn't, this just came out"

* I was talking to my friends about old tv shows and I brought up Airwolf and they said what is that? I felt very old at that moment as I can remember watching Airwolf and Hunter on saturday nights at my grandma's old house.

* You actually REMEMBER New Years Day, January 1st, 1980.

* My 9 year old nephew told me that his school teaches the "history" of the 80s and 90s.

* Because even the 1990's seem like a long time ago now. 1999 was so far away, but now it's already 4 YEARS AGO!

* I went to go look at a 69 camaro the other day, that the owner said was "all origional".I looked at the car with the thought of whaat needed to be replaced.the garaged cream puff had rotted bushings,cracked pint&vynyl,and needed a complete restoration.since the car and I are both 32 years old,I felt rather dated and wished the car looked better.

* i am 34 and i remember going to all the high school dances and now my daughter is 16 and going oh my i feel so old at times the 80s were the best!!

* Seeing today's video games. I remember playing Pitfall,Breakout, and the original Mario Bros., you almost have to have a college degree just to figure out these new video games!

* Yes I remember the early-mid 1990's. At that time those of us born in the 70's were the teenagers that marveled at the "retro" 1970s, and the older Xers born in the 60's were the 20 somethings. And if I remember correctly, the older Xers would get REALLY MAD at us if we dared say that the early 80's looked like the 70s. Sound familiar guys? Now a lot of us born in the 70s seem a bit annoyed with these kids born in the 80s because they call the early 90s or even mid 90s "the 80s". Ha ha, it is funny how everything always comes full circle and repeats itself.

* I don't understand how these kids born in the 80's can be so damn ignorant about the decade. I was born in 1977 and I am not completely clueless about what went on in the 70's.

* Have you ever talked to these kids born in the 90s? Try it. Man it is weird getting their perspective on life and what they think about the time we grew up in--both the 80s and the 90s. But be warned now, you'll FEEL VERY OLD talking to kids born in the 90s. I mean you may have been doing something cool back in 1991, while these kids were just being born.

* I overheard a couple of teenagers talking about 1995 like it was ancient history. If they think 1995 is that old, what do you think they will think about the 80s?

* This isn't 80s,---but I was just looking through my video collection and it dawned on me that the movie "Jurassic Park" (1993) is now 10 years old! And 90s Grunge is even older!

* The old Nintendo games like Super Mario and Duck Hunt are in antique stores!!?? Oh boy that does make me feel old!

* You watch the current Miller Light commercial with the two models catfighting and stripping in the large water fountain with your buddies. When you harken back to the 80's Miller Light ad featuring Bob Uecker, Paul Horning, Mickey Spillane and his 'Doll' (Lee Meredith); none of your buddies remember who any of those people were.

* I found my Nintendo Gameboy from 1989 that I had as a kid. My BLACK AND WHITE Gameboy from 1989. Yes it was in B&W and it had no color. If kids today saw this thing, they'd laugh their heads off at us.

* I was born in 1978, and I am not looking forward to turning 25 this year. Knowing I am now closer to 30 then 20 is hard to take. I feel very old when kids tell me they weren't around for the 80s, and I feel even older when kids can't remember the early 90s. I remember all of this that you guys are talking about, which makes me feel even older ofcourse.

* At least I feel a little younger knowing that stuff like Modern English and Talking heads is still "New Wave"

* School House Rock celebrates 30 year anniversary!

* Jerry Rice is 40 years old.

* My boyfriend's friend (who is 30) found his old Coleco Vision in the basement of his parent's house, and tortued his wife (who's 29) with it. Apparently, it still works.

* My boyfriend (20 like me) has a 30-year old friend who is married, and him and his wife have a 1-year old daughter (my boyfriend's goddaughter). I bought the baby a Care Bear for Christmas (Funshine Bear). Now, every time I'm at their apartment with my boyfriend, she walks into the room with the bear and hugs it in front of me. Makes me wanna cry every time.

* My best friend, whose a year older than me, told me she used to have a Commodore 64 when she was little. I laughed in her face!

* My old elementary school makes me feel old. My school district has two elementary schools: the primary school and the intermediate school. I started school in 1988, and so much has changed about it--the name (formerly Little Egg Harbor Primary School, now George J. Mitchell Primary School), the grades that occupy it (1988-Special Ed Pre-school, Kindergarten through 6th, now Pre-K through 2nd), the intermediate school exists (it didn't until 9/1990), and the size. It accomodated 600 kids in 1988, now it accomodates over 1000 children, has 4 playgrounds (as opposed to the dinky one we had until 2nd grade, before they built the cool playground, and BEFORE they built the other two cooler playgrounds). And my parent's friend's two kids go there, and ask me about what it USED to look like. Oh no.

* Seeing the pictures from a January 1983 blizzard that looked very similar to Winter Storm '96, which took place exactly 13 years later. Difference was, I was 3 months old in January '83, and 13 in January '96!

* On Saturday morning, one of my rituals is to lay in bed until 10:30 or 11 and flip through the channels (plus, I live in New Jersey, and the subzero temps have been enough to keep me there-BRRRRR!). I went by a channel that was airing...oh jeez, I can't believe I'm saying this...a REVIVED version of "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles." OH NO! WHY is there a remake of the Ninja Turtles? Worse yet, I spotted the action action figures in Suncoast video. I thought they were just bringing them back as nostalgia. Oh felgercarb.

* Being the oldest person at a rock concert. I'm 30 and my boyfriend is 27. We took my teenaged sisters (16 and 14) to go see Blink 182 and Green Day (big mistake) and we were practically the only two in line for beer because NO ONE ELSE THERE WAS OLD ENOUGH TO DRINK YET. Then, to make things worse, the guy selling the beer (who was barely old enough to drink himself), when we started to take out our i.d.'s tells us " I don't need to see i.d's, you're old."

* Guns N Roses "Appetite For Destruction" and Bon Jovi's "Slippery When Wet" are now played on classic rock stations.

* On a beautiful spring day, Dad pulled into the driveway in a brand spankin' new 1980 Datsun 210 (for you younger folks, Nissan took over Datsun). The car cost 4,400. At the time, I believe my favorite show was "Mork and Mindy", the movies were hyping up the release of "The Empire Strikes Back", and I was the unofficial neighborhood champion of Atari Missile Command (I could flip the score back to zero several times per game). Now I'm 28 and I was thrilled when my friend downloaded emulators so that I could play Missile Command again. I had to explain to my little cousin that what Roman was holding in "The Great Outdoors" IS a cell phone. My Generation 1 Transformers are worth something on E-bay and they now have these miniature mp.3 players that you can hold in one hand which stores what used to be a cabinet of records. I grew up following the caree

That is a lot to read through, but I remember some of it.

* You remember what KITT stands for. (Knight Industries Two-Thousand) You're probably a real old fart if you remember what KARR stands for.

Yes, I remember what KITT stands for. And by the way, KARR stands for Knight Automated Roving Robot. (I looked it up some time ago.) :lol:

You feel old when you remember William Daniels as the voice of "KITT" on "Knight Rider" rather than who most kids think of him as, "Mr. Feeny" from "Boy Meets World." I'll admit it, I watched both.

Yes, I remember him on both shows and I watched em both.

I think TV Land and Sci-Fi are attempting to go back in time to the '80s. During my semester break several weeks ago, I came across "Knight Rider" on Sci-Fi @ 5 pm every afternoon, and "MacGuyver" every afternoon.

Yup, I watched Knight Rider when it was on SciFi.

isn't Knight Rider still on Scifi? I'm pretty sure I saw it on a couple of weeks ago. I use to watch that show all the time when I was a kid. (y)

SecretAgentMan said:
isn't Knight Rider still on Scifi? I'm pretty sure I saw it on a couple of weeks ago. I use to watch that show all the time when I was a kid. (y)
I'm sure it still is on SciFi. I remember having a KITT car that I always played with.

announcement: i used to watch the ninja turtles (i'm an '85 child) and now they've brought them back. it makes you feel old when you can now say "i saw them the 1st time around". i'll be 73(?) when halley's comet comes back

Gosh, I do feel really old now, as I was born in September of 82. I do remember The A-Team with Mr. T who was so cool back then. And then there was My Little Pony, Rainbow Brite, and Strawberry Shortcake. I always shudder when I walk into a store such as Wet Seal and see a graphic tee with Strawberry Shortcake on there, lol.

yea well i remember most of the old series back than....i used to be sick when i was little just to watch my favourite cartoons :lol:

Back